Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:40:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 02:11:16 AM

Another excellent article here:  http://cointelegraph.com/news/115555/why-the-exploding-bitcoin-price-really-doesnt-matter

I would say this is good press. Points are very well said and true. Don't let the title fool you.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:14:38 AM

Dnotes' price stability at this second is a tribute to its community's steady hands! Our one-month chart is sweet.

Wild swings in Btc's price at this second. (I'm sleeping on a mattress in front of my keyboard.)

If you wanna get good goss, check the troll box here: https://btc-e.com

And you can see the volume* on the Chinese exchanges at the bottom of this list: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

*It doesn't get listed in CMC's daily trading-volume stats 'cause the exchanges in question charge no fees. I learned this about three minutes ago.

I do always enjoy the new information you bring to this thread, and analysis IMZ.

Agreed, you bring a unique perspective and always get us thinking, and we appreciate it!

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:12:28 AM

Hi, sorry for the late comment. I mean we can make a reaserch - what are the fingerprint of an un-acceptable transactions (such as ransom) - and than prepar a new product (for our coin web site, but it can be used in any block chain tech coin) that can monitors transactions and stop the process (by means we can define, for example freezing a depposite for double check; assisted by the block chain tech  features). this move can give DNOTES Unique nature and shine the coin compares to all other coins. what is your opinion?

Maybe the outcome should be expanding of the block-chain technology  - to be Entity that limits the use by a basic regulations features? (primary conditions for transactions) some of this direction may seperates between the bitcoin to -let say -it's more sophisticated coin -DNOTES. this might take digital coins to mass acceptence?

This is disappointing, Taiwan declares Bitcoin illegal essentially because of a kidnapping that used Bitcoin for the ransom. Why don't they declare TWD illegal? I'm sure that is used in all other criminal activity.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-declared-illegal-in-taiwan/

Youch, that is a bit harsh. I thought Taiwan was fairly friendly when it came to digital currency. I'm not sure how that will be helpful for the Taiwanese people. I'm sure this won't stop criminals from using digital currency, but will certainly prevent the average person from using it and prevent business and technology development in Taiwan.

Hi Mati, would you give us an example on this idea? Are you saying if coins are used for ransom for instance, they could be 'locked out' and not be spent?
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 01:34:43 PM

Had a conference call with Tim and Alan yesterday, one of the things we would like to do is promote CRISP for Kids and CRISP for Students a bit more utilizing DCEBrief. Who or what organizations could we have for guest speakers on DCEBrief that might be interested in writing on these subjects?

Here are a couple articles that I have sent to Nick to see if he would be willing to write these topics:
The importance of getting children involved in digital currency at an early age.
Developing good saving habits with digital currency for children. (CRISP for Kids)
The importance of getting students involved in digital currency at this early stage of it's development. (CRISP for Students)

I would really like to see these articles written. They will be highly important and relevant to children and students who need more information and want to get started. Excellent topics!

I agree with Marc.  It is said that digital currency and blockchain technology will touch every aspect of our lives, which means every young person wanting a meaningful job will have to be well versed (if not an expert) in the subject.  The impact on this generation if they start investing / saving well thought out choices in digital currency, in the early stages of this industry will be phenomenal.  Wouldn't it be amazing if the phrase 'student debt' disappeared in 15 or 20 years! Smiley

Just dropping in briefly to say Hello to everyone. I have a very tight schedule today and will be gone a good part of tomorrow attending an IoT Meet-Up.

"Blockchain" will be everywhere. This will be the next wave of job and wealth creation. We are fortunate to be in a great position.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:23:15 PM

Another excellent article here:  http://cointelegraph.com/news/115555/why-the-exploding-bitcoin-price-really-doesnt-matter

I would say this is good press. Points are very well said and true. Don't let the title fool you.

Great article, here are some of the key points I found the most interesting:

"Taiwan is just the latest victim of self-defeating, primitive, hypocritical regulatory action. Major crimes are committed every day in fiat currency, and it receives no regulatory backlash."

"Bitcoin value has not only survived on a global basis for going on seven years, but thrived, and attracted some of the largest merchants worldwide (Microsoft, Dell Computers, Dish Network, etc.). This is much more relevant than any comparison to a dollar currency that is in its final years of relevance itself. If that doesn't prove the inherent strength of Bitcoin value, nothing will. What else in this global recession has grown in use and market attention so quickly?"

"Bitcoin appreciates by design. Dollars depreciate by the design of its debt-based economic system."

"Sort of. Not really. But when, not if, the dollar eventually collapses, and heads to its true intrinsic value, bitcoin value will have an inverse market relationship. It will then skyrocket to unimaginable heights, at least against "The Dying Dollar." As the dollar continues to slip and slide, Bitcoin will continue its march into the future."

"Bitcoin has more than held it's own in the face of great adversity over the last five years and has grown in relative value over 100% in the last 2-3 months. Does that mean the number of people using Bitcoin has doubled? Does that mean the mainstream media or regulators are going to stop attacking Bitcoin at every opportunity? No. It’s just an imaginary scoreboard; a game we play. We make Bitcoin exchange prices too important. What matters is how many people are using it, and how we can grow the community."

"The Dollar System is a seventy-year-old man with a bad heart. Digital currency is a 7-year old child prodigy. A “Doogie Howser M.D.”, ready to solve the many ills of the old man on the world’s economic gurney."

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:26:15 PM

Hi, sorry for the late comment. I mean we can make a reaserch - what are the fingerprint of an un-acceptable transactions (such as ransom) - and than prepar a new product (for our coin web site, but it can be used in any block chain tech coin) that can monitors transactions and stop the process (by means we can define, for example freezing a depposite for double check; assisted by the block chain tech  features). this move can give DNOTES Unique nature and shine the coin compares to all other coins. what is your opinion?

Maybe the outcome should be expanding of the block-chain technology  - to be Entity that limits the use by a basic regulations features? (primary conditions for transactions) some of this direction may seperates between the bitcoin to -let say -it's more sophisticated coin -DNOTES. this might take digital coins to mass acceptence?

This is disappointing, Taiwan declares Bitcoin illegal essentially because of a kidnapping that used Bitcoin for the ransom. Why don't they declare TWD illegal? I'm sure that is used in all other criminal activity.

Youch, that is a bit harsh. I thought Taiwan was fairly friendly when it came to digital currency. I'm not sure how that will be helpful for the Taiwanese people. I'm sure this won't stop criminals from using digital currency, but will certainly prevent the average person from using it and prevent business and technology development in Taiwan.

Hi Mati, would you give us an example on this idea? Are you saying if coins are used for ransom for instance, they could be 'locked out' and not be spent?

Ahh, so just to clarify. This would be an investigative tool to identify criminal activity?

matatyau-cohen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:46:33 PM

no. the terms you use -i guess - can not be used here, and this is not only semantics. economy, I think, should keep it's transactions aesthetics ----to maintain the trust people feel for it. so the tool must be match to this definition and not to a legal definition

Ahh, so just to clarify. This would be an investigative tool to identify criminal activity?
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 03:47:18 PM

Had a conference call with Tim and Alan yesterday, one of the things we would like to do is promote CRISP for Kids and CRISP for Students a bit more utilizing DCEBrief. Who or what organizations could we have for guest speakers on DCEBrief that might be interested in writing on these subjects?

Here are a couple articles that I have sent to Nick to see if he would be willing to write these topics:
The importance of getting children involved in digital currency at an early age.
Developing good saving habits with digital currency for children. (CRISP for Kids)
The importance of getting students involved in digital currency at this early stage of it's development. (CRISP for Students)

I would really like to see these articles written. They will be highly important and relevant to children and students who need more information and want to get started. Excellent topics!

I agree with Marc.  It is said that digital currency and blockchain technology will touch every aspect of our lives, which means every young person wanting a meaningful job will have to be well versed (if not an expert) in the subject.  The impact on this generation if they start investing / saving well thought out choices in digital currency, in the early stages of this industry will be phenomenal.  Wouldn't it be amazing if the phrase 'student debt' disappeared in 15 or 20 years! Smiley

Just dropping in briefly to say Hello to everyone. I have a very tight schedule today and will be gone a good part of tomorrow attending an IoT Meet-Up.

"Blockchain" will be everywhere. This will be the next wave of job and wealth creation. We are fortunate to be in a great position.

Fortunate was this people that buy 10k $ btc in 2013 before the rise and the rise of bitcoin, We and specially you guys leading DNotes platform to "real" status fighting some identified bitcoin problems, what i mean its that is a lot of hard and honest work, so they are fortunate to can find DNotes  Wink , Congrats and thanks for good job here, if need something just tell me i wanna work/help.

Great article, here are some of the key points I found the most interesting:

"Taiwan is just the latest victim of self-defeating, primitive, hypocritical regulatory action. Major crimes are committed every day in fiat currency, and it receives no regulatory backlash."

"Bitcoin value has not only survived on a global basis for going on seven years, but thrived, and attracted some of the largest merchants worldwide (Microsoft, Dell Computers, Dish Network, etc.). This is much more relevant than any comparison to a dollar currency that is in its final years of relevance itself. If that doesn't prove the inherent strength of Bitcoin value, nothing will. What else in this global recession has grown in use and market attention so quickly?"

"Bitcoin appreciates by design. Dollars depreciate by the design of its debt-based economic system."

"Sort of. Not really. But when, not if, the dollar eventually collapses, and heads to its true intrinsic value, bitcoin value will have an inverse market relationship. It will then skyrocket to unimaginable heights, at least against "The Dying Dollar." As the dollar continues to slip and slide, Bitcoin will continue its march into the future."

"Bitcoin has more than held it's own in the face of great adversity over the last five years and has grown in relative value over 100% in the last 2-3 months. Does that mean the number of people using Bitcoin has doubled? Does that mean the mainstream media or regulators are going to stop attacking Bitcoin at every opportunity? No. It’s just an imaginary scoreboard; a game we play. We make Bitcoin exchange prices too important. What matters is how many people are using it, and how we can grow the community."

"The Dollar System is a seventy-year-old man with a bad heart. Digital currency is a 7-year old child prodigy. A “Doogie Howser M.D.”, ready to solve the many ills of the old man on the world’s economic gurney."

i think this bitcoin rise its just a bigg fiat money transfer.
HORT

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 07:59:17 PM

More progress to mass adoption: http://cointelegraph.com/news/115564/first-blockchain-company-goes-public-on-toronto-stock-exchange
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 08:08:32 PM

That is excellent, goes a long way in validating the industry. A little background. "The firm is targeting multiple billion dollar remittance industries, including the UK and Canada market, which settled more than US$23 billion remittances in 2011 alone"

“As a leader within this dynamic community BTL further solidifies its place as a vital and important organization, driving the growth of the blockchain market. Lastly, the Company is also exploring other pioneering blockchain,”

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 08:11:39 PM

Here is something I found on Reddit when looking through the weekly bitcoin news. The "NO BOUNDARIES AWARD WINNER" on the right.

HORT

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:12:05 PM

That is excellent, goes a long way in validating the industry. A little background. "The firm is targeting multiple billion dollar remittance industries, including the UK and Canada market, which settled more than US$23 billion remittances in 2011 alone"

“As a leader within this dynamic community BTL further solidifies its place as a vital and important organization, driving the growth of the blockchain market. Lastly, the Company is also exploring other pioneering blockchain,”

Yes, I also like this one too, ...aims to establish itself as the key game-changer of the “international FinTech movement,” and support financial institutions as well as banks to utilize the blockchain technology to bridge conventional payment systems to new generation transaction settlement networks.

Sounds like they have a plan of some sort to achieve this.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:34:50 PM

Here is something I found on Reddit when looking through the weekly bitcoin news. The "NO BOUNDARIES AWARD WINNER" on the right.

I absolutely love this. I don't know if there are more winners than the two listed on the page (I imagine so), but the first 2 mentioned at least are decentralised models of existing systems that are making the public at large realise the potential, superiority and current usability of decentralised systems against the entrenched alternative.

I really hope to find out who Satoshi Nakamoto is one day, just like everybody else. But then again, is much of that interest just in the fact that we don't know? You'd think somebody would want the credit for such an incredible discovery huh? However, I imagine the fame and government attention could be problematic.

RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2015, 09:50:27 PM

Bitcoin makes USA Today:

http://usat.ly/1MC9Bli

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 12:51:42 AM

Bitcoin makes USA Today:

http://usat.ly/1MC9Bli

Good, if all mainstream outlets are reporting on Bitcoin, then digital currency will become widely known and understood. Bitcoin today, DNotes will be coming soon as well.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 12:57:44 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-CXu5ECIg

Andreas is always compelling to watch. Bitcoin is a protocol. As a protocol, bitcoin can be used anywhere, can be used by software, can be programmed, can be scripted. It is the missing layer of the web.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 04:48:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-CXu5ECIg

Andreas is always compelling to watch. Bitcoin is a protocol. As a protocol, bitcoin can be used anywhere, can be used by software, can be programmed, can be scripted. It is the missing layer of the web.

Great video Kanus. If anyone isn't interested in watching the entire 40+ minute video, I would recommend watching the answer to the last question:
https://youtu.be/dB-CXu5ECIg?t=2589

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 04:51:56 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 01:05:49 AM by DNotes

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 11-6-2015

New Survey Projects Bitcoin to Join World’s Reserve Currencies.
U.S. Auctions Last of Seized Silk Road Bitcoins.
Bitcoin Price Still Volatile.
USAA to Add Bitcoin Monitoring to Customer Account Interface.
ChangeTip offers new iOS App.
BitGo Launches New Key Recovery Service.
Bitcoin Approved for Unicode Symbol.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-11-6-2015/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 05:45:27 PM

Had trouble connecting to the forum most of the morning, managed to get the DCEBrief article posted. Looks like it's back up and running now.

Found this in my email today:
http://www.coindesk.com/research/who-really-uses-bitcoin/
Could be pretty interesting, in the screen shots it appears to talk about gender imbalance.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:03:02 PM

Had trouble connecting to the forum most of the morning, managed to get the DCEBrief article posted. Looks like it's back up and running now.

Found this in my email today:
http://www.coindesk.com/research/who-really-uses-bitcoin/
Could be pretty interesting, in the screen shots it appears to talk about gender imbalance.

Am I the only one thinking it stinks that they are charging $99 to view this report??  Angry

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: