Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:33:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cypherfunks[FUNK]: a coin for a global band! Talking v2. Join! 80+ songs  (Read 148686 times)
cryptoctrader

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:17:45 PM

from what I understand, the development team is planning to reboot this in a serious manner, but they aren't quite ready yet. Plan is to issue a new token, with a 500:1 swap, and then burn those coins, which should make the token AND the coin much more valuable, as there is a rather high supply right now.

Since we won't use the old chain anymore (and some people want to keep the old chain alive), why not do an airdrop for FUNK holders of the new token instead of a swap?
It has many advantages:

- For holders; you get both tokens
- For FUNK supporters; airdrops drive the value up, you get new tokens without giving up on FUNK and the old chain continues to exist
- For SONIC supporters; you can sell your FUNK for higher prices (because the airdrop drives up value) and get more money to develop SONIC.

Sounds like a win-win-win to me?

We are seriously considering doing an airdrop and swap, there is support for it from some of the team. I'll keep you posted.

keen on airdrop, would like to not have to burn all my funk supply. plus it would be good to mine again

Very nice idea!!!! Air drop for FUNK holders!!!
cryptoctrader

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:27:05 PM

Simple Poll APP [6:54 PM]
Vote for Soniq's max supply
:one: 25 million
:two: 50 million    `3`
@Nele, @vuksan, @Alex
:three: 75 million
:four: 100 million
:five: 500 million    `1`
@soundposition
:six: 1 billion
:seven: 2 billion    `3`
@webdeveloper, @soundposition, @kuveke

100 million supply!!! (number four - 4)
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:42:50 PM

My reasoning for my choice is that smaller coins have more general utility, whereas bigger ones tend to become primarily a HODL tool, but if they're too small, then they still have to use huge numbers to purchase anything. A couple billion, when compared to the general population, is nothing. 50 billion is excessive.

Yeah, I know, Doge. But an exception doesn't disprove the whole idea Tongue
moagnes

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:44:44 PM

Hi everyone. i`m a beginner at this, and i have a question:
The funks i have at cryptopia, will the be switched to the new token?
Sorry for my bad english Smiley

Your English is good actually Wink
To answer your question - no, not by default. You will be able to convert your FUNK coin to Soniq token though, if you wish and as much as you wish.
We will allow up to 50 billion FUNK coins burned. The window will be open for at least several months, but that's yet to be decided.
Soon, Soniq project team will publish token burning app where you'll be able to submit your email, your soniq address and provide you with funk address.
FUNK coins you send will then be deducted from total supply (burned) and new, Soniq tokens will be sent your way.

I hope this helps clarify things a bit Wink

Hi. Thank you for your answer. I think i understand, and if i don?t get it later on, i let you know, and perhaps i can get help then Smiley
 Cheesy
jtmillican

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:52:55 AM

I helped Simon with some social promotion of Funk back in 2014 at the beginning.  It's good to see this still moving forward.

Some musicians I know are asking me if they can get involved.  One friend that is especially interested used to play banjo with Phish, so he is fairly well known in the states.  Is there anything they can do beyond posting music on SoundCloud?  Obviously social media promotion would be helpful, once things get to that stage. Growing the music is integral to Funk's success, so I always suggest it to musicians.

There is a lot more general interest in crypto from the general public than back in 2014.  No one knew what the hell I was talking about back then.  I think people would be more receptive and more apt to get involved today.

My background is in law and writing, but I mine and do some trading.  I'm not a programmer, but I do a lot of research and have a good understanding of the technical aspects of cryptocurrencies.  I mined Funk for quite a while after the launch.  I'm going to point some miners over to Funk tonight.

If I can be of any help in any way, let me know.
zhugy78

Activity: 304

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

Wow, this coin is against the trend! What makes it so powerful? I haven't seen this coin before, miss it.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:20:10 PM

Wow, this coin is against the trend! What makes it so powerful? I haven't seen this coin before, miss it.

cypherfunk are fast and sweet  Wink

... are inexpensive

... are many   (~49 275 000 000)
      - soon to be reduced by xx%, by a network split or migration, according to some devs

and as such finds the sky the limit    Cheesy

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

Grrr, seems we're gone again from Coinmarketcap. Let's hope Cryptopia opens up the LTC markets again soon.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:52:08 PM

Grrr, seems we're gone again from Coinmarketcap. Let's hope Cryptopia opens up the LTC markets again soon.

yeah, what up with that? It's trading every day. Not huge volume, but I see other coins on CMC that are faring worse.
cryptoctrader

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:38:58 PM

Since FUNK begun to be traded at ctopia BTC market, it has not returned to CMC!!!
cryptoctrader

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:40:19 PM

Yes man, this coin might rock this year FUNK - SONIC (SONIQ)!!!!
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:24:21 PM

Alright, a couple things strike me as necessary.

First, though minor, those of you with sells at 1 satoshi really ought to cancel them. People are buying it in trickles every day. If that's all it's worth to YOU, why would it be worth more to them? I'm buying at that rate, not selling.

Second.

Use cases. If this coin is to go places, something more needs to be done than having it listed on an exchange. While I know that Soundposition and several others are working on that behind the scenes, those of us who are involved but not part of development should be having that discussion too.

Cypherfunk is a cool name. This shouldn't be too hard to promote. So, with that in mind, let's open the discussion both for promotion and use cases.

I think one obvious use is tipping musicians. There are a LOT of collaborations on Youtube and other such venues between some pretty damn good musicians. If we started asking them to put up a FUNK address, or giving them some way to claim some funk, they would likely spread the word to others.

Of course, merchandising in various ways. If you make music, sell it for FUNK instead of dollars. In the short run, it would take rather a large amount to be worth anything, but then again, it would drive traffic to the exchange(s). Bear in mind that Nova will be reopening at some point, plus the more the coin's name gets around, the more likely other exchanges will pick it up. FOMO affects institutions as well as individuals, and can be a great tool.

That's just a couple things. What y'all got to add?

kamakura

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:15:59 PM

First, though minor, those of you with sells at 1 satoshi really ought to cancel them. People are buying it in trickles every day. If that's all it's worth to YOU, why would it be worth more to them? I'm buying at that rate, not selling.

Second.

Use cases. If this coin is to go places, something more needs to be done than having it listed on an exchange. While I know that Soundposition and several others are working on that behind the scenes, those of us who are involved but not part of development should be having that discussion too.

Cypherfunk is a cool name. This shouldn't be too hard to promote. So, with that in mind, let's open the discussion both for promotion and use cases.

I think one obvious use is tipping musicians. There are a LOT of collaborations on Youtube and other such venues between some pretty damn good musicians. If we started asking them to put up a FUNK address, or giving them some way to claim some funk, they would likely spread the word to others.

Of course, merchandising in various ways. If you make music, sell it for FUNK instead of dollars. In the short run, it would take rather a large amount to be worth anything, but then again, it would drive traffic to the exchange(s). Bear in mind that Nova will be reopening at some point, plus the more the coin's name gets around, the more likely other exchanges will pick it up. FOMO affects institutions as well as individuals, and can be a great tool.

unknown future, lack of leadership ... 1sat is like fortune for this coin
better let unhappy people out at 1 sat than at  100

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:34:10 PM

Second.

unknown future, lack of leadership ... 1sat is like fortune for this coin
better let unhappy people out at 1 sat than at  100

Oh, they're feeding me. No worries there Cheesy

As to the rest.. This is an open source project, and it's leaders are known. Just not as fast as some would like.

But they are leaders, not rulers. We are not bound by their roadmap. We are wise to not act in opposition to it, but sitting and waiting doesn't help either. We know the coin is going to be burned to a token to a large degree. We would be wise to begin independently developing use cases in anticipation of that. Make some buzz, get something going.

Or of course, we could sit on our hands and hope for Moses to come. I'm not that guy, ain't gonna do it. I trust the dev team to do things in their own time. I know several of them quite well. But them not being ready yet does NOT stop any one of us who holds from pursuing business or promotion related to the coin, or offering services in exchange for it.
soundposition

Activity: 322
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 12:49:18 AM

We have a music player setup for the new project, it's not finished but it's a nice start:
https://soniqplayer.com

I'm an Operational Support Manager representative of GameCredits
  GameCredits Facebook   GameCredits Twitter   GameCredits G+
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:19:39 AM

1 sat is not that bad, given the huge supply. We'll see the actual valuation again when the LTC market opens again.

If the swap occurs before the LTC market opens, I think you have a great deal for 1 sat. It will probably go higher.
If the LTC market opens first, the price will probably go down first and skyrocket before the swap.

DataAnalyst

Activity: 117
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:48:47 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 01:09:48 PM by DataAnalyst

Happy b'day FUNK  Cheesy

edit: it's actually on Feb 21st, but nevermind...happy b'day topic  Grin
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:44:21 AM

1 sat is not that bad, given the huge supply. We'll see the actual valuation again when the LTC market opens again.

If the swap occurs before the LTC market opens, I think you have a great deal for 1 sat. It will probably go higher.
If the LTC market opens first, the price will probably go down first and skyrocket before the swap.

My point was more that there ought to be outside development going on. The Token swap will briefly raise the value, tremendously. But without adoption, it will drop back down again, and very quickly.

calem

Activity: 291
Merit: 106

Founder #Zerozed $x0z

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 05:27:54 AM

Well I'll be.... *pulls out usb stick from 2014*

"Suppressing bad ideas can be as dangerous as the bad ideas themselves." | One of the greatest ethical and logistical challenges humanity has been forced to face is one that has not changed since the dawn of society itself. The fair and even distribution of wealth and power. Using the Diffusion of Innovations to model a more sensible inflation schedule, [x0z] Zerozed aims to bring stability to the wider market...
Johnnathan

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:15:01 PM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/funk/ still working well. How long we have android funk wallet ?
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: