Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:51:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency  (Read 127165 times)
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 05:12:40 AM

Has anyone tried mining this on the PS3 yet? I have good feelings about the hashrate the cell processor could give if fully utilised.

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
worldinacoin

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 06:18:28 AM

After I reinstalled the Tenebrix client, it doesn't seem to be able to download the blocks Sad , can anyone advise?
Splirow

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 06:25:18 AM

Lolcust,

The scantime option is for what?

freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 06:43:54 AM

Lolcust, when do you create CryptoTurk, the first GPU and CPU hostile, human labor friendly crypto currency?
There is already a nice mining pool at mturk.com .
freequant

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:20:22 AM

Is the head on the git-hub repo really supposed to build under Linux?
I have corrected tens of things that just couldn't possibly compile, and I am still finding more and more of these.
ArtForz

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 08:33:51 AM

I have corrected tens of things that just couldn't possibly compile, and I am still finding more and more of these.
head of what? Tenebrix, Tenebrix-daemon-exp or Tenebrix-miner?

bitcoin: 1Fb77Xq5ePFER8GtKRn2KDbDTVpJKfKmpz
i0coin: jNdvyvd6v6gV3kVJLD7HsB5ZwHyHwAkfdw
freequant

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 09:50:23 AM

Tenebrix

I got it built finally, but quite a few things are broken, probably due to a recent merge from Multicoin and the use of qmake instead of autoconf / automake.

• All the moc_xxx.cpp files include files from src/thread, but this dir doesn't exist (files are in src/qt in fact, so making a symlink thread -> qt does the trick).
  • qmake doesn't generate the makefile with the right dynamic library linking directives.
    I had to add manually the following to LIB (in the below, WXLIBS contain the output of wx-config --libs)
    -lcrypto $(WXLIBS) -ldb -ldb_cxx -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_program_options -lboost_filesyst
  • I had to add manually the output of wx-config --cflags to CXXFLAGS.
  • ui.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoingui.o
    rpc.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoinrpc.o
    Only one of these implementations should make it to the makefile, but currently both are there which creates symbol conflicts.
    Actually, ui.cpp contains MFC code, so much for a unix build...
  • Add -DQT_GUI to DEFINES
  • Plus a few missing or conflicting symbols
    Patch there (check the raw one) : http://pastebin.com/zkwUh9Mb
    Don't apply the patch as is, this is just to point out things that break the build on Debian.
ArtForz

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 09:58:36 AM

Tenebrix

I got it built finally, but quite a few things are broken, probably due to a recent merge from Multicoin and the use of qmake instead of autoconf / automake.

• All the moc_xxx.cpp files include files from src/thread, but this dir doesn't exist (files are in src/qt in fact, so making a symlink thread -> qt does the trick).
  • qmake doesn't generate the makefile with the right dynamic library linking directives.
    I had to add manually the following to LIB (in the below, WXLIBS contain the output of wx-config --libs)
    -lcrypto $(WXLIBS) -ldb -ldb_cxx -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_program_options -lboost_filesyst
  • I had to add manually the output of wx-config --cflags to CXXFLAGS.
  • ui.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoingui.o
    rpc.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoinrpc.o
    Only one of these implementations should make it to the makefile, but currently both are there which creates symbol conflicts.
    Actually, ui.cpp contains MFC code, so much for a unix build...
  • Add -DQT_GUI to DEFINES
  • Plus a few missing or conflicting symbols
    Patch there (check the raw one) : http://pastebin.com/zkwUh9Mb
    Don't apply the patch as is, this is just to point out things that break the build on Debian.
That's ... weird.
I'm pretty much seeing *zero* of those building tenebrix on debian... Are you sure you started with a clean tree?

freequant

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 10:07:03 AM

That's ... weird.
I'm pretty much seeing *zero* of those building tenebrix on debian... Are you sure you started with a clean tree?

I did a clean clone of the repo https://github.com/Lolcust/Tenebrix.git like 3h ago.
Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 10:10:44 AM

I'm still lucky enough to get one block per 2-4 hours. Tongue

What are you using to mine?
Q8800 with 3 threads at 1.10 khash/s each.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
ArtForz

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 10:24:27 AM

That's ... weird.

I did a clean clone of the repo https://github.com/Lolcust/Tenebrix.git like 3h ago.
Well, here's what build output for me on sid amd64 looks like: http://pastie.org/2621383
On ubuntu natty amd64 ... same thing. clone repo, qmake, make, Huh, profit... errr... binary built!
So... not sure wth is going wrong on your system.

edit: just tried on natty i386 ... again same thing, builds fine.

freequant

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 10:39:49 AM

That's ... weird.

Well, here's what build output for me on sid amd64 looks like: http://pastie.org/2621383
On ubuntu natty amd64 ... same thing. clone repo, qmake, make, Huh, profit... errr... binary built!
So... not sure wth is going wrong on your system.

edit: just tried on natty i386 ... again same thing, builds fine.

Strange indeed.
Debian squeeze amd64, but quite a few of my libs are local builds.
Nevermind, it works fine now.
I will take a closer look at the root cause if I still run into conflicts next time I do an update.
ama

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 10:44:22 AM

I just lost my 24 coins when I did a reinstallation Sad , took me a long time to mine.

Have you used the box a lot since then?  Your private keys might still be there.  There are some programs which scan the data in the disk for them and recover them for you to import in a new wallet.  It might be worth it to try.

worldinacoin

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 11:03:07 AM

Thanks, but been using the box a lot.  Treating it as a lesson.  To all, do remember to backup your wallets Smiley
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 11:20:41 AM

Actually i feel the new windows release is completely useless & a mess.
Instead of just giving a bat file with flags as last time, it asks questions to select thread, algo....which is not necessary.
Also Lolcust used same name for the file.
I too was just going to replace it with old folder & suddenly found out both has same names. So i changed old folder to tenebrix pack old & extracted new file.
After i find the new bat file useless, i just copied the new bat file, & link to start tenebrix & deleted the new folder & zip file itself, so that i won't get confuse in future.
If a NEW file is released , then it MUST HAVE some thing to differentiate from old file. So that extracting it, wont extract it to old folder & as said in other post that wisdomtool lost wallet & 24 coins won't happen.

Hope here after all releases have some file name difference from others files.

Pool is needed very badly. I hope Simplecoin.us can start pool mining for tenebrix also ASAP

caston

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 12:11:54 PM

I agree we need a pool. My machine with an Phenom II 6 core has only found one block in about 10 hours.

worldinacoin

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 12:14:25 PM

I thought I am the only one having such bad luck Smiley , you too!

I agree we need a pool. My machine with an Phenom II 6 core has only found one block in about 10 hours.
caston

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2011, 12:36:51 PM

I thought I am the only one having such bad luck Smiley , you too!

Yeah "average time per block at 1 kHash/s: 2 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes, 19 seconds" my arse!

Lolcust (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 01:33:42 PM

I just lost my 24 coins when I did a reinstallation Sad , took me a long time to mine.

How did you manage to do this ? (sincere question I would like to understand to prevent such events in the future

If you overwrote the folder, the wallet of all things should have remained untouched (as the release pack does not have a wallet.dat of its own lol)...

Did you try rescan=1 ?

Instead of just giving a bat file with flags as last time, it asks questions to select thread, algo....which is not necessary.

It does not ask for algo selection, only IP, userpass, scantime and thread number Smiley

It was done so because I was getting a lot of questions about how to edit bat files and complaints along the lines of "I edited the minerfile thing and now it crashes, there is no god !!!"

If interactive bat does not suit your taste, you can turn it into a non-interactive one by erasing all the fluff (except the last line, the one with minerd in it) and changing %variables% to numbers

Or maybe I should add an option to execute a pre-set string instead of taking a "mining quiz" ? (I bet that would confuse and befuddle the user who tried editing his minerd tho  Undecided)

Which file do you mean ?

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
worldinacoin

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 01:43:16 PM

I installed the newest version and the coins disappear, did not try a rescan=1, where should I put this line in?

How did you manage to do this ? (sincere question I would like to understand to prevent such events in the future

If you overwrote the folder, the wallet of all things should have remained untouched (as the release pack does not have a wallet.dat of its own lol)...

Did you try rescan=1 ?

It does not ask for algo selection, only IP, userpass, scantime and thread number Smiley

It was done so because I was getting a lot of questions about how to edit bat files and complaints along the lines of "I edited the minerfile thing and now it crashes, there is no god !!!"

If interactive bat does not suit your taste, you can turn it into a non-interactive one by erasing all the fluff (except the last line, the one with minerd in it) and changing %variables% to numbers

Or maybe I should add an option to execute a pre-set string instead of taking a "mining quiz" ? (I bet that would confuse and befuddle the user who tried editing his minerd tho  Undecided)

Which file do you mean ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: