News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Pos be implemented in beecoin
Yes
No
Maybe someday
This isn't a good idea

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES  (Read 123003 times)
yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:50:51 PM

The best we can do while we wait for some dev feedback, is to keep this thread going, and keep voting on all exchanges.

This coin is good. No premine, fair start, good name, the purpose of supporting bees can be attached ...
The potential is here. Let's keep it going.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 07:57:00 PM

The best we can do while we wait for some dev feedback, is to keep this thread going, and keep voting on all exchanges.

This coin is good. No premine, fair start, good name, the purpose of supporting bees can be attached ...
The potential is here. Let's keep it going.

...... AND the coin is currently very cheap, so please buy up all the litecoin orders.

The dev should just make a random comment every 48 or 72 hours , just to let us know that he is still around.

Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:06:51 PM

we are over half way on the 100k blocks we need to get more miners in here or else the distribution will be too small. .....
how can we encourage more mining right now?
If people knew how easy to solomine this is i think they would be all over it.
I wish I had been solo-mining...
Found 66 blocks with total payout (to the pool) of almost 7M BEE.
Over that period, the pool gave me 5.2M BEE
So, I have been subsidizing other miners for about 1.8M BEE
Not that I am complaining - the pool is run well and I am happy to pay their fee,
but sometimes if you find several couple high-payout blocks, you'd wish you can claim them for yourself ;-)
I am also trying to keep the pool running efficiently by not submitting stale results, so I have an average 0.2% invalid shares
For a short while I was on a P2P pool, but it was constantly requesting to reset the work, so my hash rate was lower. That
was probably due to the unusual design of that coin (not BEE). Anyhow - what to do with a wallet full of BEE? HODL!

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
yacare

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:38:39 PM

we are over half way on the 100k blocks we need to get more miners in here or else the distribution will be too small. .....
how can we encourage more mining right now?
If people knew how easy to solomine this is i think they would be all over it.
I wish I had been solo-mining...
Found 66 blocks with total payout (to the pool) of almost 7M BEE.
Over that period, the pool gave me 5.2M BEE
So, I have been subsidizing other miners for about 1.8M BEE
Not that I am complaining - the pool is run well and I am happy to pay their fee,
but sometimes if you find several couple high-payout blocks, you'd wish you can claim them for yourself ;-)
I am also trying to keep the pool running efficiently by not submitting stale results, so I have an average 0.2% invalid shares
For a short while I was on a P2P pool, but it was constantly requesting to reset the work, so my hash rate was lower. That
was probably due to the unusual design of that coin (not BEE). Anyhow - what to do with a wallet full of BEE? HODL!

Good to know we have strong-hand miners on BeeCoin  Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:12:21 PM

We await the dev a bit longer.... then we must think what to do next.

Actually this coin has actually made me look into the current and very worrying bee decline.

I was kind of aware of this but not just how MASSIVE for everyone this problem could become.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:47:53 PM

I just noticed the dev came on today just a few hours ago?  did anyone send him a message to find out about POS getting added?

Cor2

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:11:19 PM

I just noticed the dev came on today just a few hours ago?  did anyone send him a message to find out about POS getting added?
I'd expect the dev to check up on this thread from time to time, no?
Note that PoS has been implemented on a couple coins - I know of Orbitcoin.
Hope that BEE does not imitate that completely, because the dev is rarely present and the coin almost died in several forks
and was unmineable for a while when a "time travel" stopped the acceptance of any new blocks (negative diff).
Luckily for ORB that has been resolved (thanks to ghostlander, a hired dev), now the Orbitcoin dev just needs to make good on his commitments but has not checked in for 2 weeks...

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:24:58 PM

I just noticed the dev came on today just a few hours ago?  did anyone send him a message to find out about POS getting added?
I'd expect the dev to check up on this thread from time to time, no?
Note that PoS has been implemented on a couple coins - I know of Orbitcoin.
Hope that BEE does not imitate that completely, because the dev is rarely present and the coin almost died in several forks
and was unmineable for a while when a "time travel" stopped the acceptance of any new blocks (negative diff).
Luckily for ORB that has been resolved (thanks to ghostlander, a hired dev), now the Orbitcoin dev just needs to make good on his commitments but has not checked in for 2 weeks...

Do you mean orbit started as full POW and then has POS coded in at a later date? the pos caused issues or the pos was added to stop future issues?

yacare

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:02:37 AM

We forgot to vote for BeeCoin on CoinedUp.

Please, create a reddit account and Vote here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xozxh/please_add_beecoinbee_to_coinedup/

We are doing good on mint, keep voting  Smiley

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:15:52 AM

We forgot to vote for BeeCoin on CoinedUp.

Please, create a reddit account and Vote here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CoinedUp/comments/1xozxh/please_add_beecoinbee_to_coinedup/

We are doing good on mint, keep voting  Smiley

coinedup seriously do listen to reddit too....

Cor2

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:59:57 AM

Do you mean orbit started as full POW and then has POS coded in at a later date? the pos caused issues or the pos was added to stop future issues?
As far as I know (Orbitcoin is an older Altcoin and I was not there in the beginning) it had PoW and PoS block from the beginning.
At some point, a block was accepted by the network that had a time stamp too far in the past, causing the difficulty adjustment to generate a new diff that was negative, which caused all mining to halt (all blocks were rejected). I think that was solved in an update to the code and a hard fork, but I am not sure and it has nothing to do with PoS (Proof of Stake) only protection of the diff retarget.
The solution was to test for time travel and reject blocks with too much difference from the expected time.
The implementation at this moment is rather interesting - where all miners used to create PoW and PoS blocks, now the wallets will constantly generate a low rate of PoS blocks (which have no coin reward) and the PoW is only generated by dedicated miners, it has been removed from the wallet. Ghostlander knows more details, he is on the ORB cryptocointalk forum

BEECoinfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:20:32 AM

As a bonus the First order over 15 million Bees will receive a FREE QLD Sapphire over 1ct in size!  Why not try spending some of your BEES like real money!

Hey Everybody the Free Sapphire offer has been claimed.

Come help the Beeconomy, Spend your BEE at www.gems4coins.com

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:43:15 PM

I notice the dev popped on earlier today again. I wonder what he is up to?

I had an idea after reading up the terrible state of the bee population.

Should we suggest this to the dev.??

In the new qt when pos get's added

1. take 2% block tax for dev funding of projects.

2. take 2% block tax for donation to the save the bee fund.

Now of course 4% is only a little bit to lose for us miners.... however that 4% if used correctly can do a LOT for beecoin and bee's?

Really that would be a great thing for beecoins future.

Then we start a huge marketing campaign for this coin.

People simply do not understand the problems that can arise on this planet if bee's vanish.

dygus
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000

Peaky Blinder

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:17:53 PM

Now of course 4% is only a little bit to lose for us miners.... however that 4% if used correctly can do a LOT for beecoin and bee's?

People simply do not understand the problems that can arise on this planet if bee's vanish.

2% for dev? Are fucking kidding me. He did nothing for coin and I I will give him 2% of block tax - no fucking way.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:14:19 PM

2% for dev? Are fucking kidding me. He did nothing for coin and I I will give him 2% of block tax - no fucking way.

well he created the first total fair launch of a coin that went well on here, no premine, no instamine, website, video , etc.... he did some things actually. It was not NOTHING.... but yes is a very quiet dev.

maybe that is why he does nothing because he has no coins??? 2% is NOTHING if taken gradually and used for projects. If the value of beecoin goes up just 2% you have lost nothing. However yes a dev that takes 2% and does nothing will not be acceptable.

You are talking about paying 2% for potential 1000's % rise in the coins value with a good developer?

if he does not come back we need to attract a new dev....

we need an active developer who gets involved with the community and is very active. they will need incentive because nobody works for nothing. They need an interest in seeing beecoin succeed.

This dev seems to be active behind the scenes so let's give him some more time.

However if after a while we see nothing we need a new dev. There are some excellent developers on this board.

I think if we pay them 2%  gradually from block taxes they can't dump and it is very much in their interest to push the coin forward and make it become a great crypto currency.

I think beecoin is a great coin hence why i am sticking with it and not moving on to other coins but seriously if you want this coin to succeed you need development funds this is common sense.

Also 2% to one of the big bee foundations would be really great. It will give people a reason to get behind this fair coin and also saving Bee's is essential. The more i am reading on it the more i am seriously worried why more people are not aware of this problem and the potential problems if bee's were to vanish.

Let's check out the board and see what kind of devs could be interest in this project.... I mean contributing to saving bee's alone is incentive enough for sensible people.

Also a dev knowing he will have a constant stream of 2% coins for use on projects .... he would see the potential.

victoriaparker

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:09:06 PM

just mined my first block bees

I would vote to donate 2 % to saving the bee foundation .. Where is the poll for this, i just voted for pos to be added also.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:23:02 PM

just mined my first block bees

I would vote to donate 2 % to saving the bee foundation .. Where is the poll for this, i just voted for pos to be added also.

Well there is no poll for this yet i was just suggesting it.

It would be great to help the bee population recover in some way and also just get awareness out there regarding this problem.

First though we do need the dev to come back and even post the latest source so we can release a mac wallet.

LongTDP

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:13:08 PM

2% is pretty much, but if he can get the BEE's value rise, he deserves it. Remember that, if bee's were to vanish, human will be the same. And if the Beecoin die, all your coin will become zero value coin. Donate 2% to increase the beecoin's value up is a good idea.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:09:51 PM

2% is pretty much, but if he can get the BEE's value rise, he deserves it. Remember that, if bee's were to vanish, human will be the same. And if the Beecoin die, all your coin will become zero value coin. Donate 2% to increase the beecoin's value up is a good idea.

Yes , exactly this coin with a good dev and some nice projects/ services developed you can see many 1000 % rise for this coin. People should not worry about a 2% block tax for the dev if he is working hard. I hope this dev returns but should he not come back then beecoin will actually be a great project for a new dev to take over.

I was initially very interested in this coin because i was there on launch and witnessed the first perfect launch.... everything went well, the diff on this was the first i had seen to retarget at that rate, nobody could instamine this coin and i synced up on block 18 or 20 and still it was impossible to get blocks the diff went over 1 in a few blocks. The dev did not premine, the network actually went to 7 GH very quickly and then it because so hard to mine coins.

It was totally fair... the problem is because the dev did not choose to premine or instamine he now has hardly any coins i guess so there is a lack of motivation to push the coin or else he probably has a full time job and this is a hobby.

Later i noticed someone mentioning we should contribute to save the bees. I looked into this and was shocked at how serious this issue is....however i don't think many people are even aware of this catastrophe .....

yacare

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 08:05:23 PM

Yes , exactly this coin with a good dev and some nice projects/ services developed you can see many 1000 % rise for this coin. People should not worry about a 2% block tax for the dev if he is working hard. I hope this dev returns but should he not come back then beecoin will actually be a great project for a new dev to take over.

I was initially very interested in this coin because i was there on launch and witnessed the first perfect launch.... everything went well, the diff on this was the first i had seen to retarget at that rate, nobody could instamine this coin and i synced up on block 18 or 20 and still it was impossible to get blocks the diff went over 1 in a few blocks. The dev did not premine, the network actually went to 7 GH very quickly and then it because so hard to mine coins.

It was totally fair... the problem is because the dev did not choose to premine or instamine he now has hardly any coins i guess so there is a lack of motivation to push the coin or else he probably has a full time job and this is a hobby.

Later i noticed someone mentioning we should contribute to save the bees. I looked into this and was shocked at how serious this issue is....however i don't think many people are even aware of this catastrophe .....

I think that a switch from meme to a serious image for a coin that has a purpose will put BeeCoin on the right track. If the purpose of supporting bees can be achieved by block taxation, that may do well.
A tax for the dev .... that may play against the fair image that was already achieved. I think the dev may gain more by maintaining a successfully fair coin.

Anyway, our first need I think, is to develop some kind of communication channel with the dev.

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: