Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:46:27 PM

Wow!  Awesome article TeeGee!

What Can We Do?

Many voters still expect bureaucrats to make decisions in their best interests, and perhaps this is why there has been no outcry over ‘quantitative easing’. For their part, the politicians certainly understand that money-printing makes for happy voters (in the short-term).

Digital currencies like Bitcoin and DNotes are controlled by mathematics and not governments. They are not just payment protocols that allow instant transfer of payments worldwide at near-zero cost. They are resistant to inflation. They protect the economy. They could protect your job, your income, and your savings from the quintessential perils of reckless money printing. They are, the solution to the perpetual-money-creation problem.

Think it over, readers. Roll the words off your tongue:

they are the solution to the money-creation problem.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:51:20 PM

PayServices has their own thread on BitcoinTalk now. I encourage everyone to check it out and show our support from the DNotes community.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1343724.new#new

It looks really impressive! 

It is going to take me a while to understand everything they are offering.  Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 05:14:11 PM

This post on the Devcoin thread by a long time holder and supporter of Devcoin does a great job of illustrating the great need for a truly ethical exchange. At this point exchanges are by definition centralized, although I know that there is work being done to create truly decentralized ones. Some primitive models include the NXT asset exchange and other asset exchanges on coin platforms that run on similar principles as NXT. At this point the decentralized ones still have their problems, but one central entity losing or stealing all the funds isn't one of them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg13702343#msg13702343

Good points Wiser. Are any of the decentralized exchanges gaining traction in terms of volume?

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:33:43 PM

While other writers are quick to point out these problems, and blame everyone but themselves for supporting such a system; It's good that you were able to show readers an alternative solution to playing the blame game.

I'm glad that you chose to quote Donald Trump. Although his methods have been unorthodox, even downright offensive, he's exposed many problems in a system of corruption and collusion. He's like a reverse Mike Hearn, in that Trump started with the dark side, and is now exposing it's inner workings to the people.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:00:06 PM

Wow!  Awesome article TeeGee!

What Can We Do?

Many voters still expect bureaucrats to make decisions in their best interests, and perhaps this is why there has been no outcry over ‘quantitative easing’. For their part, the politicians certainly understand that money-printing makes for happy voters (in the short-term).

Digital currencies like Bitcoin and DNotes are controlled by mathematics and not governments. They are not just payment protocols that allow instant transfer of payments worldwide at near-zero cost. They are resistant to inflation. They protect the economy. They could protect your job, your income, and your savings from the quintessential perils of reckless money printing. They are, the solution to the perpetual-money-creation problem.

Think it over, readers. Roll the words off your tongue:

they are the solution to the money-creation problem.

I agree. It is excellent. Love to see published on LinkedIn.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:02:54 PM

This post on the Devcoin thread by a long time holder and supporter of Devcoin does a great job of illustrating the great need for a truly ethical exchange. At this point exchanges are by definition centralized, although I know that there is work being done to create truly decentralized ones. Some primitive models include the NXT asset exchange and other asset exchanges on coin platforms that run on similar principles as NXT. At this point the decentralized ones still have their problems, but one central entity losing or stealing all the funds isn't one of them.

Good points Wiser. Are any of the decentralized exchanges gaining traction in terms of volume?

I don't know for sure, but I doubt it, based on the way they work. For example, the NXT asset exchange allows people to issue an asset which then has a market value in NXT. Sometimes those assets represent other coins, but they aren't the actual coins. Let's say I hold 100,000 DNotes, and I decide I want to see them traded on the NXT exchange. I would issue 100,000 assets, each one representing one DNote. Then people are free to buy and sell them in NXT. When someone wants to trade their asset for actual DNotes, they would have to contact me and they transfer their assets to me, and I send them actual DNotes. Some coins do trade this way, but as you can see it's very clunky. What is missing (as of my current understanding) is a way to put actual coins on such a decentralized exchange. I believe the NEM platform is geared to allow for that, but it's still in development and I don't understand the technical details. Right now the exchanges that are functional are run on a centralized platform, which means that when you send coins to it, they're not actually *your* coins any longer, but technically belong to the exchange. Of course the honest ones hold them for your use, but the reality is that at any time they can take them away from you as long as you keep them there.

One possible intermediate solution would be if whenever a user is issued an address on an exchange, that address comes with its private key. This would enable the user to access his funds in the event that he can't access the exchange (website down or whatever). I don't know of any exchanges that do this, but online Bitcoin wallet provider BitGo and online Neucoin wallet provider MyNeuCoin both issue private keys with their wallets and strongly encourage users to keep them backed up in a secure place. It seems to me it would be feasible for an exchange to do this, but I could be missing some difficulty or expense concerning this.

The idealized reason for government regulation is to keep these financial companies honest, specifically because whether they are a bank or an exchange, we are entrusting them with our funds or assets and expect our funds and assets to be kept safe. Insurance (such as FDIC) is supposed to protect the users in the event of a theft, and the other regulations are supposed to ensure the financial entity is actually keeping those funds and assets safe on behalf of their customers.

But all the regulations and insurance in the world don't make up for lack of ethics on the part of the financial institution owners.

And although I think trustless systems are definitely worth exploring, I'm not sure they can make up for lack of ethics among the humans either.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 07:17:49 PM

I don't know for sure, but I doubt it, based on the way they work. For example, the NXT asset exchange allows people to issue an asset which then has a market value in NXT. Sometimes those assets represent other coins, but they aren't the actual coins. Let's say I hold 100,000 DNotes, and I decide I want to see them traded on the NXT exchange. I would issue 100,000 assets, each one representing one DNote. Then people are free to buy and sell them in NXT. When someone wants to trade their asset for actual DNotes, they would have to contact me and they transfer their assets to me, and I send them actual DNotes. Some coins do trade this way, but as you can see it's very clunky. What is missing (as of my current understanding) is a way to put actual coins on such a decentralized exchange. I believe the NEM platform is geared to allow for that, but it's still in development and I don't understand the technical details. Right now the exchanges that are functional are run on a centralized platform, which means that when you send coins to it, they're not actually *your* coins any longer, but technically belong to the exchange. Of course the honest ones hold them for your use, but the reality is that at any time they can take them away from you as long as you keep them there.

One possible intermediate solution would be if whenever a user is issued an address on an exchange, that address comes with its private key. This would enable the user to access his funds in the event that he can't access the exchange (website down or whatever). I don't know of any exchanges that do this, but online Bitcoin wallet provider BitGo and online Neucoin wallet provider MyNeuCoin both issue private keys with their wallets and strongly encourage users to keep them backed up in a secure place. It seems to me it would be feasible for an exchange to do this, but I could be missing some difficulty or expense concerning this.

The idealized reason for government regulation is to keep these financial companies honest, specifically because whether they are a bank or an exchange, we are entrusting them with our funds or assets and expect our funds and assets to be kept safe. Insurance (such as FDIC) is supposed to protect the users in the event of a theft, and the other regulations are supposed to ensure the financial entity is actually keeping those funds and assets safe on behalf of their customers.

But all the regulations and insurance in the world don't make up for lack of ethics on the part of the financial institution owners.

And although I think trustless systems are definitely worth exploring, I'm not sure they can make up for lack of ethics among the humans either.

I can see why they have had very limited success. That is similar to what you can do with Ethereum. It sounds like something that may be possible with InterLedger, if they are successful.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:24:20 PM

In my opinion this is an unnecessary over complication, and contrary to your claim about trustlessness, it would require at least some level of trust in the central authority (NXT, NEM or whatever).
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:27:50 PM

In my opinion this is an unnecessary over complication, and contrary to your claim about trustlessness, would require trust in the central authority (NXT, NEM or whatever).

You would have to trust that the main coin is a good one, but I believe the way it is set up, you own your coins and your assets at all times, in the sense that no one can come and take them away from you. They would have to have access to your wallet and private keys to do so, which they don't on those asset exchanges. So I think it is accurate to call them "decentralized" but the real issue is that they are very limited in use, and trying to expand that use results in a lot of complicated steps.
butragenjo

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:34:26 PM

http://dcebrief.com/the-launch-of-payservices-com-has-come/

Can't buy what you want, the way you want? What about buying your groceries with your Bitcoin or DNotes? Or download your favorite music in yuan or the ruble or the peso? What if you could sell or make purchases with virtually any currency, anytime, anywhere in the world? Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
The time has come to get acquainted with PayServices.com, a company that’s aiming to make this very thing happen. It doesn’t matter where you are. Currency exchanges are likely to become problems of the past, and the opportunity to pay with any sort of currency is now arriving at our doorsteps.
The company has offices in North America, Europe and the Middle East, covering all corners of the world and solidifying its status as a truly global enterprise. If you’re in Germany, Canada or Saudi Arabia, there’s a PayServices office near you to help satisfy your financial needs.
What’s the really exciting part? The fact that PayServices.com is employing the usage of virtually every cryptocurrency known to man. One could easily purchase and sell bitcoin, DNotes, Blackcoin, Dash, as well as others to get the job done. With a company of such large and universal proportions, PayServices is acting like a digital currency PR firm by not simply informing customers of the existence of these currencies, but exploiting their advantages and employing their means for the greater financial good. Those purchasing bitcoin and other currencies with high ratios for growth can trust PayServices, given their new vision for the company’s direction as stated on their website:
“In times of economic turmoil one of the difficulties facing any economic actor is the reduction of financial and economic risk, as well as the maximization of a party’s financial ROI (Return on Investment) and a party’s contribution for a sustainable economy. PayServices.com provides vision and tools that are viable from a business point of view and for the good of humanity. These two approaches are and can be compatible. PayServices.com provides for stable and secure value reference index and exchange mechanism, which is less prompt to currency and other market variations.”
With words like these, customers understand instantly that PayServices.com is here to help them earn valid returns on their financial purchases and keep their places secure in the monetary market. The company also offers a wide array of APIs, and all data is cloud-stored for greater safety, limiting opportunities for hackers to prey on customer information and funds:
“PayServices.com runs on an extremely reliable powerful data system that can handle gigantic amounts of transactions simultaneously with very high availability… This kind of capability is necessary when working with large corporations that depend on such systems for their everyday work and control of their data… PayServices is built from the bottom based on banking IT and regulations… The system has been tested under very heavy load and is regularly monitored to allow for sufficient capacity to be all the time available 24/7.”
With its cutting edge and secure technology, PayServices is likely to offer its customers the safety that a number of individual exchanges cannot, and with growing threats towards the virtual currency arena, a company like this is sure to go a long way and leave a hard and steady history in its wake.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:46:49 PM

http://dcebrief.com/the-launch-of-payservices-com-has-come/

Can't buy what you want, the way you want? What about buying your groceries with your Bitcoin or DNotes? Or download your favorite music in yuan or the ruble or the peso? What if you could sell or make purchases with virtually any currency, anytime, anywhere in the world? Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
The time has come to get acquainted with PayServices.com, a company that’s aiming to make this very thing happen. It doesn’t matter where you are. Currency exchanges are likely to become problems of the past, and the opportunity to pay with any sort of currency is now arriving at our doorsteps.
The company has offices in North America, Europe and the Middle East, covering all corners of the world and solidifying its status as a truly global enterprise. If you’re in Germany, Canada or Saudi Arabia, there’s a PayServices office near you to help satisfy your financial needs.
What’s the really exciting part? The fact that PayServices.com is employing the usage of virtually every cryptocurrency known to man. One could easily purchase and sell bitcoin, DNotes, Blackcoin, Dash, as well as others to get the job done. With a company of such large and universal proportions, PayServices is acting like a digital currency PR firm by not simply informing customers of the existence of these currencies, but exploiting their advantages and employing their means for the greater financial good. Those purchasing bitcoin and other currencies with high ratios for growth can trust PayServices, given their new vision for the company’s direction as stated on their website:
“In times of economic turmoil one of the difficulties facing any economic actor is the reduction of financial and economic risk, as well as the maximization of a party’s financial ROI (Return on Investment) and a party’s contribution for a sustainable economy. PayServices.com provides vision and tools that are viable from a business point of view and for the good of humanity. These two approaches are and can be compatible. PayServices.com provides for stable and secure value reference index and exchange mechanism, which is less prompt to currency and other market variations.”
With words like these, customers understand instantly that PayServices.com is here to help them earn valid returns on their financial purchases and keep their places secure in the monetary market. The company also offers a wide array of APIs, and all data is cloud-stored for greater safety, limiting opportunities for hackers to prey on customer information and funds:
“PayServices.com runs on an extremely reliable powerful data system that can handle gigantic amounts of transactions simultaneously with very high availability… This kind of capability is necessary when working with large corporations that depend on such systems for their everyday work and control of their data… PayServices is built from the bottom based on banking IT and regulations… The system has been tested under very heavy load and is regularly monitored to allow for sufficient capacity to be all the time available 24/7.”
With its cutting edge and secure technology, PayServices is likely to offer its customers the safety that a number of individual exchanges cannot, and with growing threats towards the virtual currency arena, a company like this is sure to go a long way and leave a hard and steady history in its wake.

Payservices has developed an excellent platform, that can help integrate many different currencies into point of sale systems that are used by a large majority of consumer based businesses. I see this as potential to bring large amounts of mainstream cashflow into the industry.
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 09:25:54 PM

Payservices has developed an excellent platform, that can help integrate many different currencies into point of sale systems that are used by a large majority of consumer based businesses. I see this as potential to bring large amounts of mainstream cashflow into the industry.

That sounds like a good summary. I think Payservices itself is having a hard time adequately expressing all they want to accomplish. I personally am hoping it will be a one stop shop where I can send all my various cryptos that I want to designate as "spending money" and that I can eventually get their debit card and then actually spend my cryptos on things like groceries and so forth. CoinBase has the shift card (though I don't think it's available in my state yet) where you can spend Bitcoin anywhere Visa is accepted, but I'd actually like to be able to spend all my cryptos, in whatever order I designate without having to first convert them to BTC.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:25:12 AM

Hi There,

I'm from down under in New Zealand and new to the forum.
I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the wonderful world of cryptocurrency.

C.

Hi, CeEichler! My mob -- 'IndiaMikeZulu' -- are active Australian crypto geeks. PM me with any ideas you have.

Mark
steve321

Activity: 627

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:48:22 AM

DNotes blockchain is available for download at CryptoChainer.com to get your wallet in sync quickly
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 12:54:11 AM

DNotes blockchain is available for download at CryptoChainer.com to get your wallet in sync quickly

Welcome to the DNotes thread steve321, that is a good idea.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 12:54:42 AM

All, I've been considering putting together a trading bot that would have a positive influence on coin price over an extended period of time. It can be a profit creating bot, for example, if you believe the DNotes price is going up over time, it could try to profit in DNotes while maintaining an amount of bitcoin. I have some ideas for the algorithm but first I would like to gauge interest in such a bot and your thoughts on trading strategies that make sense while having a positive impact on the coins price and help maintain the market.

1) Who is interested? I need everyone who would be on board to speak up.
2) What type of trading strategies would think to be useful?

Disclaimer, the trading bot would be written in dotnet, very little effort would go into ease of use and design. IE it won't be pretty, just functional.

Today bots work against the market and against each other, we need to think in terms of a symbiotic relationship with the market and other users of this bot. Of course we can include a profit model, and slow accumulation strategy as well.

If we wind up with something useful, we can always request new functionality with Sampey (CAT).

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:30:14 AM

All, I've been considering putting together a trading bot that would have a positive influence on coin price over an extended period of time. It can be a profit creating bot, for example, if you believe the DNotes price is going up over time, it could try to profit in DNotes while maintaining an amount of bitcoin. I have some ideas for the algorithm but first I would like to gauge interest in such a bot and your thoughts on trading strategies that make sense while having a positive impact on the coins price and help maintain the market.

Disclaimer, the trading bot would be written in dotnet, very little effort would go into ease of use and design. IE it won't be pretty, just functional.

Today bots work against the market and against each other, we need to think in terms of a symbiotic relationship with the market and other users of this bot. Of course we can include a profit model, and slow accumulation strategy as well.

If we wind up with something useful, we can always request new functionality with Sampey (CAT).

I honestly do not know how to use trading bots, but I would be interested in learning. I probably would have to start by selling some DNotes (so that I'd have Bitcoin). Is this trading back and forth, like selling higher and buying lower?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 01:38:14 AM

I honestly do not know how to use trading bots, but I would be interested in learning. I probably would have to start by selling some DNotes (so that I'd have Bitcoin). Is this trading back and forth, like selling higher and buying lower?

Essentially the only thing a bot does is automate a trading strategy for you. It would connect to your trading account via API and perform trades for you. Usually you open a new trading account dedicated just to your bot trading.

I would check this out:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.0
In the second post, you can see Sampey's "ping pong" trading strategy. Which is basically just buy low, sell high.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:49:08 AM

I am also interested in such a bot that trades for mutual benefit of all stakeholders that want to see this coin succeed.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 02:52:14 AM

Essentially the only thing a bot does is automate a trading strategy for you. It would connect to your trading account via API and perform trades for you. Usually you open a new trading account dedicated just to your bot trading.

I would check this out:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=507103.0
In the second post, you can see Sampey's "ping pong" trading strategy. Which is basically just buy low, sell high.

Not to sound pessimistic, but I'm somewhat leary about bots simply because of the experiences I had trading against them. As soon as the bots trade signal patterns became evident, it was easy to exploit them for big profit. This became harder to do as buy/sell spreads narrowed on most currencies. However I am on board for trying it out, as I've never used a trading bot personally and would be interested in learning how they work. TeeGee's idea of a bot that would benefit all stakeholders sounds like a good plan.

Whichever trading strategy is implemented needs to be changed on a regular basis, so people don't catch on.
Pages: « 1 ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: