News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Pos be implemented in beecoin
Yes
No
Maybe someday
This isn't a good idea

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES  (Read 123008 times)
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:46:51 AM

Can anyone share an opinion on the network hash here?

Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:58:20 AM

I was mining on bee updapool and I'm finished there.
I got 11000 kh/s and please you make calculations instead of me
here is printscreen of wallet
Pool calculations on low difficulty I made should be few millions bee's and I got wallet ballance: 1175225.65007471 BEE
Please make your own calculations compared to other pool's
All this is made for aroung 35 hours of mining. 15x 7970 730 mh/s each

I can confirm I got much more income at steadymining
WTF. udamoon should be banned

If updamoon can 100% be confirmed as cheating, we will start a thread in the main section and put the word out his pool is scamming, that will get all this other pools taken out too. Could be a big problem for him.

So everyone so far is concluding updamoon is somehow scamming with his pool?  Seems everyone is saying so?

We shouldn't just move pools and forget about this.... think how much he is scamming on all his other pools?

Can the block explorer be used to prove this from their wallet address?
Look, I'll give every information available from wallet and transaction history. There are all transactions made from only his pool (except that 100 in and out BEE's for wallet testing purposes)
Unfortunately there is no way that I can imagine the block explorer has any data on this.
The scam from a pool can only be detected by actually checking in their database and by looking at payouts.
If the statistics are way off, then something is wrong, since a large pool with lots of blocks found must be very close to average.
The pool's scam is simply that they inflate their number of shares, so they pay out less per work done (since the inflated database
does not generate more work, only more empty shares), so the block finding rate stays the same from the active miners, but the
payouts are divided over the actual miners and the ghosts that only exist in the pool database.
This is visible from the pool hash rate and nr of shares not matching with the block finding time and rewards.
Your own rewards can be *calculated* from the network hash rate and your own hashing rate, that is the fraction of each block that
you should get, for example if your hash rate is 1/50,000 of network hash rate then you should get an average 2 coins for every block, so 4 coins per minute. (100k coins reward and 1/2 minute block time).
All this means that there is no way to *prove* that UpDaMoon is scamming, only that everyone (big and small hash rates) find that they get about half the expected payouts, while at other pools such as Steadymining the payout is as calculated.
I am with Steadymining since start: 57 hours and received 98k BEE with my 210kh/s so that is very close to 8 BEE per hour per kh/s.

My recommendation for pools like Updamoon (I have seen the same scam with other pools for other coins, incidentally Doge from which BEE is derived) is to add a *WARNING* to the first page of this announcement thread, stating that there are many confirmed reports that the payout from this pool does not match expectation.
That is probably all a miner needs to avoid that pool as the plague and we do not need to *prove* anything, just state what we have observed in our own experience.
Bee-coin, can you update the first page?

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Cor2

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:05:03 AM

Can anyone share an opinion on the network hash here?
The picture that you are showing supports the discussion that we are having about pools who are inflating their pool hash rate,
so they can pay out less and keep a good chunk of the money that should be payed out to miners for their work!
Updamoon and Idcray are the only two BEE pools that from time to time display a higher *pool* hash rate than the total *network* hash rate,
so this confirms the suspicion that their database is inflating the pool numbers (without adding more work).
Since the network hash rate is probably calculated from all the work returned (I am not sure, anybody can confirm?) you see that the network hash rate (actual work) is smaller than the inflated pool statistics.
The pool will not deliver more work, of course, but it will divide the incoming coins between the actual miners and the ghosts in their database
so the pool operator can keep up to half the combined income of all miners.
You draw your own conclusion from checking your payments - compare with the numbers that I have posted before and multiply with your own hash rate to see if you get what you should!

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
bizzargin

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:12:43 AM

40k/hour with 3mh seems legit, I'm thinking the pool software is just not accurate due to delay and myktipool switching?! 

I dunno tho I'm no math pro and too lazy to work it out on my phone.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:41:22 AM

40k/hour with 3mh seems legit, I'm thinking the pool software is just not accurate due to delay and myktipool switching?! 

40k per hour with 3mh seems actually very very good

maject

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:06:30 AM

We have never encountered such an issue, and network hashrate is very unstable.

Our technical administrator are tracking this issue, He thinks this problem may be caused by delayed node.

Our other pools are normal.

- UPDAMOON.COM

【Donate, If I help you】 BTC: 1CAJMRAPXn5HaHBAJHzsHu8RbBjWRb47Z5 | LTC: LiPLbTegJ5jQ39B3xt88jWwpGTZHYoSjwR
Beecoin POOL : bee.updamoon.com | Leafcoin POOL : leaf.updamoon.com | Mooncoin POOL : moon.updamoon.com | Foxcoin POOL : fox.updamoon.com | Gatescoin POOL : gtc.updamoon.com | Smartcoin POOL : smc.updamoon.com
Cor2

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:51:03 AM

guys steadyminning better or updamoon for beecoin mining ?

Wel everyone is saying steady and it's a good idea to spread the hash rate out as updamoon has a lot of the network hash rate already.

I've been on steady for 5 hours now and have earned just a little more than I did at updamoon in 6 and 1/2 hours but the samples are a bit too small to tell and it's certainly not as if I was getting half the amount or anything as others seem to be saying.

Same here, just for balance - been on updamoon since launch, can't see a lot of difference - maybe just plain luck on steadymining's side. With 5.7Mh/s, I'm getting around 30-40,000 coins an hour.
After dozens of blocks found, there is no such thing as luck - it is only a few percent that you can be away from avg by that time.
As I calculated before, you should get over 8 BEE per hour (at least, that is what I got mining from the start) so that means that your 5.7Mh/s should get you an average over the last 59 hours of more than 45,000 BEE per hour, more than 2.7M BEE total.

Cor2

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:57:06 AM

Our technical administrator are tracking this issue, He thinks this problem may be caused by delayed node.
Hi Maject,
The payouts to the miners will show if they get their expected shares. It is simple to calculate and compare.
Network hash rate is equal for all pools, so if one pool pays more for the same hash rate as another pool
over the same time period and it is long enough that luck is not an issue, then it becomes clear if a pool
has issues or is paying a fair share.
Good luck looking into the issues of your pool to find where the missing payouts went.

Cor2

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:02:57 AM

Indeed!
Bizzargin, which pool are you on and what period are you looking at?
Note that looking at a small number of payouts can give a skewed number, because you may see a few quick blocks and miss the large gap before from a long time waiting for a block...
The 3 Mh/s you are quoting should deliver about 24,000 coins per hour *average*.

vetalysd

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:08:56 AM

BeeCoin added to CryptoTop!!!
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
bizzargin

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:57:55 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:35:00 AM by bizzargin

Indeed!
Bizzargin, which pool are you on and what period are you looking at?
Note that looking at a small number of payouts can give a skewed number, because you may see a few quick blocks and miss the large gap before from a long time waiting for a block...
The 3 Mh/s you are quoting should deliver about 24,000 coins per hour *average*.

Bee.idcray.com and to be more accurate, 2.85 Mh is my rig avg

Here's my last 4 transactions and times. Auto payout 20k
https://i.imgur.com/d0oe8R2.jpg

Edit* IMG was too damn big
ShibeonBarkmont

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:03:28 AM

Can anyone tell me what happened to the hop.to pool. All my coins were on there and it looks like there is no website or pool there anymore! What happened? I just want my coins.
PyroClasTix

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 05:11:29 AM

Can anyone tell me what happened to the hop.to pool. All my coins were on there and it looks like there is no website or pool there anymore! What happened? I just want my coins.
Yeah, it started acting funny ever since yesterday. Glad I pulled out.
ShibeonBarkmont

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:14:21 AM

Sad seriously my coins are gone! It wasn't a lot only 50k but they were still my coins that I mined! What are my options?
Cor2

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:20:22 AM

That pools claims to have 465 of the Network 790Mh/s (it is low now) which means that they are now the biggest pool.
Indeed, their stats show that they find more than every third block (38% of all blocks) on average,
so with the Network hash rate regularly jumping up to ~4Gh/s I can believe that their finding rate is correct.
Which means that you should get a payout of a few BEE into your pool wallet almost every minute.
However, your wallet shows amounts that are more than 3000 coins higher than the payout threshold.
Does this pool give special rewards that you can have more than 3000 coins payout so you get 23k in your wallet?
There is also a large period of no deposits - did you mine somewhere else in that time?
The last 4 deposits are with an interval of 33, 34 and 46 minutes = 113 min for 3 payments, avg 38 mins.
The avg payout was 23-20-21k, so just over 21k. This means a payout of over 33k per hour over those 2 hours.
Pretty good, since the total avg over all of BEE's lifetime (62 hours) is closer to 24k/h for your hashing power.
Of course, this shorter period can cause a skew of payouts, if for example the network hashing power is lower
for a larger portion of that time period then the payouts increase, because the diff lowers and you contribute
relative larger chunk of the work per block.

mezzovide

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:23:06 AM

Need more hash power at steadymining!

Btc : 12LMdyWoyjJ1BZxfWmaZMWjTXn7S9y5EdK
Cor2

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:30:00 AM

Need more hash power at steadymining!
Actually SteadyMining has been doing great - possibly due to my comments about their fair payouts.
On Sunday they had been running a long time on a single block with only 2Mh/s so I did not get a payout for over 13 hours,
but when I did get the rewards, I got more than 10% of the whole block rewards, because my hashing power was over 10% of the pool.
Now the hashing power has increased many times to 88Mh/s which makes no difference in the rewards per day (since that is only dependent on your own hash power and network hash power, not on the pool hash power!) but I am getting more frequent smaller payouts.
So, instead of a payout of 8,000 after 13 hours, it is now a few hundred coins several times per hour.
I am OK with either, since the pool should not make a difference in the long run, I only wanted to help other miners finding a good pool
when I noticed other pools not paying their fair share...

bizzargin

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:31:58 AM

That pools claims to have 465 of the Network 790Mh/s (it is low now) which means that they are now the biggest pool.
Indeed, their stats show that they find more than every third block (38% of all blocks) on average,
so with the Network hash rate regularly jumping up to ~4Gh/s I can believe that their finding rate is correct.
Which means that you should get a payout of a few BEE into your pool wallet almost every minute.
However, your wallet shows amounts that are more than 3000 coins higher than the payout threshold.
Does this pool give special rewards that you can have more than 3000 coins payout so you get 23k in your wallet?
There is also a large period of no deposits - did you mine somewhere else in that time?
The last 4 deposits are with an interval of 33, 34 and 46 minutes = 113 min for 3 payments, avg 38 mins.
The avg payout was 23-20-21k, so just over 21k. This means a payout of over 33k per hour over those 2 hours.
Pretty good, since the total avg over all of BEE's lifetime (62 hours) is closer to 24k/h for your hashing power.
Of course, this shorter period can cause a skew of payouts, if for example the network hashing power is lower
for a larger portion of that time period then the payouts increase, because the diff lowers and you contribute
relative larger chunk of the work per block.

Yea I was mining solo for a bit. Pool was acting strange so I moved for the night.
No bonus, just 5 min pay interval and I can collect over the 20k during that 5 minutes.

Great analysis Cor2. Its a short time period so I'm sure it evens out over time. I'll check it out after 12 hours or so, but it feels like they're legit.  

Cor2

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:37:07 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 06:03:40 AM by Cor2

Sad seriously my coins are gone! It wasn't a lot only 50k but they were still my coins that I mined! What are my options?
How far away are you from Reno? Just kidding - the hopto.org registered company is:
http://pir.org/services/whois/?domain=hopto&submitted=1&Submit=Search
==========================================================
Registrant Organization:Vitalwerks Internet Solutions, LLC
Registrant Street: 100 Washington St.
Registrant City:Reno
Registrant State/Province:NV
Registrant Postal Code:89503
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.7758531883
==========================================================
So, you can try to call them during business hours (PST) or maybe find more info about them on the Internet.
Their domain is registered until next year, so that is not the problem, but it appears that they have a dynamic IP address,
so if their contract with NO-IP is not paid in time, they will lose their DNS and you cannot find their server's dynamic address.
Or NO-IP might have a technical glitch and is not properly forwarding to the correct address, I don't know.
You might occasionally try to open their main web page (hopto.org) and see if it continues to show NO-IP's or that hopto can be found.
Success!

EDIT: I checked the NO-IP website (free dynamic DNS service) and found that same phone nr as their support phone:
http://www.noip.com/support/
So, do not expect to talk to Vitalwerks when you dial that phone nr...
Which also brings me to another point: NO-IP is very strict in what they allow on their free dynamic DNS service.
So, if they judge (or their filters catch things they don't like) or get complaints about a user, they are quick to shut them off.
That might have happened to hopto, whether it was a real problem or not...
Hopefully they can resolve the issue with no-ip and come back online.

maject

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:18:45 AM

Hi Maject,
The payouts to the miners will show if they get their expected shares. It is simple to calculate and compare.
Network hash rate is equal for all pools, so if one pool pays more for the same hash rate as another pool
over the same time period and it is long enough that luck is not an issue, then it becomes clear if a pool
has issues or is paying a fair share.
Good luck looking into the issues of your pool to find where the missing payouts went.

We have tried to solve this problem, but it takes time to observe results.

We are fair, Because we want long-term running. As you see, we continue to improve user experience.

【Donate, If I help you】 BTC: 1CAJMRAPXn5HaHBAJHzsHu8RbBjWRb47Z5 | LTC: LiPLbTegJ5jQ39B3xt88jWwpGTZHYoSjwR
Beecoin POOL : bee.updamoon.com | Leafcoin POOL : leaf.updamoon.com | Mooncoin POOL : moon.updamoon.com | Foxcoin POOL : fox.updamoon.com | Gatescoin POOL : gtc.updamoon.com | Smartcoin POOL : smc.updamoon.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: