Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:40:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:14:59 PM

One thing that may not be clear for everyone: we are talking about an officially sanctionned, legally-recognised Fund under the French jurisdiction (with all the tax-deductible thing also). Not a Facebook fan page or the like.
If you want to read (or stress-test) the bylaws, follow the mintcointalk page link above.
This is good because it means individuals and corporations can save millions in taxes by being involved with the endowment fund for charity (legally).

David, can you clarify one thing please. You state the fund is officially sanctioned and legally recognized, are you saying it is LEGALLY REGISTERED with French authorities? This is what's implied.

If legally REGISTERED with French authorities (meaning individuals are held accountable and responsible for said actions ) this is great news.

If it's not a registered fund or foundation, doesn't mean much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:15:04 PM

One thing that may not be clear for everyone: we are talking about an officially sanctionned, legally-recognised Fund under the French jurisdiction (with all the tax-deductible thing also). Not a Facebook fan page or the like.
If you want to read (or stress-test) the bylaws, follow the mintcointalk page link above.
This is good because it means individuals and corporations can save millions in taxes by being involved with the endowment fund for charity (legally).

why would these corporations not donate directly in fiat? the whole cryptocurrency thing is about not having to pay tax. only when the fund is converted back to fiat ( depends by whom ) taxes may/maynot be paid. depends on organisation structure. i cannot see why there would be a need to register this fund officially. can someone elaborate/explain.
They probably would donate directly in fiat. But then it could be changed into Mintcoin by the endowment fund. Price of Mintcoin could rise a TON if millions are converted to Mintcoin.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:16:36 PM

David, can you clarify one thing please. You state the fund is officially sanctioned and legally recognized, are you saying it is LEGALLY REGISTERED with French authorities? This is what's implied.

If legally REGISTERED with French authorities (meaning individuals are held accountable and responsible for said actions ) this is great news.

Yes. We need to get it registered asap. When will it be registered?

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
thisisit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:18:27 PM

why would these corporations not donate directly in fiat? the whole cryptocurrency thing is about not having to pay tax. only when the fund is converted back to fiat ( depends by whom ) taxes may/maynot be paid. depends on organisation structure. i cannot see why there would be a need to register this fund officially. can someone elaborate/explain.
They probably would donate directly in fiat. But then it could be changed into Mintcoin by the endowment fund. Price of Mintcoin could rise a TON if millions are converted to Mintcoin.

what i mean to say is: corporations will donate directly to charities, without going over the mintcoin foundation( fund ). how are you going to change this? what is the unique value? trying to figure out if i should invest or not. all is very vague. launching a fund is one thing, actually getting it being used is a second thing.

any coin that makes me a profit.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:24:43 PM

To be clear:
1 . The Fund is not registered yet. Monday, I will go to the administration and get it registered (it will take one month to take effect)
2. It will be registered as in "if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail". Guess who will be this person? That should give you an idea of my commitment.
3. The higher the mintcoin price, the less of the premine will have to be used (nah, the French administration won't accept mintcoins Smiley)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:27:56 PM

Yes. We need to get it registered asap. When will it be registered?
Unsurprisingly, the actual person held responsible for it will be me (I could even go to jail if something goes wrong, so that gives you an idea of my commitment).

So the question was " Is it a registered fund or foundation? ". Simple yes or no answer will do.
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:31:38 PM

To be clear:
1 . The Fund is not registered yet. Monday, I will go to the administration and get it registered (it will take one month to take effect)
2. It will be registered as in "if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail". Guess who will be this person? That should give you an idea of my commitment.
3. The higher the mintcoin price, the less of the premine will have to be used (nah, the French administration won't accept mintcoins Smiley)

ah and how are you going to provide transparency? are you going to open books? is the administration public?

"if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail" if you loose say 10-100million mint.

you cant go to jail? since it is not a currency.. or commodity for that matter.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:34:57 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:05:24 PM by David Latapie

what i mean to say is: corporations will donate directly to charities, without going over the mintcoin foundation( fund ). how are you going to change this? what is the unique value? trying to figure out if i should invest or not.
Exactly like a startup tries to succeed in a crowded environment: find a way to be unique, like, for instance, actually donating money to a project.
Example: the Northern California reforestation effort could get a matching contribution from the State (tokyopotato for details). Small project, small but actual money. The community echoes this and look for other projets, whilst in the meantime our beloved dev continue getting merchant adoption.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:37:05 PM

reforestation? are you kidding me?

ShibeonBarkmont

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:38:26 PM

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400.0  Join the conversation over at Mintcointalk Smiley
acceptance2

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

To be clear:

ah and how are you going to provide transparency? are you going to open books?

"if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail" if you loose say 10-100million mint.

If it's registered with a public entity (any representative agency of government) it's public information. In the name of transparency I look forward to seeing a copy of the official application posted here for all to see. This will go a long way in showing people everything is on the up and up.
thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:40:19 PM

To be clear:

ah and how are you going to provide transparency? are you going to open books?

If it's registered with a public entity (any representative agency of government) it's public information. In the name of transparency I look forward to seeing a copy of the official application posted here for all to see. This will go a long way in showing people everything is on the up and up.

yes, for fiat currency. i know. but how about the mintcoin transactions. how to provide transparency on that. is it going to be transparent as the premine? also i am amazed by the reforestation thing. that is definately an area of another coin.

Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:45:58 PM

Oh, now you hate trees too? Or do you just hate land being converted to forests? Either way, your comments are very insightful. CLEARLY you are a standup individual. I've stopped ignoring you thisisit - your insight is priceless. Literally, it has no price.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:46:28 PM

ah and how are you going to provide transparency? are you going to open books? is the administration public?
The French administration is as public as the US or Finnish administration. But I guess you mean: will actual movement of money be public?
To this question, the answer is: the "general interest" status (which makes a Fund eligible for tax-deduction) requires financial transparency

For the gory details, here's the law:
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexteArticle.do;jsessionid=BB1390703E5A853F096A1039ECE78975.tpdjo04v_3?idArticle=LEGIARTI000019285221&cidTexte=LEGITEXT000019284897&dateTexte=20140322
This part in particular:

VI.-Le fonds de dotation établit chaque année des comptes qui comprennent au moins un bilan et un compte de résultat. Ces comptes sont publiés au plus tard dans un délai de six mois suivant l'expiration de l'exercice. Le fonds nomme au moins un commissaire aux comptes et un suppléant, choisis sur la liste mentionnée à l'article L. 822-1 du code de commerce, dès lors que le montant total de ses ressources dépasse 10 000 euros en fin d'exercice.
In plain English: at least once an year, the fund must publish financial results. If there is more than 10.000€ of ressources at the end of the fiscal year, an external auditor must be mandated too.

"if something goes wrong, the person held accountable can go to jail" if you loose say 10-100million mint you cant go to jail? since it is not a currency.. or commodity for that matter.
If I do something illegal, like abusing peoples confidence in a harmful way (asking for fiat money is), then yes. Bad accountancy, abuse of power... may also bring me to jail. Much like any registered company everwhere in the world.

Of course, if the Fund only get mintcoins, the problem is less important. Abuse of power would not lead to jail, but more to get a fine. Now, if EUR or other fiat are involved (for instance, mintcoin to euro), then going to jail is possible again (although unlikely; a fine is more probable).

Needless to say, I will need support, people. I'm not talking of financial support, but moral support. This is quite a burden, even for experienced people, to run a registered organisation.

thisisit

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:50:57 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:02:03 PM by thisisit

Oh, now you hate trees too? Or do you just hate land being converted to forests? Either way, your comments are very insightful. CLEARLY you are a standup individual. I've stopped ignoring you thisisit - your insight is priceless. Literally, it has no price.

maybe you should read before you reply. i actually own multiple businesses so i know what a "burden" it can be. nevertheless, good luck on it.

i will first see how it goes. especially since reforestation is another coins expertise as well. that coin is low on price currently, but i know they are working on many things as well.

however, i am still feeling like mintcoin is always a step behind. looking too much at other coins...

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:52:01 PM

I am not.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:55:25 PM

Not necessarily. The French law for association loi 1901 (VERY common in France) doesn't require financial information to be public (same goes for private company, those which are not on the stock exchange) - the only public thing is the name, location and goal of the association.

But this won't be an association (association is similar to charities in UK, don't know for US). This will be an endowment fund. And endowment fund ALWAYS have public accountancy.

So, bottom line: acceptance2, you are right here Smiley

acceptance2

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:58:32 PM

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400.0  Join the conversation over at Mintcointalk Smiley

Much better to keep the discussion on a public forum. Directing the discussion to a forum controlled by insiders means they ultimately control the direction of discussion - not healthy for any organization - definitely not in the interest of Mintcoin holders (shareholders).
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:59:59 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:16:16 PM by David Latapie

yes, for fiat currency. i know. but how about the mintcoin transactions. how to provide transparency on that. is it going to be transparent as the premine? also i am amazed by the reforestation thing. that is definately an area of another coin.
Crypto are off-limit if sent as such (which doesn't impede publication, it is just not mandatory). But if cryptos are converted to fiat, it works. Granted, conversion comes with a loss of money (two losses, because I will not use MINT to USD exchange, but MINT to BTC to EUR since the Fund will be in the Eurozone), but it may also increase legitimacy. This is a work-in-progress, inputs welcomed (here http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=400)

Regarding reforesting being another coin's area: it is just a coincidence. We happen to have an interesting scheme here (someone working on this field and able to get a matching contribution). If it have been about helping organic agriculture in South America, it would have been the same.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 08:04:36 PM

Yes please. I will monitor mintcointalk.com in priority.

Pages: « 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 [513] 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: