Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:12:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 199 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIMEcoin  (Read 315188 times)
dimecoinfan

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:39:16 PM

I can give it a shot if nobody else is planning to update the wallet.

Only 677 files are new/changed comparing it to the newest version of quark, so it might take me a while...  I'm not familiar with the code, or what parts are specific to dime, so I'd have to go through all the changes line by line.  

Any suggestions?

You don't even have to follow Quark.

Checkpoints definitely, some people say they don't matter, but they do as long as the exchanges update daemons. Some embedded nodes would help. So somebody needs to pay something. You have the blockexplorer to use as a node, but about 4 is better. Then you don't even need the conf to be used for connections. The IRC seems to work after a wait (I think)

You still fight the 550,000 blocks which makes a heavy wallet. But simple updates like this make a difference.

If you are very good and willing to spend time, then I would update to Bitcoin 0.9.2, and you get a better range of rpc calls as well.

Good luck

(PS The splash screen is like huge, it needs halving in size)
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dimecoinfan

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:46:28 PM

actually, you might get lucky with the nodes. Do a getpeerinfo and see if any of the listed nodes from the old conf are still peers. Then use their nodes in the source.
dimecoinfan

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 01:22:22 PM

Only 677 files are new/changed comparing it to the newest version of quark, so it might take me a while...  I'm not familiar with the code, or what parts are specific to dime, so I'd have to go through all the changes line by line. 

Any suggestions?

There is no body to change or edit first post of this thread.

Hmm... If you want to make & compile new version of wallet, just copy latest quarkcoin wallet source (but it maybe newest any other quark copy coin), and just change SUBSIDY function + ADDRESS version.

Ports? Are they in ADDRESS version?

I'm not an expert.

He needs to remember to search and replace quarkcoin and QRK with dimecoin and dime if he does what you say (which is probably the best thing to do).

Why not do it yourself if you know how to do it? It would be the best solution if you have the time, then stamp your name on it as developer, seeing as you appear to be providing a free explorer anyway.
lulupon

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 05:47:14 PM

Only 677 files are new/changed comparing it to the newest version of quark, so it might take me a while...  I'm not familiar with the code, or what parts are specific to dime, so I'd have to go through all the changes line by line. 

Any suggestions?

Hmm... If you want to make & compile new version of wallet, just copy latest quarkcoin wallet source (but it maybe newest any other quark copy coin), and just change SUBSIDY function + ADDRESS version.

I'm not an expert.

He needs to remember to search and replace quarkcoin and QRK with dimecoin and dime if he does what you say (which is probably the best thing to do).

Why not do it yourself if you know how to do it? It would be the best solution if you have the time, then stamp your name on it as developer, seeing as you appear to be providing a free explorer anyway.

Because, I'm not an expert of Qt programs. (my major is web programming, sorry)
But, I can support and advise to dev team. However, in this thread, there is no dev team.

If they (dev team) want to improve their coin, please show me more aggressive activity. Then, I can support more than block explorer.
Thanks.

BTC Address :
1ASUDTboPQsG9t2DE3Y29jnDSEgwybFc32
JimHendrix

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 10:42:02 PM

There is no "dev team" as far as I know. But if you'd like, we can create one. I'm interested in this coin, and I wouldn't mind helping it grow.

Any suggestions?

I'm not an expert.

But, I can support and advise to dev team. However, in this thread, there is no dev team.

If they (dev team) want to improve their coin, please show me more aggressive activity. Then, I can support more than block explorer.
Thanks.

Credits CRD 1st Coin w/Decentralized Exch,Anon,Etc
dimecoinfan

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:49:56 AM

Any suggestions?

I'm not an expert.

Thanks.

I wouldn't hold your breath, you've given what they wanted, a block explorer. Why a developer could not make or was unwilling to pay for one says a lot.

It's very sad, because dimecoin is a bit retro. It could do okay if someone generous that liked a challenge picked it up.

But maybe it's too late, developing is not easy, and the coin seems at the end of its life with no development since day 1. I say that with a heavy heart, as I was fooled by the idiot promising games and android wallets. "I can do it".

lulupon

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:56:34 PM

Quark coin has a new file, src/chainparams.cpp...

It contains a list of seeds:
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed1.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed2.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed3.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.qrk.cc", "seed1.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.qrk.cc", "seed2.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.qrk.cc", "seed3.qrk.cc"));

Is there a list for dimecoin that I can copy?  I don't see an equivalent file anywhere in the dimecoin github repo

I suggest another way of easy to sync wallet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15560437/peers.dat

Please copy this "peers.dat" file to "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Dimecoin" folder.
It makes easy to get peer of dimecoin wallet node.

Thanks.

BTC Address :
zl0x

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:10:10 PM

@lulupon thank you for Dime on your pool, i'm on it now!
As i see your pool is well done and give importants infos about mining, payouts, stats, lost share and more, and i can see a block explorer, magic !
SPB667

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:38:49 PM

lulupon, could you set changing pool diff only when new block was found? because i have a lot of (10%) rejected shares.
lulupon

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:46:15 PM

lulupon, could you set changing pool diff only when new block was found? because i have a lot of (10%) rejected shares.

If you have high rejected shared, please add "+0.001" after wallet address. It provides fixed difficulty to your miner. (You can put other values also.)

Example : minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool.lulupon.net:54093 -u 7NSHRu6sEAekCxZofeifL3KTuNkk1Fo15C+0.001 -p x

BTC Address :
lulupon

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:45:38 PM

Quark coin has a new file, src/chainparams.cpp...

It contains a list of seeds:
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed1.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed2.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.quarkfoundation.cc", "seed3.quarkfoundation.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed1.qrk.cc", "seed1.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed2.qrk.cc", "seed2.qrk.cc"));
        vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("seed3.qrk.cc", "seed3.qrk.cc"));

Is there a list for dimecoin that I can copy?  I don't see an equivalent file anywhere in the dimecoin github repo

I suggest another way of easy to sync wallet.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15560437/peers.dat

Please copy this "peers.dat" file to "C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Dimecoin" folder.
It makes easy to get peer of dimecoin wallet node.

Thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I'm working on merging the 800+ files from quark 0.9.2.1 with dimecoin github.  I don't see where peers.dat fits into this scenario.

I think I have the majority of the changes merged, but I still need a list of nodes or seeds or whatever that list is.

Are you saying to copy that peers.dat file after compiling?

edit: FWIW, I found the equivalent to this seed list in the current dimecoin wallet:

Code:
static const char *strMainNetDNSSeed[][2] = {
    {NULL, NULL}
};

Looks like there never was a dedicated seed set up for dimecoin. 
Does anyone have a url (or multiple) I can add to this section?

Nice works!!

And... peers.dat file is needed for compiled wallet.

I can provide node! Please use dime.lulupon.net or pool.lulupon.net (211.116.203.9).

Thanks.

BTC Address :
zl0x

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:13:25 PM

I have to admit that i have a lot of rejected shares too, around 8%, and i don't know how but my miner said that stratum lost 3032 shares because of lost connection and "Pool - 0" something like that, after, he was waiting work from the pool, i can't remember exactly :s (edit: note that my connection was up with no packet loss or other)
After, i switched to dime.ext-pool with under 1% of rejected shares, i mean that maybe there is a little problem on your side @lulupon ?
I will give another try on your pool soon I promise Wink
lulupon

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:27:36 PM

I have to admit that i have a lot of rejected shares too, around 8%, and i don't know how but my miner said that stratum lost 3032 shares because of lost connection and "Pool - 0" something like that, after, he was waiting work from the pool, i can't remember exactly :s (edit: note that my connection was up with no packet loss or other)
After, i switched to dime.ext-pool with under 1% of rejected shares, i mean that maybe there is a little problem on your side @lulupon ?

My server had been full loaded because of some compile works.
(It cause stratum lose...  Angry )
I'm so sorry for your inconvenience. Now, stratum server is all OK.

But. P2pool lost rate is highly related on network connection. (Location or ISP)
Check your ping to my pool and ext-pool.

You can select pools that have lower TTL. Thanks a lot!

BTC Address :
RazvanO

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:36:20 PM

Vote for DIMEcoin on Cryptoine exchange: https://cryptoine.com/voting#DIME

Cryptoine have Private Trading API opened!
zl0x

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:13:58 PM

My server had been full loaded because of some compile works.
(It cause stratum lose...  Angry )
I'm so sorry for your inconvenience. Now, stratum server is all OK.

But. P2pool lost rate is highly related on network connection. (Location or ISP)
Check your ping to my pool and ext-pool.

You can select pools that have lower TTL. Thanks a lot!

no problem, thanks for your answer  Smiley
lulupon

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:45:40 AM

I'm having trouble compiling the wallet code.  I can't seem to get all the dependencies installed properly.

Anyone have experience with that?

Which version of linux are you using??

BTC Address :
zl0x

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:54:21 PM

As i understood, next version will autorise "large transaction amount" ?
It will be great :p
Anyway thks for your works Smiley
dimecoinfan

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:47:32 AM

If anyone wants to try compiling Dimecoin v1.6, I added my code merge to a new fork:

https://github.com/Melech/dimecoin

Instructions are in /docs/build-[os].md

Brilliant, so you do in a day what that guy ahab promised to do tomorrow for six months.

Well done.

Ahab_the_great

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 05:36:32 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 06:36:52 PM by Ahab_the_great

If anyone wants to try compiling Dimecoin v1.6, I added my code merge to a new fork:

https://github.com/Melech/dimecoin

Instructions are in /docs/build-[os].md

Brilliant, so you do in a day what that guy ahab promised to do tomorrow for six months.

Well done.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

lmaooooo 6 months?? this is going on my third month i have been checking the daily fud every day you guys are too cute lol anyways linux and windows is complete i will release it when mac is finally done i have removed the capacity limit. then we will make the upgrades.
multipool is done
android wallet is almost done looks like we may have two different versions but don't quote me though i know you fudders will lol  Kiss
we the dev team as a whole will like to thank those who actually donated btc ltc and of course dime please don't let these scam artist blind you with there bitching and moaning my skin is thick but i got an email asking did i scam a fellow brother in the community that is the only reason why i write on this forum today. Brother the obstacles are many prepare for hardship for what we do today will not only be for the short term. to you greedy bag holders like dimecoinfan we know who you are and we hope your shitty scam coins actually do something in the future to you lulu we thank you for the explorer we accept that as an apology for creating the first fud since i took over if you ever want to take it down you can it is up to you regardless a new one will be implemented. Now to address the block explorer situation Dimelord was in charge of paying robert to continue hosting the site but i have not spoken to noah in a while from one of our last conversation he told me that he would be taking a  break from all of this to focus on school i suppose he he meant he would no longer support us in that fashion no longer which he is not obligated to do.
to all new the speculators you will get use to the fud if you look up the names of these profiles you will see that this guys were the same ones apart of the earlier dime coin scams and made their money and now are crawling back for more. by any means if the real community feels there is someone more suitable for the job i will gladly step down for either way we are reaching the same goals building a great coin don't let the impatience greedy trolls warp your mind notice i  don't even tweet anymore because i am actually working this is what happens when you are the dev and are actually working when i was just handling public relations i would communicate with whoever but now i am making sure this coin lives i convinced bittrex to give us a chance though it was early to switch to the btc market I did not want to lose an exchange and if we do in the end trust there will be others once they see something happening. we won't leave this coin till the job is done though some people here rather we leave. These guys have multiple profiles by the way just throwing it out there  i wanted to wait till we do a thunder clap to promote all of our releases but i will do something different now and drop everything as they come god bless you can  direct message me for any questions and to all you mutha fuders we see all and know all don't bother contacting me to settle our difference shouldn't let your emotions get the best of you  but please keep the fud coming we do love it lol  Kiss Kiss Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked Kiss
Ahab_the_great

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:24:32 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 07:57:10 PM by Ahab_the_great

...linux and windows is complete i will release it when mac is finally done...

So... I decided to upgrade the dimecoin wallet myself because nobody has touched it in 6 months.

Where is your code at?  I can't find it in the dimecoin github repo, or any fork of the repo.

If you already have this code ready and compiled... Where is it?  What am I doing here?

What code did you use?  I'm in the process of upgrading the wallet to 0.9.2.1.  What version are you using?

Last question:  What do you mean linux wallet is complete, but mac is not?  Don't both those OS use the same wallet?

Where is your code at?  

i have not posted it but here you go
Kindly download the dimecoin compiled version from here
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=627790A61C6C8306!194&authkey=!AOUvY3swDlpmA2M&ithint=file%2czip

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=627790A61C6C8306!193&authkey=!ABmObxH0QAnxW8c&ithint=file%2czip

What am I doing here?
beats me i don't even know you ask god?

What code did you use?  I'm in the process of upgrading the wallet to 0.9.2.1.  What version are you using?
 i am still 2 versions behind i just removed the capacity the next move was updating but by all means go ahead

Last question:  What do you mean linux wallet is complete, but mac is not?  Don't both those OS use the same wallet?

i keep getting this lib error been stuck for 2 days but I'm still working on it

by all means who ever nyou are take a crack at it I'm not here for glory or praise i made a promise to  a friend to not leave this coin till the job is done if you want to do it then yea go ahead i was also planning on putting a bit mixer  like feature into the wallet but if you want to do the update then please this is not a race people get the misunderstanding and assume i have plenty of dime i probably have the least I'm not focusing on the trading aspecting just the technology it self so what ever anyone feels they can donate besides money such as there skills then please go ahead i really do not care  Wink i have nearly 10 projects catering to no one because i feel there is no community here yet just the same names saying the same stuff so do what your heart tells you

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 199 »
  Print  

Jump to: