Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:43:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148351 times)
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:44:37 AM

nows about the time where dev says he was j/k and price goes back to where it was. lawl

lol
sundoged

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:50:25 AM

So people never learn even after Coinye?
One does not simply make a coin with a celeb's name without their consent.

Plus most people in the world are still very misinformed about Bitcoin because of the media and will not want to be associated with it.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/46949408.jpg
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 01:50:36 AM

This is an unfortunate turn of events. I was behind these guys until the article they had been hyping for days finally hit a couple weeks ago revealing that they had been lying about their communications with George Takei (also, if that article was their idea of "big news," I was certainly no longer buying into any of their hype.)

I understand your sentiments but you did not read that thoroughly. That interview explains exactly what I mentioned in my last post. We were dealing with their agency that said they were forwarding all materials to Takei, as it turned out The Takei's never got that information and we ended up making announcements that were untrue.

Gotcha. Well either way, I do feel for you guys in a lot of ways. I really thought this was going to work out regardless of that article (a cool, Takei-caliber-sci-fi way to raise money for charity) but it was at this point that I stepped away from it. I do believe you started this with the best intentions but as things began falling apart, perhaps some additional transparency would have been fair. If Murraycoin started to unravel, I would literally buy everybody's coins from them at the current market price because the failure would be on myself and not the community that supported us. Perhaps you would have done the same if you had the ability to do so - it's obviously an unfair hypothetical at this stage. I just found the aggressive Cryptsy voting and vague post about Sunday's news to be extremely suspect.

I am still holding all of the Takeicoins I bought and, for the prices I picked them up for, I really doubt all is lost after a proper rebrand. It's not like people were throwing billions of dollars into this thing. I know with Murraycoin, the value is probably hindered a bit due to the celebrity tie-in.

There has to be a way everybody can win here.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:54:29 AM

nows about the time where dev says he was j/k and price goes back to where it was. lawl

lol

Dude don't drag this out like the Panda Dev and the wolong story.  You have a community to take care of. Rebrand the coin, Move Forward before people loose more money. The coin can still take off but if you wait more than 24hrs and no rebranding then is done. Just take the guy of and keep moving so what if he doesn't want to be behind it, who cares.  What makes the coin is the community and what the coin was made for.....MOVE ON

You will re-energize folks if you get moving right now they will understand.. If you don't do crap and keep the sad story this will be an epic fail on you, the team and the entire community who believed in you
jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:12:01 AM

this is all a ploy. someone with 2 btc slowly eating up these low sells, so they can pump it back in a few days. gtfo while you can this is just a game, and you wont win unless your the few people in the know
opusdigitus

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:17:16 AM

lol

Anyone who didn't see this a mile away is dumb.  I called it a few weeks ago when Sage was making announcements about future announcements, and playing the 'ole "two more weeks" BFL game.  That's a red flag that there's no real news.  Then, in his reddit post, he even went so far to say that once Edie was aboard, that the coin would go to the moon LOL.  Can you imagine one of the Bitcoin core devs even uttering those words? 

I'm lucky I recognized this as a scam and got out early enough.  Sounds like a lot of people are losing their shirts.  And in an effort to get the word out, I see you have made the subreddit private.  Nice.
mctaino

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:27:06 AM

lol

Anyone who didn't see this a mile away is dumb.  I called it a few weeks ago when Sage was making announcements about future announcements, and playing the 'ole "two more weeks" BFL game.  That's a red flag that there's no real news.  Then, in his reddit post, he even went so far to say that once Edie was aboard, that the coin would go to the moon LOL.  Can you imagine one of the Bitcoin core devs even uttering those words? 

I'm lucky I recognized this as a scam and got out early enough.  Sounds like a lot of people are losing their shirts.  And in an effort to get the word out, I see you have made the subreddit private.  Nice.

FISH SMELL UP IN HERE no announcements or post on immediate actions = SCAM
rascal777

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:32:05 AM

This should be rebranded as tacky coin.   Maybe the theme of this coin should be rebranding.

Or maybe TACK Coin,  with A thumbTack Logo.

BTC TIPS  19n2ienyueN4RiC38KFSZMQMgrNLgu9Uuc
cryptodave

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

CryptocoinsInfo.com

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:33:55 AM

Thing is, he didn't make any profit at all and the dump on cryptsy was really small. So all that work he did for months only got him what 2btc? Not even worth talking about.  
I'm sure this is real and he was forced to remove the site and twitter account from Takei's lawyers.

+1

takei coin is not dead, min. price > 300 Sats, mining costs are > 4000 Sats.  

realtime altcoin list for miner & trader - sortable by daily income, nethashrate, trading volume, time for solo mining, ...
coinmeister

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:35:55 AM

Yes, I know that everybody has saw this one. But it is very appropriate at the moment to post it again Smiley We are in hell right now, gentlement Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9CD7uj2TL0
salstimda

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:47:47 AM

If this was a pump and dump it surely was the worst one in history because I lost about $40,000
can You explained how You lost when You are the first know about this news come man better then that

I bought in a lot at the highs as well, also keep in mind im NOT a miner and there was no premine. Plus do you guys think it's free to develop coins, do branding, make sites, pay for press releases. etc.

I'm probably the biggest $$$ loser in all of this.
if you lost 40grand, it was in potential profits, you didnt put 40grand into this.
its not the same as all the trader who put hard earned money into it to get shit on
if you put 40grand cash into this, theirs no way you didnt sell when you got the news from them. what you think we think your the greatest samaritan ever??
and if you did, i feel for you. you are better than most in this industry. but i doubt it

I can only give you my word and my basic rundown but here it is....

about 20,000-25,000 worth of mining contracts
1000 to make website
1000+ on giveaways
2500 on coin development
500 for QT updates
2500 for online wallet which never even saw the light of day.

I am sure im missing some stuff but it's about 35,000-40,000 and I sold at the absolute lows.
And lastly for the record when it hit cryptsy this morning I had about $160,000 worth at the high end and was working my real job, missing any chance to sell.

So you still got coins? what address were the coins at?

I was here from day one, had some mining contracts plus purchasing right up until today!

I find it hard to believe you didn't cash out before it went tits up. Then announced it everywhere
but here and by that time the coins were worth shit.

You might be genuine when you say, not cashing out at the high, but the amount of coins you had.
You didn't loose 40k, and the paid votes were done to make sure you had somewhere to offload as
mintpal wouldn't have handled the volume, without the price falling off a cliff (worse than cryptsy).

Sorry but things don't add up, I'm not saying you didn't have the best intentions starting this project.
But in the end, you screwed those that supported the coin. And that my friend makes you no different
to the rest of the scum that hang around this forum feeding off others!

to the best of my knowledge he made his announcement of takei's wish to not be associated with the coin here approximately 4 hours after he got the email from him, at least thats how i construed it from what he said in the IRC chat and what i can deduct from the timestamps in this forum. don't quote me on this tho, i always get stuff messed up and confused.

here is the irc log where he said that the announcement was the rebranding of the coin: (SageOnXanax is TakeiCoin here)

[02:46] <doge_padawan> what were you even going to announce on sunday? you said something along that sort in the forum
[02:46] <doge_padawan> big announcement on sunday
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> so that announcement was the rebranding rofl
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> the one everyones talking about
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> UNTIL
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> we got the second message
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> which was like 1 minute later
[02:47] <@SageOnXanax> when Edie's lawyers called me I thought "you know maybe its better to rebrand and move forward"

TAK will have an extremely important update on Sunday - To Be Continued...

so he/they wanted to rebrand the coin when takei was off limits, then he posted the announcement here in the forum, then 1 minute later edies lawyers called and told him she is off too, he seem to have posted that in the forum too, but the official announcement here in the forum that takei was off only came 4 hours later if i got that right (actually only after i told him on irc to announce that). well, its just nitpicking more or less, he should have announced it right away, but i guess its not that dramatic. i can't say anything else about him, it really looked very serious and honest what he did there. i guess today he just got overwhelmed by everything. but maybe he a nefarious plan to just make a quick buck with insider knowledge trading, who knows. i don't really think so.
jdh015232

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:02:18 AM

If this was a pump and dump it surely was the worst one in history because I lost about $40,000
can You explained how You lost when You are the first know about this news come man better then that

I bought in a lot at the highs as well, also keep in mind im NOT a miner and there was no premine. Plus do you guys think it's free to develop coins, do branding, make sites, pay for press releases. etc.

I'm probably the biggest $$$ loser in all of this.
if you lost 40grand, it was in potential profits, you didnt put 40grand into this.
its not the same as all the trader who put hard earned money into it to get shit on
if you put 40grand cash into this, theirs no way you didnt sell when you got the news from them. what you think we think your the greatest samaritan ever??
and if you did, i feel for you. you are better than most in this industry. but i doubt it

I can only give you my word and my basic rundown but here it is....

about 20,000-25,000 worth of mining contracts
1000 to make website
1000+ on giveaways
2500 on coin development
500 for QT updates
2500 for online wallet which never even saw the light of day.

I am sure im missing some stuff but it's about 35,000-40,000 and I sold at the absolute lows.
And lastly for the record when it hit cryptsy this morning I had about $160,000 worth at the high end and was working my real job, missing any chance to sell.

So you still got coins? what address were the coins at?

I was here from day one, had some mining contracts plus purchasing right up until today!

I find it hard to believe you didn't cash out before it went tits up. Then announced it everywhere
but here and by that time the coins were worth shit.

You might be genuine when you say, not cashing out at the high, but the amount of coins you had.
You didn't loose 40k, and the paid votes were done to make sure you had somewhere to offload as
mintpal wouldn't have handled the volume, without the price falling off a cliff (worse than cryptsy).

Sorry but things don't add up, I'm not saying you didn't have the best intentions starting this project.
But in the end, you screwed those that supported the coin. And that my friend makes you no different
to the rest of the scum that hang around this forum feeding off others!

to the best of my knowledge he made his announcement of takei's wish to not be associated with the coin here approximately 4 hours after he got the email from him, at least thats how i construed it from what he said in the IRC chat and what i can deduct from the timestamps in this forum. don't quote me on this tho, i always get stuff messed up and confused.

here is the irc log where he said that the announcement was the rebranding of the coin: (SageOnXanax is TakeiCoin here)

[02:46] <doge_padawan> what were you even going to announce on sunday? you said something along that sort in the forum
[02:46] <doge_padawan> big announcement on sunday
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> so that announcement was the rebranding rofl
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> the one everyones talking about
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> UNTIL
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> we got the second message
[02:46] <@SageOnXanax> which was like 1 minute later
[02:47] <@SageOnXanax> when Edie's lawyers called me I thought "you know maybe its better to rebrand and move forward"

TAK will have an extremely important update on Sunday - To Be Continued...

so he/they wanted to rebrand the coin when takei was off limits, then he posted the announcement here in the forum, then 1 minute later edies lawyers called and told him she is off too, he seem to have posted that in the forum too, but the official announcement here in the forum that takei was off only came 4 hours later if i got that right (actually only after i told him on irc to announce that). well, its just nitpicking more or less, he should have announced it right away, but i guess its not that dramatic. i can't say anything else about him, it really looked very serious and honest what he did there. i guess today he just got overwhelmed by everything. but maybe he a nefarious plan to just make a quick buck with insider knowledge trading, who knows. i don't really think so.
like i said, when the order books were sitting under 100 satoshi, a single person kept brining near 2btc buys in collecting those cheap coins. this is all a ploy, and it will get pumped back up. but its a fucking joke, and i feel bad for people involved. theirs about 3 people going to make money off this coin, and you aint one of them reading this
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:28:06 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 03:45:17 AM by YoyodyneSystems

lol

Dude don't drag this out like the Panda Dev and the wolong story.  You have a community to take care of. Rebrand the coin, Move Forward before people loose more money. The coin can still take off but if you wait more than 24hrs and no rebranding then is done. Just take the guy of and keep moving so what if he doesn't want to be behind it, who cares.  What makes the coin is the community and what the coin was made for.....MOVE ON

You will re-energize folks if you get moving right now they will understand.. If you don't do crap and keep the sad story this will be an epic fail on you, the team and the entire community who believed in you

This has to be done within 24 hours. It should be really easy to at least put this back on a base level. Then work from there. You could get it to a base
level then chose another celebrity even. One that will endorse. Or just go a different route.

But please do this tonight.

edit -- Watching the buy orders. I think something interesting will happen with this project in the next 24 hours ....
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:00:07 AM

I'm confident we can make great things happen with this coin - I will be posting updates here as we talk about taking over the project.
kudrya

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:01:35 AM

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:11:14 AM

this guy

mctaino

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:17:10 AM

No announcement, this is looking like PANDA and the wolong wolf.....
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:21:33 AM

Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:19:49 AM

No announcement, this is looking like PANDA and the wolong wolf.....

There won't be any announcement tonight. The dev guy seemed to take some xanax and called it a night. We are going to talk tomorrow about letting me buy out the project. It will depend on whether or not we can agree on a price. If he will sell me this project, I will deliver good content.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:20:47 AM

Yet another quick rich coin bites the dust.

Exchanges and coins are sprouting like mushrooms all over the place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: