Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:07:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W  (Read 45439 times)
katsapliasR

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:19:06 PM

I'm trying to send the command from a linux host:
Code:
echo "switchpool|1" | nc x.x.x.x 4028
and I get the response:
Code:
STATUS=E,When=1532879894,Code=45,Msg=Access denied to 'switchpool' command,Description=sgminer 4.4.2
I have already tried to add the options:
Code:
"api-groups": "H:switchpool:enablepool:addpool:disablepool:removepool:poolpriority",
"api-allow": "R:0/0,W:0/0",
or
Code:
"api-allow": "R:0/0,W:*",
with no luck

but from the same host I get response from the read-only command:
Code:
echo '{"command":"stats"}' | nc x.x.x.x 4028

any suggestions?

Do you have privileged access working? What does the "privileged" command return?

If you don't have privileged access working, the only way I've been able to get it working is to modify the cgminer.service script in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ to add "--api-allow W:0/0".

no, the "privileged" commands return the same error code, so I will try your suggestion
I couldn't find any documentation for the cgminer.service script, can I add the "--api-allow W:0/0" on the "[Service]" section?
BTW the cgminer.service is read-only and I cannot do any changes

You have to remount the filesystem as read/write: "mount / -o rw,remount"

My cgminer.service line looks like: "ExecStart=/bin/cgminer -c /etc/cgminer.conf --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 -syslog --text only"

That did the trick!
thanks a lot, it is working now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mharunnaik

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:47:55 PM

Hi,
what mining pool to use with a9 Zmaster, can someone please help me out setting it up
I'm new, please forgive me if it seems silly. Smiley
sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:07:08 PM

Hey Everyone,
Stupid question, but I haven't purchased from INNO since Dec. of 2013!

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on the A9 deal.
Can you tell me how quickly you received a response from shipping after confirming wire transfer?

Rough maths show some pretty good returns, especially if the free Sept. batch ships.
I'm game.

Wire confirmed on my end Monday. Nothing from Inno.
I must have picked a terrible time to order.

Should I expect a confirmation email or shipment notification prior to arrival?
Just trying to manage expectations.

From my experience, you should expect nothing from them faster than 72 hrs. You should expect them to ignore your emails and treat you like trash. Yes, I am passionate about my hatred for their customer service.
I never received confirmation from Inno on my order, I got shipping info right away in about 4-5 days.

I can only speak from my own experience.

I am from USA, so maybe my expectations are based on what I experience with companies here when you spend thousands of dollars on their products.

I like INNO miners.

So general consensus is “Sit down, shut up, and wait for your miner!”  Cheesy
I feel you Hempkat. A confirmation of payment would be good CS.

I won't accept that kind of CS when I am spending up to $50K.

That is why I switched to my personal agent I found on Alibaba.

Happy to make intro. PM me.

Sent you a PM.
hempkat

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:48:31 PM

Hi,
what mining pool to use with a9 Zmaster, can someone please help me out setting it up
I'm new, please forgive me if it seems silly. Smiley

I have been using NanoPool.

Happy to help.

If you want this, I can get you the information you need tomorrow.

I am interested however in other pools like Mining Pool Hub.
minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 07:53:03 PM

Hey Everyone,
Stupid question, but I haven't purchased from INNO since Dec. of 2013!

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on the A9 deal.
Can you tell me how quickly you received a response from shipping after confirming wire transfer?

Rough maths show some pretty good returns, especially if the free Sept. batch ships.
I'm game.

Wire confirmed on my end Monday. Nothing from Inno.
I must have picked a terrible time to order.

Should I expect a confirmation email or shipment notification prior to arrival?
Just trying to manage expectations.

From my experience, you should expect nothing from them faster than 72 hrs. You should expect them to ignore your emails and treat you like trash. Yes, I am passionate about my hatred for their customer service.
I never received confirmation from Inno on my order, I got shipping info right away in about 4-5 days.

I can only speak from my own experience.

I am from USA, so maybe my expectations are based on what I experience with companies here when you spend thousands of dollars on their products.

I like INNO miners.

So general consensus is “Sit down, shut up, and wait for your miner!”  Cheesy
I feel you Hempkat. A confirmation of payment would be good CS.

I won't accept that kind of CS when I am spending up to $50K.

That is why I switched to my personal agent I found on Alibaba.

Happy to make intro. PM me.

Sent you a PM.

Yea service is something to be desired in the asic world especially.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
Gedaskv

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:04:08 PM

I think this speaks for itself.

I've switched both my miners away from Nicehash to MPH, and I'm getting a steady 50KSol/s+ from each miner, backed up on the dashboard at MPH. Less than 1% rejected shares and no HW errors...and no dropped connections.

So it would seem, MPH is far more reliable than Nicehash, and consequently a higher return rate - would that be the feeling from other people on here ?

NOT SURE ABOUT THAT, BECAUSE ACCORDING MY EXPERIENCE NICEHASH IS HIGHER RETURN IN BTC. i COMPARED 2 DAYS MINING. IN EUROPEAN SERVERS AT LEAST.
panningforcoin

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 08:19:12 PM

Hi guys...

MY MPH test concluded and it was less than I hopped for. After 24 hours I averaged $2.81 a hour. Nicehash beats this by about 60 cents per hour for me. Also just mining ZEC on Flypool beat this considerably as well. I'm now back on nicehash deciding what to try next. I like the idea of switching for profit so I bought AM but don't have a clue how to use it yet, or unlock the A9 to give AM privileged access. I did ssh into my A9 and change the fan speeds so hopefully I can figure this out before long.

24 hour MPH test:
2.347406 ZEN - $57.97
0.66755112 ZCL  - $9.69

Total $67.66
$2.81 a hour:(

I can't recommend MPH profit switching for the A9 over other options. Mining one coin directly might be fine, I have not tried that on MPH. Profit switching using GPU's or other Asics might be fine, I did not try that. Not bashing MPH but for the A9 there are better options than the Equihash profit switching.

Observing the switching on MPH it seemed to switch too late. Once one coin over took the other MPH would stay on the less profitable coin for a while, sometimes a long while. I guess until the block was found. Many times by the time it switched to the other coin it was on the way down. That's just my observations and could be incorrect.

Hempkat I also PM'd you about the Alibaba guy.

Thanks
hempkat

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:05:49 PM

Hi guys...

MY MPH test concluded and it was less than I hopped for. After 24 hours I averaged $2.81 a hour. Nicehash beats this by about 60 cents per hour for me. Also just mining ZEC on Flypool beat this considerably as well. I'm now back on nicehash deciding what to try next. I like the idea of switching for profit so I bought AM but don't have a clue how to use it yet, or unlock the A9 to give AM privileged access. I did ssh into my A9 and change the fan speeds so hopefully I can figure this out before long.

24 hour MPH test:
2.347406 ZEN - $57.97
0.66755112 ZCL  - $9.69

Total $67.66
$2.81 a hour:(

I can't recommend MPH profit switching for the A9 over other options. Mining one coin directly might be fine, I have not tried that on MPH. Profit switching using GPU's or other Asics might be fine, I did not try that. Not bashing MPH but for the A9 there are better options than the Equihash profit switching.

Observing the switching on MPH it seemed to switch too late. Once one coin over took the other MPH would stay on the less profitable coin for a while, sometimes a long while. I guess until the block was found. Many times by the time it switched to the other coin it was on the way down. That's just my observations and could be incorrect.

Hempkat I also PM'd you about the Alibaba guy.

Thanks

As we speak, I am doing $3.05 per hour on NanoPool. I guess I will stay there.

I was really hoping for Nice Hash since I fucking love getting paid in BTC. It's a novelty. Yeah, yeah...just sell you ZEC for BTC, I know, I know. But nothing beats being paid in cold, hard, decentralized BT fackin C...

I PM'd you back. Both my agents are chicks. Sally (the first one) is good.
hempkat

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:12:43 PM

I've switched both my miners away from Nicehash to MPH, and I'm getting a steady 50KSol/s+ from each miner, backed up on the dashboard at MPH. Less than 1% rejected shares and no HW errors...and no dropped connections.

So it would seem, MPH is far more reliable than Nicehash, and consequently a higher return rate - would that be the feeling from other people on here ?

NOT SURE ABOUT THAT, BECAUSE ACCORDING MY EXPERIENCE NICEHASH IS HIGHER RETURN IN BTC. i COMPARED 2 DAYS MINING. IN EUROPEAN SERVERS AT LEAST.

How much per hour on Nice Hash?
panningforcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 10:58:24 PM

I'm about $3.40 a hour on nicehash. The thing for me is it's very consistent with payouts while as of the last few days WhatToMine shows the coins moving up/down in profit very quickly, so without switching coins I don't see how I can beat nicehash. I hope I can because I'd rather be mining coin! I know I can just buy them but it's not nearly as much fun... Anyone care to give easy instructions to enable the A9 to be controlled by AM? I found this post but can't imagine it could be this easy?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4547429.0

I got putty and know how to ssh in, use vim, etc.. Just got no clue at that point.
hempkat

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:10:49 PM

I'm about $3.40 a hour on nicehash. The thing for me is it's very consistent with payouts while as of the last few days WhatToMine shows the coins moving up/down in profit very quickly, so without switching coins I don't see how I can beat nicehash. I hope I can because I'd rather be mining coin! I know I can just buy them but it's not nearly as much fun... Anyone care to give easy instructions to enable the A9 to be controlled by AM? I found this post but can't imagine it could be this easy?

I got putty and know how to ssh in, use vim, etc.. Just got no clue at that point.

Do you find that when you use Nice Hash it is smooth?

No interruptions?

I have not been able to do this.

Will you share your wisdom with us please?
sweeperAA

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:13:30 PM

It's in this thread at this response: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4432819.msg43100055#msg43100055

username and password is earlier in this thread.
panningforcoin

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 11:49:26 PM

It's in this thread at this response: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4432819.msg43100055#msg43100055

Thank you!

To be 100% certain before I do it, here are the steps??

login via putty

remount file system to read write:
"mount / -o rw,remount"

edit cgminer.service with vim
change this:
"ExecStart=/bin/cgminer -c /etc/cgminer.conf --api-listen --api-network --syslog --text only"

to this:

"ExecStart=/bin/cgminer -c /etc/cgminer.conf --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 --syslog --text only"

Save/exit/reboot

Then AM will have privileged access?

Thanks in advance!

xpulse

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:58:38 PM

Thank you!

login via putty

"mount / -o rw,remount"

change this:
"ExecStart=/bin/cgminer -c /etc/cgminer.conf --api-listen --api-network --syslog --text only"

to this:

"ExecStart=/bin/cgminer -c /etc/cgminer.conf --api-listen --api-network --api-allow W:0/0 --syslog --text only"

Save/exit/reboot

Thanks in advance!

Another way is update in cgminer.conf in /config/ folder, following line:
"api-allow": "W:10.0.0.0/24,W:127.0.0.1",
where: W:10.0.0.0/24 <- should be your local network.

sweeperAA

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 12:45:57 AM

Thank you!

login via putty

"mount / -o rw,remount"

change this:

to this:

Save/exit/reboot

Thanks in advance!

Yes, this is what I had to do. I wasn't able to get xpulse's method to work (even though it should have).
panningforcoin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 03:19:39 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 04:43:07 AM by panningforcoin

Thanks sweeperAA and Xpulse, I got it working. I set up profit switching for AM and it has switched once already. Amazing software!

A question for anyone using AM.

The hash rates reported by AM are way way off. Is this because I still have the original A9 firmware? Not a big deal since my hash rate is fine at the pools but if updating the A9's firmware would help AM's reporting I'll do it.

Loving AM!

Thanks

mharunnaik

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:17:30 AM

Hi "I set up profit switching for AM"  can you give steps please
panningforcoin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:32:17 AM

I started by following this guide to the letter:

Then I went here and learned how to add more than just three pools.
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help.aspx

So now I got all the Equihash pools switching on profit.
I set the payout high because I don't have wallets for a couple of these coins Tongue

So far I'm blown away. I also set up nicehash/equihash as one of the pools and it's switching to them at times.

I'm very new to mining as I'm sure most of you can tell but so far AM is the best thing I've come across, just incredible.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions. Appreciate it!

minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:47:06 AM

I set the payout high because I don't have wallets for a couple of these coins Tongue

So far I'm blown away. I also set up nicehash/equihash as one of the pools and it's switching to them at times.

I'm very new to mining as I'm sure most of you can tell but so far AM is the best thing I've come across, just incredible.

What do you mean high? I would pay out a reasonable amount where (if) any fee taken is negligible. You want altcoin to capitalize on profits as soon as there are some. Right now is hold or push to BTC with market down.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
panningforcoin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 07:08:11 AM

What do you mean high? I would pay out a reasonable amount where (if) any fee taken is negligible. You want altcoin to capitalize on profits as soon as there are some. Right now is hold or push to BTC with market down.

Oh I just meant I didn't have a wallet for Komodo, Hush, BCI, so I set the payout on Supernova very high since I haven't had the time to get the wallet set up, that's all. I get those set up tomorrow and set the payouts to a reasonable rate. Just rushing things tonight learning as much as I can about AM.
Thanks, good advice about the market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: