Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:35:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148356 times)
Xosihc

Activity: 538
Merit: 500

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:50:36 PM

Unfortunately we are going to go away from TAKE ACTION - while we like the sound of it. Takeaction.com and takeactioncoin.com are both taken. Also doing a google search for take action can bring up too many results already. We are trying to go with a name that was really otherwise unused. We want it to be short, easy to remember, and have almost a name to it. We really like Takei actually because of the randomness. Our fundraising project was going to be called The Takei Project.

So now we are looking for a name that sounds similar but fits the mold of TAK (since that's what it is coded/traded under). Takie or Tako are two that we like but Takie might sound/look too much like tacky and Tako really sounds too much like Taco. We have also thought of just going with Takcoin because its short and sweet.

Finally we wanted a name that could be linked to a mascot of our brand. Being that we want to focus on animal rights we are planning on having some sort of animal be the face of the project. The name was also going to tie into the coin (so for example our mascot was going to be named Takei). This ties back to our idea of having an e-commerce store, where we can sell merchandise tied into our mascot/brand image that will also raise money for charity.

So all this is being considered with naming the coin. Hopefully that gives you a better view of where we are coming from.

Better ABANDON this coin, and make a new one. I have recommendations as well

- Discard using SHA256 or Scrypt, use Blake256 algo. BlueDragon747 can help, i think - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=140920. So you can avoid instamine, premine, whalemine. It will protect your upcoming coin.

- Set it to 21million coins only, people love quality rather than billions of coins.

- Maybe you can name it Blake Foundation Coin or BFC Smiley

- can't think no more lol

Well we're going to stick with this coin/project. The coin wasn't premined or anything and is up on exchanges - its got a small enough marketcap we can move in comfortably.

We're going to go forward with this project - its just a matter of working out some of the small details =)
TAKman

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:53:58 PM

On it's face, it looks like the developers and others knew George Takei was not on-board with the project prior to the coin going to Cryptsy. A lot of people, me included, lost money on that move which wouldn't have happened if the announcement was made a few hours earlier.

The aggressive paid voting Cryptsy campaign and Sunday announcement carrot appears to have been a total setup. Watching the trading after the deletion of twitter and facebook accounts and the takeicoin website it appeared as though insiders were there buying up cheap coins with the knowledge that there was going to be a re-branding.

With that said, I picked up all the main domains for the names that are considered for the re-branding. Offers can be emailed to suspect at takcoin.com.

What a nice way of doing bussiness.

Since when is fraudulent misrepresentation a nice way of doing business?  I'm just looking to recoup some of my losses.
I'd really be interested in hearing how many coins the new development team picked up during all of this.
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:54:19 PM

Just to give it a try one more time since a couple people did say they liked my suggestion...

Take Initiative Coin - TakeICoin

It fits the name, is close to the annunciation currently and fits your purpose...

Oh... and has WEAK ASS google results to contend with https://www.google.com/search?q=take+initiative&oq=take+initiative&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l5.3316j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

So... in the spirit of the coin and concept itself... I went and snatched up these related domains to keep them out of the hands of some people who would prefer to profit from them. Cost me just under $19 for all 4 for 1 year. I will gladly turn over the unique registrar account and unique email address attached at cost if you should so choose to go with that idea.

TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.COM         
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.NET
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.INFO         
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.ORG

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:57:49 PM

Just to give it a try one more time since a couple people did say they liked my suggestion...

It fits the name, is close to the annunciation currently and fits your purpose...

Oh... and has WEAK ASS google results to contend with https://www.google.com/search?q=take+initiative&oq=take+initiative&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0l5.3316j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

So... in the spirit of the coin and concept itself... I went and snatched up these related domains to keep them out of the hands of some people who would prefer to profit from them. Cost me just under $19 for all 4 for 1 year. I will gladly turn over the unique registrar account and unique email address attached at cost if you should so choose to go with that idea.

TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.COM         
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.NET
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.INFO         
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.ORG

I really appreciate you doing that! Unfortunately as part of the agreement we need to change the name from Takeicoin - we can't even do a play on the word Takei in anyway (like Take Initiative). This is why we are looking to change the name.

And I will remember you doing that favor for us - once the project is fully launched we will reimburse you $19 for your help =)
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:12:49 PM

TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.COM         
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.NET
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.INFO         
TAKEINITIATIVECOIN.ORG

I really appreciate you doing that! Unfortunately as part of the agreement we need to change the name from Takeicoin - we can't even do a play on the word Takei in anyway (like Take Initiative). This is why we are looking to change the name.

And I will remember you doing that favor for us - once the project is fully launched we will reimburse you $19 for your help =)

Just keep it in mind... I suppose it does not have to be called TakeICoin but can still BE Take Initiative Coin... if anything, since you are having to communicate with the previously hoped for backers... at least ask them what they think about this concept... the answer is always no if you do not ask.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:27:07 PM

We are getting close to a final decision... it took us awhile to come around on it - but Take Action is looking good. I'll keep everyone updated as we continue to talk.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:15:43 PM

An update from our end...

We are pretty confident we're going forward with takeAcoin (TAK). takeAcoin.org & takeactionproject.org will be our two sources of information.

Take Action Project will be the forefront of our focus. We will be releasing more information about the project and our mission after we get everything settle from a technical standpoint. The basic idea behind the project is that we would encourage people who already choose to donate to any organization in the world to make the payment in takeAcoin, if they do so Take Action Project will donate an additional 1-2% in takeAcoin to the same charity.

We are hoping over the next few days to have a temporary website available to provide some basic information of the idea as well as our wallet to be downloadable. We will ask for some patients in taking this project to the next level. My friends and I are pretty dedicated to this idea, we've been extremely interested in crypto for roughly a years time now - and we've been looking for a way to integrate our business idea with crypto currencies for some time. However we all have full time jobs, we are spread out geographically and we like to take our time in making decisions/moves. We will have more good stuff to come in the coming days & weeks. We appreciate the help of those who have been provided support! Please feel free to post or PM me if you have feedback/comments/suggestions in anyway. Thanks!

tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:24:34 PM

If this was a pump and dump it surely was the worst one in history because I lost about $40,000
can You explained how You lost when You are the first know about this news come man better then that

I bought in a lot at the highs as well, also keep in mind im NOT a miner and there was no premine. Plus do you guys think it's free to develop coins, do branding, make sites, pay for press releases. etc.

I'm probably the biggest $$$ loser in all of this.
if you lost 40grand, it was in potential profits, you didnt put 40grand into this.
its not the same as all the trader who put hard earned money into it to get shit on
if you put 40grand cash into this, theirs no way you didnt sell when you got the news from them. what you think we think your the greatest samaritan ever??
and if you did, i feel for you. you are better than most in this industry. but i doubt it

... I sold at the absolute lows.
And lastly for the record when it hit cryptsy this morning I had about $160,000 worth at the high end and was working my real job, missing any chance to sell.

Just to clarify for everyone SageFit,

Did you sell your coins before or after deleting your Twitter account and taking down Takeicoin website?
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:27:08 PM

We are pretty confident we're going forward with takeAcoin (TAK). takeAcoin.org & takeactionproject.org will be our two sources of information.

Take Action Project will be the forefront of our focus. We will be releasing more information about the project and our mission after we get everything settle from a technical standpoint. The basic idea behind the project is that we would encourage people who already choose to donate to any organization in the world to make the payment in takeAcoin, if they do so Take Action Project will donate an additional 1-2% in takeAcoin to the same charity.

We are hoping over the next few days to have a temporary website available to provide some basic information of the idea as well as our wallet to be downloadable. We will ask for some patients in taking this project to the next level. My friends and I are pretty dedicated to this idea, we've been extremely interested in crypto for roughly a years time now - and we've been looking for a way to integrate our business idea with crypto currencies for some time. However we all have full time jobs, we are spread out geographically and we like to take our time in making decisions/moves. We will have more good stuff to come in the coming days & weeks. We appreciate the help of those who have been provided support! Please feel free to post or PM me if you have feedback/comments/suggestions in anyway. Thanks!

Here's another acronym you can use:

Thoughtfulness And Kindness Coin

Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:29:46 PM

Here's another acronym you can use:

Thoughtfulness And Kindness Coin

Well I think we're happy with Take Action as well as takeAcoin
I appreciate you providing the suggestion thought =) please feel free to throw any ideas out there
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:53:53 PM

Im glad you guys are sticking with Take Action... This coin will stand for something. I and Many other businesses will be glad to accept it since some of the profits when you use the coin will go to help animal and charitable causes. We can turn this community into a real movement were people have some securities while helping others and taking action for causes.  Thanks to the team for believing in the root of it all. I know in business people need to make money for their time and I know a project with good intention like this one will have more than enough for everyone. With this said lets all work together for the good because in the end when you do good, good comes back multiplied.

Again if you guys need me in any way let me know, I can help with resources

Im going to buy buy buy so if you want good prices buy them soon cause Im investing heavy on the coin
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

Do you guys have a logo?

We are working on that as we speak.
This is 1 idea we have: http://postimg.org/image/o828p3q87/2f08e930/
We have this idea: http://postimg.org/image/asfpuhuu1/3ba1edad/
We aren't as excited about #2 - although we do like the geometric figure inside the circle on #2
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:02:14 PM

Im glad you guys are sticking with Take Action... This coin will stand for something. I and Many other businesses will be glad to accept it since some of the profits when you use the coin will go to help animal and charitable causes. We can turn this community into a real movement were people have some securities while helping others and taking action for causes.  Thanks to the team for believing in the root of it all. I know in business people need to make money for their time and I know a project with good intention like this one will have more than enough for everyone. With this said lets all work together for the good because in the end when you do good, good comes back multiplied.

Again if you guys need me in any way let me know, I can help with resources

Im going to buy buy buy so if you want good prices buy them soon cause Im investing heavy on the coin

Thanks for the support!! There are going to be many ways we are going to be able to incorporate our idea with businesses and charities around the globe! I think Take Action will really be a big success. Incorporating the concept of micro-donations similar to micro-loans in 3rd world counties will be a great starting point for us as well.

TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:05:43 PM

If you all must really know, between this and my investment in Maxcoin I'm now down about $80,000 in 4 weeks. $40,000 or so from TAK. There was no scam in this at all. I take full responsibility for all the mistakes and results but I can tell you I did not profit, in fact im trying to recoup myself. I did rebuy in around 110-180 on Mintpal yesterday so we'll see what happens with that.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:12:25 PM

Do you guys have a logo?

We aren't as excited about #2 - although we do like the geometric figure inside the circle on #2
What does the stop sign looking shape mean though?
I think you should have something related to charities and helping if that's what the coin is all about

Something like:

With colour and stuff, or maybe a helping hand reaching out with a TAK coin in the hand

I don't know what you guys are going for though

We're open to anything at the moment - personally i like just a clean and sleek look. Either something like bitcoin with the round orange and B in the middle - do with a T. Or just even have it be a solid color and just a unique shape.

But i'll run this idea by everyone
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Do you guys have a logo?

What does the stop sign looking shape mean though?
I think you should have something related to charities and helping if that's what the coin is all about

Something like:

With colour and stuff, or maybe a helping hand reaching out with a TAK coin in the hand

I don't know what you guys are going for though

We're open to anything at the moment - personally i like just a clean and sleek look. Either something like bitcoin with the round orange and B in the middle - do with a T. Or just even have it be a solid color and just a unique shape.

But i'll run this idea by everyone

Good concept this is more on the right direction I would say, coin logo should speak for itself.
Snotty

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:29:12 PM

Do you guys have a logo?

I really like simplicity and colors of current logo in twitter, but, I guess, not everyone is fond of LGBT flag.
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:30:20 PM

milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:32:02 PM

Isnt there already Takeicoin?

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
Xosihc

Hello

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:34:59 PM

Isnt there already Takeicoin?

We are working on re-branding the coin. For legal reasons the name Takeicoin had to be changed. We are keeping the TAK abbreviation but the coin will soon be called takeAcoin. We don't really have a choice when it comes to keeping the name.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: