Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:27:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the government really scary?  (Read 4135 times)
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:22:24 PM

I don`t think that any govenment officials can track and steal your crypto currencies,if you store them on a decentralized wallet and you keep your private keys in a safe place.The Vietnamese communist governments might be really scary,but they can`t find your crypto.The european govenments aren`t that scary,they will never try to rob someone`s financial assets.

Government is not scary, what we must be scared of with this cryptocurrency are those hackers.
those stealers of money with hidden identity at front of their computers are the one we must avoid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elysion

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

I do not think it will be such a thing. Which government does it want to do that? some governments forbid crypto usage an other don't care. Aim of the governments that care with crypto usage is to get more taxes. For example, my country wants to tax Bitcoin.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:44:09 PM

I do not think it will be such a thing. Which government does it want to do that? some governments forbid crypto usage an other don't care. Aim of the governments that care with crypto usage is to get more taxes. For example, my country wants to tax Bitcoin.
It seems to me that the ultimate goal of all governments is to destroy cryptocurrencies. But they don't know how to do it. To use the cryptocurrency is now possible only through exchange for Fiat. This makes all users vulnerable. Governments understand this and the introduction of income taxes in cryptocurrency without recognition of their currencies is only the beginning of the struggle with cryptocurrency users.
DMCR lah

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:00:12 PM

I do not think government officials can track and steal your crypto currency if you keep it in a decentralized wallet and you keep your private key in a safe place. The Vietnamese communist government may be really scary, but they can not find your crypto.
rye18

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:47:10 PM

I think not, The government just want to protect their people from any investment that they think risky because it can affect also the countries economy if their people are losing in their investment.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:56:20 PM

Many people say the government is not interested in cryptocurrency. Many people think the government has prohibit
crypto to protect investors from risks. Maybe in your country, that's true. But in some countries, especially developing countries, the government just wants to rob your assets. They rob publicly, lawfully and as much as possible. they are really bandits.I'm not afraid what they do. Because we have many ways to fight them. But this world is not as simple as you think.They can kill you if you are demonstrating.
You can ask any vietnamese that : Do you support your government ? I bet 99% answer is never. 1% remaining I'm sure they are goverment employee or their family. Wink

In my own opinion, governments are not scary, they will not be able to decrease the amount of investors of cryptocurrency just like how they fight drugs, if people will still prefer to use cryptocurrency more than fiat then they cannot do anything about it because people will still use bitcoins if they are getting more income from it.

shata

Activity: 547
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:04:41 PM

Many people say the government is not interested in cryptocurrency. Many people think the government has prohibit
crypto to protect investors from risks. Maybe in your country, that's true. But in some countries, especially developing countries, the government just wants to rob your assets. They rob publicly, lawfully and as much as possible. they are really bandits.I'm not afraid what they do. Because we have many ways to fight them. But this world is not as simple as you think.They can kill you if you are demonstrating.
You can ask any vietnamese that : Do you support your government ? I bet 99% answer is never. 1% remaining I'm sure they are goverment employee or their family. Wink

Do you have any proofs of your accusations? You should not judge anyone without any due process or even evidences that could be linked to them, the Government in your place you are saying. Because as what we all know, especially bitcoin, is decentralized, that is no one has controlled over it, not even the government, nor developing or third world countries. Let us be positive, government is just concern about their people, that is why they said, cryptocurrency is risky, which is true because of its volatility.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄    
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sandisunny

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:13:25 PM

I believe the government is really scary with the way bitcoin came and dominated the market and if allowed it will actually put fiat money into extinction, now that's not what the government wants because that will be bad business for them. The government are actually making profits out of fiat because of the policies they put in place and even making it inaccessible for the masses. But from the way everybody is turning into cryto, it will just be business gone bad for the government.
Hirikama29

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:23:36 PM

The government is a state management body that carries out tasks that make people's lives as warm and secure as possible, and the government is important to economic development.
CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:24:09 PM

In my opinion, cryptocurrency is powered and supported by some government leaders, maybe there are some threats by some other countries that leads by some governments leaders also but it was already done by a good solution on cryptocurrency management that take contrary on some forms of threats, so difinitely cryptocurrency become successful now it is because of the powerful people behind this business. And as said this business maybe there was a powerful foundation that connected to governments leaders.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
JerryJam

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:41:30 PM

Yes, indeed, the governments of some countries are wary of cryptocurrency. This is due to the fact that cryptocurrency can be used by criminals. But I think that the main reason for the negative attitude is the impossibility of absolute control over financial transactions and over people.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:50:33 PM

good topic, good question!
I think they do scare of cryptocurrency!
but they have to made it legal to manage them. lots of people making their money from market, and they want that taxes, absolutely!
anyway, a govement need taxes to stay alive. and VNamese does too.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 05:33:03 PM

I dont think that any government can kill us for the purpose of using the crypto currencies. I think it is just very wrong or misleading to think about any government like that. Im not saying that I support government but im saying that because if government is in place then only we can see some light in the country or big infra structure and all the facilities around us. I guess it is more than perfect if we work in collaboration with them always. For example, pay the taxes if the system says that to you and everything will be all right! Keeping everything simple can benefit us and government too.
Government isn't that scary as most of us think. Actually the government wants to gain control over everything, but the problem with the digital assets is that they are decentralized in nature and it is not easy to exercise control over them. So governments of various countries find out different ways to scare people or put a control on the use of digital currency usage in their respective countries. They employ various techniques like imposing taxes and banning the usage of digital assets. All because they find it difficult to exercise control over bitcoin and its movement. But still the reality is people continue to use bitcoin and escape government regulations.
laynum

Activity: 71

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:16:30 PM

Yeah I agree with this. And in best case scenarios they are usually looking to make money off your earnings, and that's in best case. The most frightening governments are the governments of the 1st world countries imo
princess22

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:07:28 PM

I dont think so rhat the governments are scary or frightening because they are our leaders that who do such things that it can be better in our countries and for the people,,,and its up to each of us on how we think negatively and positively.,but in this case like crypto yes our gov't. do this already as one legal aspect so no problemo.
Topaz72

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:56:15 PM

The government is a state management body that carries out tasks that make people's lives as warm and secure as possible, and the government is important to economic development.
Yes our government is the state makers and the economic developers, but if any government is scared of bitcoin fame and popularity are doing wrong as bitcoin has more power and potential to be high than any other investment so I think we should not trust any fake news as bitcoin will never remain same for price or demand but it use to increase or decrease, so bitcoin tax is giving our government a chance of buying good amount of bitcoin.
wewe123

Activity: 322

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:01:28 PM

I dont think that any government can kill us for the purpose of using the crypto currencies. I think it is just very wrong or misleading to think about any government like that. Im not saying that I support government but im saying that because if government is in place then only we can see some light in the country or big infra structure and all the facilities around us. I guess it is more than perfect if we work in collaboration with them always. For example, pay the taxes if the system says that to you and everything will be all right! Keeping everything simple can benefit us and government too.
Government isn't that scary as most of us think. Actually the government wants to gain control over everything, but the problem with the digital assets is that they are decentralized in nature and it is not easy to exercise control over them. So governments of various countries find out different ways to scare people or put a control on the use of digital currency usage in their respective countries. They employ various techniques like imposing taxes and banning the usage of digital assets. All because they find it difficult to exercise control over bitcoin and its movement. But still the reality is people continue to use bitcoin and escape government regulations.
So government really are not to be scared of , if tbis bitcoun assets are not above the law and bitcoin users does not commit crime, then we continue to cherrish it , because we are now in and our time we devoted to joined and worked for it have contribute to our ongoing success, so if government , can not regulate the digital assets like bitcoin, then we are glad to continue our works and be free.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
CryptoKyddie

Activity: 182
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:04:06 PM

Depending on where you are and how badly they want to get you they probably can find your crypto. Think USA, China, Russia they can get you if your a high enough value target. If your in Kenya, you will be safe. Sure there are ways to hide a little, but if they want you you can be found.
Keyboard PC

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:12:30 PM

yes you are right I feel the government is very frightened by the existence of bitcoin in the presence of this excellent technology the government will not be able to move again because everything is transparent, maybe that makes the government afraid of one of them.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:21:58 PM

Depending on where you are and how badly they want to get you they probably can find your crypto. Think USA, China, Russia they can get you if your a high enough value target. If your in Kenya, you will be safe. Sure there are ways to hide a little, but if they want you you can be found.
Here in our country, when it comes to regulations about cryptocurrency it is not that much scary as of now since they are still in the stage of getting to know what bitcoin and crypto is and how could it affect lives and the whole country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: