Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:21:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223010 times)
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 05:35:07 AM

Some people are funny. Buying at 4, selling at 5. They don't get it that when the next pump comes, they will miss the opportunity to sell for 8, 9, 10 etc.

Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

This buy wall at 4 satoshi is really encouraging.
Do you think we might be ready for another ride up like few weeks ago?
How high did we jump back then?
what caused the jump was the whale war when the evil whale who was trying to push us doen to1-2 got eaten

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:15:54 AM

i though it was someone rich who decided to buy 1G MEOW... and didn't want to wait

the eaten whale was before that

i hope they have it secure in their wallets... not in exchanges
whale123

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:58:27 AM

So you think MEOW is dead?

I would not give up hope.

rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 01:42:47 PM

NO Grin

open your mind!!
shai_

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:06:57 PM

not giving up hope
refusing to !
but it is one of the most non-profitable coins to mine... unless you have scrypt ASIC
or if it magically kitteh-jump back to 100 satoshi

or maybe coinwarz is lying Huh hmmm!

NO Grin
shai_

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:38:45 PM

where is max ?
he wrote in his twitter that there is no reason for kitteh not to pass doge's market cap...
i hope he didn't mean that doge will come down to our's cap Smiley
shai_

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 03:39:43 PM

whale123

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:10:12 PM

Unless there is some kind of plan I guess this coin is over. Time to move along. But I guess it is a good thing. More and more coins disappearing few weeks after the launch/relaunch. Only most profitable will survive.

TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:50:47 PM

Unless there is some kind of plan I guess this coin is over. Time to move along. But I guess it is a good thing. More and more coins disappearing few weeks after the launch/relaunch. Only most profitable will survive.

I don't think this coin will die. At least, I hope not. Not just because then I will have lost a shitload of money, but also because this coin has a great community and a lot of potential. It's got mass appeal, marketability and services.

You can always count on a community takeover should the developers disappear and I think dano was mentioning there are already some volunteers popping up to take on some responsibilities.

All it needs is a solid plan of action and a competent developer (or two) to step up to the plate after Dano moves on.
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:13:22 PM

Hm don't understand last dump to 2 satoshi, Meow on 10th place on mintpal voting and it keep going up, 2-3 weeks may be and it will be added on mintpal, hope big pumpers will notice that coin. At least it is enough reason to not sell it on 1-2 satoshi??
Oh well i once bought it on 1 satoshi and i will do it again even if only in memory of good days with that coin. 
whale123

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:27:37 AM

I guess thats the end of MEOW.

There is no imaginary whale. The coin just failed and that's all. It has huge potential which got wasted because there was not enough buy support and everyone was selling.

dadikul

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:34:27 AM

Hm don't understand last dump to 2 satoshi, Meow on 10th place on mintpal voting and it keep going up, 2-3 weeks may be and it will be added on mintpal, hope big pumpers will notice that coin. At least it is enough reason to not sell it on 1-2 satoshi??
Oh well i once bought it on 1 satoshi and i will do it again even if only in memory of good days with that coin. 

#REALTALK !
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 05:59:34 PM

MEOW is far from dead!! It has a dedicated community many of whom are putting their skills 2 good use as we speak to market and develop kitteh!! Much has been achieved in past week or so, there are new spanish and chinese twitter accounts, the website is also being translated into chinese and spanish and the twitter tipbot is almost ready for action!!!! Come to #kittehcoin irc if you think you can help, spread the word over social media, pull your sells and add to 2 or 3 sats on Cryptsy!!! This Cat aint got through her nine lives just yet!!!!!!!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
shai_

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:29:53 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 06:54:25 PM by shai_

not better to wait for the latoshi range ?
i have tried to contact dano on skype... he said he will contact me back in few days
it was a month ago ?
common.. i think some people are correct
coin dead
its sad
but need to realize that - was a P&D. and its finished - long time ago
so it will be pumped again to 10 satoshi and dumped until 2 ?
and then what ?

i'v been nagging too many times we need KGW fix ASAP
and only answer is 'but we plan for merge mining'
could fork 100 times if we need. the KGW fix is needed for MONTHs
could have help the coin to stay alive... but no.. lead dev is busy all the time. and no one else is doing anything
dano - if you don't have the time to be a lead dev - why did you take the task on the first place ?

so now we will have a dead coin translation to chinese and spanish... how is that gonna help ?

time to use my GPUs for something new and more interesting.

yes i asked to join the dev team. and since i joined - NO ONE from the dev team ever talked with me about developing. from KGW fork until now - almost nothing.

MEOW is far from dead!! It has a dedicated community many of whom are putting their skills 2 good use as we speak to market and develop kitteh!! Much has been achieved in past week or so, there are new spanish and chinese twitter accounts, the website is also being translated into chinese and spanish and the twitter tipbot is almost ready for action!!!! Come to #kittehcoin irc if you think you can help, spread the word over social media, pull your sells and add to 2 or 3 sats on Cryptsy!!! This Cat aint got through her nine lives just yet!!!!!!!!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 07:12:00 PM

not better to wait for the latoshi range ?
i have tried to contact dano on skype... he said he will contact me back in few days
it was a month ago ?
common.. i think some people are correct
coin dead
its sad
but need to realize that - was a P&D. and its finished - long time ago
so it will be pumped again to 10 satoshi and dumped until 2 ?
and then what ?

i'v been nagging too many times we need KGW fix ASAP
and only answer is 'but we plan for merge mining'
could fork 100 times if we need. the KGW fix is needed for MONTHs
could have help the coin to stay alive... but no.. lead dev is busy all the time. and no one else is doing anything
dano - if you don't have the time to be a lead dev - why did you take the task on the first place ?

so now we will have a dead coin translation to chinese and spanish... how is that gonna help ?

time to use my GPUs for something new and more interesting.

yes i asked to join the dev team. and since i joined - NO ONE from the dev team ever talked with me about developing. from KGW fork until now - almost nothing.

Been in IRC several times talking with adamg, locoshibe, and the rest of the community. Guess you just weren't there. I have been busy as I already stated the community, need more people to step up. I'm here to accept pull requests I'll create the new branch for the upcoming release tonight please issue pull requests there. I wasn't kidding around when i said I was getting extremely busy and wouldn't have the proper time to dedicate to kittehcoin, my lack of availability recently should not be a surprise.

BUT- I am still on IRC as much as possible (on right now actually), and I'm replying to emails as soon as I can and giving the community members who are stepping up everything they need to keep kittehcoin going. AdamG, Rodux & co have been extremely proactive in this sense.

Also Kittehcoin was just added to this exchange https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/meow send some meow to their tipbox so that they can get some initial trades going!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
shai_

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:58:04 PM

so are you waiting for someone else to push KittehGravityWave.. ?
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:24:20 PM

so are you waiting for someone else to push KittehGravityWave.. ?

Are you talking about the internal improvements we were discsussing? Aka: our own custom diff algo rather than pure KGW? That won't be happening at this point, unless someone from the community steps up. I'm just going to make sure the KGW vars are fixed but we've been discussing in IRC moving to Digishield. For that to happen I suggest the community put up a bounty for a dev to implement that and then issue a pull request; bounty to be paid once pull request is accepted.

I'm willing to commit to fully reviewing the pull request and verifying that the code is legit and implements digishield correctly.

I have also created a new branch for the next client release... anyone working on forward-moving kittehcoin code should fork this branch and issue pull requests to it, which I will gladly review and merge if legitimate- https://github.com/kittehcoin/kittehcoin/tree/v0.8.6.3.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:57:01 PM

Quote from: theghostk=topic=448003.msg6282441#msg6282441 date=1397832901
Quote from: TheMightyX
lots of bla bla bla

Quote from: TheMightyX
Just because someone is not a programmer does NOT mean they don't have ideas or can't be useful in strategizing a profitable plan.
Lets be brutally honest, programmers don't make games, programmers don't design the software and programmers don't make marketing decisions.

Oh hai Bill Gates, here TheMightyX is saying that you're not a successful programmer. I think you should give him you dollars and return to your basement to write BASIC programs.

Are you really that ignorant of tech history? Gates bought Q-DOS from another programmer named Tim Paterson for $50,000 and furnished it to IBM after negotiating the rights to license the OS to third party OEMs. IBM agreed to this deal in large part because they saw the rights as worthless. Yet more than anything else, it was that arrangement that allowed Microsoft to prosper into the entity it is now.

If you think what made Gates successful was his programming vision, then what you are in effect saying is that his role in the growth of personal computing was actually interchangeable. After all, there would have been no shortage of people that IBM could have found to develop their BASIC computers and/or DOS PCs. It takes a shrewd entrepreneur to recognize the opportunity Gates did. And that, I believe, is precisely X's point.  (Jobs also did something distinctly similar, first with Atari and then Xerox.)

The bottom-line is, Bill Gates WAS a very good programmer, he BECAME and excellent business man and lead an extremely successful business that changed the world; his purchase of DOS is one of the first examples of this. TheMightyX said:

Lets be brutally honest, programmers don't make games, programmers don't design the software and programmers don't make marketing decisions.

Which is completely false and unfair to all successful programmers that have become entrepreneurs.

Yes there are exceptions to every rule, but that doesn't change the fact that the majority of companies that make games or software don't hire programmers as designers. The designers do their job and the programmers do their job. I'm surprised I even had to say that. Using bill gates as an example seems pretty far fetched. That's just not how companies work.

Unfortunately much of what I said could only be taken as offensive and I apologize for that. I even tried to add that I like Dano because I do.

Even more unfortunate is the fact that you cannot tell someone you disagree with how they handled something without insulting them at least in part.

Look, we all saw the multipool issue coming. It's spread across the entire community. There is hardly a coin that isn't affected.

With this in mind changing the algorithm or relaunching seemed like quite the obvious solution and was suggested by myself and many others I believe back when there was still time to salvage things.

I will apologize for trying to place the blame squarely on Dano, which is not what I intended; I will not apologize for being upset. I believe I have every right to be upset as well as many others, you and Dano included.

Expecting the community to rise up and rally together and do this and that is pure fantasy though. You mentioned this shouldn't be treated like a business, well, unfortunately the majority (yes, the majority) of people are investing in these coins. INVESTING is a BUSINESS motive.
Running a successful coin IS running a business. If you want to profit or at least fund development you need to consider income and expenses. You also need to account for apathy and laziness of the community.

Expecting donations on a coin that is rising in value is even wishful thinking, but RELYING on donations on a coin that is falling in price is delusional.

That fact that you would say that this isn't a business shows that you might not be the best person to run this show Sebastien. Even as I type that I wince because that will surely offend and that is not my intention. But I cannot disagree with you more.

You have INVESTORS, plain and simple. People investing in your COMPANY. The COMPANY of the CRYPTOCURRENCY. They want it to succeed so they can profit. If you are not running this like a business you are destined to fail. And lose a lot of other peoples money along with yours.

You cannot rely on DONATIONS, but you can rely on goodwill. You can rely on people being ok with donating 1% or 2% of all mined blocks, should that donation be automatic and out of sight (out of mind). Einsteinium and many other coins do this as a block reward tax.
In this way you could fund development and ensure that you have the funds you need to focus on development and a budget for marketing/etc.

Lastly, to stir up more flames I believe as programmers maybe you think that "merged-mining" is great and interesting and totally amazing.
I got news, and you aint gonna like it:

Nobody gives a flying fuck about merge-mining.
You know what people give fucks about? making money.

The team didn't want to change algo's because you wanted to do this merged mining thing thinking that would bring in so much more mining power and solve your multipool problems?
It doesn't matter what the difficulty is or how many people mine it because when a multipool hits it they are still dwarfing any measely mining power of any single coin (except bitcoin of course). That means regardless of any new fixes to KGW the majority of coins are still going to the big whales who are dumping them.

In my mind switching algos to a multipool-proof algorithm such as adaptive-n or X11 or HEAVY would have been so much more beneficial than merge mining ever will be.

Maybe thats because I'm looking at it from a business angle, and you are looking at it from a programming angle?
Again, different hats for different jobs.
A programmer is not an economist.

Also, someone mentioned having a multipool wouldnt work because this is not a PoS coin. As I mentioned that tactic is not just for PoS coins.
If people mine this coin, they get kitteh coins.
If they mine a kitteh multipool they get kitteh coins through buying them, which in turn increases the value of those kittehcoins.
If they mine ANOTHER coin, we have to rely on them A. not holding the other coin, B. selling the other coin and C. buying kittehcoin.

That is a lot more work and the chances of everyone following through with that are not good.
A multipool does all of this and ensures that people are buying kittehcoin.

-You have many great ideas and I strongly suggest you implement them if you find them to be viable.
-If you believe an altcoin without premine/IPO is a business and not an open-source project, then go ahead and turn it into what you believe it should be like; absolutely no one is stopping you.
-Using Bill Gates as an example was extremely apt, you posted a false statement and I called it out.
-You were being very insulting to Dano and it's simply not acceptable with the blood, sweat and tears that he has put into this project with absolutely no ROI (at a huge loss in fact), if you think it's a business than I would assume that you could show a professional attitude that emanates respect and understanding to someone who volunteers for this fictitious corporation you speak of. You did much more than say "I disagree".
-The biggest BTC pool in existence (Ghash.io) certainly cares about merged-mining, do a little research, but I suppose we can put a hold on it and let the new development team decide whether they want it or not (and then implement it)
-Expecting the community to actively take over this is common sense when there is no profit for the developers, a meme coin necessitates a viral community or it will plainly not survive if there was no premine or IPO. However, if you really think you can make enough money to fund a business by getting 1% of the blocks to your wallet, then I implore you to go ahead and develop that idea and push it to the community.
-If you think the algo is the problem and you want explore a new algo, then I suggest you go ahead and develop that idea and push it to the community. We do not believe this to be viable as for a meme coin, a new also would push people that have never mined before to stay away from trying out mining; remember one of DOGE's forces is that they attracted many brand new miners that never mined before, changing algo will give you an algo that is untested by most and you will not be able to support miners as easily due to different configurations than the standard ones that are publicized for LiteCoin; and it appears that you do not want the hashing power of ASIC's this is only catering to GPU miners and is not forward-thinking, you need to be able to accept the fact that these machines are coming and will be a game-changer.

Either way, you sound like you believe you are a great business man, if that is the case, then I nominate you to be part of the new KittehCoin team, honestly if you do not join them, then I do not see why you would complain about something you are not willing to really do anything about. I wish you the best of luck.

sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:58:11 PM

Then make a plan and execute it Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: