R9 270 4~6 - 47 (2.8%)
R9 270 6+ - 93 (5.6%)
R9 280X 1~3 - 254 (15.3%)
R9 280X 4~6 - 255 (15.4%)
R9 280X 6+ - 268 (16.2%)
R9 290 1~3 - 150 (9.1%)
R9 290 3~6 - 91 (5.5%)
R9 290 6+ - 298 (18%)
OTHER (please specify in the thread) - 75 (4.5%)
NONE (Mining only) - 35 (2.1%)
Total Voters: 1656

Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 440 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GPUC] GPU Coin | Mandatory Wallet Update  (Read 421195 times)
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:26:28 PM

Sorry for my previous posts that were a type of attack on you.  I was having a crap morning and suffered from some nerd rage.  I actually think you have some valid points.  I am not aware of any coin that has had an IPO that was successful. And there has been much with this coins that could be seen as an indication the people behind it are not technical enough to get it working.

The point I was trying to make (and doing it poorly) by saying all coins are a pump and dump and saying we are all in an experiment is this. (I hope)

Just because a coin with an IPO has not worked in the past does not necessarily mean that it will not work in the future. Stack coins, Panda had premines that were marketed for stability and longevity or whatever.  IN this case it is for the purchase of GPU (diferent? Not sure).  I think in this case it is a better idea than the previous ones.  My point is that unless these things are tried no one knows.  If this turns out to be a scam we all learn a little bit more about how to avoid them, if it is a partial success we will learn what works and what does not work.  I feel like you have decided that this will not work and are not giving it a chance.  If you do indeed care about seeing crypto work, you would be for experimenting and finding out what works (since nothing yet has seemed to work that well).

I think that if the OP can get GPU in stock it will at least supply some constant buy pressure in the market that is not really present in other coins. If anything this will slow down the death of this coins a bit, but it COULD give it stability.

Again sorry for coming down on you.  I hope this does work, but realistically we do not know.  But that is not a bad thing.

Phad.  This post was rushed so sorry if it is not coherent or does not address all that has been said.
 PM me if you want to, or we can discuss on here.  

Lot of rage here so I am not mad if one uses harsh words. One brings up one point of doubt hes instantly attacked, especially with coins where IPO holders try to defent their pelts of the bears that have not been shot yet (don't know here if you are in the IPO but I mean it generally anyhow). That's understandable, but doesn't prove them right.

I honestly thought (hoped) after wolong's huge failure and 250 BTC lost, that people with bloody noses won't run against walls again and the next coins would become more intelligent, sparkling with real features and inventions, bringing fair profit for all involved and some hope for a future. But obviously there is still much space for some to put up the same game again and again.

About the GPU stock, there was another coin with a market at launch, it had no premine, no IPO but tried to approach the problem with instamine. Unfortunatly that was one of the reason why it didn't lift off: People didn't get insane amounts of coins at the first blocks and lost interest quickly, now the price drops steadily. But buying stuff before it's in stock, just out of promises? Then the CEO isn't even able to get his guys together (and no, launching a coin is not a thing, other do that in few days), fails badly several times at launch, but he wants to organize bounty and constant development with the IPO? Sorry, honstestly, if I say, that sane people shouldn't buy into this. Besides I honestly do believe, that a successful coin with reasonable people having interest in it, should not have any problem to collect donations for bounties and exchanges (and if it is only votes and some reddit-shilling or similar) - anyhow, no one needs premine for that let alone IPO.

If one puts a sale on eBay claiming "cheap GPUs, we don't have them yet but you will get them as soon as we get this business running!" and then fail several times, expressing total idiocy... would anyone here actually buy that? I expected too much from humans, if people really buy that.

Seriously, what's with all this weightage given for the failed launches? Like as if launching successfully is an indicator of anything. Same with getting the right devs on the first round. Less than 5% of the investors wanted their IPO back when the refund was offered to all of them. Now that is an indicator of a few things:

1. The investors made an informed decision and not regret anything.
2. The business model is convincing enough to part people with their money.
3. Both miners and investors dont care if the devs or CEO become rich, as long as the coin they hold has value.

So please stop trying to take accountability away from people. Give them the space to learn from their mistakes if they screw up and get burnt. This is a free market.... when enough scams tips the scales, the market will self correct with or without your "opinions". Its just irritating when rage filled "righteous" Uncle Sams like you make it their life's goal to go about correcting people's "delusions", thinking you are helping them.

Do you know what happens to the butterfly if you help it come out of the pupa?

it becomes the most psycadelic spaztic butterfly in history loves you because nobody ever helps them get out but inevitably it dies within seconds due to humanity complex issues.....
p.s it speaks french

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:37:44 PM

It dies. Cry

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 05:45:00 PM

It dies. Cry
It doesn't matter what happen to the butterfly, the female produce so many eggs (so the race can make it even will all the hungry predators), that one dead won't change anything.

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:54:34 PM

It dies. Cry
It doesn't matter what happen to the butterfly, the female produce so many eggs (so the race can make it even will all the hungry predators), that one dead won't change anything.

Umm! Me thinks you missed the point

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 05:57:53 PM

It dies. Cry

So there was a point....

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

It dies. Cry

So there was a point....
Yes. If you don't see it me trying to explain it won't help.

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:04:52 PM

It dies. Cry

So there was a point....
ok lets take another analogy:
road signs, is it a good thing or a bad thing ?
Answers 1: It's a good thing, it helps people drive better
Answers 2: It's bad thing, people will never learn from their mistakes (if they don't make any...)

djm34 facebook page
nanoprobe
Legendary

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:10:24 PM

It dies. Cry

So there was a point....
Answers 2: It's bad thing, people will never learn from their mistakes (if they don't make any...)
Exactly where are you trying to go with this?

djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:14:28 PM

It dies. Cry

So there was a point....
Exactly where are you trying to go with this?
I don't know, just looks in which context was given the butterfly analogy.

djm34 facebook page
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:29:50 PM

3. Both miners and investors dont care if the devs or CEO become rich, as long as the coin they hold has value.

Because a portion - mid, majority..? - of the IPO is going to be dumped at the outset for a profit--it was the plan of several investors all along. Part of it is already being auctioned publically and privately as well. Hopefully will set a market price, but there's no guarantee. This is because the coin, despite being tied to a physical commodity, doesn't need to have a static or high value. It's merely a transport mechanism. It will still work at 1 satoshi, but you wouldn't want it that low.

The biggest factor will be the frontend's ability to provide easy volume of, and well-priced, GPU's. If it can do better than NewEgg and Amazon, GPUC will be in the top 5 altcoins for value. If they don't do better, it will drop and folks will dump.

It's one of the reasons TigerDirect adopted BTC by itself instead of an altcurrency like Amazon is looking into. There's no guarantee the coin's value will mature or stabilize. Too much to bother with.

I'm watching this because this isn't the first coin to have a business frontend with coin value hopefully tied to something with established value, but it is one which I believe has better chance than most. Also it's a bit of a curiosity, like something in a Zoo. 200+ pages of nothing.

sly5am

Activity: 582

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:32:58 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 06:43:30 PM by sly5am

WHERES THE WALLET!!!!!!!

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:34:29 PM

Because a portion - mid, majority..? - of the IPO is going to be dumped at the outset for a profit--it was the plan of several investors all along. Part of it is already being auctioned publically and privately as well. Hopefully will set a market price, but there's no guarantee. This is because the coin, despite being tied to a physical commodity, doesn't need to have a static or high value. It's merely a transport mechanism. It will still work at 1 satoshi, but you wouldn't want it that low.

The biggest factor will be the frontend's ability to provide easy volume of, and well-priced, GPU's. If it can do better than NewEgg and Amazon, GPUC will be in the top 5 altcoins for value. If they don't do better, it will drop and folks will dump.

It's one of the reasons TigerDirect adopted BTC by itself instead of an altcurrency like Amazon is looking into. There's no guarantee the coin's value will mature or stabilize. Too much to bother with.

I'm watching this because this isn't the first coin to have a business frontend with coin value hopefully tied to something with established value, but it is one which I believe has better chance than most. Also it's a bit of a curiosity, like something in a Zoo. 200+ pages of nothing.

It is a little concerning that the only person with a guaranteed win is the Owner.  Like you said it does not matter if the coin goes down to 1 satoshi, the owner will still be selling at market prices.  It is even worse that the investors are the ones who are paying for this thing.
I really wish there were some sort of condition that if the owner profits but investors do not then portions of profits should be used to repay investors, but that will never happen.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
justafool76

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

WHERES THE WALLET!!!!!!!

I second that commet  and I will add this to the comment

PLEASE WHERES THE WALLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad Grin Huh
Ritual

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:43:30 PM

"Saturday" is fairly unspecific....has the dev given a time anywhere? I haven't read all 217 pages I admit Smiley

Rit.

Newbie oriented mining site - http://cryptoexperiment.wordpress.com/ --- Free BTC - http://freebitco.in/?r=231531
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:44:27 PM

So basically everybody is selling out even before the coins is out... That clearly sets a new record

1 gpuc at 1 satoshi means a gpu at roughly 50Millions gpuc... (with block of 20k that may take a while)

djm34 facebook page
sly5am

Activity: 582

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:44:34 PM

"Saturday" is fairly unspecific....has the dev given a time anywhere? I haven't read all 217 pages I admit Smiley

Rit.
  This coin has been plagued with very little communication from devs.. very amateurish

cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:49:55 PM

WALLET ONLINE !!!!!

Nope nevermind.
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:52:59 PM

Rit.
Nope. Surely hasn't. I keep reading to find out a time, and all of your musings help, as at least the content expands each time I F5. So...

...by all means, carry on.  Grin
goodluck0319

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:56:05 PM

1.  what time is the launch?
2. I can buy GPU with GPUcoin or not.
Queripel

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:56:33 PM

Rit.

It is Saturday now so where is the Wallet & conf file?

I wonder if will see the re-re-re-relaunch tonight Tongue

I think it is 8 am where the CEO lives, so he prolly wants to have breakfast and have a crap before he releases his coin.

he had communicated to me launch around 17:00 EST. 
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 440 »
  Print  

Jump to: