Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:16:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't bite more than you can chew  (Read 10934 times)
laskybok (OP)

Activity: 315
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:46:11 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2018, 08:02:04 PM by laskybok
Merited by tk808 (1), Bonwin (1)

This is applicable to everyone in the crypto space, not to attempt to do more than they are capable of doing.
- For crypto traders, miners and investors, invest only what you can afford to loose. Do not invest all your money into crypto, believing that you will wake up one day to get a multiplier factor on your profit. It is either you have profit or loss.

- For bounty, participate in projects you can finish at a time. If you combine too many projects together, you might end up not getting anything reasonable from all the projects. I wonder some times when i see spreadsheets where some have 0 stake almost all through.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:52:58 PM

This is applicable to everyone in the crypto space, not to attempt to do more than they are capable of doing.
- For crypto traders, miners and investors, invest only what you can afford to loose. Do not invest all your money into crypto, believing that you will wake up one day to get a multiplier factor on your profit. It is either you have profit or loss.

- For bounty, participate in projects you can finish at a time. If you combine too many projects together, you might end up not getting anything reasonable from all the projects. I wonder some times when i see spreadsheets where some have 0 stake almost all through.

That sounds like reasonable advice, but the title saying 'do' rather than 'do not' suggests the opposite.

If someone invested all of their money in crypto that would be something like an issue with gambling.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:29:39 PM

The fact that people want to earn more money, this is not surprising. If they take jobs more than they can afford to finish, they can always adjust their workload, I do not see anything wrong with that. Everyone has his own problems and his life circumstances. Of course, a large amount of work should not be at the expense of its quality. If the quality of messages remains good, then this is permissible.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:35:31 PM

In short do not be greedy because greed can make you down along the road. Set your goal always and try to work on that little by little. Cryptocurrency is a great market for you because of its higher rewards but higher risk so if you don't know how to done this thing properly ask for some help and don't make decision easily.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:16:36 PM

So, judging from your post I guess you should change the title to: "Don't bite more than you can chew". Other than that, your tips sound reasonable. I personally tend to follow both lines, to invest a little bit, and to try to earn a little bit in bounties, if nothing else, than just for fun.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:18:41 PM

The fact that people want to earn more money, this is not surprising. If they take jobs more than they can afford to finish, they can always adjust their workload, I do not see anything wrong with that. Everyone has his own problems and his life circumstances. Of course, a large amount of work should not be at the expense of its quality. If the quality of messages remains good, then this is permissible.
I often see couple of people here, who after applying and accepted to participate in a bounty campaign, but never got to perform their tasks. That must be a clear case of biting more than they can afford to chew, because obviously they need the money, but they lack the time!
success65

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:17:45 AM

I agree that you can not invest all that is ! need is the amount which will not affect your destiny . It's stupid to put everything on the line . But unfortunately there are such people ( Until you learn how to manage their own funds you will not be rich
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:33:37 AM

I've actually invested as much as I could afford to lose when looking back but then you need some money, if you really have very little money, your profit then will be little.
Fedoracoins

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

You have a very good opinion. At first, I took almost everything that is connected with the cryptocurrency into work but now I understand it is better to choose several strong projects. Strong projects will definitely reach the end and you will make a profit. And if you take on everything you can spend your time in the empty.
pidobir

Activity: 446
Merit: 100

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

I don't agree. I mine altcoins and the more rigs you have the more money you get. Although it is not necessary to buy the equipment at the last money.

Coingram

Activity: 295

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:50:41 AM

Yes thats right, if you carry out too much your final results will be disappointing, escpecially in bounty programs, when people performing too much projects at one time
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:10:17 AM

There were people who sold their house to invest in bitcoin like the one family in netherland, or sold their car to invest in altcoins just like someone in telegram group of which I am also a member. They are prepared to lose their investment. In my case I have invest my extra money aside from my emergency fund. Also for my extra time, I have joined a few bounties.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:30:44 AM

I've actually invested as much as I could afford to lose when looking back but then you need some money, if you really have very little money, your profit then will be little.
Yes, if you have little money, it would be little in the short term but not in the long term. If you are putting in anything due to the volatility of the market, you should never be greedy about it as that is actually what has made a lot of people to invest what they could not afford to lose and makes them get emotional as they see the market going down.

Sometimes, it also makes a lot of sense when you even have the knowledge of what you are doing, to be able to at least guide you in making good and quality investment or trading decisions.
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:58:36 AM

When I invest money, I always mentally say goodbye to them, I will not be sorry if I lose them, this is my important rule.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Shushale65

Activity: 116

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:25:42 PM

On the one hand this is the right advice, but if you look at it from the other side, then you can understand that without exceeding the limits of your possible person, it will not develop. Therefore, the main thing is to have a sense of proportion and be able to find in all the golden mean.
quang99

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:32:20 PM

There were people who sold their house to invest in bitcoin like the one family in netherland, or sold their car to invest in altcoins just like someone in telegram group of which I am also a member. They are prepared to lose their investment. In my case I have invest my extra money aside from my emergency fund. Also for my extra time, I have joined a few bounties.
You don't  need to invest more than you can afford. In crypto there are risks to lose everything and everyone should understand and become aware of this before selling the house or investing all their money.

actimelfortelun

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:36:08 PM

I always count on my savings. And if I can afford to invest ,I do not expect to return.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:44:31 PM

I agree as investors we should know the boundary and the limit that we can lose. Its true crypto is good place to invest your money and i think if you do have a good amount of money it would be good for you to invest for long term. In 3-4 years we would see the true potential of cryptocurrency. Be wise and dont be greedy, many people are blindfold and invest all of their money in here in hope they will getting rich in one night and i think it used to end up pretty bad.

KurtEldon

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:36:46 PM

It is true. Better not to bite more than we can chew. This is the reason I have invested in the coins I believe are assured to rise and these are stellar, ripple and paragon. These coins have some excellent projects.
MortonAlden

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:52:44 PM

Absolutely agree to what you said. Tau, kmd and powr are coins that are going to be listed on new exchanges and they shall be very profitable by the end of this year. Everyone will regret not having these.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: