Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:41:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369740 times)
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:29:59 AM

.com domain was extremely bad investment in my opinion. For 6500 USD you could have done a whole lot more than this for MINT.
.. if that was indeed the price you paid.

Anyway, modern young people dont give a rats ass if domain is .com or .cc or whatever. Its extremely overrated to have .com.

Price was no where near 6500.  I have bought many domains for sale over the years and 50% is what they HOPE to get.  I was 100% certain that someone would have something negative to say.   I did not ask for your opinion.   Also, it is not the modern young people that it was bought to cater too.  You are living in your own microcosm and probably have zero busienss accumen.   You think small.  You should read the book by Napolean Hill titled "Think and Grow Rich."   Stay off the boards and read that then come back and have a discussion.

Besides, I probably bought it with day trade profits from people like you panic selling into my buy and sell orders.   Shocked Shocked Shocked

I have only good things to say about Bulldog Duke!
$onmymint

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:36:19 AM

Okay Guys - Mint has been very good to me with day trading the past few days and I made a bunch of BTC as I exchanged it out right away and move to my wallet.   With a chunk of the profits for the past few days, I bought the domain www.mintcoin.com
 I won't have control of it for about 7-10 days but, never the less, we have it and can put it to good use.   Being that the dev team is scarce around here, I figure I will post here to help out with getting thing rolling.   Ideas, who to contact, what to do with it, etc??

Great move  Cheesy , i hope you know a bit of web design because we don't want to scare people away with ugly website's Tongue

Well, I do not design sites at all.  I own 4 business that all have ecomerce sites.  I have a team in India do them for me.  However, I have no plans to build this domain.  It was bought for a few reasons:

1.  To control it.
2.  Use it for benificial reasons.

I know the trolls are out and have zero clue.  But contolling the flow of information that could be posted to the .com and preventing negative media is more valuable than owning it.  To the clueless troll, here is a little history lesson.  When YouTube came on the seen, people who only heard the name were going to www.utube.com and it was a pipe manufacturing company.    http://www.utube.com  They immediatle started getting 100's of thousand accidental hits a day and quicly started selling ads and moved the real business to another site.  Look at the site now!  The pipe company has their banner at top but they are printing money becasue YouTube was stupid in the name choice and did not do their homework upfront.  So, to the troll, I tell you again, go read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill.  Also, you are playing checkers while I am playing chess.   When you are done with the Napolean Hill book, then read The Art of War ------- then come back and let's talk!

I'm not such a reader Grin
Bulldog_Duke

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:38:19 AM

Okay Guys - Mint has been very good to me with day trading the past few days and I made a bunch of BTC as I exchanged it out right away and move to my wallet.   With a chunk of the profits for the past few days, I bought the domain www.mintcoin.com
 I won't have control of it for about 7-10 days but, never the less, we have it and can put it to good use.   Being that the dev team is scarce around here, I figure I will post here to help out with getting thing rolling.   Ideas, who to contact, what to do with it, etc??

Great move  Cheesy , i hope you know a bit of web design because we don't want to scare people away with ugly website's Tongue

Well, I do not design sites at all.  I own 4 business that all have ecomerce sites.  I have a team in India do them for me.  However, I have no plans to build this domain.  It was bought for a few reasons:

1.  To control it.
2.  Use it for benificial reasons.

I know the trolls are out and have zero clue.  But contolling the flow of information that could be posted to the .com and preventing negative media is more valuable than owning it.  To the clueless troll, here is a little history lesson.  When YouTube came on the seen, people who only heard the name were going to www.utube.com and it was a pipe manufacturing company.    http://www.utube.com  They immediatle started getting 100's of thousand accidental hits a day and quicly started selling ads and moved the real business to another site.  Look at the site now!  The pipe company has their banner at top but they are printing money becasue YouTube was stupid in the name choice and did not do their homework upfront.  So, to the troll, I tell you again, go read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napolean Hill.  Also, you are playing checkers while I am playing chess.   When you are done with the Napolean Hill book, then read The Art of War ------- then come back and let's talk!

I'm not such a reader Grin

LOL - My Bad --  that part was meant for Kergekoin, not you/
Bulldog_Duke

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:44:08 AM

BTW, for anyone remotely interested, I moved most of my rigs to mine blackcoin about 12 hours ago.  The coin will be 100% mined in less than a week so I figured I may as well grab some rather than wish I had.  Not promoting the coin at all here.....just letting you know.  Also. mining at greekpool.   All smooth with good payouts.  After 24 hours, back to 100% mint if difficulty is not prohibitive.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.0
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:44:23 AM

Bulldog_Duke

You're completely right about controlling the .com domain. Just wanted to add another thanks to the pile.

\
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:01:13 AM

You assume too much and speak of what you do not know.
Trying to justify your decision by making example like of utube? Really?
Yes, Google made a huge mistake by not getting utube.com. Thats why they are worth "only" over 400B USD.
There are thousands of companies who ride on the glory of Google. Comparing MINT to Google is like comparing Sun Tzu to You.

Having said that. I agree that having .com domain is better than not having .com domain. Cant argue with that.
 Smiley

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Alty

Activity: 714

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:06:25 AM

@Bulldog_Duke, good news for the .com (pm sent).

Main Development Updates:

Merchant Social Lobby

Building is well underway for a website that is largely based on kickstarter. We will select a number of merchants and you'll be able to vote with your MINT to purchase products from the merchants website. Once we have a certain number of MINT voters, we will present the information to the merchant and say something along the lines of; right now there are x amount of people willing to spend x amount of Mintcoin on your products / services - this presents x value in $, do you want this business?

Mintcoin Website

SEO optimisations and search engine submissions are being made to increase organic traffic. Banners for advertising are also being designed.
Cloudfare was introduced yesterday with the aim to improve loading times and it seems to be doing the job.

Protocol

Testnet has been built (new genesis block for this purpose) and we are putting the PoS through it's paces. We are trying to stay one step ahead and diagnose / fix bugs before they happen!

Wallets

Newly designed wallet is on it's way. There are extra features being included in the wallet itself such as hyperlinks to the main website or forums. We will add as much cools stuff to the wallet as we can, one step at a time.

Automint

This is also in development. The idea is a kind of wrapper for minting with the wallet. Its purpose is to let you mint occasionally without the hassle of -under Windows- open a dos prompt, going to exe folder, type in the unlock command+passphrase to unlock wallet. I know you can just open the console in the wallet, but you still have to type in the command and passphrase. The goal is: AutoMint=no hassle. You launch it, indicate path to wallet and type in your passphrase only once at the first launch, then it is stored encrypted and no longer have to type it in. Option to set an unlock time, then autoclose.

All these things and many more are being worked on right now.

koprobo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:10:01 AM

Can I ask about status of my proposal from 2 weeks ago about cooperation with Linux Mint devs to receive donations Smiley? Now they are receiving in BTC but it could be nice to have mints.
Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:31:40 AM

Can I ask about status of my proposal from 2 weeks ago about cooperation with Linux Mint devs to receive donations Smiley? Now they are receiving in BTC but it could be nice to have mints.

To answer this question publicly, they are exactly of the kind of service we can rally to get on board with us and accept MINT.

Any more suggestions are welcome.
Kergekoin

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:43:08 AM

@Bulldog_Duke, good news for the .com (pm sent).

Main Development Updates:

Merchant Social Lobby

Building is well underway for a website that is largely based on kickstarter. We will select a number of merchants and you'll be able to vote with your MINT to purchase products from the merchants website. Once we have a certain number of MINT voters, we will present the information to the merchant and say something along the lines of; right now there are x amount of people willing to spend x amount of Mintcoin on your products / services - this presents x value in $, do you want this business?

Mintcoin Website

SEO optimisations and search engine submissions are being made to increase organic traffic. Banners for advertising are also being designed.
Cloudfare was introduced yesterday with the aim to improve loading times and it seems to be doing the job.

Protocol

Testnet has been built (new genesis block for this purpose) and we are putting the PoS through it's paces. We are trying to stay one step ahead and diagnose / fix bugs before they happen!

Wallets

Newly designed wallet is on it's way. There are extra features being included in the wallet itself such as hyperlinks to the main website or forums. We will add as much cools stuff to the wallet as we can, one step at a time.

Automint

This is also in development. The idea is a kind of wrapper for minting with the wallet. Its purpose is to let you mint occasionally without the hassle of -under Windows- open a dos prompt, going to exe folder, type in the unlock command+passphrase to unlock wallet. I know you can just open the console in the wallet, but you still have to type in the command and passphrase. The goal is: AutoMint=no hassle. You launch it, indicate path to wallet and type in your passphrase only once at the first launch, then it is stored encrypted and no longer have to type it in. Option to set an unlock time, then autoclose.

All these things and many more are being worked on right now.

About automint. This could probably be integrated in qt client and not as a separate application..?

About Testnet. Did you only shorten the periods or did you do more changes? Theres no way to fully simulate PoS+PoW progress with testnet unless you have same parameters and same hash power as in real. Im sure you know that. You can only test if the variables change as they are meant to be.

About Merchant Social Lobby. This is good idea. I like it a lot.

About new wallet look (screenshot posted earlier). I dont fancy the round corners very much. Also the green overlay should be bit darker?  However im not sure how many will agree with me.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:43:46 AM

And the blocks keep coming ! In such a nice est. share % Wink

mint.poolerino.com - 0% Fee - nothing less.
Kergekoin

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:48:50 AM

Mikellev, stop. You are getting annoying. Spamming this on each page will create contradictive feelings about your service.
Thank you.

Alty

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:53:43 AM

About automint. This could probably be integrated in qt client and not as a separate application..?

About Testnet. Did you only shorten the periods or did you do more changes? Theres no way to fully simulate PoS+PoW progress with testnet unless you have same parameters and same hash power as in real. Im sure you know that. You can only test if the variables change as they are meant to be.

About Merchant Social Lobby. This is good idea. I like it a lot.

About new wallet look (screenshot posted earlier). I dont fancy the round corners very much. Also the green overlay should be bit darker?  However im not sure how many will agree with me.

Automint. Yes it is to be integrated into qt client.

Testnet. I asked a similar question this morning (to the protocol consultant) and am waiting on a response. I will answer that better with a correct response once I hear back.

New Wallet. Don't worry we were not 100% happy with that design either. We are reworking that last look, also the logo looked out of place on that wallet. You'll see the new design later today as I'll post it up here.
matoy

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 10:55:18 AM

Why is mint holding steady while BTC crashes?

Even though trade volume nearly halved?
'

Mint is traded in BTC so it crashed with it.

I wouldn't call 40 satoshi a crash. More like a correction.

Was expecting 20 sat prices after mtgox tbh.

What are your predictions on the price in a few days?

Why were you expecting that? BTC is going down in flames, mint pow phase is ending. I'd rather have mint than BTC.

Are you a fucking idiot? Mt. Gox is going down and has been, they are being bought out.
Have a peek at Coinbase prices, they are 534.00 USD per BTC as are other BTC exchanges.

I remember when I first heard of BTC it was 10 cents per Bitcoin.

Mint will not replace BTC, without BTC Alt currency is worthless.

You can't say that like it's a fact, it is unlikely but nobody knows what will replace Bitcoin if anything.

No, it is a fact. MINT is directly tied to bitcoin. Until MINT gets it's own usd-to-mint exchange, it cannot "replace" bitcoin.

I'm pretty sure you can trade USD for RMB and RMB for MINT. So yes Bitcoin is not needed.

I think you need a bit more time and experience within the Crypto currency world.  Roll Eyes

some exchanges allow to trade doge/usd or doge/€ without using bitcoin;
you can trade doge/other altcoins on the many exchanges without using bitcoin either.

that very same option might happen to MINT but for that, it must continue to take importance (meaning people bying).
and you must give it some time. the pow-to-pos transition is quite original comparing to many other alcoins, we'll see how mintcoin live it.

but no, bitcoin is not a necessary to the crypto currencies to exist; in my opinion it could be easily replaced.

Hash with us and mine fresh coins @ http://www.coins4everyone.com
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:01:02 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:20:40 AM by David Latapie

I am on the extended dev team. I will PM.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
matoy

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:02:36 AM

-> Come on to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com!

To get plenty of fresh MintCoins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://mnt.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3445
Algorithm: scrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password
and then relax... We take care of the rest!

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* incredible uptime
* dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection
* only 1% fee
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com and let’s spread hashrate! ;-)

Hash with us and mine fresh coins @ http://www.coins4everyone.com
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 11:06:34 AM

Are you in team or are you just another speculator?
Not in team but we're welcoming new people! PM for list of positions available.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Colaxais

Activity: 50

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:20:31 AM

Anyone else had issues with http://mint.hashrapid.com/ ?
They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:22:33 AM

Anyone else had issues with http://mint.hashrapid.com/ ?
They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.

I had no problems getting my coins of the old server.
Ceois

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:38:16 AM

Hey guys!! I'm new to the whole cryptocurrency concept but after reading and going through some coins i don't know but i think you guys might have something here with Mint Coin. I know it was probably answered 1000 times but can i mine with a normal I5, ATI Radeon 6850?

I've been reading this topic for some days now and i like how passionate you guys are about this coin. This is one of the reasons i think it will grow bigger because you seem willing to do whatever it costs to make it mainstream!

I hope that you will decide to change the logo because it doesn't stand out nor it looks that good.

Anyway thanks for your commitment and i will be sure to try and spread the word as much as possible.

Also if you are willing to spread some love on me here is my wallet address MkXfFjqWbAF8n4Y7ZyWh5yxYRmgpkhNBQt . I won't mind if you guys decide not to send me Smiley)
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: