Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:34:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 09:56:50 PM

Still mining and holding but feeling a little under the weather when i see us go from an average of 5k sat to now sub 1k and falling... mining these is now just killing my power bill is there any thoughts on forking Dnotes to a pos system .. as i watch ETH moving to take bitcoins spot and give the top 1 percent the ability to take over the digital age of money its very disheartening. Bill Gates and there cronies shouldn't be able to run the new age monetary system.. sorry if i sound off ,but all i have done pretty much since dnotes came out was mine it so i kinda have pretty much all my eggs in one basket. I even got my dad on board for the last 10 months and now hes starting to come down on me so no pressure lol.

Thanks for all the hard work though everyone i know this isn't the outcome any of you have been looking for.  Lips sealed

It would stink to be mining DNotes right now if you have to sell some off to pay the power bill. Right now I'm sure it's way cheaper for you to just buy DNotes off the exchanges. Might want to turn your rigs off until the price gets better.

In the mean time, FANTASTIC DNotes buying opportunity. Working on a purchase order right now Smiley

I'm sure it will pick back up, especially when the company and book are live. But yes, I agree wiser, it's a great time to increase your DNotes reserves, wish I had the extra money to invest at this time.
tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 10:01:57 PM

Although NOTE is already listed on many exchanges, I'd like to suggest SafeCex as Cryptsy replacement. It's a new exchange, the former operator of yaamp mining pool in involved. They want to provide a new "home" for PoW and Cryptsy-only coins, hashpower.co Multipool will be connected to sell/trade mined coins. I think it's worth giving these guys a try.

Register and vote for NOTE
http://safecex.com/coin/add?q=NOTE

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 11:08:11 PM

Although NOTE is already listed on many exchanges, I'd like to suggest SafeCex as Cryptsy replacement. It's a new exchange, the former operator of yaamp mining pool in involved. They want to provide a new "home" for PoW and Cryptsy-only coins, hashpower.co Multipool will be connected to sell/trade mined coins. I think it's worth giving these guys a try.

We probably need a good replacement for Cryptsy. I'll take a look at these guys and see if I can find information on their company.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:38:01 PM

Thank you, tittiecoiner. SafeCex has a good idea. I am always in favor of giving everyone a chance. It is good to know that hashpower.co Multipool is involved to sell/trade mined coins. I just registered and voted. So there are now two (2) votes for NOTE. As always your support is very much appreciated.

The book is shaping up very well but it is much more demanding than I expected. It has certainly taken a lot more time than I allocated. Hopefully, a completed copy will be ready for comprehensive editing in March. I am very confident that it will be a great book for small business owners and start-ups.

More than 50% of start-ups failed within the first 2 to 5 years, depending on the industry and survey report, including SBA. Some reported as high as 80%. There many reasons why business failed. The book is written to inspire the principal owner, founder or leader of the company to create culture excellence and leadership replicated down to the lowest level. It focuses on the four pillars of business success - you, employees, products, and customers. There is one chapter about the DNotes story. This is another reason why I believe that DNotes is significantly undervalued. Investors have a tendency to over shoot both on the upside and the down side.

tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:45:31 PM

We probably need a good replacement for Cryptsy. I'll take a look at these guys and see if I can find information on their company.

You can also contact yaamp, he was very friendly and replied all questions very detailed.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1325370.0

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:10:50 AM

Wham! Overnight. Alt-cap-to-Btc-cap hit 10%.

And . . .

A Keepin' an Eye on Exchanges member or group would be a sound investment. My mob has been guilty of just signing up to an exchange, and then depositing coin on it.

For example, although I've been using A Certain Exchange for six months or more, I only just found out, quite by accident, that its Support Desk is inactive, and it has no mods in its troll box. Wow! How dumb am I?

At very least, let's compile a Pre-Use Checklist for Exchanges. One item should be, IMHO, getting a reply from the Support Desk; and is it 'copy and paste'? a la Cryptsy? or is it 'person-to-person'?

[I recently had cause to contact Gatecoin. Wow! Got a reply from the co-founder! That's good business.]
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 02:28:30 AM

And . . .

A Keepin' an Eye on Exchanges member or group would be a sound investment. My mob has been guilty of just signing up to an exchange, and then depositing coin on it.

For example, although I've been using A Certain Exchange for six months or more, I only just found out, quite by accident, that its Support Desk is inactive, and it has no mods in its troll box. Wow! How dumb am I?

At very least, let's compile a Pre-Use Checklist for Exchanges. One item should be, IMHO, getting a reply from the Support Desk; and is it 'copy and paste'? a la Cryptsy? or is it 'person-to-person'?

[I recently had cause to contact Gatecoin. Wow! Got a reply from the co-founder! That's good business.]

"Overnight. Alt-cap-to-Btc-cap hit 10%." Wow, that is impressive!

The first thing I look for in an exchange now is verifiable company information, where they are located, and roughly what the laws there are like. Then I will look for information about the owners, can I find information on them, what background do they have, can I find a way to contact them.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:31:36 AM

You can also contact yaamp, he was very friendly and replied all questions very detailed.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1325370.0

That is good to know. I like management that is responsive and customer service oriented. We can use more of that in our industry.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:17:54 AM

DNotes seems to be on its way back up. I'm not sure what exactly happened to drop it to the 3 digits, but I'm sure glad I bought some on that dip.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:32:28 AM

And . . .

"Overnight. Alt-cap-to-Btc-cap hit 10%." Wow, that is impressive!

The first thing I look for in an exchange now is verifiable company information, where they are located, and roughly what the laws there are like. Then I will look for information about the owners, can I find information on them, what background do they have, can I find a way to contact them.

Let's collate all this info. (Yeh, location and laws: good idea!)
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 04:29:13 AM

DNotes seems to be on its way back up. I'm not sure what exactly happened to drop it to the 3 digits, but I'm sure glad I bought some on that dip.

The volume is still very low. So I won't not read too much into it. It does not take much for the price to shoot back up.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 01:48:39 PM

The volume is still very low. So I won't not read too much into it. It does not take much for the price to shoot back up.

Good point. I wasn't paying much attention to volume. Maybe it was me that did it Wink
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 01:53:16 PM

Still mining and holding but feeling a little under the weather when i see us go from an average of 5k sat to now sub 1k and falling... mining these is now just killing my power bill is there any thoughts on forking Dnotes to a pos system .. as i watch ETH moving to take bitcoins spot and give the top 1 percent the ability to take over the digital age of money its very disheartening. Bill Gates and there cronies shouldn't be able to run the new age monetary system.. sorry if i sound off ,but all i have done pretty much since dnotes came out was mine it so i kinda have pretty much all my eggs in one basket. I even got my dad on board for the last 10 months and now hes starting to come down on me so no pressure lol.

Thanks for all the hard work though everyone i know this isn't the outcome any of you have been looking for.  Lips sealed

I appreciate your frustration kold, we feel it as well. On the bright side, you should be able to acquire more DNotes when mining at a lower market price as the price and hashrate reach equilibrium.

For now the only option we have is to put our nose to the grindstone. We have a plan and working furiously to execute it while maintaining everything we have built.

We appreciate everyone who has stuck with us this long, I find it inspiring in this industry and age of instant gratification that we have so many long term stake holders and supporters willing to stick it out. The DNotesVault is a shining example of just how much faith everyone has placed in DNotes, currently holding almost 20m DNotes in users accounts.

I see it a bit differently. I don't mine for the short term, I mine for the long term. Even if the coin/value/power cost ratios are upside down, if I have determined a particular currency, like DNotes, will greatly increase in value in the long run, I'll mine it. Yes, sometimes it's cheaper to just buy it but, that doesn't help the coin or it's perception of value to the public and interested investors. If I choose to invest, I also choose to help out. One way to do that is by mining.

I have investigated many coins over the last several years and the first place I go are the forums. I can't tell you how many potential investments I have turned away from by scanning a forum. Yes, I know there is a lot of BS but, there is also a lot of truth. Constant complaints about stuck blockchains and lack of miners is an immediate signal to move on. The only way to keep a POW coin healthy is to mine it. And as for POS, the jury is still out but, most people are admitting pure POS is unsustainable in the long run. Various versions and hybrids of POW/POS are being tried but, as I said, no verdict yet.

So, if you can hang in there great! You will be glad you did in the future. If no, no problem, I know what its like to scramble to pay the bills, no shame there.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 02:54:16 PM

I appreciate your frustration kold, we feel it as well. On the bright side, you should be able to acquire more DNotes when mining at a lower market price as the price and hashrate reach equilibrium.

For now the only option we have is to put our nose to the grindstone. We have a plan and working furiously to execute it while maintaining everything we have built.

We appreciate everyone who has stuck with us this long, I find it inspiring in this industry and age of instant gratification that we have so many long term stake holders and supporters willing to stick it out. The DNotesVault is a shining example of just how much faith everyone has placed in DNotes, currently holding almost 20m DNotes in users accounts.

I see it a bit differently. I don't mine for the short term, I mine for the long term. Even if the coin/value/power cost ratios are upside down, if I have determined a particular currency, like DNotes, will greatly increase in value in the long run, I'll mine it. Yes, sometimes it's cheaper to just buy it but, that doesn't help the coin or it's perception of value to the public and interested investors. If I choose to invest, I also choose to help out. One way to do that is by mining.

I have investigated many coins over the last several years and the first place I go are the forums. I can't tell you how many potential investments I have turned away from by scanning a forum. Yes, I know there is a lot of BS but, there is also a lot of truth. Constant complaints about stuck blockchains and lack of miners is an immediate signal to move on. The only way to keep a POW coin healthy is to mine it. And as for POS, the jury is still out but, most people are admitting pure POS is unsustainable in the long run. Various versions and hybrids of POW/POS are being tried but, as I said, no verdict yet.

So, if you can hang in there great! You will be glad you did in the future. If no, no problem, I know what its like to scramble to pay the bills, no shame there.

FYI, Diamond (DMD) uses a hybrid POW/POS system, and they at least believe that it keeps the network more secure than if they used either one or the other. Last night there was a fork in one or more of the mining pools, but it didn't seem to affect the majority of the network. That's the extent of what I know about it, but might be worth checking out as a case study. I also happen to personally believe it's a good coin. It uses the Groestl algorithm.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:18:17 PM

Thanks RJF, those are good points and we appreciate the support. I agree POW is the most stable and proven at this point. There are lots of interesting variations out there, and I'm sure there are more coming.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:27:57 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 1-17-2016

Cryptsy: Hacker Theft Stole Millions; Bankruptcy Now an Option.
When it Rains, It Pours: Cryptsy Facing Class Action Suit.
MintChip Acquired by nanoPay.
CoinDesk Acquired by Digital Currency Group.
Emercoin Transaction Optimizer Reducing Blockchain Size.
US Government-Funded RAND Research Examines Strategies for Disrupting Digital Currency.

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-1-17-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 03:33:20 PM

Do you know where your tax dollars are going?

US Government-Funded RAND Research Examines Strategies for Disrupting Digital Currency

What do you do when your country is barreling towards twenty trillion dollars worth of debt, while facing abysmal workforce participation rates at home and massive foreign policy challenges abroad? Well, if you’re the US government, there’s really only one sensible option: you fund a research project to have RAND examine different ways to disrupt digital currencies.

Yes, that’s right: the federally-funded RAND National Defense Research Institute’s International Security and Defense Policy Center was asked by the Office of the US Secretary of Defense to examine the national security implications presented by digital currency implementation, as well as possible options the United States could use to disrupt such currencies should the nation determine that they somehow pose a national security risk.

The report manages to be both thought-provoking and chilling, and offers a wonderful opportunity for interested readers to sneak a peek behind the curtain at the types of concerns their tax dollars help to address.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 03:39:29 PM

The second story really illustrates the point that while Cryptsy would have weathered any issues that were truly technical, and it might have even managed to survive such a large theft, its poor communication/relations with customers will be what actually sinks it.

I was on Cryptsy chat many times during the past few weeks and it was clear that Cryptsy top management was not even properly communicating with their own employees.

What's sad is that good communication costs the least to implement!
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:02:35 PM

The second story really illustrates the point that while Cryptsy would have weathered any issues that were truly technical, and it might have even managed to survive such a large theft, its poor communication/relations with customers will be what actually sinks it.

I was on Cryptsy chat many times during the past few weeks and it was clear that Cryptsy top management was not even properly communicating with their own employees.

What's sad is that good communication costs the least to implement!

Unless there are strong motivating factors for a change, people's attitude, mind-set, and general behavior are consistent. In the case of Cryptsy, top management, have not placed much value or need in communication with their customers. Being a consistent behavior, it should not be a surprise that "Cryptsy top management was not even properly communicating with their own employees."

Employees and Customers are two of the four most important pillars to business success. If top management failed to recognize either or both of them to be of great value, than the company is not likely to be a great company. It is at risk of loosing both customers and employees as better options and choices became available.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 05:08:40 PM

Thanks RJF, those are good points and we appreciate the support. I agree POW is the most stable and proven at this point. There are lots of interesting variations out there, and I'm sure there are more coming.

"On the bright side, you should be able to acquire more DNotes when mining at a lower market price as the price and hashrate reach equilibrium."

I just realized that mining DNotes is like Dollar Cost Averaging for long term investing.  For anyone that doesn't know, dollar cost averaging is a disciplined method of investing, where you purchase a fixed dollar amount of that investment at regular intervals. It takes the guesswork out of when to buy and gives people a structured, disciplined method of investing. In the case of mining, it would be your mining capacity that would be the 'fixed dollar amount'. It is the amount that is accumulated in the troughs that really makes the investment valuable later on.

Thank you all mine and hold miners!!

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: