Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:49:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 03:57:36 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 11:34:47 PM by DNotes

Thank you Chase. Great concept for CryptoMoms and DNotes upcoming birthday! Look forward to see our community join in.

Direct link: CryptoMoms.com/retirement/

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:03:30 PM

That is an excellent idea, Chase. Saving for retirement has been increasing more challenging in recent years as wages remained stagnant for most people, in the face of low job growth and very high underemployment.

I am getting very close to completing the first draft of my book intended to be of help to small business owners and their employees. I will be sharing some of the concepts from the book during the course of this week.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2016, 04:07:14 PM

http://dcebrief.com/east-vs-west-%C2%AD-the-bitcoin-community-reaches-a-global-crossroads/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 04:30:31 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2016, 08:43:42 PM by Dyna

As some of you may know, I have been spending a great deal of time writing a book for entrepreneurs and their employees. The vast majority of small business owners are struggling today in the heels of mounting cost of doing business and increasing regulatory compliance burden. As a consequent, many employees have not see a pay raise for years but must stay on just to remain employed. The book is written with genuine intent to show how the employers and their employees can work together in mutual cooperation towards the attainment of common goals that are mutually beneficial to all parties.

There is a tie-in with a DNotes story. This is our next building block, introducing DNotes to small business owners and their employees, hence CRISP for Retirement, and CRISP For Employee Incentive Benefits. This is our pathway to DNotes mass acceptance. A very gentle “pull” marketing approach as opposed to the hard sell “push” marketing.

Here is an unedited quote from the book:  

"Improve Your Odds

Why Four Pillars Of Business Success?

I grew up in a family of two girls and six boys on a 50 acre coconut plantation located in the northern tip of the Borneo Island, known as Kudat, in Sabah, East Malaysia. Typical of any farm community, we worked hard starting at a young age. We were poor but we were happy, contented, and never had a fight among the siblings. My mother was a team builder and got us started early to raise farm animals and produce for our pocket money. When we grew up, all of us had our own business at one time. The six boys still have their own business today.

I started my first business, a Chinese restaurant, forty years ago, and have seen success and failure. Each time I decided to embark on another venture, I had wished that I was ten years younger. On a second thought, it is not age but the wisdom of knowledge that would have made the difference for me. Since I can not be younger, it would be a great privilege and a great honor if this book can be a source of inspiration, as well as a source of knowledge and wisdom guiding you to early success in your business endeavors.

As a small business consultant for over ten years, it is no surprise, that there had been many suggestions for me to write a book one day. Unfortunately, writing is not my area of strengths and I do not like doing things that I am not passionate about. Hence, until recently I did not think much about it.

What I am passionate about is helping small business owners and those who are contemplating about starting their own business. I am blessed with the knowledge, experience, and strong conviction that it is possible to gain a very high probability of succeeding in business. If you are passionate about what you are doing, committed to learn all you can from this book, and willing to do what it takes to succeed, you have taken the right path and will go far. Although it is not a science that comes with absolute certainty, I strongly believe that you can dramatically improve your chances of succeeding in business, if your company can deliver a complete package across the board that is better than your competitors. You can absolutely improve your odds of success in business.

Essentially, the “success formula” or the theme of the book is about a relentless commitment to be better in every aspect, than your competitors, with an ultimate goal to be the best in class. It cannot be a wishful thinking in isolation, but a mindset originating from the top down to the lowest level. It is about the top leadership or the founder’s ability to inspire and empower followers throughout the organization, genuinely wanting everyone to have a successful career path and every customer to be delighted in doing business with your company.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 10:20:46 PM

Masih bisa berbahasa Melayu? atau sudah lupa?
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:27:10 PM

Great article Evander, it is an interesting form of democracy, though I think the miners may have too much power over the decision making process.
kanus1113

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:28:38 PM

As some of you may know, I have been spending a great deal of time writing a book for entrepreneurs and their employees. The vast majority of small business owners are struggling today in the heels of mounting cost of doing business and increasing regulatory compliance burden. As a consequent, many employees have not see a pay raise for years but must stay on just to remain employed. The book is written with genuine intent to show how the employers and their employees can work together in mutual cooperation towards the attainment of common goals that are mutually beneficial to all parties.

There is a tie-in with a DNotes story. This is our next building block, introducing DNotes to small business owners and their employees, hence CRISP for Retirement, and CRISP For Employee Incentive Benefits. This is our pathway to DNotes mass acceptance. A very gentle “pull” marketing approach as opposed to the hard sell “push” marketing.

Here is an unedited quote from the book:  

"Improve Your Odds

Why Four Pillars Of Business Success?

I grew up in a family of two girls and six boys on a 50 acre coconut plantation located in the northern tip of the Borneo Island, known as Kudat, in Sabah, East Malaysia. Typical of any farm community, we worked hard starting at a young age. We were poor but we were happy, contented, and never had a fight among the siblings. My mother was a team builder and got us started early to raise farm animals and produce for our pocket money. When we grew up, all of us had our own business at one time. The six boys still have their own business today.

I started my first business, a Chinese restaurant, forty years ago, and have seen success and failure. Each time I decided to embark on another venture, I had wished that I was ten years younger. On a second thought, it is not age but the wisdom of knowledge that would have made the difference for me. Since I can not be younger, it would be a great privilege and a great honor if this book can be a source of inspiration, as well as a source of knowledge and wisdom guiding you to early success in your business endeavors.

As a small business consultant for over ten years, it is no surprise, that there had been many suggestions for me to write a book one day. Unfortunately, writing is not my area of strengths and I do not like doing things that I am not passionate about. Hence, until recently I did not think much about it.

What I am passionate about is helping small business owners and those who are contemplating about starting their own business. I am blessed with the knowledge, experience, and strong conviction that it is possible to gain a very high probability of succeeding in business. If you are passionate about what you are doing, committed to learn all you can from this book, and willing to do what it takes to succeed, you have taken the right path and will go far. Although it is not a science that comes with absolute certainty, I strongly believe that you can dramatically improve your chances of succeeding in business, if your company can deliver a complete package across the board that is better than your competitors. You can absolutely improve your odds of success in business.

Essentially, the “success formula” or the theme of the book is about a relentless commitment to be better in every aspect, than your competitors, with an ultimate goal to be the best in class. It cannot be a wishful thinking in isolation, but a mindset originating from the top down to the lowest level. It is about the top leadership or the founder’s ability to inspire and empower followers throughout the organization, genuinely wanting everyone to have a successful career path and every customer to be delighted in doing business with your company.

Color me intrigued, excited to read the book. A good tie in from DNotes to the business and entrepreneur community.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 11:46:41 PM

Masih bisa berbahasa Melayu? atau sudah lupa?

Sangat sedikit. Saya tidak tahu.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 12:46:10 AM

Be your own bot . . .

Mark is gleefully reigning over his crypto fiefdom -- Dnotes on Cryptopia. Check the difference in the buy-sell splits between Cryptopia and Poloniex. And the rise has allowed me to sneak some Dnotes in to sell; to get some Bitcoin; to 'pack the gap' on the buy-side. It's a great way to support a coin that you're devving on: tiny profit for you; improve your trading skills; higher volume for the coin, therefore more attractive to potential merchants.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 03:20:48 AM

Be your own bot . . .

Mark is gleefully reigning over his crypto fiefdom -- Dnotes on Cryptopia. Check the difference in the buy-sell splits between Cryptopia and Poloniex. And the rise has allowed me to sneak some Dnotes in to sell; to get some Bitcoin; to 'pack the gap' on the buy-side. It's a great way to support a coin that you're devving on: tiny profit for you; improve your trading skills; higher volume for the coin, therefore more attractive to potential merchants.

Looks great Mark, good advice, pick up a little on the upswing to support downswings. Maybe even wind up a few DNotes positive in the process.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:21:02 PM

It's always nice to start the day with a good news story:

Bitcoin Summer School Announced in Greece

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-summer-school-announced-in-greece/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 02:25:26 PM

A smaller version for sharing.  Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 03:29:05 PM

http://dcebrief.com/merchants-beginning-to-realize-savings-via-bitcoin/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:43:11 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 05:18:32 PM by Dyna

In order to gain a better understanding why I became so passionate in writing a book for small business owners let us examine some hard facts:

According to the latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau:

There 6 million operating (active) businesses in the United States with the following employment breakdown:

3,791,000     4 or less employees
1,000,000     5 to 9 employees
600,000        19 to 19 employees
500,000        20 to 99 employees
90,000      100 to 499 employees
18,000      500 to 10,000 employees
1,000      10,000 or more employees

"America’s small businesses are the engines of job creation. Small businesses create seven of every ten new jobs and they employ just over half of the country’s private sector workforce. (SBA Office of Advocacy)"
Source: http://smallbusiness.house.gov/uploadedfiles/april_recess_small_biz_talking_pts.pdf

The U.S. Census Bureau reports that the total number of new business startups and business closures per year -- the birth and death rates of American companies -- have crossed for the first time since the measurement began. I am referring to employer businesses, those with one or more employees, the real engines of economic growth. Four hundred thousand new businesses are being born annually nationwide, while 470,000 per year are dying.”

Because we have misdiagnosed the cause and effect of economic growth, we have misdiagnosed the cause and effect of job creation. To get back on track, we need to quit pinning everything on innovation, and we need to start focusing on the almighty entrepreneurs and business builders. And that means we have to find them,” according to Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO of Gallup. He is the author of The Coming Jobs Wa rand coauthor of Entrepreneurial StrengthsFinder

Source: http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/180431/american-entrepreneurship-dead-alive.aspx

Improve Your Odds

The Four Pillars Of Business Success
[/b]

By Alan Yong

"As we continue to strive for a better life, at times in frustration and a feeling of helplessness, let us agree on one simple truth: where you are right now is of less consequence than where you are going from here. There is little that can be done to regain missed opportunities or retroactively correct the mistakes made in the past.

However, with an awareness of our shortcomings, willingness and commitment to change, we can learn from history and our past mistakes. We can also gain deep knowledge and wisdom from others, who have gone down the same path and beyond. This book honors those who have already achieved everything that they desire in life and in business, but specifically written for those whose aspirations remain just beyond their grasp.

We do not believe that long term business success is an accident or the result of good fortune. Those who have achieved great success, you and your employees must have done many things right and we deeply respect you for your accomplishment.

However, for those who have yet to achieve their objectives, including anyone whose business still has room for dramatic improvements, this book should prove thoughtful, insightful, and helpful. This is a book written specifically for startups, small business owners and their management teams (companies ranging in size from new startups to 500 employees), and can provide them with the help and guidance they need to gain the success for which they strive. If that sounds like you - if you’re passionate about what you are doing and desire nothing more than to obtain the type of business mastery that will help you be the true architect of your company’s success, then read on.

I trust that this book will also be helpful and inspirational to many employees since they are one of the key pillars of business success. Additionally, I have made a persuasive case to replace the much disliked traditional employee performance review with “Mutual Goals Review” that is significantly more rewarding and collaborative in promoting employees career advancement with a unified purpose well aligned in the fulfillment of the company’s goals, missions, and ultimate vision.
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 04:51:58 PM

This could be a problem:

http://qntra.net/2016/02/google-unveils-glibc-dns-client-vulnerability-many-bitcoin-implementations-affected/

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 05:04:55 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 10:13:34 PM by DNotes

Some limited features available, namely using purchase by percentage of available bitcoin. Download
This would be a limited feature Alpha release, so very limited testing has been done. What is the risk?
As long as this is run on a separate PoloniEx account, with limited funds in it, and you do not set the API keys to allow withdrawing (by default withdrawing is disabled), then the risk is probably limited to over purchasing DNotes if the application misbehaves. I don't see that happening, but you never know.

How do I set it up?
-Register a brand new PoloniEx account.
-Once logged into your new PoloniEx account, click the wrench in the upper right hand corner and select API keys.
-Create New API key.
-Download and unzip the Accumulator.zip file to a folder.
-Open Accumulator.exe and enter your API key and Secret, then click save API keys.
-Deposit whatever amount of BTC into your new PoloniEx account that you are looking to purchase DNotes with.
-Wait for the BTC to confirm. Then you can adjust your bot settings and click the Start Bot button.

Some notes:
The application breaks the purchases into hourly amounts. If the bot already purchased too much, it will wait an hour before re-calculating.
Time is set to UTC time, to match PoloniEx.
It does require DotNet 4.5 or higher. If it doesn't work, you will likely need to update DotNet.
I won't be providing Mac or Linux versions in the near future, if there is a demand at a later point, we will definitely consider creating them or offloading to a trading bot developer.
I am releasing this with limited functionality to give the community an opportunity see how it works and comment.

The latest version of the Accumulator is available for download here. All features enabled. Again limited testing has been done.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 05:53:01 PM

Taking a look. Appears there is a linux patch, update and recompile? Not seeing much on the forums.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 06:46:44 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2016, 07:12:21 PM by DNotes

This topic was recently brought up in our forum and happen to run across it again today on newsbtc. No FinCEN Implications For Bitcoin Developers

"Based on the information found in the current FinCEN regulation draft – created back in 2013 – there is no need to assume hard forking Bitcoin would make the new solution a money services business. No administrator is overseeing the Bitcoin protocol for FinCEN regulations, which also removes the need for developers to register as a money transmitter."

Edit: Coindesk did the same story. I guess they were receiving a lot of concern. http://www.coindesk.com/forking-bitcoin-msb-legal-issues/

Maybe we need this on DCEBrief as well.

kanus1113

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 08:27:17 PM

In order to gain a better understanding why I became so passionate in writing a book for small business owners let us examine some hard facts:

According to the latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau:

There 6 million operating (active) businesses in the United States with the following employment breakdown:

3,791,000     4 or less employees
1,000,000     5 to 9 employees
600,000        19 to 19 employees
500,000        20 to 99 employees
90,000      100 to 499 employees
18,000      500 to 10,000 employees
1,000      10,000 or more employees

"America’s small businesses are the engines of job creation. Small businesses create seven of every ten new jobs and they employ just over half of the country’s private sector workforce. (SBA Office of Advocacy)"
Source: http://smallbusiness.house.gov/uploadedfiles/april_recess_small_biz_talking_pts.pdf

The U.S. Census Bureau reports that the total number of new business startups and business closures per year -- the birth and death rates of American companies -- have crossed for the first time since the measurement began. I am referring to employer businesses, those with one or more employees, the real engines of economic growth. Four hundred thousand new businesses are being born annually nationwide, while 470,000 per year are dying.”

Because we have misdiagnosed the cause and effect of economic growth, we have misdiagnosed the cause and effect of job creation. To get back on track, we need to quit pinning everything on innovation, and we need to start focusing on the almighty entrepreneurs and business builders. And that means we have to find them,” according to Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO of Gallup. He is the author of The Coming Jobs Wa rand coauthor of Entrepreneurial StrengthsFinder

Source: http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/180431/american-entrepreneurship-dead-alive.aspx

Improve Your Odds

The Four Pillars Of Business Success
[/b]

By Alan Yong

"As we continue to strive for a better life, at times in frustration and a feeling of helplessness, let us agree on one simple truth: where you are right now is of less consequence than where you are going from here. There is little that can be done to regain missed opportunities or retroactively correct the mistakes made in the past.

However, with an awareness of our shortcomings, willingness and commitment to change, we can learn from history and our past mistakes. We can also gain deep knowledge and wisdom from others, who have gone down the same path and beyond. This book honors those who have already achieved everything that they desire in life and in business, but specifically written for those whose aspirations remain just beyond their grasp.

We do not believe that long term business success is an accident or the result of good fortune. Those who have achieved great success, you and your employees must have done many things right and we deeply respect you for your accomplishment.

However, for those who have yet to achieve their objectives, including anyone whose business still has room for dramatic improvements, this book should prove thoughtful, insightful, and helpful. This is a book written specifically for startups, small business owners and their management teams (companies ranging in size from new startups to 500 employees), and can provide them with the help and guidance they need to gain the success for which they strive. If that sounds like you - if you’re passionate about what you are doing and desire nothing more than to obtain the type of business mastery that will help you be the true architect of your company’s success, then read on.

I trust that this book will also be helpful and inspirational to many employees since they are one of the key pillars of business success. Additionally, I have made a persuasive case to replace the much disliked traditional employee performance review with “Mutual Goals Review” that is significantly more rewarding and collaborative in promoting employees career advancement with a unified purpose well aligned in the fulfillment of the company’s goals, missions, and ultimate vision.

Wow, "Four hundred thousand new businesses are being born annually nationwide, while 470,000 per year are dying." so we are losing 70,000 businesses per year? Economic growth and job creation in the US are in serious trouble if 7 out of 10 jobs are created by small business and are failing faster than they are succeeding. Just a couple years ago weren't we growing in terms of new business? That is simply amazing, I hope this book will help a lot of small business owners.

PS The employee performance review needs replacing for sure. What a joke, a meeting to tell you how you haven't been meeting expectations and everything you've done wrong that year. Mutual goal review sounds much more productive.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 10:24:02 PM

Some limited features available, namely using purchase by percentage of available bitcoin. Download
This would be a limited feature Alpha release, so very limited testing has been done. What is the risk?
As long as this is run on a separate PoloniEx account, with limited funds in it, and you do not set the API keys to allow withdrawing (by default withdrawing is disabled), then the risk is probably limited to over purchasing DNotes if the application misbehaves. I don't see that happening, but you never know.

How do I set it up?
-Register a brand new PoloniEx account.
-Once logged into your new PoloniEx account, click the wrench in the upper right hand corner and select API keys.
-Create New API key.
-Download and unzip the Accumulator.zip file to a folder.
-Open Accumulator.exe and enter your API key and Secret, then click save API keys.
-Deposit whatever amount of BTC into your new PoloniEx account that you are looking to purchase DNotes with.
-Wait for the BTC to confirm. Then you can adjust your bot settings and click the Start Bot button.

Some notes:
The application breaks the purchases into hourly amounts. If the bot already purchased too much, it will wait an hour before re-calculating.
Time is set to UTC time, to match PoloniEx.
It does require DotNet 4.5 or higher. If it doesn't work, you will likely need to update DotNet.
I won't be providing Mac or Linux versions in the near future, if there is a demand at a later point, we will definitely consider creating them or offloading to a trading bot developer.
I am releasing this with limited functionality to give the community an opportunity see how it works and comment.

The latest version of the Accumulator is available for download here. All features enabled. Again limited testing has been done.

Another update as the bot was not running properly, download here.

Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: