News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Pos be implemented in beecoin
Yes
No
Maybe someday
This isn't a good idea

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES  (Read 123003 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:42:50 PM

2% is pretty much, but if he can get the BEE's value rise, he deserves it. Remember that, if bee's were to vanish, human will be the same. And if the Beecoin die, all your coin will become zero value coin. Donate 2% to increase the beecoin's value up is a good idea.

Yes , exactly this coin with a good dev and some nice projects/ services developed you can see many 1000 % rise for this coin. People should not worry about a 2% block tax for the dev if he is working hard. I hope this dev returns but should he not come back then beecoin will actually be a great project for a new dev to take over.

I was initially very interested in this coin because i was there on launch and witnessed the first perfect launch.... everything went well, the diff on this was the first i had seen to retarget at that rate, nobody could instamine this coin and i synced up on block 18 or 20 and still it was impossible to get blocks the diff went over 1 in a few blocks. The dev did not premine, the network actually went to 7 GH very quickly and then it because so hard to mine coins.

It was totally fair... the problem is because the dev did not choose to premine or instamine he now has hardly any coins i guess so there is a lack of motivation to push the coin or else he probably has a full time job and this is a hobby.

Later i noticed someone mentioning we should contribute to save the bees. I looked into this and was shocked at how serious this issue is....however i don't think many people are even aware of this catastrophe .....

I think that a switch from meme to a serious image for a coin that has a purpose will put BeeCoin on the right track. If the purpose of supporting bees can be achieved by block taxation, that may do well.
A tax for the dev .... that may play against the fair image that was already achieved. I think the dev may gain more by maintaining a successfully fair coin.

Anyway, our first need I think, is to develop some kind of communication channel with the dev.

I agree for sure, the 2% dev fund would need to be put toward the good of the coin. However i do think a skill programmer deserves reward for their effort. If we want a highly skilled dev with lots of passion for the coin he needs payment and needs money to do projects with. Of course full public address and ledger.

2% of beecoin right now is not worth much ..... we need highly talented individuals to lead this coin and they will want some kind of reward.

I notice some excellent devs on this board.

Funds are required to fund projects, if we don't have projects then there is no real reason for bee coin.

The 2% for a save the bees fund is a great idea and should be our main focus.

Come on guys we will still get 96% of the block rewards for us. 96% of a coin at 250 sat on the BTC market is a LOT more than 100% of a coin at 7 on the ltc market.

Let's not be mean over pence and lose sight of a big picture here.

Personally i would not care if a bigger percentage was donated to the bee saving project at all , so long it is fair for everyone. I don't care for a world with no bees.... according to scientists that could be a very grim place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
venmo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:53:38 PM

2% is nothing. If it attracts someone to come in and do a good job I am all for it.
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:54:34 PM

Hey Everybody,

Also with all the great ideas being posted so far what do you think of having a facebook or twitter tipping bot (If possible, like the reddit ones)

I think it would be good once we find some groups to actively support, I think this would be the best http://sos-bees.org/

As Greenpeace is Global if we could provide them with funding I that actually helped change the world (NO BEES NO FOOD) 

Spend your Bees here: www.gems4coins.com  (You mine Bee, and trade for real gemstones that have been mined, cut, and polished!)

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:40:00 AM

2% is nothing. If it attracts someone to come in and do a good job I am all for it.

Exactly... 2 % gradual for work done is fair.

Let's give this dev just a bit more time.... perhaps he is busy doing things.

Then if no word after a while we seek a new dev, one that is very active and has a good track record.

Start a new thread with the new details...

I think once awareness to the size of the bee depletion issue is known and 2% of all blocks sold will go to that cause is a great reason to mine, even for people outside of the crypto community.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:03:00 PM

Hey Everybody,

Also with all the great ideas being posted so far what do you think of having a facebook or twitter tipping bot (If possible, like the reddit ones)

I think it would be good once we find some groups to actively support, I think this would be the best http://sos-bees.org/

As Greenpeace is Global if we could provide them with funding I that actually helped change the world (NO BEES NO FOOD)  

Spend your Bees here: www.gems4coins.com  (You mine Bee, and trade for real gemstones that have been mined, cut, and polished!)

Yes that would be a good idea....

Ok guys come on get talking about the possibility of bringing in a new dev. I'm not sure what happened to the old dev but we now need to consider bringing in a new leader if we want to see beecoin go further.

So are we all in favour of advertising for a new developer to come and take over beecoin.

2% dev pot funding and 2% for the bee preservation sites either greenpeace one or the other one??

If we are in favour we will start seeking a new developer asap?

Also we need to talk about coin design.... i see the introduction of POS seems to be favoured. This is quite complex and will need a skilled dev.

Do we leave block rewards the same and block scaling the same?

Do we leave it scrypt or perhaps move to a qrk code so everyone in the world who would like to mine for bee's can try on their home cpu

We need to discuss these things now so we know what we want the developer to do.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:01:44 PM

Hey Everybody,

Spend your Bees here: www.gems4coins.com  (You mine Bee, and trade for real gemstones that have been mined, cut, and polished!)

Ok guys come on get talking about the possibility of bringing in a new dev. I'm not sure what happened to the old dev but we now need to consider bringing in a new leader if we want to see beecoin go further.

So are we all in favour of advertising for a new developer to come and take over beecoin.

2% dev pot funding and 2% for the bee preservation sites either greenpeace one or the other one??

Also we need to talk about coin design.... i see the introduction of POS seems to be favoured. This is quite complex and will need a skilled dev.

Do we leave it scrypt or perhaps move to a qrk code so everyone in the world who would like to mine for bee's can try on their home cpu

We need to discuss these things now so we know what we want the developer to do.

I find it quite rude, that the dev just abandons his coin and hardly communicates. Fine, the dev may be busy, but he only needs to write one sentence every 2 or 3 days on this forum, just to show that he is still around.

REGARDING POS, I FEEL THAT WE NEED TO ELIMINATE SOME BLOCK REWARDS, PREFERABLY AT THE THIRD BLOCK HALVING, SO THAT THIS COIN BECOMES 100% POS AT THIRD HALVING.

MY IDEA IS THAT THIS WILL FORCE MINERS TO COMPETE, FROM THIS VERY MOMENT, UP UNTIL THE THIRD HALVING, WILL MAKE THE COIN SCARCE, VALUABLE AND EXPENSIVE.

BLOCK REWARDS COULD LOOK LIKE THIS:

1-100,000: 0-200,000 BeeCoin Reward

100,001-200,000: 0-100,000 BeeCoin Reward

200,001-300,000: 0-50,000 BeeCoin Reward

300,000+: POS

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:15:48 PM

Hey Everybody,

I find it quite rude, that the dev just abandons his coin and hardly communicates. Fine, the dev may be busy, but he only needs to write one sentence every 2 or 3 days on this forum, just to show that he is still around.

REGARDING POS, I FEEL THAT WE NEED TO ELIMINATE SOME BLOCK REWARDS, PREFERABLY AT THE THIRD BLOCK HALVING, SO THAT THIS COIN BECOMES 100% POS AT THIRD HALVING.

MY IDEA IS THAT THIS WILL FORCE MINERS TO COMPETE, FROM THIS VERY MOMENT, UP UNTIL THE THIRD HALVING, WILL MAKE THE COIN SCARCE, VALUABLE AND EXPENSIVE.

I agree with you on some points, however.... i think POS only coins have some security issues. POW + POS seems more secure.

Really POS is a lot more complex than POW, when adt was looking for new developers to make them a new chain.... It demonstrated very few devs understand working with POS.

Yes many devs can clone an already existing POS coin, but if things go wrong..... then sadly there are very few developers that can assist.

I think going pure POS after a time will require us to have a 1st class developer on board.

I am going to approach a few developers about this. However to my knowledge.......very few on devs on here can fix a broken pos coin.

We need to find out a lot of details ...... i am asking questions and trying to find out.

victoriaparker

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:47:22 PM

Hey Everybody,

I agree with you on some points, however.... i think POS only coins have some security issues. POW + POS seems more secure.

Really POS is a lot more complex than POW, when adt was looking for new developers to make them a new chain.... It demonstrated very few devs understand working with POS.

Yes many devs can clone an already existing POS coin, but if things go wrong..... then sadly there are very few developers that can assist.

I think going pure POS after a time will require us to have a 1st class developer on board.

I am going to approach a few developers about this. However to my knowledge.......very few on devs on here can fix a broken pos coin.

We need to find out a lot of details ...... i am asking questions and trying to find out.

I have been searching the board for suitable developers too. I will pm you some ideas.

This coin could really appeal to a lot of people especially with the automatic donation to the bee societies mentioned.

This is a very important subject and one that i think most would come on board with once they are aware of the potential seriousness of the problem.

Going for a cpu based coin sounds like a very big change, is that actually possible now we have started with scrypt?

I am in favour of the POS getting to the pow we have now and of the developement 2%

I think we should start moving on this as soon as possible because if the current beecoin developer does not return all the highest value blocks will have been mined already.

I like solo mining this it is real fun but we need encourage others to come on board soon.

Keyser

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:09:46 PM

If it is possible for another developer to take over, then it is not too late.  But without a dev presence, we are getting nowhere. 
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:14:59 PM

If it is possible for another developer to take over, then it is not too late.  But without a dev presence, we are getting nowhere. 

I agree, this is a nice project for some dev to take over.

1. fair successful launch already taken place.
2. nice brandable name for the coin.... BEE anything really.
3. 2% dev fund ongoing to work with
4. good cause if 2% going to the save the bees foundations
5. Some positive following already.

Should i start trying to engage some devs to come over and take over beecoin??

I mean what about the old dev? perhaps he is working on coding the POS.... else why put up the POS poll?

Does anyone think it is a bit soon to be taking over his coin?  has anyone actually spoken to him?

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

I mean what about the old dev? perhaps he is working on coding the POS.... else why put up the POS poll?

Does anyone think it is a bit soon to be taking over his coin?  has anyone actually spoken to him?

The dev is just a VERY POOR COMMUNICATOR. A project like this, that could potentially be worth millions of Dollars, he is just too silent.

Why can't he just leave an inconclusive statement, once every 2 or 3 days?

Keyser

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:10:23 PM

Waiting on the current dev is not an option, imo.  He is clearly not interested.  Even if he posted right now, I bet he would just disappear again.   He has never answered any of my pms or emails.  Hard to understand really, just a little support could give him a nice little profit.

A new dev could bring new life to BEE and get it back to trading for satoshis instead of latoshis.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

Waiting on the current dev is not an option, imo.  He is clearly not interested.  Even if he posted right now, I bet he would just disappear again.   He has never answered any of my pms or emails.  Hard to understand really, just a little support could give him a nice little profit.

A new dev could bring new life to BEE and get it back to trading for satoshis instead of latoshis.

Yes indeed, first thing we do after we have a new dev and a solid source from which we will compile all needed wallets including mac.

Then some services will come next

Next after that will be to get back to having a BTC market. There is only upwards for this coin from now if we pull together and start pushing forward.

Ok then so we will advertise for a new dev.

Beecoin should be of deep interest to a dev considering the points i made above... ie guaranteed dev fund ongoing etc...

Must we have POS? this is going to be the big question. I really do agree it would be nice but that means we will need to locate a class one developer to take this project on.

bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:05:06 PM

I don't think DEV is invisible.  I'm fairly certain he is Chinese and we are a second thought to them.  It's no different than a coin like MINT having a Russian thread. (I wonder how they feel in those situations right?)

If I was a DEV on a coin that was NOT pre-mined, I would take my time with the coin.  I would put my miners on it after a fair launch and just increase my bag while I slowly developed the coin. I would not be surprised if he owns idcray pool. This gives people that ACTUALLY want the coin to succeed, to become bag holders. People seem to have this idea that a coin needs to be on an exchange within a few days and trading for 100's of satoshis.  Too many have failed because of instant pumps to exchanges and giant sell walls.

I'm going to support this coin for quite some time as I really do hope we end up with some sort of initiative to support REAL bees, but I think it's too early to hit the panic switch folks.  I love the idea's floating around, but we're not in a strong position to do much without discrediting the DEV and the coin itself.  If people see a new thread, it sends negative vibes and then no more new adopters.

We need someone to relay info from any Chinese threads or QQ.  We're out of the loop.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

I don't think DEV is invisible.  I'm fairly certain he is Chinese and we are a second thought to them.  It's no different than a coin like MINT having a Russian thread. (I wonder how they feel in those situations right?)

If I was a DEV on a coin that was NOT pre-mined, I would take my time with the coin.  I would put my miners on it after a fair launch and just increase my bag while I slowly developed the coin. I would not be surprised if he owns idcray pool. This gives people that ACTUALLY want the coin to succeed, to become bag holders. People seem to have this idea that a coin needs to be on an exchange within a few days and trading for 100's of satoshis.  Too many have failed because of instant pumps to exchanges and giant sell walls.

I'm going to support this coin for quite some time as I really do hope we end up with some sort of initiative to support REAL bees, but I think it's too early to hit the panic switch folks.  I love the idea's floating around, but we're not in a strong position to do much without discrediting the DEV and the coin itself.  If people see a new thread, it sends negative vibes and then no more new adopters.

We need someone to relay info from any Chinese threads or QQ.  We're out of the loop.

Yes, this is what I have always wanted to say (I am just being funny).

I AM HAPPY THAT THIS COIN DID NOT GET TO CRYPTSY. The price will jump when the coin becomes scarce, with or without POS.

Actually, the coin is becoming public, because of the ridiculously low price - many people are buying at a bargain.

THIS COIN ONLY NEEDS PUBLICITY TO SUCCEED. THE MEME IS OK, BECAUSE IT LOOKS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS.

PEOPLE NEED TO BELIEVE IN THIS COIN FOR IT TO SUCCEED.

ANYWAY, EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL.

The only problem that we have is a silent and partially absent dev.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:20:07 PM

I agree kind of but, if the dev is around why has the main website gone? why take it down? why not a quick reply to say ...hey yes just busy working away on pos or whatever?

Anyway let's give it another day or two but really we need to start developing this coin and getting more people on board. I wonder how many people are actually mining....

I will be sticking with this coin whatever happens even if we need to get another dev in. I am fully on board and want beecoin to succeed. 

Would have been great to have a development pot so we could start planning some projects for this coin.

So give the dev another day or two or start hunting for a new dev now?

Draugr

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:29:29 PM

WTS 39630783 BEE - 0.3 BTC

PM if interested
LongTDP

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:51:21 PM

I agree kind of but, if the dev is around why has the main website gone? why take it down? why not a quick reply to say ...hey yes just busy working away on pos or whatever?

Anyway let's give it another day or two but really we need to start developing this coin and getting more people on board. I wonder how many people are actually mining....

I will be sticking with this coin whatever happens even if we need to get another dev in. I am fully on board and want beecoin to succeed. 

Would have been great to have a development pot so we could start planning some projects for this coin.

So give the dev another day or two or start hunting for a new dev now?

I think we need to give him another few days. Anyway, this is his coin. Try to contact him. If not received any comments yet, be sure to tell him that we will find one new dev; so if he does not agree, then up to us immediately.
blockheadi13

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:59:41 PM

This is rebellion.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:16:13 PM

This is rebellion.

Lol this is nothing like rebellion.... if he still wants to be the dev he only has to say and we will be happy he is back.

However since nobody has heard anything for days and he replies to no messages and the main site is taken down.... people are asking if he wants to continue with this project or not.

If he does that will be excellent.

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: