Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:11:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: #1 RATINGS and REVIEWS of SPORTS BOOKS thread. Poster input appreciated.  (Read 89506 times)
Gogo ppp
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:43:18 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2014, 08:34:17 AM by Gogo ppp

Info@Anonibet - [Re: statement in T&C that withdrawing without 1x play through will be charged 5%]

"Dear Gogo ppp,

Thank you for your comment. As I have already explained, we do not want to become a safe box. We have never applied this rule so far. I do not understand why this disturbs you..."

Michael - Since you said you don't understand...

I leave a few coins in various books that I feel comfortable with, in case I find a bet I would like to make in the future and can save time this way.

I would feel comfortable doing this with Anonibet, except I don't want to be charged 5% if I decide to withdraw (a few coins). Part of the positives of bitcoins is they can be moved for a few pennies, not 5%.

So it makes me uncomfortable for that reason. Yours is the only book where I see that charge.
If I leave 4 coins valued at ~$500 usd each it will cost me $100 if you change your mind/someone other than you applies the charge, etc.

You say the charge has never been applied.
But then, as I asked, why not remove the language, and give individual warnings that you will apply the 5% charge in the future to people you feel are using Anonibet as a safe box.

So this is why it disturbs me and why I mentioned it for a 2nd time.

OK I see your point now. You might be right, we shall remove it from our T&C.

We have set this rule in order to prevent large amounts of BTC kept in Anonibet. Bitcoin is very attractive for hackers and we do not want to attract "bad guys" thinking we keep large amounts of BTC. This was the only purpose really. We do not even charge withdraw fees, we pay the network fee at each withdraw so that our customers receive the exact amount they have withdrawn from Anonibet.

Regards,
Michael

The above re: the following in Anonibet's T&C:
"2.02
In order to withdraw funds from your account, you are required to place bets as much as the amount deposited. If you make a withdrawal request without placing bets 5% handling fee shall be deducted from the amount you have requested."

Michael - "OK I see your point now. You might be right, we shall remove it from our T&C."

Peeps Place - "Nice work by both gogo and Anonibet working together. It's good to see a book take our opinions seriously."

Yet I notice it is still there 9 days later. Perhaps you forgot to remove it?

Anonibet - What is happening with the above situation?
Did you decide not to remove the 5% charge for withdrawing without rolling over a deposit one time?
Legions36

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:33:46 AM

I wrote up some solid reviews a couple pages back so i'll weigh in.  I think most of the ratings here are decent based on the "time" criteria.  I do think cloudbet might be the best right now, but if you cap what a book can achieve based on time in existence than cloudbet is where it should be.

however, that being said, JUST because a book is the oldest (anonibet) doesn't mean it should be rated the highest.  the review i posted about anonibet and several others here are pretty scathing when you subtract out the fact that they've been open the longest.  they are pretty much the worst across the board on 5 other criteria points.  frankly the book itself is D+ to C- at best when you take EVERYTHING into consideration (other than time open).  i DO think that other peoples complaints about anonibet are legit and it should be downgraded considerably because all aspects of that book suck other than the fact that they've been in business the longest.

there is one other thing to consider though.  i think anyone can open up a bitcoin book like anonibet with roughly 50 bitcoins in cold storage.  the fact is that the average bettor probably wagers .05 BTC and so when anonibet caps action about as low as possible there is almost 0 risk to them as far as someone like me ever winning big.  i would be shocked if they could release a cold storage wallet address proving they had 500-1000 bitcoins to back their book.

I would rather play at a brand spanking new book who released a signed wallet transaction showing good backing (1000 btc) then a lowly capped book like anonibet that prays off people who are zero risk to them (especially when their posted odds are so terrible they they gain a extra 10% handicap advantage over all the other books).
Everyone always remember when reading this post from this poster, he lost 340k to a new book because of his belief system to the new books.
BitcoinzRulez

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:25:44 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 04:54:49 AM by BitcoinzRulez

I wrote up some solid reviews a couple pages back so i'll weigh in.  I think most of the ratings here are decent based on the "time" criteria.  I do think cloudbet might be the best right now, but if you cap what a book can achieve based on time in existence than cloudbet is where it should be.

however, that being said, JUST because a book is the oldest (anonibet) doesn't mean it should be rated the highest.  the review i posted about anonibet and several others here are pretty scathing when you subtract out the fact that they've been open the longest.  they are pretty much the worst across the board on 5 other criteria points.  frankly the book itself is D+ to C- at best when you take EVERYTHING into consideration (other than time open).  i DO think that other peoples complaints about anonibet are legit and it should be downgraded considerably because all aspects of that book suck other than the fact that they've been in business the longest.

there is one other thing to consider though.  i think anyone can open up a bitcoin book like anonibet with roughly 50 bitcoins in cold storage.  the fact is that the average bettor probably wagers .05 BTC and so when anonibet caps action about as low as possible there is almost 0 risk to them as far as someone like me ever winning big.  i would be shocked if they could release a cold storage wallet address proving they had 500-1000 bitcoins to back their book.

I would rather play at a brand spanking new book who released a signed wallet transaction showing good backing (1000 btc) then a lowly capped book like anonibet that prays off people who are zero risk to them (especially when their posted odds are so terrible they they gain a extra 10% handicap advantage over all the other books).
Everyone always remember when reading this post from this poster, he lost 340k to a new book because of his belief system to the new books.

Somehow every time you post it's dumber than your previous post. Not sure how you always manage to outdo your own stupidity but you clearly have a gift.  When it comes to being an idiot you exceed expectations with every stroke of your keyboard.

Look man, I know it still hurts. You made a lot of bad bets and lost a ton on coinbet. I feel for you and your horrible life. If you keep grinding out .01 Bitcoins eventually you'll get em all back!
Legions36

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:35:49 AM

Somehow every time you post it's dumber than your previous post. Not sure how you always manage to outdo your own stupidity but you clearly have a gift.  When it comes to being an idiot you exceed expectations with every stroke of your keyboard.

Look man, I know it still hurts. You made a lot of bad bets and lost a ton on coinbet. I feel for you and your horrible life. If you keep grinding out .01 Bitcoins eventually you'll get em all back!
U can try and downplay me all u want for stuff about me u have "zero" info on. If it makes u feel better to think I'm a losing player go ahead. Just think how can someone who seems to know not to trust any book open for 2 months with more than $500 be as much of a loser as u say?
There is actually 1 idiot left in this thread it is u and u know why. Do u really not think your not an idiot for trusting a bookie open 2months with that much $? U can't hide how greedy u are, or that wouldn't have happened to such an extreme level. Sorry I can't side with u since this is the stupidest story I have come across to date.
BitcoinzRulez

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:51:28 AM

U can try and downplay me all u want for stuff about me u have "zero" info on. If it makes u feel better to think I'm a losing player go ahead. Just think how can someone who seems to know not to trust any book open for 2 months with more than $500 be as much of a loser as u say?
There is actually 1 idiot left in this thread it is u and u know why. Do u really not think your not an idiot for trusting a bookie open 2months with that much $? U can't hide how greedy u are, or that wouldn't have happened to such an extreme level. Sorry I can't side with u since this is the stupidest story I have come across to date.

And how much money exactly did I "trust" them with?
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:03:38 AM

Looks like DirectBet has taken us all off track.

DirectBet
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 06:49:39 AM

Reagan is in control of the finances at Peepsplace. I post the ratings here and at Peepsplace. Then I submit it to Reagan. He does his own research and makes the final decision on the books that go up. If a book has problems, I immediately tell Reagan and he pulls the banner 100% of the time. That is the only time, my opinion makes a decision. I don't determine if a book goes up, but if I recommend it to come down, then it goes down.

Not that this is of importance but Reagan has a baseball handicapping book published. He is a long time gambler. He has experience in dealing with books as well as being a player himself. It's my reputation as well as Reagan's that's on the line. Since Reagan is top dog, you should be asking him questions.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware that you do not make the decisions on rating upgrades.

But that was not my question. My question is :

Would you please disclose which Bitcoin sportbooks are paying you to promote them in forums ?

Just like you expect us books to be honest and fair, we too expect that you will be honest to the users reading this ratings guide and disclose which of the books are paying you to promote them in forums, to alert users of a possible conflict of interest.

Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:31:56 AM

Complaint about Coindraft
Tried Coindraft livechat 4 times now and still not paying up. Withdrew near to 3 BTC a week ago yet still not paying, I've been told "technical problems", "I get that sent" etc etc

Would be careful playing here especially with anything more then a couple of coins!

I play there and have made two withdrawals. Both under 2 BTC and were paid in approximately 24 hours after a lot of complaining.

Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:42:28 AM

Coindraft has stated that their withdrawals are now automated and will processed within 1 hour.

DirectBet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 07:46:10 AM

The ratings were up BEFORE anyone talked with Anoninbet and Nitrogen.

That's exactly my point ! The ratings were reasonable at first, but then you changed the rules here so that technically, only Anonibet can be rated A, on top of all others.

That was AFTER Anonibet paid you. And then of course you rated them A, isolated on top of the list.

There have been several reports here during the past few days on Anonibet retroactively canceling bets, delaying withdrawals, limiting bet sizes and bet selections and various other negative feedback. Players are saying they will never bet there again, but their rating remains a firm A, on top of all other sportbooks.

You keep saying that the ratings here is "By the players for the players", but when it comes to Anonibet, you keep ignoring all the negative feedback on them, and there wasn't a single post here suggesting they are the best.

For these reasons, we are claiming that this ratings guide has turned into a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.

Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:54:00 AM

That's exactly my point ! The ratings were reasonable at first, but then you changed the rules here so that technically, only Anonibet can be rated A, on top of all others.

That was AFTER Anonibet paid you. And then of course you rated them A, isolated on top of the list.

There have been several reports here during the past few days on Anonibet retroactively canceling bets, delaying withdrawals, limiting bet sizes and bet selections and various other negative feedback. Players are saying they will never bet there again, but their rating remains a firm A, on top of all other sportbooks.

You keep saying that the ratings here is "By the players for the players", but when it comes to Anonibet, you keep ignoring all the negative feedback on them, and there wasn't a single post here suggesting they are the best.

For these reasons, we are claiming that this ratings guide is no more than a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.

I changed the ratings because Legion and others that supported the idea of grades being given too easily. The POSTERS initiated the changes. Anonibet had nothing to do with it. If that were the case then Anonibet, Cloudbet and Nitrogen would all be "A"s and everyone else below. The rules aren't tailored for books with banners up.

Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:00:31 AM

Guys - Please chime in even if it's just a letter so that we can move on. What rating would you give DirectBet using your own criteria?

DirectBet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 08:04:32 AM

I changed the ratinds because Legion and others that supported the idea of grades being given too easily. The POSTERS initiated the changes. Anonibet had nothing to do with it.  If that were the case then Anonibet, Cloudbet and Nitrogen would all be "A"s and everyone else below.

When posters suggest changes that favor Anonibet rating, you implement them.

When posters provide negative feedback on Anonibet or suggest changes that might negatively affect their score, you ignore them.

This ratings guide has turned into a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.

WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:06:33 AM

Guys - Please chime in even if it's just a letter so that we can move on. What rating would you give DirectBet using your own criteria?
C- or C for Directbet in my opinion. Too new, awful odds. Could find better odds at a C rated cash book anyday. Anonibet B- or B (cause you can trust them, otherwise they suck just as much as Directbet). Nitrogen B+. Should not be a single book an A because no book actually is good. All books do not have high limits or do not have good odds. You need both plus a trustworthy past to be a good book. Almost every BTC book has odds that literally would have my bookie customers stabbing me if I tried asking them for as much juice as anonibet, Directbet, Jetwin, and all the other scrub books ask for when betting. Anything below 1.91/1.91 pregame or 1.88/1.88 live should be shunned and not called a sportsbook imo. The 1.80/1.80 and sometimes as low as 1.70/1.70 offered by Directbet deserves a kick in where it hurts most for actually calling themselves a legitimate sportsbook, those odds are just simply an indirect scam.

And please don't say "wait til right before game for best odds" bullshit. Because lets face it, even then you barely offer 1.90/1.90 odds then except for NBA and probably NFL which everyone, even scambooks do.

Honestly, I could almost personally GUARANTEE that pregame odds tomorrow for all major US sports 5 minutes before start will be easily found beat by a different book. I personally guarantee a better line at casinobitco.in, nitrogen or webetcoins for every NHL, NBA, and MLB game, 5 minutes before start. Directbet? Who cares. They will never be the industry standard or leader. They will never be a bitbook or a 5dimes. Just a book filling the niche of degenerate gamblers needing 24/7 live betting while paying the worst juice in the industry.

You offer huge 8 BTC payout maximums? Ohhh thats great! When your house edges are 10%+ I could easily convince some investors to offer that much too. Just leave PeepsPlace alone, even if he is getting paid by Anonibet, they are a better book than Directbet. Unless you truly stop being greedy assholes and payout what the industry standards REALLY are, you will never be worth more than a C rating in my book and many others.

Get sick. Get well.
DirectBet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 08:13:53 AM

I changed the ratings because Legion and others that supported the idea of grades being given too easily. The POSTERS initiated the changes. Anonibet had nothing to do with it. If that were the case then Anonibet, Cloudbet and Nitrogen would all be "A"s and everyone else below. The rules aren't tailored for books with banners up.

Also, the suggestion was to cap the max rating, not to automatically award the max rating based on how long the book is in business.

WhatsBitcoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:15:39 AM

Also, the suggestion was to cap the max rating, not to automatically award the max rating based on how long the book is in business.
You got some feedback just as you requested, instead of complaining why don't you actually try fixing the issues that many many people have made clear, especially your AWFUL odds.

Get sick. Get well.
Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:18:24 AM

C- or C for Directbet in my opinion. Too new, awful odds. Could find better odds at a C rated cash book anyday. Anonibet B- or B (cause you can trust them, otherwise they suck just as much as Directbet). Nitrogen B+. Should not be a single book an A because no book actually is good. All books do not have high limits or do not have good odds. You need both plus a trustworthy past to be a good book. Almost every BTC book has odds that literally would have my bookie customers stabbing me if I tried asking them for as much juice as anonibet, Directbet, Jetwin, and all the other scrub books ask for when betting. Anything below 1.91/1.91 pregame or 1.88/1.88 live should be shunned and not called a sportsbook imo. The 1.80/1.80 and sometimes as low as 1.70/1.70 offered by Directbet deserves a kick in where it hurts most for actually calling themselves a legitimate sportsbook, those odds are just simply an indirect scam.

And please don't say "wait til right before game for best odds" bullshit. Because lets face it, even then you barely offer 1.90/1.90 odds then except for NBA and probably NFL which everyone, even scambooks do.

Honestly, I could almost personally GUARANTEE that pregame odds tomorrow for all major US sports 5 minutes before start will be easily found beat by a different book. I personally guarantee a better line at casinobitco.in, nitrogen or webetcoins for every NHL, NBA, and MLB game, 5 minutes before start. Directbet? Who cares. They will never be the industry standard or leader. They will never be a bitbook or a 5dimes. Just a book filling the niche of degenerate gamblers needing 24/7 live betting while paying the worst juice in the industry.

You offer huge 8 BTC payout maximums? Ohhh thats great! When your house edges are 10%+ I could easily convince some investors to offer that much too. Just leave PeepsPlace alone, even if he is getting paid by Anonibet, they are a better book than Directbet. Unless you truly stop being greedy assholes and payout what the industry standards REALLY are, you will never be worth more than a C rating in my book and many others.
Thanks

DirectBet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 08:38:33 AM

The biggest negative feedback is from a guy that made his first post here at Bitcointalk. For all I know he may have been from DirectBet.

I don't know who you are referring to.

For the record, all our posts on Bitcointalk are done from this account.

It's sad to see that you are accusing us of posting negative feedback on other books from shill accounts.

That's a lie. And it is clear now that you do not have the creditability or authority to rate Bitcoin sportbooks.

If it were any established poster here such as Gogo, Legion, Bitcoinzrulez, Boos, Bismarck, etc. I'd be all over it.

Really ? You are lying again. Here is the proof :

Peeps - I'd made a suggestion earlier in this thread that you list with a book's rating whether withdrawals are automatic or not, since it indicates a book is operating on lower capital if they haven't purchased or had written autograding software.

You posted that you agreed, liked the idea, and would do so.

Yet you haven't done so yet.

You did not implement Gogo suggestion to add next to each rating a mark whether withdrawals are automatic or not, despite promising him to do so.

Why didn't you do it ? Because it won't look good if Anonibet, your top rated Bitcoin sportsbook, will have a mark next to it indicating that they process withdrawals manually. This will hurt the creditability of your ratings list, as such a mark indicates the book is operating on lower capital or is technically incompetent.

I stand by what I said :

When posters suggest changes that favor Anonibet rating, you implement them.

When posters provide negative feedback on Anonibet or suggest changes that might negatively affect their score, you ignore them.

This ratings guide has turned into a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.

Rating Place (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:45:00 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 09:35:48 AM by Peeps Place

DirectBet- I said if an established poster complained of being stiffed that I would be all over it. I don't care about a first time poster that refuses to give me what I ask for.

I don't know why you have a hard on for Anonibet. If a guy walks up to me on the street and asks where he should play soccer at with bitcoins, I'll tell him Anoninbet. I don't want him coming back to me in a month and say that I promoted a stiff book.

I won't mention Anonibet's name unless someone brings it up. I'm not trying to push them.

The next time that you start a business, you should make friends with competitors while you are new. Business 101. When you lie, bullshit and back stab, it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Legions36

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:57:48 PM

For these reasons, we are claiming that this ratings guide has turned into a disguised advertising vehicle for Anonibet.

I can vouch that this whole post from direct bet bet is false claims towards PeepPlace. Myself and others had part in the change of rating system. I have zero affiliation with PeepsPlace and u can check my history at other forums for many years and see how much I have been truthful over the years about books.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: