Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:28:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TAKCoin REBRANDED . TOLERANCE. ACCEPTANCE. KNOWLEDGE [TAK] is Back. SHA256  (Read 148356 times)
Bradlu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:46:24 PM

I really like the design as well. Very nice and professional looking.
oue.st

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 09:27:19 PM

REQUIRED NEW WALLET DOWNLOAD - KIMOTO GRAVITY WELL http://takticker.com/

This is only for the icon change isn't it ?

Crypto-enthousiaste depuis 2011 - Bitcoin, lebitcoin.fr
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:35:06 PM

It's KARMA logo contest all over again...  The idea is kind of nice (would be better for LOVE coin, thou), but the execution... Bad contrast, meh colors, odd font and unpolished shapes. Those gradients and insets/outsets are driving me crazy too.

Snoty can you take a crack at it, throw in your idea

The problem is, that I have only a basic understanding how a logo or icon should look, but not enough skills to make something more complex by myself. I could TRY something, but I'm not sure what exactly should be reflected in the image - animals, nature, people, love, charity...

Personally, I really like the coin! We are trying to shy away from branding the coin towards anyone organization (trees, animals, red cross, etc) but I think this captures the overall concept of charity/caring without associating us with any specific group.

Don't take this personally, but it makes me a bit nervous, when you say you like this design (maybe you like the idea, that's okay then) and at the same time you say you work in the web design agency. I mean it lacks bazilion basic features of "good logo design".
I think the idea is fine enough to work but the gradients/shading desperately need to be fixed

Maybe it can be tweaked a little...

For some odd reason I daydreamed that the coin was outside of a cheerios box. Like we were donating paper wallets to whoever bought the cereal. They would get the paper wallet inside the cereal box and go to our website to redeem the coins, we would donate a % from the coins to the charities of their choosing on our website. They could also donate to other causes on the website. They could also share the coins with friends and family. Something like that  crazy thoughts
kudrya

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 09:49:23 PM

I think it is already possible to begin to rebuild announcement/specification page. Make mention of rebranding of course, but start build new reality. It should inspire people!)

cant promise, but most likely, that i can finish android wallet in a 7-14 days.
TakeiCoin (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:15:52 PM

I think it is already possible to begin to rebuild announcement/specification page. Make mention of rebranding of course, but start build new reality. It should inspire people!)

cant promise, but most likely, that i can finish android wallet in a 7-14 days.

We definitely need an android wallet. I'll update ANN once we have some more solid plans with the new devs
HahahaComedy

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:16:47 PM

Yes... the logo is missing that certain professional something. Probably because I'm not a professional. I know photoshop pretty well, but lack the artistic background to understand things like shadow, perspective, color theory, anatomy etc... I was just throwing out ideas. I saw this thing below, and thought that's what they chose:

https://i.freeih.com/kxEoVx.png

So I said.. ANYTHING is better than that. Anyway, feel free to use, tweak, or toss my design. Ain't no thang...
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:17:47 PM

The -datadir option still doesn't work for me, damn!
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:24:10 PM

Others confirmed it is working for them... even if other wallets have this working for you on the machine... I would say this appears to be something local to you. What ACTUALLY happens when you try this... what is the response/output you receive?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
LucD88

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:32:17 PM

Others confirmed it is working for them... even if other wallets have this working for you on the machine... I would say this appears to be something local to you. What ACTUALLY happens when you try this... what is the response/output you receive?
The latest (v0.9.1.2) wallet path: D:\wallet\takeicoin-qt.exe

The shortcut: D:\wallet\takeicoin-qt.exe -datadir=D:\wallet\data

Gives no message/warning whatsoever and still it saves in the default (%APPDATA%/TakeiCoin) folder..
Acejam

Activity: 124
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

Well to provide an update from my end (for those few who actually care)...

I work for a web design agency, I'm on the business development side of things so more or less I stay out of the actual building of a site. I asked about having them build me a nice website for our project at a discounted rate, which they were cool with doing. At the end of the day my friends and I have pool together some $20k to fund this project. Now that's not $20k we are dumping into the coin... It's $20k we have for everything. That includes; building the website, buying the project from the previous developer as well as having some reserve cash to actual donate to charities. Subtract all those expenses and what is left will be what we can afford to actually invest in a coin. As I mentioned in an earlier post this morning we actually don't have that large of a position in TAK even at this moment. Being that the coin is so difficult to liquidate we want to make sure we are limiting our risk. We'd rather buy in later for a smaller position than risk losing our principle just to have a larger % of coin.

As I mentioned to somebody else in this forum - I totally get it! We are a bunch of unknown guys just talking about a pipe dream at this point and we have nothing to show for our "plan". This is probably what happens with 99% of the coins made and next thing you know its just a pump/dump scheme.

What i can tell you is that we really do have a goal at mind here outside of just raising the value of the coin. We are honest people and really have the goal of doing some good things here. You don't believe me? I'd be happy to talk outside of this forum 1 on 1 and tell you more about my personal history and my involvement with charity work. I'd also be happy to talk about how bitcoin has become my life and I spend more time involved in the crypto community than anywhere else. I have a vision of combining these two aspects of my life and while we are just in the initial phase of a bigger picture - this is a REAL dream of mine.

In regards to Takeicoin - and the fact we have decided to try and launch our project in conjunction with what's already happened - really was by chance. I think the most important thing from our end is that we feel the coin (or the currency we use) is SO UNIMPORTANT relative to the message we are really trying to get out to the public - we want the focus to be away from the coin. Crpyto currency still scares everyone SO much the challenge is going to be getting people on board with the project regardless if we used Bitcoin, TAK, or FreeMoneyCoin. If we're successful with those efforts (which will be the big make/break) 2 years from now it won't really matter whether we jumped on board with a coin already in existence or whether we started our own coin. If we can actually connect with some charities around the world and get more money into their hands thanks to crypto currencies in general - we would hope it doesn't matter what the coin is called or whether or not it was "premined" or that its SHA256 etc. etc.

And I will say this again as I've said many times before - we encourage and welcome supporters but we aren't forcing anyone to stick around at wait this whole thing out. It will be much easier to support the cause when we actually have a website launched - some charities on board - and some marketing materials - but those all take time to develop so all I can say on our end is we are going to work as fast as possible to make those resources available.

The whole idea behind Bitcoin is to be open source. It shouldn't take $20k to start a coin. If you go and blow $5-10k on a website, I think you'll be doing everyone a huge disservice - but it's your money. Many people in this community are very talented. List what you need done and I'm sure you will get some offers.
daemonfox

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:16:49 PM

Gives no message/warning whatsoever and still it saves in the default (%APPDATA%/TakeiCoin) folder..

Since I do not know what you have done already... have you created the D:\wallet\data folder beforehand and have you made sure what the folder privileges are? Not sure if maybe you are expecting it to create the folder for you and maybe the application has a trust issue so the drive will not allow the folder to be created so it defaults, or if you did make the folder and it does not like something about how its privileges are set so it can't use it and again defaults.

Testing myself right now with the new wallet.

Edit: did all this myself and have the same results as you... QT refuses to use the directory you point it to with the -datadir flag both in a shortcut and from a command prompt.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:18:25 PM

For some odd reason I daydreamed that the coin was outside of a cheerios box. Like we were donating paper wallets to whoever bought the cereal. They would get the paper wallet inside the cereal box and go to our website to redeem the coins, we would donate a % from the coins to the charities of their choosing on our website. They could also donate to other causes on the website. They could also share the coins with friends and family. Something like that  crazy thoughts

Dude! (assuming you're a guy) I really love that idea! What we need at this stage of the game are more ideas like this being thrown around to brainstorm off of. We already have a general sense of direction as to where we want to take this project but that's not to say we can't get creative with this!! Keep it up!
Snotty

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:21:01 PM

This logo makes no sense and I used a tree from the assets of my game, but it might give someone more ideas. I can't draw people holding hands, unfortunately.
saugwurm

Activity: 1061
Merit: 551

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:25:16 PM

Someone can look at that coin and within 2 seconds understand it is somehow tied into sharing/caring/positive energy and that's all we can ask for. We're not 100% sold on this design yet - but 3 out of the 4 of us that have looked at it like it.
I really like the simple minimalistic black&white logo on your temp page. Why not just use this? Or let the guy design the logo who made this.
Xosihc

Activity: 538

Hello

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:33:35 PM

Someone can look at that coin and within 2 seconds understand it is somehow tied into sharing/caring/positive energy and that's all we can ask for. We're not 100% sold on this design yet - but 3 out of the 4 of us that have looked at it like it.
I really like the simple minimalistic black&white logo on your temp page. Why not just use this? Or let the guy design the logo who made this.

haha actually I like that too - originally our plan was to go as simplistic as possible. 1 color with either a T or TAK - so yeah I can see the appeal to this as well
TheBanksLife

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:46:34 PM

I made this one you can see on the temporary page.

kudrya

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:43:31 AM

TEpg1uN1wguTmXE73WwPFQNfCS4h2SFLcA

Thks!)
sundoged

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 11:45:43 AM

Hi,

I'm confused, has there been a new wallet release or not? Is it available for Mac?

LucD88

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:28:57 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 12:40:04 PM by LucD88

Since I do not know what you have done already... have you created the D:\wallet\data folder beforehand and have you made sure what the folder privileges are? Not sure if maybe you are expecting it to create the folder for you and maybe the application has a trust issue so the drive will not allow the folder to be created so it defaults, or if you did make the folder and it does not like something about how its privileges are set so it can't use it and again defaults.

Testing myself right now with the new wallet.

Edit: did all this myself and have the same results as you... QT refuses to use the directory you point it to with the -datadir flag both in a shortcut and from a command prompt.
I already made the folder (/data) on forehand but it still refuses to use that directory and sticks to the default %APPDATA%/TakeiCoin directory.

But whenever I point it to a folder that doesn't exist (/data2) it gives me an error:

So it actually does something... Also tried renaming the wallet to something without punctuation: wallet.exe but the results remain the same.

Been having this issue since the very first day with this wallet..

EDIT:
Run as Admin from the same drive (C:/) as where %APPDATA%/TakeiCoin is located doesn't solve the issue either. Already gave Full permissions to both the wallet and data directories. Running out of options here..
Spekkoper

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:47:19 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 09:02:38 PM by Spekkoper

I heard there is a pump on Takcoin tonight, can anyone cofirm this??

It looks like this coin is heading back to 200 satoshi  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: