Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:20:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon releases A9 Zmaster 50ksol/s Equihash miner at 620W  (Read 45470 times)
boo50

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

lux8.net

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:40:24 AM

ATM we've some A9 working on pool @ https://Nibirupool.com/
Here are example of pool reported hashrate for A9, avg hashrate 52+ksol/s, mining ZClassic (solo atm, he's a first miner on zcl pool) --> https://zcl.nibirupool.com/stats

we'll be glad to see you on our pool.

Andartis

Activity: 306
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:52:15 PM

Since everyone is waiting for someone else to try the new firmware  Wink

With the new firmware it took about 35 mins for the A9 to ramp up to 50 ksol, but hash rate graph was much smoother than before after that. Fan speed is still between 15-25% and share accepted rate is 94-95%.

I have updated one for testing. Ramping up to 50k Sols took much longer. So far I could not see a difference. Maybe they fixed the memory bug?
Solsichu

Activity: 37
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:27:45 AM

Code:
echo "Miner $MinerIP" >> /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log
                        date +'Power Cycled on Date : %d/%m/%Y Time : %H.%M.%S' >> /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log
                        echo "$(tail -n 50 /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log)" > /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log

Added a log file to my script with the above code. Updated the post. I learned that awesome miner has the capability to do what this script does and way more. I'll probably try it at some point but Im happy to be worry free about their uptime for now.

Still waiting to see if setting "vm.min_free_kbytes = 8192" may have made a difference. I'm at 5 days uptime. cgminer still fills memory and restarts. Just hasn't crashed yet.

Code:
sysctl -w vm.min_free_kbytes=8192

BTC: 1BZDgWfFLZ5ZSvhWB7UtUwgF5cp89mrCVv
ETH: 0xC15453FfCDF0A8313a6B7C6ab4f7c9D6e1e2A307
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:37:17 PM

I have updated one for testing. Ramping up to 50k Sols took much longer. So far I could not see a difference. Maybe they fixed the memory bug?

Nope, still not.

Is the memory issue a software bug or hardware problem?
Solsichu

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:57:30 PM

Ugg, The internet really is cesspool. Someone logged into my A9 this morning and changed my pools. It was my fault for leaving it port forwarded to the internet with default passwords. But it begs the question. Is this person port scanning the entire net? Or did he pull my IP from this site?

This mediocre punk hacker:

stratum+tcp://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:3357
3LqPKdLoZsNSyFarscBfMnFmpAgAfDMriW

stratum+tcp://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357
3LqPKdLoZsNSyFarscBfMnFmpAgAfDMriW

So yeah, remember to change your passwords if you NEED to go directly on the net with these. I knew it was dumb, was just kinda curious to find out if things were really that bad out there. Im going to report the username later, im justlate from fixing this.

OrionX

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:46:16 PM

So yeah, remember to change your passwords if you NEED to go directly on the net with these. I knew it was dumb, was just kinda curious to find out if things were really that bad out there. Im going to report the username later, ...
Where would you possibly "report" this to?  Nicehash is the home of persons who literally do not care.

In my experience, no one (absolutely no one) will care about your report.

In order for you to achieve any justice whatsoever, you'll have to hack the lowlife yourself and get all those coins back.
kkrectorden

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:26:31 PM

I have seriously no idea how they beat them and crush the innos.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:09:23 AM

Nope, still not.

Is the memory issue a software bug or hardware problem?

Software.

If it's software why doesn't every miner have this issue?  Because only a minority of miners have this issue.
mvd

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:40:36 AM

Ugg, The internet really is cesspool. Someone logged into my A9 this morning and changed my pools. It was my fault for leaving it port forwarded to the internet with default passwords. But it begs the question. Is this person port scanning the entire net? Or did he pull my IP from this site?

BWAHAHAHA... That's actually brilliant.  And teaches you not to be so careless and lazy.

I want to reach through the internet and high five that guy!  Cheesy
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:44:29 AM

is nicehash supporting the A9?
Solsichu

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 01:44:35 PM

BWAHAHAHA... That's actually brilliant.  And teaches you not to be so careless and lazy.

So, your a lowlife groupy? It was a social experiment. I was betting on not getting hacked and I was wrong. I also didn't think I'd get such a juvenile response. I have a bad habit of forgetting how many bad apples are out there. I wasn't so careless and lazy that I didn't have notifications setup to tell me my miner stopped hashing to the correct pool. They got maybe $2, mostly because I was curious and poked around a bit before fixing it. I dont feel like I got ripped off for $2. I feel like I paid $2 to do an experiment. You mind laughing and berating people cluelessly elsewhere?

hempkat

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:59:42 PM

To get around not being able to write a file, you have to remount the filesystem as read/write: "mount / -o rw,remount"

Thanks!, I did need "mount / -o rw,remount"
I thought I would never have to do this again but I did. Worked like a charm. And besides some annoying syntax issues, so did everything else. So here it is.

More polished solution for Miners checking up on each other and automatically power-cycling TP-Link Smart/Wifi Plugs, if one finds the other not hashing.
New Things:
Fully Miner Managed Service on a 10min Timer to execute
Outputs all steps Directly To miner GUI Log (Main System Log)
*Edited post with Logging to TeamCheck.log

Instructions - Quick and dry instructions. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Get Putty>Enter IP address of Miner
Left Window>SSH>X11>Check Enable X11 Forwarding
Name "Saved Sessions" and Click Save
Click Open, type login:admin, type password:blacksheepwall

cd /etc/systemd/system/      #standard place for timer/service files
mount / -o rw,remount        #Thanks Sweeper!!

Create the 3 files:
     vi TeamCheck.service
          i for insert mode
          Shift-Insert to paste code from below
          :wq to save (q! is quit without save)
     vi TeamCheck.timer
          "  same
     vi TeamCheck.sh
          "  same

chmod -x TeamCheck.sh    #This may not be necessary

systemctl enable TeamCheck.timer   #Enables/Recognizes the timer
systemctl start TeamCheck.timer     #Starts the timer

Setup elements:
TeamCheck.timer:  OnCalendar=*:0/10 #is how oftern the script runs and target miner is contacted. This is 10min. *:0/5 would be 5min
TeamCheck.sh:  
MinerIP=192.168.1.126  #Target Miner to Check on
RetryCount=8  #How many times to Retry contacting target miner. RetryCount*RetrySleep=time before ac plug powercycle
RetrySleep=30 #how many seconds to wait between attempts to contact miner.
loopcount=1 #static variable for loop. Leave as 1
Shutdown=40 #Time to wait in seconds after target Miner Power Down is sent before sending Power Up signal

My On Off Signals are in TeamCheck.sh
These are for TP Link Plugs. A Solution to send a reboot command to your Plugs WILL NEED TO NEED to be figured out.
TP-Link Plugs are about 15-$20 each. So not a bad investment to eliminate almost any issue that a power cycle will resolve.
That being said. If someone has an issue where their non hashing miner will take an SSH command. Than a reboot/service restart would be easy todo.

On:    curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TOKEN  HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":0}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"

Off:    curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TOKEN  HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":0}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"

FOR TP-LINK WIFI/SMART Plugs setup with the Kasa App
You need you Device id for YOUR_DEVICE_ID and Security Token for YOUR_TOKEN. They were pretty easy to get with online guides.
http://itnerd.space/2017/01/22/how-to-control-your-tp-link-hs100-smartplug-from-internet/

Some other NOT IMPORTANT but interesting things I learned making this.
echo "Hello" | systemd-cat   #Adding this at the end of an echo line will print to the Web GUI Log
systemctl list-timers -all       #Shows all timers. When they will execute again.
systemctl start/stop/restart cgminer    #For those that dont know
May have been able todo without the TeamCheck.timer file by using a service restart command in the service file but it was poorly documented and I went with textbook.
Still todo is add a Log of AC Powercycles that wont disappear. Got to look up how to log with chance of file overgrowth. Should never happen in this scenario but im being particular and trying to force better habits to learn
Checking on a second Miner would be most easily accomplished at this point by copying TeamCheck.sh to ex TeamCheck2.sh. Changing IP and adding to TeamCheck.service ExecStart line

Last, If anyone finds this concept/code more than interesting and actually uses it at any kind of scale. Feel Free to Donate. Feel Free not to tho Smiley
BTC - 3MDjV9Hk2qQUyoYAEx9jP594iBo8uJtVmm

TeamCheck.service
Code:
[Unit]
Description=Scheduled Remote Miner Checker/PowerCycler
After=network.target
[Service]
ExecStart=/bin/sh /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.sh
Type=oneshot
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

TeamCheck.timer
Code:
[Unit]
Description=Scheduled Remote Miner Checker/PowerCycler
[Timer]
OnCalendar=*:0/10
[Install]
WantedBy=timers.target

TeamCheck.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

MinerIP=192.168.1.126
RetryCount=8
RetrySleep=30
loopcount=1
Shutdown=40

while [ $loopcount -le $RetryCount ]
do
        echo ""
        echo "Checkup Attempt #$loopcount: Contacting Miner $MinerIP cgminer-API." | systemd-cat
        echo ""
        cgminer-api version $MinerIP
        res=$?
        if test "$res" = 0; then
                echo ""
                echo "Checkup Attempt #$loopcount: SUCCESS! cgminer-API @ $MinerIP has returned a valid connection signal" | systemd-cat
                break
        else
                echo "!!!!!FAILED!!!!! cgminer-API @ $MinerIP connection Failed" | systemd-cat
                if test "$loopcount" = "$RetryCount"; then
                        echo ""
                        echo "!!Shutting Down Miner $MinerIP!! Connection Retry Count Reached" | systemd-cat
                        echo ""
                        curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TPLINK_KASSA_TOKEN HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":0}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"

echo "Miner $MinerIP" >> /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log
                        date +'Power Cycled on Date : %d/%m/%Y Time : %H.%M.%S' >> /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log
                        echo "$(tail -n 50 /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log)" > /etc/systemd/system/TeamCheck.log

echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo "Miner $MinerIP ShutDown Signal Sent" | systemd-cat
                        echo "Discharging for $Shutdown Seconds" | systemd-cat
                        sleep $Shutdown
                        echo ""
                        curl --request POST "https://use1-wap.tplinkcloud.com/?token=YOUR_TPLINK_KASSA_TOKEN HTTP/1.1" --data '{"method":"passthrough", "params": {"deviceId": YOUR_DEVICE_ID, "requestData": "{\"system\":{\"set_relay_state\":{\"state\":1}}}" }}' --header "Content-Type: application/json"
                        echo ""
                        echo ""
                        echo "Miner $MinerIP Startup Signal Sent" | systemd-cat
                        echo ""

fi
        fi
        sleep $RetrySleep

let "loopcount++"
done

Hi. Is this a solution for miners going offline?

As I mentioned, it happens to me at least a few times per week. At most, once per day.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:12:09 PM

I use these smart plugs to remotely reboot rigs, these plugs are rated for 16A 240V. Newest firmware seems to reboot rigs automatically when free memory level goes to 0 kb.

https://www.amazon.com/Outlet-Compatible-Monitoring-Function-Required/dp/B079Q5W22B/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534176554&sr=8-3&keywords=Teckin+Mini+Smart+Socket

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
hempkat

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:53:46 PM

I use these smart plugs to remotely reboot rigs, these plugs are rated for 16A 240V. Newest firmware seems to reboot rigs automatically when free memory level goes to 0 kb.

https://www.amazon.com/Outlet-Compatible-Monitoring-Function-Required/dp/B079Q5W22B/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534176554&sr=8-3&keywords=Teckin+Mini+Smart+Socket

Interesting.

Do I understand you correctly that with the latest firmware, the miner automatically reboots if it goes to zero hash rate?
hempkat

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:15:59 PM

So, your a lowlife groupy? It was a social experiment. I was betting on not getting hacked and I was wrong. I also didn't think I'd get such a juvenile response. I have a bad habit of forgetting how many bad apples are out there. I wasn't so careless and lazy that I didn't have notifications setup to tell me my miner stopped hashing to the correct pool. They got maybe $2, mostly because I was curious and poked around a bit before fixing it. I dont feel like I got ripped off for $2. I feel like I paid $2 to do an experiment. You mind laughing and berating people cluelessly elsewhere?

Hi I figured out how to PM you.

I wrote asking if I can please pay you to help me resolve this issue. Thanks!
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:59:48 PM

Interesting.

Do I understand you correctly that with the latest firmware, the miner automatically reboots if it goes to zero hash rate?

Correct.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
hempkat

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:33:38 PM

Interesting.

Correct.

Thank you. I updated the firmware tonight.
daryushghost

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:19:12 PM

hi everybody

I decide to buy 1 unit of ASIC A9 Zmaster these days. you can find below our local situation:

hardware cost: $6500
electricity cost: 0.08 $/kWh
Delivery Time: 15 Days after placing order

please consider that I don't have huge farm, just want to use this device personally in my house with the mentioned information.

I talked today with a person that has an ASIC importer company. he told me that you will not reach any profit of any available ASICS. I'm confused at this moment. all of my calculation seems that it would be profitable. in the other hand, I cannot deny those speeches. would you please tell what will be true about this matter?

referring to my information, if I buy 1 unit of this ASIC, would it profitable or not?

many thanks in advance for your comments.
panningforcoin

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 03:29:57 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2018, 09:47:36 AM by panningforcoin

hi everybody

I decide to buy 1 unit of ASIC A9 Zmaster these days. you can find below our local situation:

hardware cost: $6500
electricity cost: 0.08 $/kWh
Delivery Time: 15 Days after placing order

please consider that I don't have huge farm, just want to use this device personally in my house with the mentioned information.

I talked today with a person that has an ASIC importer company. he told me that you will not reach any profit of any available ASICS. I'm confused at this moment. all of my calculation seems that it would be profitable. in the other hand, I cannot deny those speeches. would you please tell what will be true about this matter?

referring to my information, if I buy 1 unit of this ASIC, would it profitable or not?

many thanks in advance for your comments.

I wouldn't buy it brother.
Solsichu

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 03:09:09 PM

TeamCheck script finally got tested. and failed! I updated with a fix. Tested working!

One issue though. They went down at the same or close to the same time. Im not sure one had time to save the other. I may have a decentralization issue  Roll Eyes
Aw well. Ill leave them running. But I think I better run a check from my PC as well. I guess ill try and figure out the windows CURL command syntax issue or run from VM with a small linux, in case they do go down at the same time.

Hows it going with the new firmware guys? Fix the issue? Im gunna update after a nap. I need to redo all the script files if I do. so more than a couple of clicks and im tired.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: