Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:09:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:26:43 PM

The quote from the article below hits upon a very important topic for DNotes. "Mainstream adoption is not going to happen if you circumvent the financial system, you're going to have to be a participant in it." This is absolutely correct. Circumventing the financial system and regulations would only result in fear and uncertainty in using digital currency for the main stream public.

ItBit CEO: Bitcoin Can't Circumvent the Financial System

"Mainstream adoption is not going to happen if you circumvent the financial system, you're going to have to be a participant in it. That doesn't mean bitcoin isn't disruptive. It is in important and very valuable ways, but that disruption will never be able to reach its full potential unless you're able to interface with the system."

http://www.coindesk.com/itbit-ceo-bitcoin-circumvent-financial-system/

I agree. I'm not necessarily a fan of heavy government regulation (I have some Libertarian leanings about that), but I am a fan of crypto-businesses who make the effort to comply with the regulations.

I registered and verified an account on itBit earlier today after reading the article. They still have a major entry barrier, though, and that is prohibitively high fiat deposit and withdrawal costs, at least prohibitive for small players. But according to personal communication, that is something they are working on.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 11:51:01 PM

The quote from the article below hits upon a very important topic for DNotes. "Mainstream adoption is not going to happen if you circumvent the financial system, you're going to have to be a participant in it." This is absolutely correct. Circumventing the financial system and regulations would only result in fear and uncertainty in using digital currency for the main stream public.

"Mainstream adoption is not going to happen if you circumvent the financial system, you're going to have to be a participant in it. That doesn't mean bitcoin isn't disruptive. It is in important and very valuable ways, but that disruption will never be able to reach its full potential unless you're able to interface with the system."

I agree. I'm not necessarily a fan of heavy government regulation (I have some Libertarian leanings about that), but I am a fan of crypto-businesses who make the effort to comply with the regulations.

I registered and verified an account on itBit earlier today after reading the article. They still have a major entry barrier, though, and that is prohibitively high fiat deposit and withdrawal costs, at least prohibitive for small players. But according to personal communication, that is something they are working on.

Thanks Wiser. I think everyone would want the ideal of a fair balance of protection and freedom that allows everyone to do what they need to become successful. I too am a supporter of crypto ventures that follow the regulations.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:14:33 AM

Thanks Wiser. I think everyone would want the ideal of a fair balance of protection and freedom that allows everyone to do what they need to become successful. I too am a supporter of crypto ventures that follow the regulations.

It's excellent in that, crypto-firms that voluntarily follow the regulations, especially before they have been formed, remove the curtain of doubt and promote trust in said crypto-ventures. DNotes plans to keep up with, and even ahead of regulations to be optimally positioned for acceptance without legal setbacks, and studied by regulatory bodies as the use-case model that others should follow. This at least, is the impression I've got from DYNA's posts in this forum. A firm or entity that follows safety protocols before they are enforced in an industry obscured in legal uncertainty not only shows strategic foresight in line with it's goals, but tacitly advertises security and trust. Think for example - 100% deposit guarantees at DNotesVault.com and all the educational links about regulation, competitor ignorance of the regulations, and industry mistakes posted here. There is a reason these links are posted for community learning and discussion, I believe.

An educated, participating community means better investment decision making for it's members, improved understanding of the industry to share with non-members, and encourages patience for, and belief in longer-term projects. What is required is a maturity / paradigm shift in the crypto industry from speculative asset, to transactional currency with long term appreciation and world-wide benefit; short-term mentality to long-term mentality; instant gratification to delayed gratification - a change that is a known business hallmark of success.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 12:47:04 AM

It's excellent in that, crypto-firms that voluntarily follow the regulations, especially before they have been formed, remove the curtain of doubt and promote trust in said crypto-ventures. DNotes plans to keep up with, and even ahead of regulations to be optimally positioned for acceptance without legal setbacks, and studied by regulatory bodies as the use-case model that others should follow. This at least, is the impression I've got from DYNA's posts in this forum. A firm or entity that follows safety protocols before they are enforced in an industry obscured in legal uncertainty not only shows strategic foresight in line with it's goals, but tacitly advertises security and trust. Think for example - 100% deposit guarantees at DNotesVault.com and all the educational links about regulation, competitor ignorance of the regulations, and industry mistakes posted here. There is a reason these links are posted for community learning and discussion, I believe.

An educated, participating community means better investment decision making for it's members, improved understanding of the industry to share with non-members, and encourages patience for, and belief in longer-term projects. What is required is a maturity / paradigm shift in the crypto industry from speculative asset, to transactional currency with long term appreciation and world-wide benefit; short-term mentality to long-term mentality; instant gratification to delayed gratification - a change that is a known business hallmark of success.

I agree as well.  Anyone who reads the DNotes forum, has historic evidence that this has been designed from day one to be trustworthy and above board.  There has never been any talk of hiding behind anonymity or circumventing government regulations.

An interesting note on itBit:  

A new addition to it's board of directors is former FDIC Chairman Sheila C. Bair... and (drum roll)...

"In addition, itBit has partnered with a U.S. FDIC-insured banking institution to be able to offer FDIC insurance on all fiat balances held by U.S. clients."

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20316/breaking-itbit-raises-25-million-granted-charter-nydfs-operate-nationwide-fdic-insurance/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 02:46:36 AM

I agree as well.  Anyone who reads the DNotes forum, has historic evidence that this has been designed from day one to be trustworthy and above board.  There has never been any talk of hiding behind anonymity or circumventing government regulations.

An interesting note on itBit:  

A new addition to it's board of directors is former FDIC Chairman Sheila C. Bair... and (drum roll)...

"In addition, itBit has partnered with a U.S. FDIC-insured banking institution to be able to offer FDIC insurance on all fiat balances held by U.S. clients."

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/20316/breaking-itbit-raises-25-million-granted-charter-nydfs-operate-nationwide-fdic-insurance/

It's very impressive that DNotes has been able to stick to these principles since inception. Many talk a good game but loose site of the path to success before their product has a chance to mature. It will be interesting to see who chooses the path to reasonable regulation and who continues to bang the drum of government oppression.

These recent developments show that the industry is beginning to mature. Unfortunately, most won't follow either out of some misplaced belief that no one can stop them including government or, the very real fact that compliance is simply too complicated and expensive. This will be the "shaking out" period where the weak will fade away and the strong will decide which path they will follow. I believe DNotes is well positioned to move to the next phase and thrive.

Interesting times ahead indeed....

BTW, TeeGee, I live in Southern Maryland.  Smiley

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 03:04:21 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 03:22:28 AM by RJF

This is interesting:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114247/tether-integrates-with-cryptsy-expanding-its-digitized-dollar-service

and this

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114253/bitcoins-by-money-order-opens-up-financial-services-to-the-worlds-underbanked

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:55:51 AM

Just had a great meeting with RJF, it was really nice to meet in person.

Thank you for coming out of your way to meet with us!

Honestly Alan, it was an honor to finally meet you and the team in person, I've been a admirer long before DNotes. I have no doubt that the team's energy, drive and business sense will take DNotes into a successful future.

PS: Still can't get over how green Michigan is! I've been all over the country and nobody has that kind of green!  Smiley

I too am glad that we were able to meet with you.  Sorry I could not be there today in the gardens, my "money" phone as I call it rang off the hook this morning and I had many emails to respond to.  Glad you were able to take the tour but it is unfortunate nothing yet is in bloom.  It is truly an amazing thing to see with all the varieties of color.  You will have to make another trip sometime around the beginning of July when we are in full bloom. Quite an amazing sight to behold.  Safe travels to you.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:10:02 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 06:20:43 AM by IMZ

Just had a great meeting with RJF, it was really nice to meet in person.

Thank you for coming out of your way to meet with us!

Physical meet-ups add a new dimension to a crypto's community. Even phone conversations are invaluable. Four or five IndiaMikeZulu members regularly chat on the phone. Try it!

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

P.s.: themanwiththecap interview contained some very helpful insights: 'common practices of announcing product launches prematurely'

Hmmm . . .
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:36:52 AM

So if I could just point out to make it easier for new people. Say for example I just heard about Dnotes. I don't know what they or bitcoin is but i want to buy some. I punched it in google and ended up on the Dnotescoin.com site and scrolled down to, how do i get dnotes. I read a bunch of technical stuff and am so confused i would know were to go and may even be over it at that point.

Is there anyway to link Cyptomoms there and a brief explanation or put a video on how to buy bitcoin and use an exchange there. Just to make it a little smoother for a new stakeholder. Also i didn't see THIS forum listed on there. Personally i think it would be great idea to make it super easy to find This or Cryptomoms.

Just a thought

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:08:37 PM

So if I could just point out to make it easier for new people. Say for example I just heard about Dnotes. I don't know what they or bitcoin is but i want to buy some. I punched it in google and ended up on the Dnotescoin.com site and scrolled down to, how do i get dnotes. I read a bunch of technical stuff and am so confused i would know were to go and may even be over it at that point.

Is there anyway to link Cyptomoms there and a brief explanation or put a video on how to buy bitcoin and use an exchange there. Just to make it a little smoother for a new stakeholder. Also i didn't see THIS forum listed on there. Personally i think it would be great idea to make it super easy to find This or Cryptomoms.

Just a thought

I've put together a few guides to help with that very thing over in the Guides section of CryptoMoms. Guides I have written so far are:

How to secure and store your passwords
Coinbase: your first Bitcoin wallet
Trading platforms: your key to all other cryptocoins

These cover the very basics up to buying Bitcoin in what I think is the easiest way possible, then sending them to a trading platform and buying DNotes with them. I'm planning on writing my next guide about how the DNotes vault works and how to use it.

I agree that it would be a good idea to link to these guides, because they are written for people who have no prior experience with cryptocurrencies. I'll try to write up a post under "guides" which is basically a list of all the guides which I'll keep updated and that message could be linked to from anywhere.
mrbum805

Activity: 92
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 02:16:12 PM

So if I could just point out to make it easier for new people. Say for example I just heard about Dnotes. I don't know what they or bitcoin is but i want to buy some. I punched it in google and ended up on the Dnotescoin.com site and scrolled down to, how do i get dnotes. I read a bunch of technical stuff and am so confused i wouldn't know were to go and may even be over it at that point.

Just a thought

I've put together a few guides to help with that very thing over in the Guides section of CryptoMoms. Guides I have written so far are:

These cover the very basics up to buying Bitcoin in what I think is the easiest way possible, then sending them to a trading platform and buying DNotes with them. I'm planning on writing my next guide about how the DNotes vault works and how to use it.

I agree that it would be a good idea to link to these guides, because they are written for people who have no prior experience with cryptocurrencies. I'll try to write up a post under "guides" which is basically a list of all the guides which I'll keep updated and that message could be linked to from anywhere.

Awesome wiser! Ya it would be great to put the guide link and a description were it explains buying Dnotes on Dnotescoin.com. Also one other suggestion for the site is that from my understanding if you make any link on that page it should open a new tab when you click on it because people are more likely to return to the original page. Just a little trick my girlfriend was pointing out and it makes plenty of sense.

Anyway I've been reading up on this form everyday and I love Love all the progress. Just wanted to help out anyway I can, so i wanted to point these few things out.

Check out www.reviewdailylife.com for some fun upgrades around the house!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 02:33:40 PM

The Tether service in your first article is interesting, but I can't seem to find any information about being licensed in the US or anywhere else for that matter. The company says they are incorporated in Hong Kong, with offices in US.

Here is a quote from the other article you listed about buying Bitcoin with Money Orders:

With the service already gaining traction, more digital currency startups may now be tempted to follow suite. However, gaining a foothold in this lucrative market by offering an easier solution to the problem of tricky financial regulation can be problematic. The question raised by many observers is whether these innovative solutions can remain viable in the long term or if regulation around established banks will add friction and offset the benefits of digital currencies.

Ripple just received a $700,000 fine, as if they were sending a clear message to the rest of the world to follow the rules. It is also becoming harder to understand if a company is following the rules. In both of these cases it seems as though they are trying to work around the rules.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 02:52:22 PM

So if I could just point out to make it easier for new people. Say for example I just heard about Dnotes. I don't know what they or bitcoin is but i want to buy some. I punched it in google and ended up on the Dnotescoin.com site and scrolled down to, how do i get dnotes. I read a bunch of technical stuff and am so confused i wouldn't know were to go and may even be over it at that point.

Just a thought

Awesome wiser! Ya it would be great to put the guide link and a description were it explains buying Dnotes on Dnotescoin.com. Also one other suggestion for the site is that from my understanding if you make any link on that page it should open a new tab when you click on it because people are more likely to return to the original page. Just a little trick my girlfriend was pointing out and it makes plenty of sense.

Anyway I've been reading up on this form everyday and I love Love all the progress. Just wanted to help out anyway I can, so i wanted to point these few things out.

Thank you mrbum805, those a great points. I think eventually we need to expand the dnotescoin.com website to include more content and updates. Wiser, those are excellent write ups, very impressed with your writing style.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 03:13:46 PM

Just a thought

Thank you very much, wiser. You made my day. I was hoping that someone will be doing something like that and you are the best.  DNotes is now at the cross road of leaping to the next level. This is the time when any extra help from our community will make a huge positive difference. We are well aware that at this formative stage there are always inconveniences and room for improvements. Anything our community can help out will be greatly appreciated.

My currently focus is on a number of other projects and issues that are instrumental in taking DNotes to the next level. They are challenging and demanding, but I am totally committed to make things happen. Again it is our practice not to disclosed details until we are certain that they are accomplished over close to it.

We had an awesome meeting with RJF. Great guy. We are very fortunate to have RJF's full support and I am particularly impressed that he totally shares DNotes philosophy of mutual corporation and contribution in building a stable and trustworthy coin for the mutual benefits everyone, even if it means we all have to work harder and wait longer.

We will most likely be signing up for the upcoming Bitcoin Inside Exhibition to be held in Chicago on July 10 to 11, 2015. I am looking forward to meeting you personally, if you can join us.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:14:44 PM

Thank you very much, wiser. You made my day. I was hoping that someone will be doing something like that and you are the best.  DNotes is now at the cross road of leaping to the next level. This is the time when any extra help from our community will make a huge positive difference. We are well aware that at this formative stage there are always inconveniences and room for improvements. Anything our community can help out will be greatly appreciated.

You're welcome Smiley

I created a post meant to serve as a gateway/overview/table of contents for all the guides. I'll keep it updated, and you all can link to it as needed.

The CryptoMoms forum is actually a great place to post these guides because there's a built in way for people to ask any questions they have, and they can get an answer from any knowledgeable forum member.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:36:20 PM

You're welcome Smiley

I created a post meant to serve as a gateway/overview/table of contents for all the guides. I'll keep it updated, and you all can link to it as needed.

The CryptoMoms forum is actually a great place to post these guides because there's a built in way for people to ask any questions they have, and they can get an answer from any knowledgeable forum member.

Excellent. Thanks, wiser.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:48:28 PM

Here is a good project for our community. Below is my rough draft of a 30 Second Elevator Pitch becoming a more common request as we engage more and more busy investors. Try and improve what I got started or come up with your own version. Please note that "online global market places" are future projects.

30 Second Elevator Pitch

DNotes is the most stable digital currency with reliable long term appreciation and a consistent trend line of establishing higher highs and higher lows since first traded in March 2014; from 200 satoshi to 4500 satoshi. DNotes = Trust. That is our brand. It has created a new culture of mutual cooperation, mass inclusion of everyone irrespective of financial standing, race or gender. It created and funded CryptoMoms to bridge the gender gap while making it a currency neutral site to engage industry peers’ participation. It created DNotesVault to provide a free secure cold storage for all DNotes stakeholders with easy of use and peace of mind, with 100% verifiable deposit guarantee. It created a family of cryptocurrency investment savings plans (CRISP) to promote and encourage early saving habits and long term investment. There is a plan for everyone; from the unborn to the most senior; from the poor to the super rich. It is positioned to provide viable solutions in cooperation with international charity organizations to help solve global problems. CRISP for Retirement targets small business owners while CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits targets their employees. With multiple online global market places DNotes stakeholders and other merchants gain the maximum benefits of the low cost transaction using DNotes as a medium of exchange. That is our pathway to mass consumer and mass merchant adoption. Opps, I just used up my 30 seconds.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:22:17 PM

Wow, that's pretty packed! How much prior knowledge of cryptocurrencies are we assuming on the part of the *other* people in the proverbial elevator?

Edit: I guess what I'm really asking is how are we going to anchor this by connecting it with what the recipient already knows? It doesn't have to be Bitcoin either. But whatever it is that the recipient knows that we're building on, then we have to connect DNotes to it in a way that makes sense--in 30 seconds Smiley

Here is a good project for our community. Below is my rough draft of a 30 Second Elevator Pitch becoming a more common request as we engage more and more busy investors. Try and improve what I got started or come up with your own version. Please note that "online global market places" are future projects.

30 Second Elevator Pitch

DNotes is the most stable digital currency with reliable long term appreciation and a consistent trend line of establishing higher highs and higher lows since first traded in March 2014; from 200 satoshi to 4500 satoshi. DNotes = Trust. That is our brand. It has created a new culture of mutual cooperation, mass inclusion of everyone irrespective of financial standing, race or gender. It created and funded CryptoMoms to bridge the gender gap while making it a currency neutral site to engage industry peers’ participation. It created DNotesVault to provide a free secure cold storage for all DNotes stakeholders with easy of use and peace of mind, with 100% verifiable deposit guarantee. It created a family of cryptocurrency investment savings plans (CRISP) to promote and encourage early saving habits and long term investment. There is a plan for everyone; from the unborn to the most senior; from the poor to the super rich. It is positioned to provide viable solutions in cooperation with international charity organizations to help solve global problems. CRISP for Retirement targets small business owners while CRISP For Employees Incentive Benefits targets their employees. With multiple online global market places DNotes stakeholders and other merchants gain the maximum benefits of the low cost transaction using DNotes as a medium of exchange. That is our pathway to mass consumer and mass merchant adoption. Opps, I just used up my 30 seconds.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 08:01:59 PM

Wow, that's pretty packed! How much prior knowledge of cryptocurrencies are we assuming on the part of the *other* people in the proverbial elevator?

Edit: I guess what I'm really asking is how are we going to anchor this by connecting it with what the recipient already knows? It doesn't have to be Bitcoin either. But whatever it is that the recipient knows that we're building on, then we have to connect DNotes to it in a way that makes sense--in 30 seconds Smiley

30 Second Elevator Pitch

That is a good question. I'm sure Dyna can elaborate a bit more, but here are my opinions. It will likely be targeting people with a general knowledge of bitcoin. However, having multiple elevator pitches depending on the audience would be a good thing. The goal of an elevator pitch would be to get them interested to find out more. TeeGee has pointed it out before, but what really makes DNotes different? Winning Strategies, Trust, Experience, Professionalism, Tenacity... Can we do that in a short paragraph? Here is a single sentence I have been working on: "Positioned for mass adoption and massive growth through the use of highly scalable platforms such as the DNotesVault and integrated CRISP (CryptoCurrency Investment Savings Plans), as well as CryptoMoms. "

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 08:55:21 PM

30 Second Elevator Pitch

This is extremely challenging. I have personally reviewed hundreds of business plans but never came across any business that has the potential of such massive size and scope It is also multi-dimensional involving many segments that can be a massive business by itself. Take for example, the proposed DNotes regulated global exchange. For better clarity use Coinbase as an example. Coinbase is two year old Bitcoin exclusive exchange. Based on the last investment of $75 million for 10% of the company, it is valued at $750 million today. I do not believe that the shareholders want to sell Coinbase even if there is an offer of $1 billion or more. DNotes exchange will be designed to trade DNotes as well as Bitcoin, perhaps a couple other digital currency as well. It will also be linked to many other financial services with the backing of DNotesVault. This is just one business unit and there are many more, too early and speculative to discuss at this stage. DNotes is a long term momentum play. Once it gathered the momentum it is well positioned to take off rapidly and dominate.

The target audience are investors who have a fair knowledge of Bitcoin but have been somewhat hesitant in betting large investment on Bitcoin because of its track record. So their mentality could ..... "So what is so different about DNotes compared to Bitcoin? Why should I consider DNotes seriously?   You got 30 seconds. Go ahead and convince me" I was just given that challenge just two days ago.

Good luck.
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: