Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:27:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148356 times)
kudrya

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:14:06 AM

its  re premined lol...     ,, great work guys

are you idiot? it was never premined

SHA256
Amt: 7,515,187,520
ABBREV: TAK
NO PREMINE! NO INSTAMINE! FORCED FAIR LAUNCH!
Blocks: 1-240 = 1 coin per block >240 = 1000 coins per block
RPC PORT: 35697
P2P PORT: 35698
Block Spacing: 30 seconds
Difficulty Retarget: 5 blocks
Peacefrog

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:15:06 AM

Was that supposed to answer something? I know the coin will go on. I'm asking if the project was handed over or not. It was mentioned that the coin may have new devs. Did that happen or is the original dev still behind the coin

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:16:27 AM

Was that supposed to answer something? I know the coin will go on. I'm asking if the project was handed over or not. It was mentioned that the coin may have new devs. Did that happen or is the original dev still behind the coin

We're working on giving ownership of the coin to a large web development company to take over. That said we WILL remain on as part of the new leadership team. Once we have more information, which we are told will be Monday, I will let everyone know what's going on.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
kudrya

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:21:17 AM

btw.. good volume on cryptsy. on mintpal its almost unbelievable to sell or buy. only few deals every 15-20minutes(
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:25:09 AM

I am part of the team that is buying the coin. Over the next few days/weeks we are going to be:

- changing the name. We are making this decision over the next 24 hours. We are keeping the ticker TAK but as part of the agreement we need to change the name to something other than Takeicoin. Takcoin or Takiecoin or Takocoin are among the top three choices.
- change the website. We are going to be investing a serious amount of effort into making a top of the line website for the coin/project. We will have an e-commerce store tied into the website that will be donating $.25 for every $1 spent to an animal organization of the buyer's choice.
- the coin is going to keep the philanthropic mindset the original team had in mind - the new team will be focusing on animal specific charitable organizations.
- from a technical standpoint - the coin will continue to roll forward as TAK. New wallets and an updated website are to be ready by April.

Good things are to come and we are open to feedback from the community.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:27:47 AM

That was fast - good work. Replacing the OP with coin specs and new name and logo would be wise soon.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:28:51 AM

That was fast - good work. Replacing the OP with coin specs and new name and logo would be wise soon.

We are all going to be working on this as fast as we can. At the same time we don't want to rush things just to have something, so we're going to take our time and do things right. We have a long term vision unfolding here =)
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:30:00 AM

We're working on giving ownership of the coin to a large web development company to take over. That said we WILL remain on as part of the new leadership team. Once we have more information, which we are told will be Monday, I will let everyone know what's going on.
Awesome, great news! Smiley

So whenever the rebranding is finished, will the already mined coins remain or is everything set back to 0/scratch?
TAKman

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:21:53 PM

On it's face, it looks like the developers and others knew George Takei was not on-board with the project prior to the coin going to Cryptsy. A lot of people, me included, lost money on that move which wouldn't have happened if the announcement was made a few hours earlier.

The aggressive paid voting Cryptsy campaign and Sunday announcement carrot appears to have been a total setup. Watching the trading after the deletion of twitter and facebook accounts and the takeicoin website it appeared as though insiders were there buying up cheap coins with the knowledge that there was going to be a re-branding.

With that said, I picked up all the main domains for the names that are considered for the re-branding. Offers can be emailed to suspect at takcoin.com.
oue.st

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 12:27:55 PM

On it's face, it looks like the developers and others knew George Takei was not on-board with the project prior to the coin going to Cryptsy. A lot of people, me included, lost money on that move which wouldn't have happened if the announcement was made a few hours earlier.

The aggressive paid voting Cryptsy campaign and Sunday announcement carrot appears to have been a total setup. Watching the trading after the deletion of twitter and facebook accounts and the takeicoin website it appeared as though insiders were there buying up cheap coins with the knowledge that there was going to be a re-branding.

With that said, I picked up all the main domains for the names that are considered for the re-branding. Offers can be emailed to suspect at takcoin.com.

Well, I guess then that you've lost even more money by booking some domains you will never use or resell. There is enough .tld to let the possibility to the owner to have a domain that match with the coin's name.

Crypto-enthousiaste depuis 2011 - Bitcoin, lebitcoin.fr
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:31:40 PM

What a nice way of doing bussiness.
Snotty

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:34:27 PM

I am part of the team that is buying the coin. Over the next few days/weeks we are going to be:

- changing the name. We are making this decision over the next 24 hours. We are keeping the ticker TAK but as part of the agreement we need to change the name to something other than Takeicoin. Takcoin or Takiecoin or Takocoin are among the top three choices.
- change the website. We are going to be investing a serious amount of effort into making a top of the line website for the coin/project. We will have an e-commerce store tied into the website that will be donating $.25 for every $1 spent to an animal organization of the buyer's choice.
- the coin is going to keep the philanthropic mindset the original team had in mind - the new team will be focusing on animal specific charitable organizations.
- from a technical standpoint - the coin will continue to roll forward as TAK. New wallets and an updated website are to be ready by April.

I can't believe you're ignoring the Take Action Coin suggested by someone before. It's an awesome name in any way and TakeACoin has a nice second meaning Smiley
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:42:33 PM

I can't believe you're ignoring the Take Action Coin suggested by someone before. It's an awesome name in any way and TakeACoin has a nice second meaning Smiley

Take a Coin sounds good but TAKE ACTION is way better... Take a look at the humane society, we can do something and help the cause too.

TAKE ACTION COIN...... That has way more branding power and way better keyword

"Take action for animals! ... to shut down the plant."

http://www.humanesociety.org/action/#.Uxx9dHnXnFI
Snotty

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:57:23 PM

Take a Coin sounds good but TAKE ACTION is way better... Take a look at the humane society, we can do something and help the cause too.

I just played with words a little bit. It's the same name, just written in a different way. To summarize:

* Take Action Coin - sounds strong and is perfect to charity coin
* Shortening TakeA sounds almost the same as Takei (the beauty of english language)
* Shortening TakeACoin, while meaning the same Take Action Coin, could be used for marketing purposes, still sounds charitable, perfect name for faucet too

Takcoin, Takiecoin, Takocoin all sound bland and meaningless, IMHO.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

Unfortunately we are going to go away from TAKE ACTION - while we like the sound of it. Takeaction.com and takeactioncoin.com are both taken. Also doing a google search for take action can bring up too many results already. We are trying to go with a name that was really otherwise unused. We want it to be short, easy to remember, and have almost a name to it. We really like Takei actually because of the randomness. Our fundraising project was going to be called The Takei Project.

So now we are looking for a name that sounds similar but fits the mold of TAK (since that's what it is coded/traded under). Takie or Tako are two that we like but Takie might sound/look too much like tacky and Tako really sounds too much like Taco. We have also thought of just going with Takcoin because its short and sweet.

Finally we wanted a name that could be linked to a mascot of our brand. Being that we want to focus on animal rights we are planning on having some sort of animal be the face of the project. The name was also going to tie into the coin (so for example our mascot was going to be named Takei). This ties back to our idea of having an e-commerce store, where we can sell merchandise tied into our mascot/brand image that will also raise money for charity.

So all this is being considered with naming the coin. Hopefully that gives you a better view of where we are coming from.

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:59:52 PM

Also, in reading everyone's thoughts here.

If the majority of the group like TAKE ACTION coin - we are not against going with opinion. We are open minded after all =)
coinmeister

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:14:44 PM

TAKE ACTION Smiley +++
Snotty

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:29:44 PM

<..>
Unfortunately we are going to go away from TAKE ACTION - while we like the sound of it. Takeaction.com and takeactioncoin.com are both taken. Also doing a google search for take action can bring up too many results already. We are trying to go with a name that was really otherwise unused. We want it to be short, easy to remember, and have almost a name to it. We really like Takei actually because of the randomness. Our fundraising project was going to be called The Takei Project.

So now we are looking for a name that sounds similar but fits the mold of TAK (since that's what it is coded/traded under). Takie or Tako are two that we like but Takie might sound/look too much like tacky and Tako really sounds too much like Taco. We have also thought of just going with Takcoin because its short and sweet.

Finally we wanted a name that could be linked to a mascot of our brand. Being that we want to focus on animal rights we are planning on having some sort of animal be the face of the project. The name was also going to tie into the coin (so for example our mascot was going to be named Takei). This ties back to our idea of having an e-commerce store, where we can sell merchandise tied into our mascot/brand image that will also raise money for charity.

So all this is being considered with naming the coin. Hopefully that gives you a better view of where we are coming from.

That's actually a reasonable explanation why Take Action is not as good name as it sounds. I will restrain myself from pushing it further. Takea/TakeA Coin still sounds good, thou.

And for the mascot - simply TakTak Smiley
mee.goo

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:42:11 PM

Better ABANDON this coin, and make a new one. I have recommendations as well

- Discard using SHA256 or Scrypt, use Blake256 algo. BlueDragon747 can help, i think - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=140920. So you can avoid instamine, premine, whalemine. It will protect your upcoming coin.

- Set it to 21million coins only, people love quality rather than billions of coins.

- Maybe you can name it Blake Foundation Coin or BFC Smiley

- can't think no more lol

oue.st

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:48:31 PM

Better ABANDON this coin, and make a new one. I have recommendations as well

- Discard using SHA256 or Scrypt, use Blake256 algo. BlueDragon747 can help, i think - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=140920. So you can avoid instamine, premine, whalemine. It will protect your upcoming coin.

- Set it to 21million coins only, people love quality rather than billions of coins.

- Maybe you can name it Blake Foundation Coin or BFC Smiley

- can't think no more lol

No.

Crypto-enthousiaste depuis 2011 - Bitcoin, lebitcoin.fr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: