Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:54:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RIC] Riecoin: constellations POW *CPU* HARD FORK successful, world record  (Read 684940 times)
PttnMe

Activity: 113
Merit: 51

Riecoin developer

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 08:45:37 PM

Ok, now I can login, then I click on the RIC market (or anything else), and am redirected to the Login page (without being actually logged out)...
But I can click on the Dashboard and Exchange links in the left menu without issue.
I cannot deposit anything (clicking on the blue circled + does nothing), but I can get the withdraw popup.
Plus many links not working.

Riecoin - Mine prime constellations, not hashes, not memes!
Stelo.xyz pool operator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xpoolx

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:06:10 PM

Ok, now I can login, then I click on the RIC market (or anything else), and am redirected to the Login page (without being actually logged out)...
But I can click on the Dashboard and Exchange links in the left menu without issue.
I cannot deposit anything (clicking on the blue circled + does nothing), but I can get the withdraw popup.
Plus many links not working.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Can you tell me the browser are you using? are you using tor? maybe some things are not working on tor.
PttnMe

Riecoin developer

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 09:23:28 PM

Can you tell me the browser are you using? are you using tor? maybe some things are not working on tor.

I am using Firefox (non ESR) on Debian 9.

Stelo.xyz pool operator
ders_a

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 09:59:21 PM

I dont know guys, but of you believe and if there is real develpment, not only wallet reassembly, then maybe there is really need to come to some exchange that do nto ask big funding fee but operates ok. even something like moondex, where listing fee is not big and community is ok. If all work is only "how to survive" then sure, no needs for that

or zappie works quite ok?

Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 07:50:55 AM

Just logged in from Firefox, havent seen anything unusual.

Deposit Addresses generated normally. Keep up the good work !!

EDIT: when you click on a market it goes back to the login screen

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
PttnMe

Riecoin developer

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 01:38:03 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2018, 06:13:09 PM by PttnMe

IGJ, what is going on with your website/forum?

The connection has timed out

The server at forum.riecoin-community.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Edit: it is back!

Stelo.xyz pool operator
IGJ

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 12:18:23 PM

Sorry for the down time.

Last week I was changing equipment in our data center, and there was down time for few servers. My fouls at all, now everything should be ok.
PttnMe

Riecoin developer

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 07:50:51 AM

Whole Crypto market is crashing... Panic selling started again. Hope that they will be stupid enough to fill some of my buy orders at price of a few Satoshis.
Actually, I almost want that they sell once for all every Riecoin in their possession. At the price of a few Satoshis, it will be easier to get rid of them.

The very bad news is that Poloniex is still owning 8.5 millions of Riecoins.
Cryptapus, can't you block RJgv96Q2Qqs91PttwYkgUthgREh669mXqc and all other Poloniex addresses from using your faucet? It is disgusting to see free coins sent to the Poloniex wallet.

In the other hand, I invite people to try the XpoolX new exchange, XequineX. It is not finished, some features are not available right now, but many bugs were fixed and it seems to be already usable. Of course, for now, only use small amounts that you can afford to lose. Help xpoolx by reporting problems and giving him suggestions! You can use the Cryptapus faucet to test deposits and trading without risk!

Stelo.xyz pool operator
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 02:53:29 PM

Cryptapus, can't you block RJgv96Q2Qqs91PttwYkgUthgREh669mXqc and all other Poloniex addresses from using your faucet? It is disgusting to see free coins sent to the Poloniex wallet.

I think fairglu freely admits that the address tagging feature of chainz cannot be trusted. I suspect it's not Polo but one of it's ex users. I don't think it would be wise to start banning addresses as a policy.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
guytp

Activity: 62
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:52:05 PM

And guytp: Last Active: October 16, 2018, 08:17:42 AM
Any plans to expand Zapple, make it grow and do advertising? Or can we expect that guytp will also disappear and Zapple be abandoned?
It was a good move, but since then there were not anything new.

I know we've discussed this on e-mail but I wanted to share my response here so that others are aware I haven't disapepared - just not a regular BTCT user.

We’re in the process of a private equity funding round to support our financial services licensing.  We’re currently in the process of obtaining licenses to offer full banking facilities to Zapple customers.  This means that early next year (Q1/Q2) we’ll be able to issue each customer with bank accounts and debit cards tied to them.  Shortly after (late 2019) we’ll have the debit cards tied directly to floating crypto balance so you won’t even need to cash-out in order to spend your crypto.  That means crypto can be spent at anywhere that accepts Mastercard and withdrawn from any ATM as cash.  Our push for customers and volume has always been due to come inline with this.  We’re also in the process of a partnership with another company that will drive volume to the platform – again we’re looking at this coming online around Q1 time.

I’ve attached a copy of our pitch deck and prospectus that give more information about our future plans.

Everything I’ve said in this e-mail you are welcome to share if you want to with others – and I hope this gives an indication of where we’re moving at the moment.
PttnMe

Riecoin developer

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 01:11:31 PM

With gatra becoming a ghost and no trace from past developers, this project is becoming chaotic and stagnating. In order to advance, we need to be well organized, and to find and choose active and consistent people supporting the project.

So, I propose that we compose a new Riecoin team. Here is a suggestion of some important roles to assume:

• Leader(s): this role will simply replace gatra. Someone taking this responsibility will ensure that Riecoin goes in a good direction, that all other team member are doing well, and will take important decisions, like making Riecoin Core official or deciding if a fork should happen. These persons will represent Riecoin and for example be in charge of contacting exchanges for listing Riecoin. Also, they decide who are part of the team;
  • Developers: we need people for maintaining Riecoin Core, rieMiner and any other important Riecoin software. There should be more than one developer working on Riecoin Core, and they should be able to catch up important Bitcoin Core updates quickly. Everyone here has to ensure that the code never becomes outdated. Motivated pool owners are also welcome to be part of the team;
  • Community Manager(s): for advertising Riecoin and spread its use. Someone assuming this role should be continuously searching for new communities to reach and be active in the Riecoin related forums (answer to questions, reply to people asking why Riecoin is a good altcoin,...).

We also need a new official website, and at least one person of the Community Managers has to maintain it. The website would contain explanations, links to important websites (community, exchanges,...) and softwares, official downloads, a news section, etc. We have riecoin-community.com, though I am not sure if IGJ is willing to create and maintain a new official website.

Also discuss/debate about this idea in this topic. I hope that there will be motivated people willing to be a lot active for Riecoin.

Also, I remind this clo1 post:

The softforks haven't been tested yet but I don't expect any problems here. The older BIPS are coded to become active at a specific block. I have currently set them to become active at block 1000000 but this can be changed to a block that will be reached shortly after the code is released. Once this block is reached any block mined with an old miner (using an old block version number) will be rejected even if the block is otherwise perfectly valid.

The newer BIPS become active if a super-majority of blocks are mined using a miner indicating support. I believe it is 95% within a 288 block window. This must occur within a specific time window which we will need to set before releasing code.

For people currently using 0.16.3, we need to agree about these softforks or change the 1000000 value for a later decision. There is less than 5000 blocks remaining!

Stelo.xyz pool operator
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 03:17:53 PM

I think fairglu freely admits that the address tagging feature of chainz cannot be trusted. I suspect it's not Polo but one of it's ex users. I don't think it would be wise to start banning addresses as a policy.

What cannot be trusted is the guesstimated amount, which is always an underestimation (as it only sees "tainted" addresses of a wallet), but what's there is there (unless the polo private keys got leaked/hacked).

Even if Poloniex wallet is offline, it's still quite possible bots forgotten by their owner are still sending funds to those address. Those funds can only be recovered by whoever has the poloniex private keys...

cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 04:56:25 PM

What cannot be trusted is the guesstimated amount, which is always an underestimation (as it only sees "tainted" addresses of a wallet), but what's there is there (unless the polo private keys got leaked/hacked).

Even if Poloniex wallet is offline, it's still quite possible bots forgotten by their owner are still sending funds to those address. Those funds can only be recovered by whoever has the poloniex private keys...

Ah... so perhaps my captcha is not robust or someone just hasn't noticed yet. Thanks for your input.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
clo1

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:32:53 PM

With gatra becoming a ghost and no trace from past developers, this project is becoming chaotic and stagnating. In order to advance, we need to be well organized, and to find and choose active and consistent people supporting the project.

So, I propose that we compose a new Riecoin team. Here is a suggestion of some important roles to assume:

• Leader(s): this role will simply replace gatra. Someone taking this responsibility will ensure that Riecoin goes in a good direction, that all other team member are doing well, and will take important decisions, like making Riecoin Core official or deciding if a fork should happen. These persons will represent Riecoin and for example be in charge of contacting exchanges for listing Riecoin. Also, they decide who are part of the team;
  • Developers: we need people for maintaining Riecoin Core, rieMiner and any other important Riecoin software. There should be more than one developer working on Riecoin Core, and they should be able to catch up important Bitcoin Core updates quickly. Everyone here has to ensure that the code never becomes outdated. Motivated pool owners are also welcome to be part of the team;
  • Community Manager(s): for advertising Riecoin and spread its use. Someone assuming this role should be continuously searching for new communities to reach and be active in the Riecoin related forums (answer to questions, reply to people asking why Riecoin is a good altcoin,...).

We also need a new official website, and at least one person of the Community Managers has to maintain it. The website would contain explanations, links to important websites (community, exchanges,...) and softwares, official downloads, a news section, etc. We have riecoin-community.com, though I am not sure if IGJ is willing to create and maintain a new official website.

Also discuss/debate about this idea in this topic. I hope that there will be motivated people willing to be a lot active for Riecoin.

Also, I remind this clo1 post:

The softforks haven't been tested yet but I don't expect any problems here. The older BIPS are coded to become active at a specific block. I have currently set them to become active at block 1000000 but this can be changed to a block that will be reached shortly after the code is released. Once this block is reached any block mined with an old miner (using an old block version number) will be rejected even if the block is otherwise perfectly valid.

The newer BIPS become active if a super-majority of blocks are mined using a miner indicating support. I believe it is 95% within a 288 block window. This must occur within a specific time window which we will need to set before releasing code.

For people currently using 0.16.3, we need to agree about these softforks or change the 1000000 value for a later decision. There is less than 5000 blocks remaining!

Thanks for posting this. I agree and was going to post something similar. In the short term, I think a new official website and releasing official 0.16.3 code are most important.

For those who want to continue running 0.16.3 after block 1000000, lines 85 and 86 in chainparams.cpp need to be changed. Just make it something really big like 2000000 for now. I thought 1000000 would be enough when I first wrote it. I can update this in the riecointeam repository as well.

I did a quick check of BIP66 on testnet and it worked fine. Is anyone familiar with CLTV (BIP65) or CSV (BIP68, 112, 113)? Can you help me create a couple tests to show that these are working? I think BIP65 was one of the requirements for Barter Dex. We still need to decide if we want to activate segwit.

Also, I submitted riecoin's largest primes to the record list. Riecoin currently has spots 3-11 on the biggest 6-tuples.
clo1

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:05:48 AM

I took a quick look at segwit on testnet. I was mostly interested in checking the activation process. Pttn's getblocktemplate code handled setting the proper bits without any changes needed so I was able to activate on testnet. After activation, the 'T' transactions were added to the mempool. Some changes are needed in rieMiner to handle segwit transactions.

The miner needs to indicate support for segwit by adding a parameter in the getblocktemplate call in order for the transactions to be sent. I think this will also be needed for csv.
{\"rules\":[\"segwit\"]}

In the transactions you need to use the txid field instead of the hash field.

There is a default_witness_commitment field that needs to be added to the coinbase transaction. I wasn't exactly sure where this goes or the best way to add this to Pttn's code so I stopped here. If anyone else wants to look at it I can help you get to this point.
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 09:39:34 AM

anyone knows what happened to Riecoin in blockfolio this weekend ??
where they get their data i wonder.... Huh Huh

since Gatra is a ghost i too believe a community take over is for the best.
i agree with PttnMe guidelines and i suggest Devs (clo1, pttnme) and pool onwers (ziiip, xpoolx) should make the top tier of the Riecoin team along with some old members and active community members (like dga, IGJ).

I'm not a developer but i can help and troubleshoot for new people that have insterst in Riecoin.
Still most of us i believe already work at least one full time job and time would be the most significant problem.

Apart from the Core development, maybe a new website to gather all information there (IGJ community website is fine, maybe we should point a more official domain to this site as well)

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
PttnMe

Riecoin developer

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 10:25:23 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2018, 10:43:31 AM by PttnMe

I took a quick look at segwit on testnet. I was mostly interested in checking the activation process. Pttn's getblocktemplate code handled setting the proper bits without any changes needed so I was able to activate on testnet. After activation, the 'T' transactions were added to the mempool. Some changes are needed in rieMiner to handle segwit transactions.

The miner needs to indicate support for segwit by adding a parameter in the getblocktemplate call in order for the transactions to be sent. I think this will also be needed for csv.
{\"rules\":[\"segwit\"]}

In the transactions you need to use the txid field instead of the hash field.

There is a default_witness_commitment field that needs to be added to the coinbase transaction. I wasn't exactly sure where this goes or the best way to add this to Pttn's code so I stopped here. If anyone else wants to look at it I can help you get to this point.

Could you give me some documentation about these? I need to know precisely everything I have to do to implement these features in rieMiner. I plan to release the first stable rieMiner 0.9 version in December 16, it would be great that until then, it provides everything needed for 0.16.3.

Else, you can do these yourself and make pull requests as you seem to be very knowledgable about Bitcoin Core code (honestly, I am not that good in this field). For anything involving the Coinbase, everything is in GetBlockTemplateData::coinBaseGen() in GBTClient.cpp for GetBlockTemplate. For Stratum, as the Coinbase comes from the pool, owners will need to upgrade their code as well.

"In the transactions you need to use the txid field instead of the hash field." What do you mean?

I have heard about support bits for Softforks, do I need to implement them, or they are already included in the GetBlockTemplate call? I think that we could add these support choices as options in the configuration file if needed.

Also, could you please merge my pull request that updates remaining Bitcoin icons to Riecoin ones?

since Gatra is a ghost i too believe a community take over is for the best.
i agree with PttnMe guidelines and i suggest Devs (clo1, pttnme) and pool onwers (ziiip, xpoolx) should make the top tier of the Riecoin team along with some old members and active community members (like dga, IGJ).

I'm not a developer but i can help and troubleshoot for new people that have insterst in Riecoin.
Still most of us i believe already work at least one full time job and time would be the most significant problem.

Apart from the Core development, maybe a new website to gather all information there (IGJ community website is fine, maybe we should point a more official domain to this site as well)

It seems like a good start. Do anyone mentioned agree?
We should contact dga as he did not appear since a very long time, but seemed to be a good supporter of the project. I will try to PM him.

We should find a domain name that rocks, like rieco.in, and check that the domain is available (or even buy it quickly before someone else does). Any suggestion is welcome.

Stelo.xyz pool operator
clo1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:20:58 AM

Could you give me some documentation about these? I need to know precisely everything I have to do to implement these features in rieMiner. I plan to release the first stable rieMiner 0.9 version in December 16, it would be great that until then, it provides everything needed for 0.16.3.

Else, you can do these yourself and make pull requests as you seem to be very knowledgable about Bitcoin Core code (honestly, I am not that good in this field). For anything involving the Coinbase, everything is in GetBlockTemplateData::coinBaseGen() in GBTClient.cpp for GetBlockTemplate. For Stratum, as the Coinbase comes from the pool, owners will need to upgrade their code as well.

"In the transactions you need to use the txid field instead of the hash field." What do you mean?

I have heard about support bits for Softforks, do I need to implement them, or they are already included in the GetBlockTemplate call? I think that we could add these support choices as options in the configuration file if needed.

Also, could you please merge my pull request that updates remaining Bitcoin icons to Riecoin ones?

I couldn't find documentation showing exactly what is needed anywhere but here is some:
soft forks
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0009.mediawiki#getblocktemplate_changes

segwit
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0141.mediawiki
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0144.mediawiki
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0145.mediawiki

some pages I came across while searching for default_witness_commitment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1674590.0

Some observations:
To activate segwit you first have to change the activation time window in chainparams.cpp. Change line 213, testnet segwit nTimeout to something really big. If we decide to activate segwit we will change the mainnet timeout to something reasonable.
        consensus.vDeployments[Consensus::DEPLOYMENT_SEGWIT].nTimeout = 14935968000 // I added a 0

Once this is done 'segwit' will show up in the vbavailable field of getblocktemplate. The correct bits were already set in version so there is nothing to do here.

You then need to mine 2 full cycles of 288 blocks before segwit activates. I've already done this on testnet.

Once activated getblocktemplate will return 'segwit' in the 'rules' field. Segwit transactions can now be added to mempool. In order for them to show up in the getblocktemplate call you need to add a parameter to the call.
   jsonGbt = sendRPCCall(_curl, "{\"method\": \"getblocktemplate\", \"params\": [{\"rules\":[\"segwit\"]}], \"id\": 0}\n");

From BIP145, 'when witness transactions are included in the block, the primary merkle root MUST be calculated with those transactions' "txid" field instead of "hash" '.
        hexStrToBin(json_string_value(json_object_get(json_array_get(jsonTxs, i), "txid")), txHashInvTmp)

Also from BIP145,  'a secondary merkle root MUST be calculated as per BIP 141's commitment structure specification to be inserted into the generation (coinbase) transaction'. I believe this is in the default_witness_commitment field of getblocktemplate. I stopped here for now. I didn't want to spend any more time on something we might not activate anyway.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a pull request. I'll take a look later.
PttnMe

Riecoin developer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 03:00:48 AM

Thank you clo1 for these useful links. I updated rieMiner to include SegWit support (at least experimental for now) after struggling to understand how and where I had to put that default_witness_commitment.

rieMiner is now able (if the segwit Rule is set in the options, like below) to mine Segwit transactions between "t" addresses in TestNet, and also blocks with mixed segwit + legacy transactions, so I assume that rieMiner is now SegWit ready in case it ever gets actived. It also worked with legacy transactions produced by 0.10.2 in Testnet too, so current normal mining should be unaffected. More testing is welcome, and I invite you to comment the update if needed clo1, you are the expert.

I added a "Rules" option where one can add rules for the GetBlockTemplate call. For example,

Code:
Rules = segwit

Will send

Code:
{"method": "getblocktemplate", "params": [{"rules":["segwit"]}], "id": 0}

While

Code:
Rules = segwit, csv

Would send

Code:
{"method": "getblocktemplate", "params": [{"rules":["segwit", "csv"]}], "id": 0}

Both instead of

Code:
{"method": "getblocktemplate", "params": [], "id": 0}

Would this be enough for indicating support for the remaining softforks and use them? What rule strings do we have put for Bip 65, 66, etc if we want to indicate support and use if they are activated? I just know that for SegWit, it is "segwit"... Would I need to do something else to support properly these softforks?

Stelo.xyz pool operator
clo1

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:58:29 PM

Thank you clo1 for these useful links. I updated rieMiner to include SegWit support (at least experimental for now) after struggling to understand how and where I had to put that default_witness_commitment.

rieMiner is now able (if the segwit Rule is set in the options, like below) to mine Segwit transactions between "t" addresses in TestNet, and also blocks with mixed segwit + legacy transactions, so I assume that rieMiner is now SegWit ready in case it ever gets actived. It also worked with legacy transactions produced by 0.10.2 in Testnet too, so current normal mining should be unaffected. More testing is welcome, and I invite you to comment the update if needed clo1, you are the expert.

I added a "Rules" option where one can add rules for the GetBlockTemplate call. For example,

Would this be enough for indicating support for the remaining softforks and use them? What rule strings do we have put for Bip 65, 66, etc if we want to indicate support and use if they are activated? I just know that for SegWit, it is "segwit"... Would I need to do something else to support properly these softforks?

It's great that you got these working. I'm hardly an expert in these softforks. There is nothing to do for BIP65, BIP66. Once the activation block is reached the rules are automatically enforced all the time.

The only untested parts of the code now are CSV and CLTV. These allow creating transactions that can't be spent until some time in the future. I haven't touched this code so they should work. I don't think there is an easy way to create these transactions. I think they require creating custom scripts using python or node.js or maybe riecoin-tx.
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: