Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:23:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814493 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 04:29:32 PM

Thomas wrote an interesting article on Bio-Payments. This is a field we are very interested in for the future of DNotes payments.

http://dcebrief.com/secure-bitcoin-transactions-with-bio-payments/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 06:44:18 PM

One thing that came to my attention is a potential need to clarify what CryptoMoms is all about and how it will evolve.

Digital currency doesn't necessarily benefit women any more than it benefits men, we know all the benefits of digital currency and what it can do for humanity, so I don't need to go into those details. The point is that it will benefit women and women's small business. Our goal with CryptoMoms was to create a friendly environment to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of cryptocurrency. However, it doesn't stop there, CryptoMoms, the site as it is now is merely the first step or initial phase for this concept.

The future of the CryptoMoms concept will be to expand the CryptoMoms site and offer tools and useful features to further that mission and create a for profit company around the concept as part of DNotes business model. We also intend to participate in women's small business to help and assist them. There may be a parent company to CryptoMoms, under the DNotes umbrella, with a different name that is more attractive to organizations interested in progressing women's small business, and could work to help women's small business with cost effective business loans and assist in building business plans and the like.

That is just part of the vision for CryptoMoms and how it may evolve. I hope that helps to paint a clearer picture of the objective. It's more about what can the CryptoMoms concept do to encourage and assist woman.

We are looking for someone who is passionate about the CryptoMoms concept, and women's small business, to become the representative and face of CryptoMoms as part of our next steps. It could take a while to find the right fit for this, but that won't stop the progress of the CryptoMoms concept.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:49:36 PM

One thing that came to my attention is a potential need to clarify what CryptoMoms is all about and how it will evolve.

Digital currency doesn't necessarily benefit women any more than it benefits men, we know all the benefits of digital currency and what it can do for humanity, so I don't need to go into those details. The point is that it will benefit women and women's small business. Our goal with CryptoMoms was to create a friendly environment to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of cryptocurrency. However, it doesn't stop there, CryptoMoms, the site as it is now is merely the first step or initial phase for this concept.

The future of the CryptoMoms concept will be to expand the CryptoMoms site and offer tools and useful features to further that mission and create a for profit company around the concept as part of DNotes business model. We also intend to participate in women's small business to help and assist them. There may be a parent company to CryptoMoms, under the DNotes umbrella, with a different name that is more attractive to organizations interested in progressing women's small business, and could work to help women's small business with cost effective business loans and assist in building business plans and the like.

That is just part of the vision for CryptoMoms and how it may evolve. I hope that helps to paint a clearer picture of the objective. It's more about what can the CryptoMoms concept do to encourage and assist woman.

We are looking for someone who is passionate about the CryptoMoms concept, and women's small business, to become the representative and face of CryptoMoms as part of our next steps. It could take a while to find the right fit for this, but that won't stop the progress of the CryptoMoms concept.

Excellent post, Joe. Very accurate representation of our vision, strategic direction, and mission.

Like all big idea, DNotes started small. By all measures, we are still very small and we know our limitations. What we want DNotes to be is far more than another digital currency. We are creating a trusted brand for the future of money and financial technology (FinTech).

It is a very large scale global project, and it is being built block by block. Every block is strategically linked. Strategic positioning, flawless execution at the perfect time, with the right team, structure, culture, and process are all vital to our success.

The book I am working on will not only be immensely helpful to many small business owners by showing and inspiring them to preform at a higher level but also demonstrate to them that cultivating a single mindset to promote mutual cooperation and shared benefits could be the best answer to many struggling business owners and their employees. Good, happy employees are good for the employers but the reverse is also true. A new culture is one that share the mindset that what is good for the company is also good for the employees and the business owner.   
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:25:09 PM

This is disappointing, Taiwan declares Bitcoin illegal essentially because of a kidnapping that used Bitcoin for the ransom. Why don't they declare TWD illegal? I'm sure that is used in all other criminal activity.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-declared-illegal-in-taiwan/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 09:32:49 PM

This is disappointing, Taiwan declares Bitcoin illegal essentially because of a kidnapping that used Bitcoin for the ransom. Why don't they declare TWD illegal? I'm sure that is used in all other criminal activity.

Youch, that is a bit harsh. I thought Taiwan was fairly friendly when it came to digital currency. I'm not sure how that will be helpful for the Taiwanese people. I'm sure this won't stop criminals from using digital currency, but will certainly prevent the average person from using it and prevent business and technology development in Taiwan.

HORT

Activity: 508
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:59:41 PM

Youch, that is a bit harsh. I thought Taiwan was fairly friendly when it came to digital currency. I'm not sure how that will be helpful for the Taiwanese people. I'm sure this won't stop criminals from using digital currency, but will certainly prevent the average person from using it and prevent business and technology development in Taiwan.

I agree, quite harsh. I am sure there will be backlash and this will be reversed. I can only hope otherwise another bad press story on cryptocurrency. I do wish NEWS would report the good as well as the bad, but alas bad NEWS is what sells.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:43:10 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 01:18:55 AM by Chase

I agree, quite harsh. I am sure there will be backlash and this will be reversed. I can only hope otherwise another bad press story on cryptocurrency. I do wish NEWS would report the good as well as the bad, but alas bad NEWS is what sells.

The Taiwanese government should have read the DNotes Educational Guide.  One of the questions in the quiz is: "Blaming bitcoin for criminal activity is like blaming kidnapping on cash."  True / False  

Even if the government official had answered false incorrectly, the app would have corrected their misconceptions.   Just saying...   Wink

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 03:45:43 AM

The Taiwanese government should have read the DNotes Educational Guide.  One of the questions in the quiz is: "Blaming bitcoin for criminal activity is like blaming kidnapping on cash."  True / False  

Even if the government official had answered false incorrectly, the app would have corrected their misconceptions.   Just saying...   Wink

I know huh, we will have to figure out a way to promote that a bit more. It's a great tool.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:45:54 PM

I know huh, we will have to figure out a way to promote that a bit more. It's a great tool.

Yes I agree, we have sufficient content for the time being and the focus should shift to marketing. The press release worked well, perhaps another is in order with the price of Bitcoin on the move.

I would strongly advise against anyone marketing an app on Facebook, it's very deceptive. When you create a campaign and pay, it gives the option of paying per app install. However, when your campaign is up and running, you're charged per click. Which is kind of a ripoff if you have'nt exactly nailed down your key demographics yet. Facebook's "no more than 20% text in images rule" is also a pain in the ass if all of your logos contain text!
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:56:27 PM

Welcome to Cryptopia NOTE!

Looking forward to seeing you at the NOTE/UNO market.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 02:12:38 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 02:27:36 PM by RJF

You hit the nail directly on it's head! These types of reactions are caused by a lack of education and fear/suspicion of the unknown in almost all cases. People such as the Taiwan government official don't know what Bitcoin is but, they know it is associated with crime and criminal activity so, they fear it. And fear brings irrational, knee jerk decision making. We have seen this time and time again throughout history.

So, what can we do about it? Simple, educate those who have power but lack understanding. We have a great vehicle in DCEBrief and we need to continue to get the word out. Perhaps, along with the "Regulation" header, we could add a header for world leaders where articles would specifically deal with not over reacting to every crime using Bitcoin or other digital currency. Perhaps a focused, advertised and well placed section for world leaders would pick up some readership from those who actually make the rules and who's knee jerk reactions can easily affect the entire globe including financial markets in other countries.

And, remember Mr. Tseng Ming-chung, when you "ban" something, then only the criminals will be free to use it. It doesn't work the way you think it does. Looks like Taiwan's citizens are not as free as mainland China's citizens. Might want to think about that for a moment...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 02:34:41 PM

You hit the nail directly on it's head! These types of reactions are caused by a lack of education and fear/suspicion of the unknown in almost all cases. People such as the Taiwan government official don't know what Bitcoin is but, they know it is associated with crime and criminal activity so, they fear it. And fear brings irrational, knee jerk decision making. We have seen this time and time again throughout history.

So, what can we do about it? Simple, educate those who have power but lack understanding. We have a great vehicle in DCEBrief and we need to continue to get the word out. Perhaps, along with the "Regulation" header, we could add a header for world leaders where articles would specifically deal with not over reacting to every crime using Bitcoin or other digital currency. Perhaps a focused, advertised and well placed section for world leaders would pick up some readership from those who actually make the rules and who's knee jerk reactions can easily affect the entire globe including financial markets in other countries.

And, remember Mr. Tseng Ming-chung, when you "ban" something, then only the criminals will be free to use it. It doesn't work the way you think it does. Looks like Taiwan's citizens are not as free as mainland China's citizens. Might want to think about that for a moment...

This is an excellent point, and has repeated itself in many ways throughout history (prohibition and firearm control come to mind). Perhaps a more reasonable solution would be to whitelist law abiding Bitcoin users, and add extra punishment for blacklisted, repeat offenders, who have a history of using the blockchain with criminal intent.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 03:04:14 PM

Welcome to Cryptopia NOTE!

Looking forward to seeing you at the NOTE/UNO market.

Thanks BitcoinNational, good to see you again. Cryptopia may drive some new interest to find out what DNotes is all about. It has a good amount of traffic and lots of great tools and features.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 03:10:50 PM

Though it's a negative headline, I've asked Thomas to write an article about this on DCEBrief, so DCEBrief can weigh in on it a little. It also warrants an update to the DCEBrief writers guide.

What would you label such a header?

RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 03:19:04 PM

Though it's a negative headline, I've asked Thomas to write an article about this on DCEBrief, so DCEBrief can weigh in on it a little. It also warrants an update to the DCEBrief writers guide.

What would you label such a header?

Some ideas:

Leadership or World Leadership
Political Considerations
Decision Makers
Law Makers Corner
Legislation Update

Something along those lines.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
Faradey100

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:51:20 PM

I hold my Dnotes,price for this altcoin always been high:-)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 05:21:42 PM

I hold my Dnotes,price for this altcoin always been high:-)

Thanks Faradey100, welcome to the DNotes forum.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:52:29 PM

Yes I agree, we have sufficient content for the time being and the focus should shift to marketing. The press release worked well, perhaps another is in order with the price of Bitcoin on the move.

I would strongly advise against anyone marketing an app on Facebook, it's very deceptive. When you create a campaign and pay, it gives the option of paying per app install. However, when your campaign is up and running, you're charged per click. Which is kind of a ripoff if you have'nt exactly nailed down your key demographics yet. Facebook's "no more than 20% text in images rule" is also a pain in the ass if all of your logos contain text!

Wow, that is truly surprising. I thought Taiwan was a leader in the tech world. This could be very damaging for them.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 09:48:05 PM

Found an update on Mt Gox. Not to drudge up the old Mt Gox debacle again, but I have been waiting for legitimate news to prove the theft had nothing to do with bitcoin itself because of the way the media had portrayed it. http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/computing/networks/the-mt-gox-bitcoin-debacle-an-update ... But there are areas where the experts are in full agreement. “The main problem with MtGox was not with the bitcoin technology, but with how the company was run,” said Nilsson. “It doesn’t matter if you use the strongest bank vault in the world if you leave the keys out.” ... Reich concurs. “This is about the bookkeeping at MtGox and not about the technology.”

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 10:51:22 PM

[...]

To many, the Taiwanese response to this incident certainly seems to miss the mark. The fact remains that the motivations for the kidnapping are still under investigation, and the crime itself seems to have had nothing to do with Bitcoin – other than the fact that the criminals chose that as their medium of exchange. Moreover, even if they had demanded to be paid in New Taiwan dollars, it is difficult to see how things would have turned out differently. The victim would have still been rescued using the same procedural tactics. The only difference is that no one in the Taiwan government would have called for outlawing the nation’s currency simply because one group of criminals chose it as their preferred form of ransom payment.

Given the island’s apparent fondness for Bitcoin, it is difficult to imagine this decision having any real lasting impact. For now, however, cryptocurrency advocates in Taiwan and elsewhere can only wait to see whether clearer heads ultimately prevail.

http://dcebrief.com/taiwan-declares-bitcoin-illegal/

Pages: « 1 ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 [388] 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: