Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:50:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 [1656] 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 ... 1743 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Blacknet BLN | Staking | Future of zApp & ZeFi  (Read 2509624 times)
mightyMight

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 07:07:04 PM

Due to high transaction fees, Bitcoin is being removed from Paspagon, making BlackCoin the only supported currency.

According to bitcoinfees.info, currently it costs nearly $2 to make an average Bitcoin transaction be included in the next 6 blocks and over $2.3 for the next block. For BlackCoin, it is about $0.000028.

Still BLK is not even close as important as BTC is. Plus what is Paspagon and why would i care?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krzysiekj

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

Founder of Ercoin and Paspagon

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2017, 10:05:49 PM

Plus what is Paspagon and why would i care?

Paspagon is a payment processor that allows selling any file stored in the cloud (currently Amazon S3). No registration is needed and customers may be anonymous. A Jekyll plugin exists which allows selling blog posts in various formats.

Ercoin (https://ercoin.tech) — proof of stake, fair distribution via burning, messages, accounts, flexible fees, flexible block time.
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 10:41:45 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2017, 10:52:23 PM by Decentradical

Still BLK is not even close as important as BTC is. Plus what is Paspagon and why would i care?

If retailers and third parties can no longer handle the excessive transaction fees then Bitcoin diminishes quickly in it's utility. That's where there's plenty of coins jumping at the chance to prove they can do it better.

Out of those, and this is my personal fanboy opinion, Blackcoin is by far the most efficient and reliable coin out there. PoS has proven to be handle magnitudes more transaction traffice than PoW coins while there are no miners pulling any of the shenanigans happening at the Bitcoin community right now. The coin is ridiculously clean it's dispersion as well. 

Blackcoin is just everything Bitcoin was intended to be.
mightyMight

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:18:50 AM

Plus what is Paspagon and why would i care?

Paspagon is a payment processor that allows selling any file stored in the cloud (currently Amazon S3). No registration is needed and customers may be anonymous. A Jekyll plugin exists which allows selling blog posts in various formats.

Thanks for clarification. Nice job!
mightyMight

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 07:55:44 AM

If retailers and third parties can no longer handle the excessive transaction fees then Bitcoin diminishes quickly in it's utility. That's where there's plenty of coins jumping at the chance to prove they can do it better.

Out of those, and this is my personal fanboy opinion, Blackcoin is by far the most efficient and reliable coin out there. PoS has proven to be handle magnitudes more transaction traffice than PoW coins while there are no miners pulling any of the shenanigans happening at the Bitcoin community right now. The coin is ridiculously clean it's dispersion as well. 

Blackcoin is just everything Bitcoin was intended to be.

I might just be ignorant, but i doubt extremely that the price of the transaction fee will reduce the usage of bitcoin in an affecting manner. Simply because btc is *the* engine in the whole crypto coin business. What i can imagine is, that the growing market on coins sooner or later does not use it for small transactions anymore when a $2 fee is just not appropiate to the overall price. This is more then reasonable and gives definitly smaller coins the chance to get a piece of the cake. Nonetheless you might need afterwards do a (bigger) transaction for cashing out via btc.
Decentradical

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:02:40 AM

By ever-increasing transaction fees Bitcoin is increasing the minimum size of each hand that is able to hold it. The fewer hands that hold a currency the more unstable and volatile it gets. There comes a point where merely being the first cryptocurrency won't be good enough any longer. The longer they keep this up the more the other coins will start being paired with fiat and the faster their role as 'engine' shrinks.

I'm not telling to do otherwise though. I like the course they've set themselves on. It's great for all alts.
jacobthecoiner

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:26:26 AM

Since there is no dev or representatives, we might as well go ahead with a rebranding. I am happy to a$$i$t with the new project. If you are willing and able, message me.
No point circle jerking in this dead thread with no developer. BLK has a lot of potential. The tech is there, the marketing is not.
Haha , you guy make a joke.  this thread isn't dead and rat4 also doesn't leave here. He make two version of blackcoin short time ago.
Few pages before we had few posts by main developer, he do not have time to talk with every person, that is why we have 1600+pages so start reading..Progress is maybe slow but we are not in the hurry..Black coin raised from 2.5k sat to 10k, its very much alive now!
Since there is no dev or representatives No point circle jerking in this dead thread with no developer. BLK has a lot of potential. The tech is there, the marketing is not.
Do you actually know who are the devs? You can fork it if you know how and create your own coin..

No need to get defensive.

Realistically, no one is going to use a platform called Blackcoin for child support payments. There's a reason why darkcoin rebranded to DASH, darkmarket rebranded to openbazaar etc.

Continue being #70 on coin marketcap, because BLK will never be top 20 in its current state. Just because it has risen in a BULL market where EVERYTHING is rising, doesn't mean that progress is being made. I guess this kind of logic is the reason why you can't see the bigger picture that mexicantarget and I presented.

Good luck!
Love this coin and the more research I do the more I think this coin is the dark horse in the crypto race.
To me, I see Blackcoin = cool, hip, bad guys wear black etc etc..

But to the rest of the potential crypto world might get a different "first impression".
Black is the opposite of white also though of as sinister or evil, black market, black masks, black mark, black magic, black arts, black friday etc.etc.. (All doom or bad)

These are the words in the lexicon of the average person.

What I'm saying is our reality is not the same as everyone elses. We accept black without regard to the linguistics involved (i.e. black = cool)
Everyone else who didnt grow up with black coin only hears "black" and the above words of negativity come to mind, consciously or subconsciously...its there!

You can ignore reality but you cant ignore the consequences of ignoring reality = i.e. #70

100% behind re-branding, hurts my soul but its the right move.
Best to do it asap, we seem to be at the start of the biggest bull run in crypto history.

Black - absence of light; enveloped in darkness:<<THIS! First impressions 8(

I fully agree with you. Blackcoin is not a good name for such a good coin with a great ambition. It does need a rebranding if we wall want it to go further.

mightyMight

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:48:01 AM

Since there is no dev or representatives, we might as well go ahead with a rebranding. I am happy to a$$i$t with the new project. If you are willing and able, message me.
No point circle jerking in this dead thread with no developer. BLK has a lot of potential. The tech is there, the marketing is not.
Haha , you guy make a joke.  this thread isn't dead and rat4 also doesn't leave here. He make two version of blackcoin short time ago.
Few pages before we had few posts by main developer, he do not have time to talk with every person, that is why we have 1600+pages so start reading..Progress is maybe slow but we are not in the hurry..Black coin raised from 2.5k sat to 10k, its very much alive now!
Since there is no dev or representatives No point circle jerking in this dead thread with no developer. BLK has a lot of potential. The tech is there, the marketing is not.
Do you actually know who are the devs? You can fork it if you know how and create your own coin..

No need to get defensive.

Realistically, no one is going to use a platform called Blackcoin for child support payments. There's a reason why darkcoin rebranded to DASH, darkmarket rebranded to openbazaar etc.

Continue being #70 on coin marketcap, because BLK will never be top 20 in its current state. Just because it has risen in a BULL market where EVERYTHING is rising, doesn't mean that progress is being made. I guess this kind of logic is the reason why you can't see the bigger picture that mexicantarget and I presented.

Good luck!
Love this coin and the more research I do the more I think this coin is the dark horse in the crypto race.
To me, I see Blackcoin = cool, hip, bad guys wear black etc etc..

But to the rest of the potential crypto world might get a different "first impression".
Black is the opposite of white also though of as sinister or evil, black market, black masks, black mark, black magic, black arts, black friday etc.etc.. (All doom or bad)

These are the words in the lexicon of the average person.

What I'm saying is our reality is not the same as everyone elses. We accept black without regard to the linguistics involved (i.e. black = cool)
Everyone else who didnt grow up with black coin only hears "black" and the above words of negativity come to mind, consciously or subconsciously...its there!

You can ignore reality but you cant ignore the consequences of ignoring reality = i.e. #70

100% behind re-branding, hurts my soul but its the right move.
Best to do it asap, we seem to be at the start of the biggest bull run in crypto history.

Black - absence of light; enveloped in darkness:<<THIS! First impressions 8(

I fully agree with you. Blackcoin is not a good name for such a good coin with a great ambition. It does need a rebranding if we wall want it to go further.

Only problem is, i really do like the logo. The combined colors are also great. But i agree that people have a point in regard of marketing. Only questions, is it heard?
Decentradical

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 01:02:34 PM

I also agree on the branding. The name as well as the logo are too similar to Bitcoin. It can easily be seen as trying to ride Bitcoin's coat tails. That while names like Obsidian, Onyx and Night Trader are all really strong names. 
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 03:41:59 AM

how can i join the BLK slack ?
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:48:34 AM

I also agree on the branding. The name as well as the logo are too similar to Bitcoin. It can easily be seen as trying to ride Bitcoin's coat tails. That while names like Obsidian, Onyx and Night Trader are all really strong names. 

I like ONYX a lot. The proposal is out there. If we don't hear from the devs, I suggest the community gets started without them and enforces a takeover (changing the name on exchanges, new website, twitter etc).
coins4meh

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:51:11 AM

Have you found the URL yet?

▮▮█ # metahash Your Gate to Decentralized Internet # metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain #MetaApps #MetaGate #MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬█▮▮
KoningSilk

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 09:09:21 AM

Seems like this coin is going the right way again, soms oldschool stuff.
BigWait

Activity: 506
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:02:36 AM

Have you found the URL yet?
nope
Gritt-N-Auld

Activity: 205
Merit: 114

Joshua J. Bouw

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:45:46 PM

http://slack-blackcoin.herokuapp.com/ bam!

In concerns to branding: I agree. I have played with the name Onyx and Carbon and like both. They also go with the theme and have none of the -coin in it. We as a community could make design and branding concepts or pitch in to hire a professional branding company and we all vote on which designs we like the most.

Of course, that is if we go that route.

(In regards to if we don't hear from the devs, I guess I'm one of the strongest in the Blackcoin sphere in terms of branding since I have access to everything to make it possible.)

If the community wants it, it will be done. I will also ensure to be the one to enforce it.
coins4meh

Activity: 190

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:05:35 PM

In concerns to branding: I agree. I have played with the name Onyx and Carbon and like both. They also go with the theme and have none of the -coin in it. We as a community could make design and branding concepts or pitch in to hire a professional branding company and we all vote on which designs we like the most.

(In regards to if we don't hear from the devs, I guess I'm one of the strongest in the Blackcoin sphere in terms of branding since I have access to everything to make it possible.)

If the community wants it, it will be done. I will also ensure to be the one to enforce it.

Cool, thanks.

▮▮█ # metahash Your Gate to Decentralized Internet # metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain #MetaApps #MetaGate #MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬█▮▮
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 04:59:05 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2017, 05:10:49 PM by mexicantarget

Onyx is a good name, but, iirc there was a Onyx coin long time ago and it turned out to be a scam coin.
"Carbon" imo isn't a good choice. "Carbon emissions", "Carbon copy", etc.

Rebrand shouldn't have to do anything with the "black" ideology. Just my humble opinion, though.

Maybe we could raise a bounty for the best name? I'm willing to chip 136.84274725 BLK (so I round up my holdings ;p).

Let's make a public vote.

EDIT:
Here's a tool you could use to get some ideas:
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse
mindphuq

Activity: 187
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:02:53 PM

In concerns to branding: I agree. I have played with the name Onyx and Carbon and like both.

Obsidian - but that's maybe too dark again
futileresistance

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

A name that relates to it as a passive income source (5% interest, 1% inflation), and it's energy efficiency/environmental friendliness (can be mined on a Raspberry Pi), would be nice.

I think Carbon sounds cool though.
hacksmash

Activity: 220
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:26:09 PM

Onyx is a good name, but, iirc there was a Onyx coin long time ago and it turned out to be a scam coin.
"Carbon" imo isn't a good choice. "Carbon emissions", "Carbon copy", etc.

Rebrand shouldn't have to do anything with the "black" ideology. Just my humble opinion, though.

Maybe we could raise a bounty for the best name? I'm willing to chip 136.84274725 BLK (so I round up my holdings ;p).

Let's make a public vote.

EDIT:
Here's a tool you could use to get some ideas:
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse
The dev IS around ... he checked in today as a matter of fact, so lets dispel that misnomer. That what Profile pages are for. He does not HAVE to speak everyday. The are +1600 pages, he is not required to show on every one of them.

I do not see the problem with the current name so I would ask for a vote prior to any change. The members that visit Bitcointalk are only a small fraction of the coin holders and not practically representative of the whole. The community is spread across many mediums, IRC & Slack & Bitcointalk to name only a few.

I do not think that we should be holding Dash's change as a sole example of "proof it works". More was involved than JUST a name change, we have to keep that in mind.

No Bounty should be used! That brings greedy people and often only OneTimers. If you want suggestions it should be done by those that care about THE coin, not just by those that care about COINS (do you see my meaning?)

We have always been the Dark horse in the crypto-game, and would like to see some reasoning as to why someone would *not* this coin for any practical purpose (ie the statement "Realistically, no one is going to use a platform called Blackcoin for child support payments." )

BLK : BDixtCZLWG2M3uTCN1tqXSCu4chXnN5TgH UNO : uZDvh8ZWMN859sksKqkoeUX3trazXro8MH
CDN : CduyH8dMb282mv8XTE2ZDqZ9H4yvnNDKXJ BTC : 17QTs29kJtrowWL7mQ8NKZHSnMiT7QTW7m
Pages: « 1 ... 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 [1656] 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 ... 1743 »
  Print  

Jump to: