News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Pos be implemented in beecoin
Yes
No
Maybe someday
This isn't a good idea

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES  (Read 123003 times)
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:27:07 PM

I don't think DEV is invisible.  I'm fairly certain he is Chinese and we are a second thought to them.  It's no different than a coin like MINT having a Russian thread. (I wonder how they feel in those situations right?)

If I was a DEV on a coin that was NOT pre-mined, I would take my time with the coin.  I would put my miners on it after a fair launch and just increase my bag while I slowly developed the coin. I would not be surprised if he owns idcray pool. This gives people that ACTUALLY want the coin to succeed, to become bag holders. People seem to have this idea that a coin needs to be on an exchange within a few days and trading for 100's of satoshis.  Too many have failed because of instant pumps to exchanges and giant sell walls.

I'm going to support this coin for quite some time as I really do hope we end up with some sort of initiative to support REAL bees, but I think it's too early to hit the panic switch folks.  I love the idea's floating around, but we're not in a strong position to do much without discrediting the DEV and the coin itself.  If people see a new thread, it sends negative vibes and then no more new adopters.

We need someone to relay info from any Chinese threads or QQ.  We're out of the loop.

I agree kind of but, if the dev is around why has the main website gone? why take it down? why not a quick reply to say ...hey yes just busy working away on pos or whatever?

Anyway let's give it another day or two but really we need to start developing this coin and getting more people on board. I wonder how many people are actually mining....

I will be sticking with this coin whatever happens even if we need to get another dev in. I am fully on board and want beecoin to succeed. 

Would have been great to have a development pot so we could start planning some projects for this coin.

So give the dev another day or two or start hunting for a new dev now?

Yea, forgot about the website... 

Let's look for an English Dev obv.  Couldn't possibly hurt if there was an english one as well right??  Maybe they'd even work together?

As for the DEV pot, donate in BEEs? Or DEV should be paid with different coin? 50/50?  I'm partial to BEEs to give incentive for it to do well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:39:43 PM

I don't think DEV is invisible.  I'm fairly certain he is Chinese and we are a second thought to them.  It's no different than a coin like MINT having a Russian thread. (I wonder how they feel in those situations right?)

If I was a DEV on a coin that was NOT pre-mined, I would take my time with the coin.  I would put my miners on it after a fair launch and just increase my bag while I slowly developed the coin. I would not be surprised if he owns idcray pool. This gives people that ACTUALLY want the coin to succeed, to become bag holders. People seem to have this idea that a coin needs to be on an exchange within a few days and trading for 100's of satoshis.  Too many have failed because of instant pumps to exchanges and giant sell walls.

I'm going to support this coin for quite some time as I really do hope we end up with some sort of initiative to support REAL bees, but I think it's too early to hit the panic switch folks.  I love the idea's floating around, but we're not in a strong position to do much without discrediting the DEV and the coin itself.  If people see a new thread, it sends negative vibes and then no more new adopters.

We need someone to relay info from any Chinese threads or QQ.  We're out of the loop.

I agree kind of but, if the dev is around why has the main website gone? why take it down? why not a quick reply to say ...hey yes just busy working away on pos or whatever?

Anyway let's give it another day or two but really we need to start developing this coin and getting more people on board. I wonder how many people are actually mining....

I will be sticking with this coin whatever happens even if we need to get another dev in. I am fully on board and want beecoin to succeed. 

Would have been great to have a development pot so we could start planning some projects for this coin.

So give the dev another day or two or start hunting for a new dev now?

Yea, forgot about the website... 

Let's look for an English Dev obv.  Couldn't possibly hurt if there was an english one as well right??  Maybe they'd even work together?

As for the DEV pot, donate in BEEs? Or DEV should be paid with different coin? 50/50?  I'm partial to BEEs to give incentive for it to do well.

Best to pay the new dev as we go along gradually hence if they can code in the block tax we were talking about that would be the best.

POS is very interesting and i think we need it for sure, however you do need a very good dev for that. Many can clone pos coins but if issues come up then you will find only a few devs can fix.

I have a couple of devs in mind who we could ask but they would need convincing.  People have to realise 1 thing getting  a good dev on board cost something yes .... but i mean even 2% is nothing gradually. I mean a 2% price increase is like 6 on the ltc market to 6.12 on the ltc market LOL..... we should be aiming for 100 + on the BTC market with this coin. I have not calculated the % increase that would be ....however it will be a HUGE % increase.... hence most will see the sense in getting a skilled and active dev here.

I am very much hoping the old dev returns. He made such a fair coin for us all , and i really like the beecoin name now too. He seemed a cool guy too. Maybe something in real life came up.

Come back dev...  we would more than welcome you having the dev fund for you to develop your coin Smiley

yacare

Activity: 1260
Merit: 500

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:19:32 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 09:34:29 PM by yacare

Look what I found.

This is from the whois info for the domain name beecoin.co (http://whois.domaintools.com/beecoin.co):
Code:
Registrant Name: BeeCoin DEV
Registrant Address1: 1685 Route Ten
Registrant City: Parsippany
Registrant State/Province: NJ
Registrant Postal Code: 07054
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +0.18007554562

Now, if you go to google street view, "1685 New Jersey 10 Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA"

look around...

You will see this:

Is this the hidden answer from the dev?
Is this a signal?

Keyser

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:31:20 PM

Look what I found.

This is from the whois info for the domain name beecoin.co (http://whois.domaintools.com/beecoin.org):
Code:
Registrant Name: BeeCoin DEV
Registrant Address1: 1685 Route Ten
Registrant City: Parsippany
Registrant State/Province: NJ
Registrant Postal Code: 07054
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +0.18007554562

Now, if you go to google street view, "1685 New Jersey 10 Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA"

look around...

You will see this:

Is this the hidden answer from the dev?
Is this a signal?

If so, that is a pretty clever easter egg left behind.  Again, I say if cryptohunter has some good leads on a replacement dev, it is time to move on.  And if the original dev all of a sudden pops in before committing to someone else, then of course he can resume control.  But the current limbo state is pushing us closer to that gravesite in the pic, we may need a larger headstone.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

BEECOIN is still alive. It would be TOTALLY FOOLISH to abandon such a unique coin, especially just before block reward halving.

Why abandon the coin? For who? For what? For the greener pastures of Mazzacoin?

Every coin has its day.

BEECOIN is clean, there is no need for all this nonsense doubt.

Does the dev deliberately want this coin to fail?

yacare

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:12:16 PM

BEECOIN is still alive. It would be TOTALLY FOOLISH to abandon such a unique coin, especially just before block reward halving.

Every coin has its day.

BeeCoin seems to be good, and I'm still willing to support it like most of us.
I was trying to find some other way to contact the dev ... and that image showed up  Smiley
That's the dev address, and you can see it for yourself at street view.

If he is around, he should post some reply don't you think?

This coin is needing an active dev.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Every coin has its day.

BeeCoin seems to be good, and I'm still willing to support it like most of us.
I was trying to find some other way to contact the dev ... and that image showed up  Smiley
That's the dev address, and you can see it for yourself at street view.

If he is around, he should post some reply don't you think?

This coin is needing an active dev.
We just need to find technical members on this forum, like "soopy452000", who is currently assisting with Electric coin. We need to spread the word

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:57:42 PM

Perhaps he just owns wendy's across the road...

Beecoin is fine anyway.... we will get a good dev on board if the other one does not show.

This is a nice project for them to take over.

What is that little gravestone near the roads side under a tree?  does it mean someone had a road accident right there?

LongTDP

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:05:19 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 06:43:24 AM by LongTDP

So, another question. What happens if the old dev come back? We can not take over the control of new dev to give it back to him, it is not fair for the new dev. But if the old dev cannot resume his control, it is not fair to him, too.
soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 04:27:09 AM

Looks like a neat coin with the issue of the Original Dev being gone gone. Looking forward to help the community get it back on it's feet.

Regards,
Soopy

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
yacare

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:24:37 AM

Looks like a neat coin with the issue of the Original Dev being gone gone. Looking forward to help the community get it back on it's feet.

Regards,
Soopy

Welcome Soopy!

Resurrections is on  Smiley

Just to refresh the thread:  do you have ideas / suggestions for this coin already?

Keyser

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:29:18 AM

So, another question. What happens if the old dev come back? We can not take over the control of new dev to give it back to him, it is not fair for the new dev. But if the old dev cannot resume his control, it is not fair to him, too.

I would say when a new dev takes over, the original dev has to understand that he has lost his control due to inactivity.  He has had plenty of time to simply post a message, anything at all.

If a new dev is willing to jump in and try to keep this thing from dying altogether, then he deserves to keep that position even if the original dev sees what is going on and tries to take over again.
Keyser

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:30:48 AM

Regards,
Soopy

Welcome Soopy, thanks for the support.
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:50:03 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/20fmbb/save_the_bees/
yacare

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:43:40 AM

We just need to find technical members on this forum, like "soopy452000", who is currently assisting with Electric coin. We need to spread the word

Good call GREEDYJOHN  Smiley

ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:56:35 AM

I hate to say it, but this coin is on it's deathbed.

As I'm writing this the Net Hashrate is 0.06 GH/s. That is incredibly bad; there is no way in hell we can secure the blockchain with such an incredibly weak Net Hashrate. A single solitary user with a GPU farm can effectively 51% attack this coin and own it at any given time unless we start getting more miners onboard pronto.

I had hope that Beecoin would at the very least become a stable coin but it's not looking good.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:41:42 AM

As I'm writing this the Net Hashrate is 0.06 GH/s. That is incredibly bad; there is no way in hell we can secure the blockchain with such an incredibly weak Net Hashrate. A single solitary user with a GPU farm can effectively 51% attack this coin and own it at any given time unless we start getting more miners onboard pronto.

I had hope that Beecoin would at the very least become a stable coin but it's not looking good.

Network Hashrate: 82.1148 MH/s

61316 BLOCKS MINED,

THIS COIN IS STILL ALIVE. STOP SPREADING RUMOURS TO KILL THIS COIN. THERE ARE NEW MEMBERS JOINING THE DEV TEAM TO REVIVE THIS COIN.

BE POSITIVE

BEECOIN TO THE MOON

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:13:03 PM

It is now looking VERY GOOD.  It has been stable at the 100-80MH rate for a while now. Check again, it may drop to 60MH now and then but mostly when i check.... and i check a lot it is running just over 100MH.

Yes we need to aim to have beecoin running at 1GH within the next week or two. However, building up from here steadily is the target.

A new dev is looking into adopting BEECOIN. Smiley

Also i have been talking to some others who are going to get a new beecoin website done, and bring some new services to this coin.

This coin is going to be doing very well in another few weeks time. I would recommend buying beecoin now. It will soon be a LOT more expensive once we get back on track here.

Also as soon as the new dev comes on board i will be doing a few promotions for this coin Smiley

I never see the network going much under 100MH... that is not too bad considering the amount of new coins out there.

BEE positive Smiley

soopy452000
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 01:04:15 PM

It is now looking VERY GOOD.  It has been stable at the 100-80MH rate for a while now. Check again, it may drop to 60MH now and then but mostly when i check.... and i check a lot it is running just over 100MH.

Yes we need to aim to have beecoin running at 1GH within the next week or two. However, building up from here steadily is the target.

Also i have been talking to some others who are going to get a new beecoin website done, and bring some new services to this coin.

This coin is going to be doing very well in another few weeks time. I would recommend buying beecoin now. It will soon be a LOT more expensive once we get back on track here.

Also as soon as the new dev comes on board i will be doing a few promotions for this coin Smiley

I never see the network going much under 100MH... that is not too bad considering the amount of new coins out there.

BEE positive Smiley

Hello Mate,

Got your pm , I'm working on a plan to get this coin back on its feet , will send you a PM shortly.

Cheers!
Soopy

Working/Online Times
04:00:00 GMT - 12:00:00 GMT / 00:00:00 EDT - 08:00:00 EDT

Coin Developments & Contributions 1. SherlockCoin (SHC) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=454981) 2. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Life to Growthcoin (GRW) , Community Backed Development! (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469464) 3. [ANN][66][New Maintainer] ★Coin 66★ (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493987) 4. [RE-ANN] Galaxycoin Revival!-FORK AT BLOCK 255145, KGW, RANDOM BLOCK REWARDS (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495693) 5. [RESURRECTION] Taking Astrocoin to the Moon,KGW Implemented + HARD FORK AT 17520 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=516549 6. [RESURRECTION] Bringing Electric back to the grid, Community Backed Development! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=514790
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:16:01 PM

It is now looking VERY GOOD.  It has been stable at the 100-80MH rate for a while now. Check again, it may drop to 60MH now and then but mostly when i check.... and i check a lot it is running just over 100MH.

BEE positive Smiley

Hello Mate,

Got your pm , I'm working on a plan to get this coin back on its feet , will send you a PM shortly.

Cheers!
Soopy

Remember to buy your cheap coins at cryptorush. BUY THEM UP NOW, MAKE THE COIN SCARCE, SO THAT NOBODY DARES TO THROW BEECOIN DOWN TO THIS PRICE, EVER AGAIN.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: