Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:18:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W  (Read 45439 times)
minefarmbuy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:12:05 PM

September batch available now, decent price drop as well. Looks like their competing with Bitmains pricing finally.

Premier asic sourcing minefarmbuy.com #mineon
Twitter:@minefarmbuy -LN Tips-
Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:42:32 PM

September batch available now, decent price drop as well. Looks like their competing with Bitmains pricing finally.

Still over-priced IMO considering how many miners will be coming online in September.  And it still doesn't compete with the $/performance of the Z9 Mini
minefarmbuy

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 08:22:01 PM

Still over-priced IMO considering how many miners will be coming online in September.  And it still doesn't compete with the $/performance of the Z9 Mini

Can't argue, but it's nice we don't have to group up buyers for the odd ship 1 now and 1 Sept offer. If anything Inno should have adjusted once the Z9 "full" was announced.

Email: info@minefarmbuy.com PGP:1A1C A4D4 CE04 F57E 1C0C 5240 592A 09BF CCB4 F0C3
masrobots

Activity: 16
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:53:37 AM

TeamCheck script finally got tested. and failed! I updated with a fix. Tested working!

One issue though. They went down at the same or close to the same time. Im not sure one had time to save the other. I may have a decentralization issue  Roll Eyes
Aw well. Ill leave them running. But I think I better run a check from my PC as well. I guess ill try and figure out the windows CURL command syntax issue or run from VM with a small linux, in case they do go down at the same time.

Hows it going with the new firmware guys? Fix the issue? Im gunna update after a nap. I need to redo all the script files if I do. so more than a couple of clicks and im tired.

I installed the new firmware on Aug13 and my A9 still stopped hashing/went offline the other night. Lost about 6 hours of mining while I slept. A9 was still on, but pool showed the miner missing and I couldn't access the box with a browser. Requires a power off-power on reboot every few days when this happens.
I had hoped the new firmware would have fixed that issue but I guess I'm going to have to use the smart plug I bought and figure out the IFTTT method of having the switch reboot when the box goes dark.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:21:28 PM

TeamCheck script finally got tested. and failed! I updated with a fix. Tested working!

One issue though. They went down at the same or close to the same time. Im not sure one had time to save the other. I may have a decentralization issue  Roll Eyes
Aw well. Ill leave them running. But I think I better run a check from my PC as well. I guess ill try and figure out the windows CURL command syntax issue or run from VM with a small linux, in case they do go down at the same time.

Hows it going with the new firmware guys? Fix the issue? Im gunna update after a nap. I need to redo all the script files if I do. so more than a couple of clicks and im tired.

I installed the new firmware on Aug13 and my A9 still stopped hashing/went offline the other night. Lost about 6 hours of mining while I slept. A9 was still on, but pool showed the miner missing and I couldn't access the box with a browser. Requires a power off-power on reboot every few days when this happens.
I had hoped the new firmware would have fixed that issue but I guess I'm going to have to use the smart plug I bought and figure out the IFTTT method of having the switch reboot when the box goes dark.

That's disappointing to hear.  I have the same issue and was hoping the new firmware fixed the problem.  I have a smart plug too, but not an ideal solution.  Sad
masrobots

Activity: 16
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:33:24 PM

That's disappointing to hear.  I have the same issue and was hoping the new firmware fixed the problem.  I have a smart plug too, but not an ideal solution.  Sad

Brothers from another mother. Smiley
scholes83

Activity: 195
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:30:14 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 09:48:47 AM by scholes83

I was thinking to buy  A9 Zmaster from September batch . As i understand that nobody recommends to buy due to difficulty will be increased after delivery of September batch.

I just had a look the Current Zcash Difficulty: 16,635,290.57604960 and i made a quick calculation on website below with Zcash Difficulty:30,000k.
even Zcash Difficulty doubled , monthly profit is around 900 dollar. Should i buy A9 Zmaster for 5500 dollar and start mining? I am new and it will be first time for me to mine .

http://www.mycryptobuddy.com/ZCashMiningCalculator
thedude400

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:33:58 AM

I was thinking to buy  A9 Zmaster from September batch . As i understand that nobody recommends to buy due to difficulty will be increased after delivery of September batch.

I just had a look the Current Zcash Difficulty: 16,635,290.57604960 and i made a quick calculation on website below with Zcash Difficulty:30,000k.
even Zcash Difficulty doubled , monthly profit is around 900 dollar. Should i buy A9 Zmaster for 5500 dollar and start mining? I am new and it will be first time for me to mine .

No one knows what will happen to difficulty other than it almost certainly won't go down. I would recommend you look at what happened to Decred's difficulty when those ASICS flooded the market, Zcash will probably do something similar. Inno's price drop indicates they are reacting to A. Bitmain competition B. Zcash's current coin price decline and C. Planned hashing difficulty increase.

$3500 with PSU for the mid september ship sounds like a decent deal, but do as much research as you can before investing. You could ROI in 2 months, or you could ROI in 10 months or more, lots of variables to consider.
Solsichu

Activity: 37
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:42:56 PM

That sucks! My, on miner, scripts work but I ported to a windows bat file after Both went down at the same time the other day. No more worries for me finally.

Heres my Windows solution for TP-Link Plugs. Along with Task Scheduled every 5 min and set to "Run whether user is logged in or not" to run background.

MinerCheck194.bat
Code:
@echo off

set /a RetryCount=6
set /a RetrySleep=20
set /a Shutdown=40

set /a loopcount=1

:while
curl 192.168.1.194:4028 -m 2 -o c:\asic\tmp.txt
echo Error Code: %errorlevel%

if %loopcount% leq %RetryCount% (

if %errorlevel% == 0 (
echo Miner 192.168.1.194 Success %date% at %time% >> C:\asic\Internet.txt
echo Success! Curl Command returned a response.
goto :End
) else (

echo Miner 192.168.1.194 No Response on %date% at %time%     Error Code: %errorlevel% >> C:\asic\Internet.txt
echo !!FAILURE!! Curl command did not return a response

if %loopcount% equ 5 (
echo done

curl -X POST https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TOKEN -d @c:\asic\194OFF.txt -H "Content-Type: application/json"
    echo Miner 192.168.1.194 Shutdown command sent on %date% at %time% >> C:\asic\Internet.txt

timeout /t %Shutdown%
curl -X POST https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TOKEN -d @c:\asic\194ON.txt -H "Content-Type: application/json"
    echo Miner 192.168.1.194 Startup  command sent on %date% at %time% >> C:\asic\Internet.txt

goto :End
)

set /a loopcount+=1
timeout /t %RetrySleep%
goto :while
)

)

:End

194OFF.txt
Code:
{
 "method":"passthrough",
 "params":{
 "deviceId":"YOUR_DEVICEID",
 "requestData":"{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":0}}}"
 }
}

194ON.txt
Code:
{
 "method":"passthrough",
 "params":{
 "deviceId":"YOUR_DEVICEID",
 "requestData":"{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":1}}}"
 }
}

BTC: 1BZDgWfFLZ5ZSvhWB7UtUwgF5cp89mrCVv
ETH: 0xC15453FfCDF0A8313a6B7C6ab4f7c9D6e1e2A307
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:45:04 PM

for TP-Link smart-switches HS100 and HS110 i can recommend the homeautomation-system pimatic. it can make any rule you want, for example if power consumption is less than 300W it should switch off/on etc.
minefarmbuy

We are not retail.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 01:55:32 PM

No one knows what will happen to difficulty other than it almost certainly won't go down. I would recommend you look at what happened to Decred's difficulty when those ASICS flooded the market, Zcash will probably do something similar. Inno's price drop indicates they are reacting to A. Bitmain competition B. Zcash's current coin price decline and C. Planned hashing difficulty increase.

$3500 with PSU for the mid september ship sounds like a decent deal, but do as much research as you can before investing. You could ROI in 2 months, or you could ROI in 10 months or more, lots of variables to consider.

Personally, if I have to pose a question like this for any purchase I would consider it a while. Be careful of resellers as well, you don't want a lemon. Go with a vendor you trust if you can't wait till Sept. Also, if you buy from Innosilicon it's best to wire USD to them. Their BTC and LTC prices are close to $200 above market value.

Solsichu

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:19:17 PM

for TP-Link smart-switches HS100 and HS110 i can recommend the homeautomation-system pimatic. it can make any rule you want, for example if power consumption is less than 300W it should switch off/on etc.

they seem to draw full load when they crash for me. I havent check specifically but the bar on my UPS load meter doesnt change.

Will the hs100 report power draw? Didnt think it did. Im going to have to try that.

vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:33:16 PM

they seem to draw full load when they crash for me. I havent check specifically but the bar on my UPS load meter doesnt change.

Will the hs100 report power draw? Didnt think it did. Im going to have to try that.

ahh my bad. only HS110 can measure the consumption, HS100 only on/off i think
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:27:42 PM

Best to use a pool that alerts when a rig stops sending shares. Then reboot through a smart plug. Mine haven't froze since I upgraded to new firmware, but in the past I was remotely rebooting through smart plugs.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Solsichu

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

Best to use a pool that alerts when a rig stops sending shares. Then reboot through a smart plug. Mine haven't froze since I upgraded to new firmware, but in the past I was remotely rebooting through smart plugs.

We're more discussing solutions that don't involve human interaction. Pool alerts will be my backup now. As my PC is constantly checking on my miners and will automatically power cycle withing 5 minutes. I havent frozen with the new firmware either but someone mentioned they did, so its likely only a matter of time.

Awesome miner has some really robust monitoring and response functions, but its untested with A9's and I felt like writing something tailored for me.

On a slightly related (uptime) note. I'm using a Asus RT-AC56U Router that does Dual WAN with and Android phone as failover. It was the cheapest setup to have backup internet. My ISP has occasional Maintenance and outages. Its seems like a fairly rare function on low end equipment. Even DDWRT doesnt do it easily.

hempkat

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:13:46 PM

We're more discussing solutions that don't involve human interaction. Pool alerts will be my backup now. As my PC is constantly checking on my miners and will automatically power cycle withing 5 minutes. I havent frozen with the new firmware either but someone mentioned they did, so its likely only a matter of time.

Awesome miner has some really robust monitoring and response functions, but its untested with A9's and I felt like writing something tailored for me.

On a slightly related (uptime) note. I'm using a Asus RT-AC56U Router that does Dual WAN with and Android phone as failover. It was the cheapest setup to have backup internet. My ISP has occasional Maintenance and outages. Its seems like a fairly rare function on low end equipment. Even DDWRT doesnt do it easily.

I have not had problems since the firmware update either.

How is your script working currently?
Solsichu

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 04:41:36 AM

I have not had problems since the firmware update either.

How is your script working currently?

No issues since the firmware update. 2days 1hours uptime on one. The other only 18hours. Rebooted it doing final testing of my windows script.

I know my on miner script works. Ive see it save a unit when its frozen. The windows script needs to see a frozen unit to be sure it works. Maybe it never will with the new firmware.

Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:54:02 AM

So is updating to recent firmware worth it? Any noticable differences?
nadeaup

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:53:38 PM

The reported hash rate builds slower, once stable there is less fluctuations. No increase that I can see but better reporting if you use tools like awesomeminer to monitor income of your farm.

-Patrick
holabebe

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:26:02 PM

random question!

how many units are coming on September in total?

by how much the difficulty will increase?

Thank you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: