Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:12:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 07:11:46 PM

As you may know, Chris will be speaking for us at the CoinFest UK event. Here is the rough draft summary of what he will be covering there:

Those of us within the cryptocurrency community hardly need to be reminded of the benefits, both economic and social, which digital money can bring both to the UK and the global economy. But the assurance of us ‘in the know’ is mirrored by confusion, concern and a lack of confidence among the general public. Prudence and caution are not words commonly associated with the dramatic and rapid rise of cryptocurrencies, but the model of DNotes, a new, open-source digital currency built around social responsibility and global outreach, demonstrates an alternative path, striking a balance between a reliable cryptocurrency geared towards promoting public confidence, and striking, innovative use of blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies are the future; the time has come to consider their legacy.

Inspiring, love it Chris, will we get a video for the event?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 07:52:39 PM

As you may know, Chris will be speaking for us at the CoinFest UK event. Here is the rough draft summary of what he will be covering there:

Those of us within the cryptocurrency community hardly need to be reminded of the benefits, both economic and social, which digital money can bring both to the UK and the global economy. But the assurance of us ‘in the know’ is mirrored by confusion, concern and a lack of confidence among the general public. Prudence and caution are not words commonly associated with the dramatic and rapid rise of cryptocurrencies, but the model of DNotes, a new, open-source digital currency built around social responsibility and global outreach, demonstrates an alternative path, striking a balance between a reliable cryptocurrency geared towards promoting public confidence, and striking, innovative use of blockchain technology. Cryptocurrencies are the future; the time has come to consider their legacy.

Looking into it. They are looking to get it live streamed as well.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:38:58 AM

That is awesome!!

Fantastic article Chris - Will Easier Cross Border Transactions Help Foster Global Trade? - http://dcebrief.com/will-easier-cross-border-transactions-help-foster-global-trade/

Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 01:36:39 AM

Me here. Reading hard hard hard on the financial stuff. Will post updates at Cryptomoms.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:17:56 AM

Awesome Chris! I just looked at CoinFest to check out the details. You'll kill it bro!

If you want to read any of my slides from the talk I gave in November, feel free to pm me (if you're one of the members in this forum - since I can't put an alias to your name at this time).

This jogged my memory in regards to my talk in November, I've asked again when the video of my talk will be uploaded. I just got a reply saying they're slated to be edited and uploaded this weekend. I'm currently hoping the second DNotes video - "An Introduction to DNotes" will be completed by the end of February. The filming of that video went great, much better than the last video. With Chris's talk, we're going to have a seriously awesome channel lining up!

Busy busy, will be more active from after Monday / Tuesday... promise! I'm still alive, albeit more covertly behind the scenes.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:54:49 AM

Awesome Chris! I just looked at CoinFest to check out the details. You'll kill it bro!

If you want to read any of my slides from the talk I gave in November, feel free to pm me (if you're one of the members in this forum - since I can't put an alias to your name at this time).

This jogged my memory in regards to my talk in November, I've asked again when the video of my talk will be uploaded. I just got a reply saying they're slated to be edited and uploaded this weekend. I'm currently hoping the second DNotes video - "An Introduction to DNotes" will be completed by the end of February. The filming of that video went great, much better than the last video. With Chris's talk, we're going to have a seriously awesome channel lining up!

Busy busy, will be more active from after Monday / Tuesday... promise! I'm still alive, albeit more covertly behind the scenes.

Always good to see you here, TeeGee. I know that you have been spending a lot of time behind the scene for DNotes, despite your own heavy workload. We appreciate that very much. The book is shaping up to be as unique as DNotes. It is beginning to look like a trail blazer and likely to be of great help to many small business owners. I appreciate all the help and encouragement I have been getting. Thank you. 
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:00:07 AM

That is awesome!!

Fantastic article Chris - Will Easier Cross Border Transactions Help Foster Global Trade? - http://dcebrief.com/will-easier-cross-border-transactions-help-foster-global-trade/

Smiley

Excellent, Chris. Wish I can be there. Best of luck. Alan
IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 07:25:28 AM

Chinese Exchange

last September, I approached Yunbi on behalf of TooSlackToHelpMe Coin. We wanted to first establish that this Chinese exchange had an English speaker on its help desk. Yup. His name is 'Savi' (sunyi@yunbi.com). Now, it's illogical for me to re-contact this guy about Dnotes . . . but someone else could.

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:02:06 PM

Chinese Exchange

last September, I approached Yunbi on behalf of TooSlackToHelpMe Coin. We wanted to first establish that this Chinese exchange had an English speaker on its help desk. Yup. His name is 'Savi' (sunyi@yunbi.com). Now, it's illogical for me to re-contact this guy about Dnotes . . . but someone else could.

Mark

Thank you, Mark. A request has been sent.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:55:35 PM

I received this on Twitter this morning and could use some ideas for the reply. (hint) - Her bio reads: Seeking positive social change. MA student: International Security, Migration, & Project Management @sciencespo.

Q: @CryptoMoms Doing research on crypto, thought I start here, what do you think is the biggest (un)or explored controversy in crypto 2day?

The word controversy is throwing me off a bit??

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 03:21:53 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 2-12-2016

PayPal Blocks Bitcoin Parody of Super Bowl Ad.
Valve Plans to Offer Gamers Bitcoin Payment Option.
Simplex Startup Closes $7 Million Funding Round.
Bitcoin Textbook Now Available for Free from Princeton.
BitGo Instant enables instant E-Coin Bitcoin Transactions.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-2-12-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 03:35:19 PM

I received this on Twitter this morning and could use some ideas for the reply. (hint) - Her bio reads: Seeking positive social change. MA student: International Security, Migration, & Project Management @sciencespo.

Q: @CryptoMoms Doing research on crypto, thought I start here, what do you think is the biggest (un)or explored controversy in crypto 2day?

Tough to answer, written as such. I would personally point her towards regulation issues (Chris's article on finding the Goldilocks Zone) and breaking out of speculation into general use. Maybe even the privacy/anonymity issue or providing service to the unbanked.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 04:16:17 PM

Tough to answer, written as such. I would personally point her towards regulation issues (Chris's article on finding the Goldilocks Zone) and breaking out of speculation into general use. Maybe even the privacy/anonymity issue or providing service to the unbanked.

Thanks - that sounds like what she is looking for.  Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 09:26:37 PM

Pretty interesting to watch as this unfolds, Industry Businesses Pledge to Avoid Bitcoin Network Split.

Just hours after the release of an alternative implementation of the bitcoin software, a group of miners, exchanges and service providers who work with the digital currency issued a letter stating that they would not back any "controversial" changes to the bitcoin network.

The letter calls for an increase in the cap that currently limits the bitcoin blockchain's transaction processing capabilities while also voicing support for a proposal called Segregated Witness, code previously put forward by the team behind the majority-used Bitcoin Core software as part of a broader scalability roadmap.

Those signing the letter said they reject the viability of a "contentious hard-fork", a change to the bitcoin software that makes previous versions incompatible. In this instance, all of the network's users would either have to download new software in order to be part of the new chain, or transaction history, or continue running the old version.

In the case of Bitcoin Classic, the change could result in one network operating with blocks with a 2MB block size cap and another with the existing 1 MB cap.

The letter reads:

"We think any contentious hard fork contains additional risks and potentially may result in two incompatible blockchain versions, if improperly implemented. To avoid potential losses for all bitcoin users, we need to minimize the risks. It is our firm belief that a contentious hard-fork right now would be extremely detrimental to the bitcoin ecosystem."

The publication followed the release of Bitcoin Classic, an effort to raise the block size limit of the bitcoin network by means of a hard fork. Prior to the release of the client, those backing the project claimed significant support from the bitcoin mining community, going as far as listing a number of mining entities on the project’s main website.

Yet, doubts remained as to the level of support from miners (particularly those based in China) for the Bitcoin Classic proposal.

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 10:00:53 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 2-12-2016

PayPal Blocks Bitcoin Parody of Super Bowl Ad.
Valve Plans to Offer Gamers Bitcoin Payment Option.
Simplex Startup Closes $7 Million Funding Round.
Bitcoin Textbook Now Available for Free from Princeton.
BitGo Instant enables instant E-Coin Bitcoin Transactions.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-2-12-2016/

The second sentence in the Pricenton book claims "Pessimists claim Bitcoin is inherently broken and will suffer an inevitable and spectacular collapse." Never heard of anyone taking this position!? It's one thing to speculate problems, but a spectacular collapse... I guess I'll keep reading, they may elaborate further.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 11:22:09 PM

Quick update on the bot progress. Looking into how to handle intermittent internet connection and problems connecting to PoloniEx. Also, maybe how to spread out the buy orders a bit more, as they tend to concentrate the majority of the spend at the beginning of the day.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:41:19 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 12:20:53 AM by IMZ

Quick update on the bot progress. Looking into how to handle intermittent internet connection and problems connecting to PoloniEx. Also, maybe how to spread out the buy orders a bit more, as they tend to concentrate the majority of the spend at the beginning of the day.

We luuurv Poloniex, but it is strangely 'clunky' at times.

EDIT:

'We are under heavy load at this time. We are addressing the issue and working on resolving it as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and apologies for the inconvenience.Posted by InfiniteJest at 2016-02-12 11:57:21'
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 04:35:36 AM

We luuurv Poloniex, but it is strangely 'clunky' at times.

EDIT:

'We are under heavy load at this time. We are addressing the issue and working on resolving it as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and apologies for the inconvenience.Posted by InfiniteJest at 2016-02-12 11:57:21'

PoloniEx is great! It is good for me to be able to experience the heavy load issues combined with internet connectivity issues for the bot.

IMZ
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:48:26 AM

http://www.riddellwilliams.com/blog/articles/post/hard-fork-conspiracy-treacherous

?
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:18:01 PM

Pretty interesting to watch as this unfolds, Industry Businesses Pledge to Avoid Bitcoin Network Split.

Just hours after the release of an alternative implementation of the bitcoin software, a group of miners, exchanges and service providers who work with the digital currency issued a letter stating that they would not back any "controversial" changes to the bitcoin network.

The letter calls for an increase in the cap that currently limits the bitcoin blockchain's transaction processing capabilities while also voicing support for a proposal called Segregated Witness, code previously put forward by the team behind the majority-used Bitcoin Core software as part of a broader scalability roadmap.

Those signing the letter said they reject the viability of a "contentious hard-fork", a change to the bitcoin software that makes previous versions incompatible. In this instance, all of the network's users would either have to download new software in order to be part of the new chain, or transaction history, or continue running the old version.

In the case of Bitcoin Classic, the change could result in one network operating with blocks with a 2MB block size cap and another with the existing 1 MB cap.

The letter reads:

"We think any contentious hard fork contains additional risks and potentially may result in two incompatible blockchain versions, if improperly implemented. To avoid potential losses for all bitcoin users, we need to minimize the risks. It is our firm belief that a contentious hard-fork right now would be extremely detrimental to the bitcoin ecosystem."

The publication followed the release of Bitcoin Classic, an effort to raise the block size limit of the bitcoin network by means of a hard fork. Prior to the release of the client, those backing the project claimed significant support from the bitcoin mining community, going as far as listing a number of mining entities on the project’s main website.

Yet, doubts remained as to the level of support from miners (particularly those based in China) for the Bitcoin Classic proposal.

Unfortunately, the drama will continue and put a damper on Bitcoin progress.

It seems to me that rampant P&D is back in full force as reflected in CoinMarketCap.
Pages: « 1 ... 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: