Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:04:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 199 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIMEcoin  (Read 315179 times)
QEX

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:28:08 AM

https://qex.la/img/promo1.png

DimeCoin on exchange! Let's trade it!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_dime

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:20:13 PM

I have noticed that dimecoin.co does not have a link to a 1.5.0 wallet, only 1.4.0 Sad

The site has also been updated since that post on this thread about the new wallet. Would be nice to have the dev clear this up.

What's the deal? No links have been changed,

Unless you can find one that is stuffed away somewhere other than the Downloads page and Homepage.

Why would you say they have? I'm intrigued.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PcV0VTpQ!wcGBG3TVfQld8e_jtHDcCmCqoYeoJcs_7oHdztbrBfw

Edit

Okay, I see where you mean. The Downloads page is linked to 1.5 when you press the big Windows icon, and 1.4 if you press the text underneath. This is "clerical error". I'll change it now (and leave the link to 1.4 for anyone that wishes to use it).

I thought you were trying to mess with me, so apologies if I sounded harsh above.

It's all good, I was just confused.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:05:08 PM

I have noticed that dimecoin.co does not have a link to a 1.5.0 wallet, only 1.4.0 Sad

The site has also been updated since that post on this thread about the new wallet. Would be nice to have the dev clear this up.

Unless you can find one that is stuffed away somewhere other than the Downloads page and Homepage.

Edit

Okay, I see where you mean. The Downloads page is linked to 1.5 when you press the big Windows icon, and 1.4 if you press the text underneath. This is "clerical error". I'll change it now (and leave the link to 1.4 for anyone that wishes to use it).

I thought you were trying to mess with me, so apologies if I sounded harsh above.

I removed it totally from the Windows, and uploaded a version to Sourceforge in addition to the MEGA-NZ link. So 2 choices! :-)

Sourceforge seems to be getting quite popular.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
old fart

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Bitcoin is the future

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:08:39 PM

I like sourceforge except for the adverts they started allowing in a few places.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 01:23:47 PM

Edit

I removed it totally from the Windows, and uploaded a version to Sourceforge in addition to the MEGA-NZ link. So 2 choices! :-)

So are the VirusTotal flags.

Mega dl : Detection ratio: 6 / 54
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b17ef8c382263abf5b069088528ed57adfb01818573bf02bd41acdd62e471a93/analysis/1402837897/

Please upload this to Skydrive or Googledrive ..

mr_dime

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:32:59 PM

Edit

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b17ef8c382263abf5b069088528ed57adfb01818573bf02bd41acdd62e471a93/analysis/1402837897/

How is it getting worse? This is what killed mooncoin. There needs to be a definitive explanation of this, false positives? What? I have a lot of money tied up in dime right now so this issue is important to me.
mr_dime

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:10:51 PM

Grin
I see the Linux wallet is availible for download now. Nice! I will try to install it on my distro (OpenSUSE) and see how it works.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 08:51:14 PM

Edit

How is it getting worse? This is what killed mooncoin. There needs to be a definitive explanation of this, false positives? What? I have a lot of money tied up in dime right now so this issue is important to me.

VTotal must be re-evaluating the files and sites. Here is proof that it goes both ways as Hirocoin is now showing zero flags.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/c0226e18921f01f4f755047cf9626b972cc1b0e304b8aa7977fd25c9c49ad336/analysis/1402852757/

rikkejohn

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:06:02 AM

I'll ask the developer about the flags, see what he says. He has an excellent reputation. Maybe the IRC seems to annoy some of them.

@Mr Dime ... I made the Linux, and I am utterly useless with code. I hope it works for you. I get about 35 connections using the QT from 1.4. I wasn't sure if I needed to add a conf file or anything else., so I didn't.

I tested it on another computer and it connected fine after about 30 seconds. I guess it found peers.

use

addnode dime.altcointech.net add (or onetry) if it appears slow

NB: Dimecoin was previously unable to find peers, which is why the IRC was added. It had numerous problems with connections. These have since disappeared since the upgrade.

@Mr Dime (part 2) ... If you are clued up on development, why not get involved in some way with technical issues? I think people are under the impression that there is a developer here. This is not the case. The changes to 1.4 and the introduction of the blockexplorer were paid for with hard currency by me and another user here. I am personally funding the blockexplorer at 25 bucks a month and the website. Dimelord funded the Android wallet soon to be introduced.

Dimecoin is on the cusp of success, but it will get there much faster if people to join in and take a lead to push it forward.

If you are a stakeholder, and hold relevant skills. you are entitled to get involved in development.

mr_dime

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:31:39 AM

@Mr Dime (part 2) ... If you are clued up on development, why not get involved in some way with technical issues? I think people are under the impression that there is a developer here. This is not the case. The changes to 1.4 and the introduction of the blockexplorer were paid for with hard currency by me and another user here. I am personally funding the blockexplorer at 25 bucks a month and the website. Dimelord funded the Android wallet soon to be introduced.

I'm game. I'm going to have a bit of a learning curve to climb, I haven't worked with crypto-currency code before. What IDE was used to compile the project? It would be nice to have a build already set up with the project files configured and stuff, I'm so bad at making it work directly from source code, unless it is very simple, wich wallet apps are not....
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:26:19 AM

Hey guys. We all need to give rikkejohn some love here. He has done a lot of work to get this coin where it is. Together, DIME the community crypto will explode in popularity and value.  Smiley

I will be downloading the Android SDK and Maven to compile the android wallet. And did you guys know that it costs only $25 to be a google play app developer? It costs like $400 to do the

same jobs for the Apple app store...
Dimelord

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:30:24 AM

I'm game. I'm going to have a bit of a learning curve to climb, I haven't worked with crypto-currency code before. What IDE was used to compile the project? It would be nice to have a build already set up with the project files configured and stuff, I'm so bad at making it work directly from source code, unless it is very simple, wich wallet apps are not....
If you are using linux, it is very simple. Pop open the terminal, and go to the directory with the master source file from github. Enter qmake, and then make. You need all the usual dependencies to make this work. Also need qt4. qt5 will not compile as the syntax for certain lines of code are different. (I tried to compile in the qt5 program.) Anyways, it should build you an executable that can be found by searching for dimecoin in your main file system.
rikkejohn

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:53:37 PM

I'm game. I'm going to have a bit of a learning curve to climb, I haven't worked with crypto-currency code before. What IDE was used to compile the project? It would be nice to have a build already set up with the project files configured and stuff, I'm so bad at making it work directly from source code, unless it is very simple, which wallet apps are not....

I have no clue about IDEs? I'm really very dense with computers when it involves coding. Dimelord is the one to ask technical questions.

Anyway, here is the response I got from the the developer:

"Can't say for sure, been dealing with false positives forever. Pretty sure the coins that have a built-in miner are getting flagged, since some malware that mines bitcoin has been making the rounds recently and what not."

So no further on, but it appears the more you test the same app, the angrier the system gets.

Re: Wallet apps, if you know how to use use simple commands on a terminal, and have experience elsewhere, I would think they are one off the easiest  apps to make. Everything, with the odd exception, is bitcoin with add-ons or add-offs.

The thing to watch out for, as Dimelord points out, is mixing your QT4 and 5 up. That really screws things up, as I have found to my peril (a database issue).

@dimelord - I found another command:

qmake-qt4
make

which is supposed to override 5 if you have it glued to your system.

rikkejohn

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:55:49 PM

1.5  Linux up on my sourceforge account.

It will synch without a dimecoin.conf file (read instructions about kickstarting it if it fails to synch after a minute or two)

If you want a conf file with nodes, and a few more connections, I'll update the one currently on dimecoin.co soonish. A lot of the nodes haven't been seen for a while, so they are just taking up space and time and effort in the debug. But just the straight qt alone will get you 8 connections. Adding a conf with server takes me up to about 40.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dimecoinlinux15/

mr_dime

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:36:33 AM

It will synch without a dimecoin.conf file (read instructions about kickstarting it if it fails to synch after a minute or two)

If you want a conf file with nodes, and a few more connections, I'll update the one currently on dimecoin.co soonish. A lot of the nodes haven't been seen for a while, so they are just taking up space and time and effort in the debug. But just the straight qt alone will get you 8 connections. Adding a conf with server takes me up to about 40.

Nice! Sorry I haven't got around to installing it yet, I have been working on a web page a friend of mine wants.

I'm getting my hands dirty in PHP so I should be able to start building some dime games soon. I looked into free gambling PHP scripts but I couldn't find much. Some people were selling them for... a lot, like 1000s of dollars usd. Would probably be better to start from the ground up.
rikkejohn

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:54:52 PM

Nice! Sorry I haven't got around to installing it yet, I have been working on a web page a friend of mine wants.

I'm getting my hands dirty in PHP so I should be able to start building some dime games soon. I looked into free gambling PHP scripts but I couldn't find much. Some people were selling them for... a lot, like 1000s of dollars usd. Would probably be better to start from the ground up.

Thanks, Mr Dime, it's much appreciated.

Re: Selling games, there was a guy on this forum selling an open source Ponzi! He got rumbled quickly. :-)

Dimelord

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:24:54 AM

I wish you luck on the project. It could help DIME a lot Smiley
mr_dime

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:01:36 PM

Are you aware that the dimecoin information page links to the old bitcointalk thread?

https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/156

Huh
Dimelord

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:56:01 PM

Are you aware that the dimecoin information page links to the old bitcointalk thread?

Huh
I was not... I will contact them.
mr_dime

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:17:11 PM

Huh
I was not... I will contact them.

Any luck? I can't believe how much the price has tanked on dimecoin. It's really aggravating. From 1 satoshi to 1 litoshi? Is this coin going to go somewhere? I put a lot of money and effort into this coin for it to turn into a bag I'm holding. Why isn't anyone talking on this forum, did you all jump ship leaving me holding the chips?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 199 »
  Print  

Jump to: