Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:37:55 PM

admin ? why i am unable to recieve POS reward?!! (nothing at all )

Alright, now I have to say it..WTF! I've tried to help you figure this out, as have others, and you never reply to us. So WTF?!!!

Are you leaving your wallet open long enough?

Have you held you coins for 20 days without moving them?

Are you upgraded to the latest wallet?

\

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoba

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:52:42 PM

Hello,

Why is the difficulty so low ?

because block reward is 1. It is not profitable to mine mintcoin --> PoW is over and PoS kicked in.
hadi

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:56:02 PM

Alright, now I have to say it..WTF! I've tried to help you figure this out, as have others, and you never reply to us. So WTF?!!!

1.No,open and unloock with "walletpassphrase myPW 999999999 true" , sync and next backup it and close ( maximum 10 15 min each day)

2.exactly 21 days

3.version MintCoin14

cryptoba

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:58:30 PM

Hello,

because block reward is 1. It is not profitable to mine mintcoin --> PoW is over and PoS kicked in.

Could someone explain me exactly what PoW and PoS means, thanks
draco71

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:01:38 PM

1.No,open and unloock with "walletpassphrase myPW 999999999 true" , sync and next backup it and close ( maximum 10 15 min each day)

2.exactly 21 days

3.version MintCoin14

1. You leave it open and unlocked for a very short period. No way to receive PoS like that. Btw. you do not need to back it up every time. One time is enough. In reality you back up only your addresses and your passwords. Your coins are not really in your wallet, they are in the blockchain.

2. Still early enough. It can take a couple of days more to start minting.

3. Go to version 1.5. It gives you (among others) the potential to lock/unlock your wallet via one button without doing "walletpassphrase myPW 999999999 true" anymore.

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
draco71

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:08:37 PM

Hello,

Could someone explain me exactly what PoW and PoS means, thanks

PoW --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system
In simple words ... Mining. You are working (i.e. mining) and you get paid for it

PoS --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake
In simple words ... Minting. You have your money deposited in a bank account (i.e. the coins in your wallet) and you get interest for them

cryptoba

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:12:35 PM

Thank you  Smiley
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:13:48 PM

Black coin rises, but down to mint coin. Mint is also active in the community to be more. Why do black coin climb?

Because Mints are not black
I can answer you:
- 0% premine Mint 4.5% effective premine
- PURE POS ( usulay 5s-15s transactions speed) Mint still is POS/POW hybrid.
- rising community
- 1% inflation but every 8h i can get stack(part of that 1%) i don't even care to mint i don't afraid to touch balance
- 1% inflation means that you need 20x less btc to keep price than 20% inflation
- many people just discovered BC
- compare direct to Mint to BC price should be about 5000 sat Tongue

I have 400k Mint community is great. I like it.
But for me BC is bit different coin with bit different economy.
In BC all is happening faster faster transaction, faster stakes, it wasn't so popular so it grows now faster too.

BTW HBN +100% year inflation is over power...This  year will be 150% because they mine a lot.

Bunch of malarkey  Tongue

Blackcoin has a small number of coins, and is therefore much easier to move markets. That's why it's climbing\falling blah blah. With current buy sell walls you could move it down to 1800 placing a buy of 1 Bitcoin! Hell it's moved 200 sat down during the time I typed this.

Mint is a good coin, with a more active community-just hold it and relax. People want to panic at every move.
i never told that Mintcoins is bad coin.
On market all sometimes go up sometimes go down.
Mint coin is just different than BC.
BC after +70% up in one day need to get their price ti stabilize. so +-20% is pretty normal.
Mint have 20% inflation while BC 1% what to mean for me as owner of Mint and BC.
That in theory BC will be 20x easier to pump than Mint.BC in reality it need to be big like 100m coins - Vertcoin-Darkcoin price lvl to get some stabilization.
Mint is more like Doge Xbilion coin so their price in long run can get to hmm 800-1000 sat maybe more.

The reality is that hundreds of millions of mint are not being allowed to mint because it is being moved around on or stored on exchanges etc so the actual inflation rate is nowhere near 20%...

The other side of that theory is that a currency has to have enough inflation to be liquid, especially if it is to have the potential for global adoption. So I don't really see that as a problem. How fast do PoW coins inflate due to mining? I would say it is roughly equivalent to a PoS coin.
Same is with BC traded BC don't generate income. So inflation will be <1% BC and Mint <20%. I think rates will be same.
But mint coins purpose is to mint it... and get that 20% so probably it will be 15%-18%. we will see at end of year.

2nd question Smiley i have analyzed that case lets give numbers:
in best case max inflation ^^
1% BC - Now this is about 0,04 New/BTC day to buy all new
20% Mint - Now this is only 2.3 BTC day to buy all new
~10% Doge 540 BTC Day
10% BTC 3600  BTC Day - 2.3m $ all new
20% LTC 28800 LTC Day - 0,9M $ all new

"How fast do PoW coins inflate due to mining? I would say it is roughly equivalent to a PoS coin. " -look up ^^

As you see some coins need to be popular to not drop price BC,Mint don't need much attention to keep price.
Pow coins due to other type of distribution can lose value very fast just because when miners aren't well paid price fall.
POS system is bit different than POW dystrybution 1st POS NXT wasn't good example just because 75% of coins never reached market.
In reality with BC with 0 premine we will see how can 100% POS system can behave on market.
This coin is 1st with 0 premine it will be better example than Premined / IPO other ones.
We will see how market will be different that Mint,Zeit,Ultra,Battlecoin,CGB... with some amount premined before.
How marketing factor from IPO/Premine money have influence on price ^^ in long short therm.

Anyway as you see to from my analyze BC or Mint with some BTC or $ injected inside can grow in same time POW needs High amounts of money
to keep price.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
hadi

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

[/quote]1. You leave it open and unlocked for a very short period. No way to receive PoS like that. Btw. you do not need to back it up every time. One time is enough. In reality you back up only your addresses and your passwords. Your coins are not really in your wallet, they are in the blockchain.

3. Go to version 1.5. It gives you (among others) the potential to lock/unlock your wallet via one button without doing "walletpassphrase myPW 999999999 true" anymore.

[/quote]

Thanks,1hour  enough ?
draco71

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:21:53 PM

Leave it overnight. It depends of the amount of coins you have. If you have many, it will be fast. If you have a few of them, it will take some time.

Consider it as similar to mining. During mining the most hash/sec you have, you find blocks faster, right? Now, during minting, the most coins you have, you get PoS returns faster.  

deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:23:20 PM

2.exactly 21 days

3.version MintCoin14

1. You leave it open and unlocked for a very short period. No way to receive PoS like that. Btw. you do not need to back it up every time. One time is enough. In reality you back up only your addresses and your passwords. Your coins are not really in your wallet, they are in the blockchain.

+1

You need the new wallet, there was a problem with the old one.
Windows 1.5 https://mega.co.nz/#!wR4inSJT!YHraTK_6a9txFDe_PPgxGzwD6h6j_kCQe6V65cfEEIw 

As I told you in a previous post(which you didn't read apparently)leave you wallet opened for 24 hrs at least. I should mention I'm not a Mintcoin team member, just a guy who tries to help but gets grumpy answering the same questions over and over  Tongue

\
hadi

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:29:30 PM

I had not seen,sorry .Tnx all.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:33:40 PM

Same is with BC traded BC don't generate income. So inflation will be <1% BC and Mint <20%. I think rates will be same.
But mint coins purpose is to mint it... and get that 20% so probably it will be 15%-18%. we will see at end of year.

2nd question Smiley i have analyzed that case lets give numbers:
in best case max inflation ^^
1% BC - Now this is about 0,04 New/BTC day to buy all new
20% Mint - Now this is only 2.3 BTC day to buy all new
~10% Doge 540 BTC Day
10% BTC 3600  BTC Day - 2.3m $ all new
20% LTC 28800 LTC Day - 0,9M $ all new

"How fast do PoW coins inflate due to mining? I would say it is roughly equivalent to a PoS coin. " -look up ^^

As you see some coins need to be popular to not drop price BC,Mint don't need much attention to keep price.
Pow coins due to other type of distribution can lose value very fast just because when miners aren't well paid price fall.
POS system is bit different than POW dystrybution 1st POS NXT wasn't good example just because 75% of coins never reached market.
In reality with BC with 0 premine we will see how can 100% POS system can behave on market.
This coin is 1st with 0 premine it will be better example than Premined / IPO other ones.
We will see how market will be different that Mint,Zeit,Ultra,Battlecoin,CGB... with some amount premined before.
How marketing factor from IPO/Premine money have influence on price ^^ in long short therm.

Anyway as you see to from my analyze BC or Mint with some BTC or $ injected inside can grow in same time POW needs High amounts of money
to keep price.

I dumped all my MINT for Blackcoin days ago. The MINT dev refused to tell us what he spent the 700 million MINT on. That was worth hundreds of BTC at the peak of MINT price.

Compare that to Blackcoin. ZERO premine yet Blackcoin still has a more transparent list of bounties. And even without 100 BTC of premine, Blackcoin is bringing more innovation to the table eg bcmultipool.

Then there is the fact MINT has 20% interest rate. Even the most hardened MINTer will admit that is too high.

What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed. Plus read through the devs comments on reddit and here, he was writing stuff like "Lol sell" and can't be bothered to work when the price was dropping and people were asking him questions and basically wanting reassurance.

And there's the fact MINT dev keeps saying mintcoin has nothing to do with Mintpal. Sorry don't believe that for various reasons.

So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:42:51 PM

Translation: I now have a bunch of Blackcoin and would like everyone invested in Mint to sell and buy Blackcoin so I can make more money.

But seriously, I won't defend the points you made against Developer, he can do that himself. There has been active development on Mintcoin though, and merchants continue to be added.

Edit: I would also like to add that 20% is not to high at all, and in fact gives people who don't have mining equipment a chance to effectively mine coins just by owning them.

\
Geode

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:57:47 PM

I dumped all my MINT for Blackcoin days ago. The MINT dev refused to tell us what he spent the 700 million MINT on. That was worth hundreds of BTC at the peak of MINT price.

Compare that to Blackcoin. ZERO premine yet Blackcoin still has a more transparent list of bounties. And even without 100 BTC of premine, Blackcoin is bringing more innovation to the table eg bcmultipool.

Then there is the fact MINT has 20% interest rate. Even the most hardened MINTer will admit that is too high.

What was the nail in coffin for me with MINT was the fact they put a super shitty logo on the mintcoin subreddit when there were much better ones. I find it fishy that won the community vote when almost everyone complained about it after it was chosen and nothing changed. Plus read through the devs comments on reddit and here, he was writing stuff like "Lol sell" and can't be bothered to work when the price was dropping and people were asking him questions and basically wanting reassurance.

And there's the fact MINT dev keeps saying mintcoin has nothing to do with Mintpal. Sorry don't believe that for various reasons.

So i've switched to Blackcoin. It's basically the coin mintcoin should have been imo.

Thanks for posting this. It shows how desperate you are at pumping Blackcoin. Your efforts are futile and even work against you. People will read your post and avoid Blackcoin like the plague. I will definitely not support Blackcoin any longer because of your post. In fact, your post has convinced me to dump all of my Blackcoins and I will be picking up some more Mintcoins for cheap. Watch for the price of Blackcoin to drop on Mintpal as I dump them, I do have quite a few. Here's to a small push up in price of Mintcoin on Mintpal.

If my post has helped you in some way, please consider donating-Blackcoin: BRJLA6cgXyyYaDfetVoSpo8pNmQDRAfuPA
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:02:50 AM

2.exactly 21 days

3.version MintCoin14

Hadi, you might want to try updating to version 1.5
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:05:16 AM

Thanks for posting this. It shows how desperate you are at pumping Blackcoin. Your efforts are futile and even work against you. People will read your post and avoid Blackcoin like the plague. I will definitely not support Blackcoin any longer because of your post. In fact, your post has convinced me to dump all of my Blackcoins and I will be picking up some more Mintcoins for cheap. Watch for the price of Blackcoin to drop on Mintpal as I dump them, I do have quite a few. Here's to a small push up in price of Mintcoin on Mintpal.

I "pump" Blackcoin no more than anyone in this topic "pumps" Mintcoin. In otherwords, I support Blackcoin. Are you not concerned that the Mintcoin dev refused to list how he spent the hundreds of BTC he made from the premine on bounties and Mintcoin development? Why do you think that is? Blackcoin on the other hand has no premine yet has accomplished more innovative development and more buzz (bcmultipool). And any bounties are clearly and transparently listed and awarded out publicly.

I lost all faith in this coin when the greedy Mintcoin dev asked for 5 million MINT donation from the community to work on a Mint <-> USD exchange, after he's already received 700 million MINT premine.

I only post this here because I was a big Mintcoin supporter. You should thank me because it might kick the developer into action.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:09:44 AM

Apart for the Mint/blackcoin war ...
20% inflation and then after 4 years 5% per year forever is insane.
If you really believe in this coin for the long term and it becomes a worldwide currency it will be a worse plague than fiat.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:11:57 AM

It's not forever, it's until 70 Billion...which is a long way off

\
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:16:19 AM

USD inflates at about 8% annually, on average

also 20% minting on all coins unmoved for 20 days or more will not create a "20% inflation rate". Those are weasel words.A more rational outlook says maybe a quarter of the existing coins will actually do any substantial minting. When the minting is at 5% and only 25% or so of existing coins are actully doing any substantial minting that will be about the right amount of inflation to maintain liquidity, around 2%

Pages: « 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 [427] 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: