Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:13:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:50:58 PM

Hi,

(cross posted on mintcointalk)

Project F is advancing steadily. I thank all of the people who contacted me, I was positvely impressed by the massive amount of people who PM'd me. Now that is a proof of an active community!

Next step is to set up a communication channel. I hesitate on what to do. Below are my various proposal (I am open to others):
- Project F subtopic on bitcointalk.org. Sure, bitcointalk.org has most of the traffic, but I believe there is no room for another mintcoin topic out of the ANN topic. This would be public.
- Project F discussion in the ANN topic. I believe it would only lead to confusion. On the other hand, it would lead to more visibility to newcomers. This would be public.
- Project F on a dedicated mintcointalk.com forum thread. This would be "cleaner", since it would be on a dedicated forum, and it could be either private or public. Downside is: less visibility for newcomers
- Project F on a Google Groups ML. Advantage is: easier reply by mail (I prefer mail to forum). Downside is, I think, even lower visibility. Would be better for a "inner core" group.

Voilà, please tell me what you would prefer.
- Dedicated bitcointalk topic
- intersparced discussion in ANN topic
- topic on mintcointalk
- google group mailing list

Dedicated bitcointalk topic or topic on mintcointalk
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:59:49 PM

Hi,

Project F is advancing steadily. I thank all of the people who contacted me, I was positvely impressed by the massive amount of people who PM'd me. Now that is a proof of an active community!

Next step is to set up a communication channel. I hesitate on what to do. Below are my various proposal (I am open to others):
- Project F subtopic on bitcointalk.org. Sure, bitcointalk.org has most of the traffic, but I believe there is no room for another mintcoin topic out of the ANN topic. This would be public.
- Project F discussion in the ANN topic. I believe it would only lead to confusion. On the other hand, it would lead to more visibility to newcomers. This would be public.
- Project F on a dedicated mintcointalk.com forum thread. This would be "cleaner", since it would be on a dedicated forum, and it could be either private or public. Downside is: less visibility for newcomers
- Project F on a Google Groups ML. Advantage is: easier reply by mail (I prefer mail to forum). Downside is, I think, even lower visibility. Would be better for a "inner core" group.

- topic on mintcointalk
Mintcointalk - less trolls. more committed people.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:14:32 PM

Hi,

- topic on mintcointalk

mintcointalk or reddit thread is OK ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:17:25 PM

Hi,

- topic on mintcointalk

Great news. So when are you going to tell people what is "Project F" ? Why the super secret?

Edit: Whatever it is, I vote for Reddit. We can bring a lot of people in over there if we start using it more.

\
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:17:44 PM

Alright (I am getting impatient, I decide after just three persons Smiley)

The main topic will be on mintcointalk but one of the first duty will be to keep some intersperced discussions on bitcointalk for getting some newcomers to know it (I will hardly be able to handle this, this will be a job for the commmunity management team).

Here is the text I just wrote on mintcointalk.com. Since this is the first one, I will copy it in its entirety but please reply there in the future (that's topic #400, btw): Mintcoin Fund.

Hi everyone,
Project F is finally unveiled. I told you (and the dev told you also earlier) that it would be huge and it is.
Much like bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin, we are opening up a foundation.
The Mintcoin Fund (for legal reason, it could not be named Foundation) will focus on promoting Mintcoin and sustainable development initiative. Excerpt from the bylaws (translated, the official text is in French) :
The goal of Mintcoin Fund is to promote the Mintcoin cryptocurrency and its underlying goal of reducing humany environmental footprint.
Legally speaking, this will be an endowment fund under the French Law. It will be open to anyone with no distinction of nationality or even age (although some responsabilites will be off-limit for non-emancipated minors).
There is no entrance fee. Everything is open to consideration. Here are some of the topic already considered:
  • an official escrow service. It will deal only in mintcoin, and will either be free of charge or fees will be donated to the Mintcoin Fund (which in turn MIGHT compensate the
  • Mintcoin Fund actually handling the escrow, but nothing for sure — if we can automate the process, we could avoid this).
This thread will be the main topic of discussion. Much like the ANN on bitcointalk, I believe a single very large topic draws more attention than several small topic (people judge by the amount of pages).

It will be necessary to regularly update advancements on the bitcointalk page too, at least for getting more persons involved.

Another brillant news (althoug less huge, I'd say) will be announced next week. Stay tuned!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

wat?

\
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:26:38 PM

Alright (I am getting impatient, I decide after just three persons Smiley)

The main topic will be on mintcointalk but one of the first duty will be to keep some intersperced discussions on bitcointalk for getting some newcomers to know it (I will hardly be able to handle this, this will be a job for the commmunity management team).

Here is the text I just wrote on mintcointalk.com. Since this is the first one, I will copy it in its entirety but please reply there in the future (that's topic #400, btw): Mintcoin Fund.

Hi everyone,
Project F is finally unveiled. I told you (and the dev told you also earlier) that it would be huge and it is.
Much like bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin, we are opening up a foundation.
The Mintcoin Fund (for legal reason, it could not be named Foundation) will focus on promoting Mintcoin and sustainable development initiative. Excerpt from the bylaws (translated, the official text is in French) :
The goal of Mintcoin Fund is to promote the Mintcoin cryptocurrency and its underlying goal of reducing humany environmental footprint.
Legally speaking, this will be an endowment fund under the French Law. It will be open to anyone with no distinction of nationality or even age (although some responsabilites will be off-limit for non-emancipated minors).
There is no entrance fee. Everything is open to consideration. Here are some of the topic already considered:
  • an official escrow service. It will deal only in mintcoin, and will either be free of charge or fees will be donated to the Mintcoin Fund (which in turn MIGHT compensate the
  • Mintcoin Fund actually handling the escrow, but nothing for sure — if we can automate the process, we could avoid this).
This thread will be the main topic of discussion. Much like the ANN on bitcointalk, I believe a single very large topic draws more attention than several small topic (people judge by the amount of pages).

It will be necessary to regularly update advancements on the bitcointalk page too, at least for getting more persons involved.

Another brillant news (althoug less huge, I'd say) will be announced next week. Stay tuned!

BOOM! Exactly what Mintcoin needed! I'm moving BTC to buy more at this discount price. Nice work Mintcoin Team!!

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:30:03 PM

Will links to these new discussion topics in different venues be placed on this thread for user convenience?
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:30:18 PM

a foundation? thats it? can you explain what makes this foundation different from other foundations?

sorry, i expected more.

this is another stolen idea.

any coin that makes me a profit.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:33:07 PM

a foundation? thats it? can you explain what makes this foundation different from other foundations?

sorry, i expected more.
It is for mintcoin and devoted to sustainable development. Granted, Dogecoin foundation had a Doge4water initative, but that was just one initiative among others and Dogecoin doesn't have any environmentalism focus by itself (don't make me wrong, the Foundation will not be SOLELY about sustainable development - it will be its main focus, not the only one).
Apart from that, we have some projects already going on. I will talk about some, whilst some other cannot be talked about yet.

By the way, there is nothing wrong about stolen idea; for start because they are not stolen, since they are not protected; second, because the memetic world is all about imitaiton, as Voltaire famously said it 300 hundred years ago - the Not-Invented-Here syndromes makes more harm than good and what matters is not the innovation, it is the implementation.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:35:53 PM

if i am correct this is the same idea as leafcoin. it did not save them.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:36:06 PM

Will links to these new discussion topics in different venues be placed on this thread for user convenience?
If someone does it. I won't, too much other things to do. But please feel free. A newsletter à la NXT could be another idea.

deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

sorry, i expected more.
It is for mintcoin and devoted to sustainable development. Granted, Dogecoin foundation had a Doge4water initative, but that was just one initiative among others and Dogecoin doesn't have any environmentalism focus by itself (don't make me wrong, the Foundation will not be SOLELY about sustainable development - it will be its main focus, not the only one).
Apart from that, we have some projects already going on. I will talk about some, whilst some other cannot be talked about yet.

(by the way, there is nothing wrong about stolen idea; for start because they are not stolen, since they are not protected; second, because the memetic world is all about imitaiton, as Voltaire famously said it 300 hundred years ago - the Not-Invented-Here syndromes makes more harm than good and what matters is not the innovation, it is the implementation).

Well, a foundation is a great idea. It would get our name out there if we actively supported green energy sources. But at current prices, it would take a whole lot of Mint to make even the smallest impact. Our current market cap has fallen to 1.3 Million.

What say we get that multipool up and running so we might have some value to contribute. I'm just being real here. We are getting trounced by blackcoin. Why? The multipool. That's the only reason, everything about our coin is better; more liquidity, much higher interest, larger community.

\
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:40:54 PM

that is why it does not work for leafcoin. currently.

deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:43:08 PM

Yep, when dogecoin sent the Jamaicans to Sochi they had a market cap of 70 Million. Who are we kidding here?

\
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:44:57 PM

i think it is a great idea. do not get me fully wrong. but deadmanwalking is right i think.

leafcoin has 11 million in their foundation. they convert it to trees, they have a cooperation with the worldwildlife fund and still their price is 1 satoshi.

i dont think it will help increasing value.

but maybe i am wrong. lets hope so.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:45:54 PM

One thing that may not be clear for everyone: we are talking about an officially sanctionned, legally-recognised Fund under the French jurisdiction (with all the tax-deductible thing also). Not a Facebook fan page or the like.
If you want to read (or stress-test) the bylaws, follow the mintcointalk page link above.

deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:46:30 PM

Havent been updated in a while Deadman can you please tell me what updates we need?

Like wallet, etc?

I'm not on the team. Here's a link to the wishlist: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,263.0.html

I'm currently working to collect the bounty on the Android wallet.  There is still some work to do in the mintcoinj library but the front-end is almost finished.  Here are the current screenshots:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

Thanks to mrqu1cky it looks like we're getting close to an android wallet- a MAJOR development!

Thanks to dille71 we have an offer from a legitimate multipool operator to develop a multipool that pays out in Mint: The pool is  HashCow
https://hashco.ws/

I believe the developer should pay any requested bounty, but if you wish to contribute you can do so here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/20vtiy/bounty_for_a_new_multipool/

Edit: Anyone who visits the reddit page please make sure to at least upvote it. Bitcoin has a gazzilion multipools paying into it daily, why shouldn't we have at least one? If you don't have a reddit account you can set one up in seconds, you don't even need to put in an email address.

For those who wish to support the multi-pool. Hopefully the development team can get behind this and stop ignoring pleas from the community.

\
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:48:46 PM

One thing that may not be clear for everyone: we are talking about an officially sanctionned, legally-recognised Fund under the French jurisdiction (with all the tax-deductible thing also). Not a Facebook fan page or the like.
If you want to read (or stress-test) the bylaws, follow the mintcointalk page link above.

that does not matter so much. i can setup a (legal) official charity fund as well. quite easily. the price of mintcoin matters and the amount donated to the funds. also cooperation with large charity organisations/other sustainability funds helps.

any progress on that?

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

For those who wish to support the multi-pool. Hopefully the development team can get behind this and stop ignoring pleas from the community.
I told you "wait for next week" Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: