Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:06:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:55:47 PM

For those who wish to support the multi-pool. Hopefully the development team can get behind this and stop ignoring pleas from the community.
I told you "wait for next week" Smiley

Don't tease me David. A little more info if you please?? Gimme somethin' to beleive in! I really like the idea of supporting green energy-Is that what the fund is about?

Everything is too vague. Please answer a couple questions:

1.What will the foundations funds be used for?

2.When can we expect a multi-pool?

I had a dream last night that mint was worth more than 100,000 satoshi, don't shatter my dreams man!

\

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Honourablequest

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:59:04 PM

Well, a foundation is a great idea. It would get our name out there if we actively supported green energy sources. But at current prices, it would take a whole lot of Mint to make even the smallest impact. Our current market cap has fallen to 1.3 Million.

What say we get that multipool up and running so we might have some value to contribute. I'm just being real here. We are getting trounced by blackcoin. Why? The multipool. That's the only reason, everything about our coin is better; more liquidity, much higher interest, larger community.

I support - first increase coin value via a multi-pool and then create a foundation to support green ideas backed by a strong Mintcoin.

Mintcoin to the Moon!

PS:

I see a lot of members asking for more info on the POS Mining - I have coin more than 20 days in wallet and have not received any (wallet updated and unlocked) so as previously requested "add a help file and/or FAQ to the wallet to explain the "mining" of mint coin in easy to understand language (with pictures if possible)"

Also if the 20days can be reduced to 1 day - even if payouts are less will also help.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:01:00 PM

Don't tease me David. A little more info if you please?? Gimme somethin' to beleive in! I really like the idea of supporting green energy-Is that what the fund is about?

I had a dream last night that mint was worth more than 100,000 satoshi, don't shatter my dreams man!
1. For various projects related to sustainable developments. The list of projects and the priorisations of action will be decided by the community. Final decision (from a shortlist) may be decided by an "inner core" (Board of Directors, or Working Board, legally speaking - this will depend on the amount of control we want to have upon this). I think we should enforce every project to be announced on one particular topic on mintcointalk (for easier referencing) but that's just a proposal.

2. See my PM.

For other people reading this: the reason why I am secretive is that I don't like to announce things which may not happen. No other reasons. If announcing prematurely could help things to happen, I would happily announce them straight away.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Will links to these new discussion topics in different venues be placed on this thread for user convenience?
If someone does it. I won't, too much other things to do. But please feel free. A newsletter à la NXT could be another idea.

Ok, thanks.

This appears to be a serious development for MINT. I was hoping something like this would be in the pipeline but this actually exceeded my expectations.

And I am also glad to see that the nagging questions about the premine have been answered definitely and now we can move beyond that.

Excellent work, I applaud your efforts and will follow the topic on mintcoin talk as well.
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:08:04 PM

For those who wish to support the multi-pool. Hopefully the development team can get behind this and stop ignoring pleas from the community.
I told you "wait for next week" Smiley

I had a similar dream and I'm not making this up or exaggerating. If you look at my other posts, I have been having dreams about Mintcoin prices. I looked at Litecoin prices and they went up to 25,000,000 satoshis with Mintcoin rising up to 3,000,000 satoshis. There were huge buy orders too (100BTC) because Mintcoin caught the eye of some Wall Street investors. There was a panic buy-in and bid wars. In the dream, I kept telling myself to, "Wake up! Wake up now and sell some Mintcoins off!"
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:12:13 PM

mintcointalk or reddit thread is OK ...
I am not much into reddit so I did not think about it. But yes, reddit shall be updated too. Who will be in charge of this? We need a CM for reddit. So far, we have these potential candidates (that's the whole CM team, save for chris who is devoted to mintcointalk.com since he created it):
ShibeonBarkmont
Jany8293
Sylon
kopam
greentea

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:12:30 PM

Havent been updated in a while Deadman can you please tell me what updates we need?

Like wallet, etc?

I'm not on the team. Here's a link to the wishlist: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,263.0.html

I'm currently working to collect the bounty on the Android wallet.  There is still some work to do in the mintcoinj library but the front-end is almost finished.  Here are the current screenshots:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwpkXqmxmdGScm9lb21pTXhuS00&usp=sharing

Thanks to mrqu1cky it looks like we're getting close to an android wallet- a MAJOR development!

Thanks to dille71 we have an offer from a legitimate multipool operator to develop a multipool that pays out in Mint: The pool is  HashCow
https://hashco.ws/

I believe the developer should pay any requested bounty, but if you wish to contribute you can do so here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/20vtiy/bounty_for_a_new_multipool/

Edit: Anyone who visits the reddit page please make sure to at least upvote it. Bitcoin has a gazzilion multipools paying into it daily, why shouldn't we have at least one? If you don't have a reddit account you can set one up in seconds, you don't even need to put in an email address.

A better multipool would be great. I know a lot of people who would want to get some Mintcoins, but they don't want to 'pay' for it. They said that it would be risky if they had to put their money into it and they said they wouldn't mind turning their miners on to get it for them. They get cheap or free electricity and their miners are already paid off. This would dramatically increase distribution of Mintcoin and buy pressure would be a pleasant side effect.
wasamata

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:14:21 PM

No kidding a few weeks ago my dad had a dream this coin was worth 10$ each. No ramp or bs, just saying, funny how a bunch have had this dream about mint.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:14:52 PM

any progress on that?
We have one potentially interested. Being faithful to my own policy, I won't mention name before it is done.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:17:37 PM

I see a lot of members asking for more info on the POS Mining - I have coin more than 20 days in wallet and have not received any (wallet updated and unlocked) so as previously requested "add a help file and/or FAQ to the wallet to explain the "mining" of mint coin in easy to understand language (with pictures if possible)"
I understand the necessity for this, but I don't have the motivation to do it myself. bjmillican4 and tokyopotato mentioned they are good at writing documentation.

Also if the 20days can be reduced to 1 day - even if payouts are less will also help.
This is dev thing, I can't answer. I believe the idea is to prevent short-term mentality (long-term mentality is a part of sustainable development).

deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:21:46 PM

I read somewhere on reddit that changing the staking time would require a fork. 20 days really isn't that long, and if you're like me you mint several times a month anyway because of different dates on deposits.

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:26:51 PM

any progress on that?
We have one potentially interested. Being faithful to my own policy, I won't mention name before it is done.

This is in regards to a multi-pool. Just in case the one in the works falls through, make sure and head over to Reddit to show your support. There are 4 separate threads mentioning the multi-pool, upvote and comment in each one if you support it. Making a Reddit account does not require giving them you email. Couldn't be easier.

A lot of people use Reddit, It wouldn't hurt to have some migration headed that way. Subscribe and post here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/

\
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

Thank you David for the updates. It's good to hear that things are coming along. As a community I feel it's also important for each person to try to not just rely on the developers but do what they can to help promote the coin. Such as getting on social media getting the word out and contacting businesses and news media with information. Bitcoin has been a pretty big topic in the news lately so anything related such as Mintcoin should get coverage if presented right especially with the Eco friendly nature of Mintcoin
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:35:14 PM

Alright (I am getting impatient, I decide after just three persons Smiley)

The main topic will be on mintcointalk but one of the first duty will be to keep some intersperced discussions on bitcointalk for getting some newcomers to know it (I will hardly be able to handle this, this will be a job for the commmunity management team).

Here is the text I just wrote on mintcointalk.com. Since this is the first one, I will copy it in its entirety but please reply there in the future (that's topic #400, btw): Mintcoin Fund.

Hi everyone,
Project F is finally unveiled. I told you (and the dev told you also earlier) that it would be huge and it is.
Much like bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin, we are opening up a foundation.
The Mintcoin Fund (for legal reason, it could not be named Foundation) will focus on promoting Mintcoin and sustainable development initiative. Excerpt from the bylaws (translated, the official text is in French) :
The goal of Mintcoin Fund is to promote the Mintcoin cryptocurrency and its underlying goal of reducing humany environmental footprint.
Legally speaking, this will be an endowment fund under the French Law. It will be open to anyone with no distinction of nationality or even age (although some responsabilites will be off-limit for non-emancipated minors).
There is no entrance fee. Everything is open to consideration. Here are some of the topic already considered:
  • an official escrow service. It will deal only in mintcoin, and will either be free of charge or fees will be donated to the Mintcoin Fund (which in turn MIGHT compensate the
  • Mintcoin Fund actually handling the escrow, but nothing for sure — if we can automate the process, we could avoid this).
This thread will be the main topic of discussion. Much like the ANN on bitcointalk, I believe a single very large topic draws more attention than several small topic (people judge by the amount of pages).

It will be necessary to regularly update advancements on the bitcointalk page too, at least for getting more persons involved.

Another brillant news (althoug less huge, I'd say) will be announced next week. Stay tuned!
Happy to have woken up to this good news Smiley Long term future of Mint is looking great, and that's what I'm here for.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 06:37:56 PM

any progress on that?
This is in regards to a multi-pool. Just in case the one in the works falls through, make sure and head over to Reddit to show your support. There are 4 separate threads mentioning the multi-pool, upvote and comment in each one if you support it. Making a Reddit account does not require giving them you email. Couldn't be easier.

A lot of people use Reddit, It wouldn't hurt to have some migration headed that way. Subscribe and post here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/
ShibeonBarkmont is the one supposed to handle everything reddit-related (at least, this is what is on my file). ShibeonBarkmont, are you there? If someone else wishes to handle Reddit-related things, please tell me, I will update my list.

coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:03:10 PM

Project F: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,400.msg1833.html#msg1833

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:05:27 PM

One thing that may not be clear for everyone: we are talking about an officially sanctionned, legally-recognised Fund under the French jurisdiction (with all the tax-deductible thing also). Not a Facebook fan page or the like.
If you want to read (or stress-test) the bylaws, follow the mintcointalk page link above.
This is good because it means individuals and corporations can save millions in taxes by being involved with the endowment fund for charity (legally).

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:08:26 PM

One thing that may not be clear for everyone: we are talking about an officially sanctionned, legally-recognised Fund under the French jurisdiction (with all the tax-deductible thing also). Not a Facebook fan page or the like.
If you want to read (or stress-test) the bylaws, follow the mintcointalk page link above.
This is good because it means individuals and corporations can save millions in taxes by being involved with the endowment fund for charity (legally).
Exactly. But I am deeply aware this won't happen anytime soon. We'll need to have a history of successful project first (Northern California reforestation comes to my mind).

thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:10:05 PM

why would these corporations not donate directly in fiat? the whole cryptocurrency thing is about not having to pay tax. only when the fund is converted back to fiat ( depends by whom ) taxes may/maynot be paid. depends on organisation structure. i cannot see why there would be a need to register this fund officially. can someone elaborate/explain.

any coin that makes me a profit.
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:13:32 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 07:31:20 PM by David Latapie

why would these corporations not donate directly in fiat? the whole cryptocurrency thing is about not having to pay tax. only when the fund is converted back to fiat ( depends by whom ) taxes may/maynot be paid. depends on organisation structure. i cannot see why there would be a need to register this fund officially. can someone elaborate.
They WILL be donated in FIAT, since cryptos have no legal value yet - at least, as long as corporations want tax-deductability.

Internally, we'll receive fiat and convert it to mint. Hopefully this will drive up the price of mintcoin. Then a project will either be paid in mintcoin or in fiat (thus, a second conversion). We might propose a bonus for those projects willing to be paid in Mintcoin. Legally speaking, this will have to be investigated.

For now, the primary reason for an official fund is legitimacy/visibility.

Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: