Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:49:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Party Hard

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:05:34 AM

How is mint just a copy clone? Mint is the first coin to implement PoW/PoS hybrid that goes to 1 coin PoW after the initial PoW phase. Mint is also the first PoW/PoS coin to have a coin cap. The combination of these makes MINT superior in energy efficiency and ability to retain value without being inflated away due to the coin cap. This is a combination of many of the best features of many prior coins, (speed, coin cap, energy efficient, fair distribution) and the combination of such features is what make it new innovation.
I like this argument coolbeans. I'm going to send it to my friends as a reason to invest in Mint.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:14:48 AM

Ok guys I've been following this thread since the coin existed I bought in at 5 sat and sold at 50 made a nice profit now I hold 1.5mil I'm trying to figure out why you guys seem to think the price will skyrocket? What makes mint so much more special than any other coin!? I mean pos? Really? What good is that when you get orphans or what not? A little explanation other than we have a strong community we have merchants etc..... I don't see anything major that would make the price go up. Not being a troll just trying to understand.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
rmoraos

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:22:05 AM

Ok guys I've been following this thread since the coin existed I bought in at 5 sat and sold at 50 made a nice profit now I hold 1.5mil I'm trying to figure out why you guys seem to think the price will skyrocket? What makes mint so much more special than any other coin!? I mean pos? Really? What good is that when you get orphans or what not? A little explanation other than we have a strong community we have merchants etc..... I don't see anything major that would make the price go up. Not being a troll just trying to understand.

You named the reasons. There is not reason to sell, else hold and profit after. Mintcoin each day is more useful and you will buy more things and services, and you gain more mintcoins only by hold them.

Best Regards.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
jtsnau

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:22:25 AM

Ok guys I've been following this thread since the coin existed I bought in at 5 sat and sold at 50 made a nice profit now I hold 1.5mil I'm trying to figure out why you guys seem to think the price will skyrocket? What makes mint so much more special than any other coin!?

Why do Christians believe they'll go to heaven?
Why do Buddhists & Hindus believe they'll be reincarnated?
jtsnau

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:29:34 AM

You named the reasons. There is not reason to sell, else hold and profit after. Mintcoin each day is more useful and you will buy more things and services, and you gain more mintcoins only by hold them.

Best Regards.

"There is no reason to sell"
- If the price drops further, you would lose money.  So there actually is a reason to at least consider selling.

"hold and profit after"
- Only if the price goes up, but there's no indication it will (apart from typical daily fluctuations).

"Mintcoin each day is more useful and you will buy more things and services"
- You could say exactly the same thing about Bitcoin, so Mintcoin has no advantage there

"you gain more mintcoins only by hold them"
- 20% more coins after 12 months looks good in theory, but what good is it if the price of Mintcoin can drop 20% in 1 day?

Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:34:29 AM

The coin is undervalued. It has a phenomenal community and the developers are constantly adding more features and building connections with merchants and establishing a strong and diversified infrastructure. After the whole Gox debacle, the prices will start to rise again (200,000 BTC found).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523917.0

This will cause Mintcoin to rise as well. Also, there is a lot of interest from Wall Street (Fortress, Winklevoss, etc.), this will surge the price of Bitcoin and the altcoin market overall.

The PoS has been great, you get orphans, but you never get shortchanged. You will get 1.095% every 20 days if you don't move your coins. Mintcoin is gonna be a breath of fresh air for the investors and speculators. Crapcoins are going to go down. And when they do, the BTCs will flow into high quality coins like Mintcoin, raising the price.

Also, buy support is increasing again. 11 satoshis, support was at 4BTC, now it's at 6BTC. The support at 10 satoshis was at 19BTC, now it's a bit over 20BTC.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:41:25 AM

As things stabilize more the orphans are becoming less and less, and I don't see what is wrong with a few orphans right now? It's not like anything bad happens. You don't lose coin age or anything. Overall, Mintcoin is faster, more energy efficient, has billions of coins which is a good thing because you don't run into the problem that people have with Bitcoin where they don't want to buy 0.19 of a coin for $100 they want to be able to afford to buy a whole coin - so Mintcoin has better liquidity. Transaction times are faster than Litecoin and fees basically 0. More secure from 51% attack because of the hybrid PoW/PoS.  Mintcoin's energy efficiency cannot be understated. The cost of power consumption for PoW coins such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dodge, et al. is becoming a beast. Proof-of-Work is basically proof of energy consumption which is not sustainable and terrible for the environment. Once Bitcoin and Litecoin hit their max coin caps, then all of those miners will have to try to make their money on transaction fees with is cost prohibitive. Mintcoin solves so many problems it is ridiculous.

Mintcoin doesn't need miners to secure the network, so it is vastly more energy efficient and secure than Bitcoin, relatively speaking.

With Bitcoin/Litecoin/Feathercoin/Namecoin etc, the security of the network is dependent upon the miners, and this will lead to eventual centralization of the networks and security will be reduced over time. With Mintcoin, the coin is designed in such a way so that security will increase over time, and the network will become more decentralized. So due to the design, Peercoin is the most likely to be sustainable, and not waste excess energy. Mintcoin is greener, better for saving our environment and saving electricity, Mintcoin solves the mining arms race problem we are beginning to see with these other coins.

Bitcoin's security relies on miners. As time goes on, Bitcoin will be forced to move transactions "off block-chain". If Bitcoin moves off block-chain, miners cannot be compensated for these transactions. If miners cannot be compensated, they won't mine. If miners don't mine, network security goes down as time goes on. As time goes on, Bitcoin becomes increasingly less secure and more risky to use as a safe-haven to store very large sums of money. Mintcoin's design solves this problem.

MINT is more energy efficient, secure against 51% attack, and enforce transaction fees at protocol level to defend against block bloating attacks. Bitcoin's network is actually a huge waste of energy, and will become less and less attractive as time goes on, less secure as time goes on, and eventually get block bloated. Mintcoin has "Significant" innovation above and beyond Bitcoin and other coins.

Bitcoin, Litecoin, et al. and potentially even Peercoin will suffer from an endless cycle of perpetually needing more and more and MORE mining gear to keep it going...this process is really turning into a beast that can only end badly...and it is never going to end. The worst part about Bitcoin is that Proof-of-Work has basically turned into Proof-of-Electricity. This is going to be a serious energy problem...and only the places with cheap electricity will be able to compete...this will force energy prices perpetually higher and higher.

But now, with Mintcoin, this is completely unnecessary. Mintcoin is evironmentally sustainable, and shows that Bitcoin is just an inefficient coin, a complete waste of money, and resources. I am not against Bitcoin, I love BTC, but I am looking objectively, and I am willing to admit it is not perfect. Mintcoin is much more tailored to surpass it.

Energy efficiency
Security
Transaction speed
Coin cap
Good name
Good distribution

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:45:00 AM

Best Regards.

- If the price drops further, you would lose money.  So there actually is a reason to at least consider selling.

"hold and profit after"
- Only if the price goes up, but there's no indication it will (apart from typical daily fluctuations).

- You could say exactly the same thing about Bitcoin, so Mintcoin has no advantage there

- 20% more coins after 12 months looks good in theory, but what good is it if the price of Mintcoin can drop 20% in 1 day?

You could say the same things about ANY OTHER COIN...  Bitcoin is not invincible....the price of BTC could drop 20% in 1 day etc...Actually the risk/reward ratio is a lot worse for Bitcoin than it is for Mintcoin, imo (as PoW mining is unsustainable and Btc is becoming more and more centralized)

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
ShibeonBarkmont

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:50:36 AM

How has everyone been? I have just been informed of a few projects that are being worked on that are going to be awesome for mint! I will let you all know more as I know more and remember everyone stay fresh Smiley
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:56:48 AM

Just think if mass adoption of bitcoin is achieved mining will be outsourced to third world countries that have cheap electricity.

Is that going to work for the security of the blockchain?
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:03:12 AM

Something else you need to consider:

http://www.coindesk.com/kncminer-accepting-pre-orders-first-scrypt-miner-titan/

Scrypt miners will perpetrate through the network and through the altcoin markets, centralizing hashrate.

This should funnel more BTC into MINT, thereby improving the price.
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:05:23 AM

"Not being a troll just trying to understand."

from all your recent posts it sure looks like all you do is troll
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:15:23 AM

Bounty for a new mintcoin multipool

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/20vtiy/bounty_for_a_new_multipool/

I have been in contact with one of the established multipools and they are willing to get a mintcoin multipool up if we show enough interest!!

Here is what they replied:
"Its an interesting idea.  I saw some doing it with blackcoin recently.   I'd be willing to give it a shot, if you believe you can gather interest in your community and perhaps a bounty could be had.  I've got a lot on my plate atm, but am willing to dedicate some time if it makes sense"

Can we raise some funds for a bounty here?
Send some coins to this address
MqafpHSxDnDMcHg3c4BFf2xpBmCDe64H2Q

I don't have that much mints myself but i donate 100000

http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MqafpHSxDnDMcHg3c4BFf2xpBmCDe64H2Q

The thing to keep in mind is that we have paid a bounty for a multi-pool which is now offline for 2 weeks. The pool operator has shut it down to make improvements. The pool had difficulty working with the most popular mining software.

I'm not against setting up another multi-pool or even paying another bounty, but I think the community would like to see which pool it is we would be working with.

The pool is  HashCow
https://hashco.ws/

Does a good multipool really have no support?

Team members coming around saying they are "working on something big" and I'm working on project "codename" doesn't really inspire people. Only fools follow blindly. If the devs really wanted to do something, they could take some of their coin hoard and get this guy from hashcow to implement a pool that pays out in Mint.  This would cut into the sell walls and drive up price simultaneously. This takes absolutley zero effort from the developers other than parting ways with some of their coin.

In regards to orphan blocks. The client will continue to re-stake coins until the coins are paid out. I've seen this in my own wallet on 2 occasions.

\
rmoraos

Activity: 452

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:19:22 AM

Best Regards.

- If the price drops further, you would lose money.  So there actually is a reason to at least consider selling.

Actually no reason to sell, I mean.

"hold and profit after"

There are many reasons that indicate that Mintcoin is undervalued. If you don't want see, it is your fault. coolbeans94 summary them very well.

Compare with another altcoins, of course. But if you feels more comfortable with bitcoins instead Mintcoins, change them. I think that with the current prices, the growth potential is better than bitcoin.

Indeed, but we, the people in the MOVEMENT, we think that Mintcoin have a bright future in the long term.

▄▄██████████████▄▄
             ▄███████████████████████▄
           █████████████████████████████
         ███▀▀█████▀▀ ██  ██  ▀▀██████████
        ██▀ ▄  ▀      ██  ██      ▀█████████
       █▀ ▄██▀        ██  ██        █████████
      ▀ ▄███▌      ███████████▄▄  ▄███████████
      ▄████▌        ▀██████████████████████████
    ▄██████     ██▄   ▀███████████████████████████▀
  ▄████████    █████▄▄  ▀███████████████████████▀
▄██████████    ████████▄  ▀███████████████████▀
    ███████    ██████████▄   ▀██████████████▀ ▄█
    ███████    ████████████▄▄  ▀██████████▀ ▄███
    ███████▌    ██████████████▄  ▀██████▀ ▄████
     ███████      ██████████████▄  ▀██▀ ▄██████
      ███████▄      ▀██████████▀      ████████
       ████████       ██  ██        █████████
        █████████▄    ██  ██     ▄██████████
          ██████████▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄███████████
            ████████████████████████████
              ▀██████████████████████▀
                  ▀▀████████████▀▀

LocalCoinSwap
   World's Most Inclusive 
         Cryptocurrency Marketplace
[]
██████████████
█████████████████
██░░░░░████████████
██░░░░░██████████████
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
REDDIT
INSTAGRAM
MEDIUM
LINKED IN
STEEMIT
moderndezigns

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:25:24 AM

Devs aren't going to use their "coin hoard" to support multipool as it doesn't fit with the mintcoin eco friendly marketing. If the community wants to support that's another thing. I think it would get support if there was assurance that the multipool or pools would continue running for at least 2 weeks before any bounty is paid or the whole bounty. I think it's silly that someone started a pool in one day then needs two weeks to get it going again
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:36:48 AM

The pool operator has proven his ablility to run a multi pool. Did you click the link?

Also, I don't know why you're putting "coin hoard" in quotation marks as it's plainly stated there was a 1% premine on page 1 of this thread. That equals 700,000,000 coins:

- 1% premine for bounties, giveaways, development, support and maintenance, new feature developments etc

A multi-pool would be a great use of some of those funds.

Remarking on your "eco friendly." How are we supposed to change the crypto world to eco friendly if Mint dies?

I already paid some money for the last multi-pool. It's time for dev to put some skin in the game.

\
needajp

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:00:43 AM

I sense that scrypt mining as it stands now is not going to be too profitable in the near future, with all the asic hype and cost of energy always rising.
If the price of LTC/altcoins don't rise with the difficulty, there will have to be big changes to the market, maybe devs will change their coins to n-scrypt or whatever else to minimize asic mining driving up difficulty like crazy.
This is where I see Mint coming to age. I see a bright future for Mint, if we can be patient and do our part to spread the word.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:08:40 AM

Bounty for a new mintcoin multipool

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/20vtiy/bounty_for_a_new_multipool/

I have been in contact with one of the established multipools and they are willing to get a mintcoin multipool up if we show enough interest!!

Here is what they replied:
"Its an interesting idea.  I saw some doing it with blackcoin recently.   I'd be willing to give it a shot, if you believe you can gather interest in your community and perhaps a bounty could be had.  I've got a lot on my plate atm, but am willing to dedicate some time if it makes sense"

Can we raise some funds for a bounty here?
Send some coins to this address
MqafpHSxDnDMcHg3c4BFf2xpBmCDe64H2Q

I don't have that much mints myself but i donate 100000

http://mint.blockx.info/get/address/MqafpHSxDnDMcHg3c4BFf2xpBmCDe64H2Q

The thing to keep in mind is that we have paid a bounty for a multi-pool which is now offline for 2 weeks. The pool operator has shut it down to make improvements. The pool had difficulty working with the most popular mining software.

I'm not against setting up another multi-pool or even paying another bounty, but I think the community would like to see which pool it is we would be working with.

The pool is  HashCow
https://hashco.ws/

Does a good multipool really have no support?

Team members coming around saying they are "working on something big" and I'm working on project "codename" doesn't really inspire people. Only fools follow blindly. If the devs really wanted to do something, they could take some of their coin hoard and get this guy from hashcow to implement a pool that pays out in Mint.  This would cut into the sell walls and drive up price simultaneously. This takes absolutley zero effort from the developers other than parting ways with some of their coin.

In regards to orphan blocks. The client will continue to re-stake coins until the coins are paid out. I've seen this in my own wallet on 2 occasions.
I sense that scrypt mining as it stands now is not going to be too profitable in the near future, with all the asic hype and cost of energy always rising.
If the price of LTC/altcoins don't rise with the difficulty, there will have to be big changes to the market, maybe devs will change their coins to n-scrypt or whatever else to minimize asic mining driving up difficulty like crazy.
This is where I see Mint coming to age. I see a bright future for Mint, if we can be patient and do our part to spread the word.

Patience in this case is not a virtue. Nothing spreads the word about a coin more than a rising price. Money Talks-Bullshit Walks

Get Dev to Support a Multi Pool!

G'Night

P.S. Developers didn't pay for last MultiPool, but they sure linked to it-reddit, twitter, and front page of this post. Let them pay for this one.

\
moderndezigns

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:53:35 AM

If you're still here I agree it does sound like they should cover this multipool
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:09:50 AM

The dev will offer 3 million mint for a new pool and the guy will laugh and develop for someone else lol.. true story already happened.
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: