Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:10:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 03:21:13 PM

Happy Birthday DNotes!!!

Very nice to see you you Peaceofwar and Infovortice!

Thank you to everyone who has supported and contributed to DNotes over the past two years. I'm positive this will be a great year for us.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:31:31 PM

This article is worth reading for those of you on the technical side of DNotes. It's one of the first I've scene where real scientific method has been used to analyze the scalability of blockchain dependant crypto-currencies.

http://www.coindesk.com/researchers-redesign-scaling-decentralized-blockchains/

Thanks, RJF. I just checked it out. Excellent research and very useful to our team. We are always working on something but have purposely been holding back on major project development. Strategic and perfectly timed positioning is one of the best secrets to business success. I am amazed how much resources have been invested in countless projects that quickly became irrelevant and obsolete. Surprising, it includes many VC funded projects.

We are very strategic, disciplined, and systematic. We will only make our move at the right time. DNotes is a long term investment for those who share our long term vision of DNotes being the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It will be the digital currency to supplement fiat currency in global commerce but not as a replacement for national currencies.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 03:50:24 PM

This article is worth reading for those of you on the technical side of DNotes. It's one of the first I've scene where real scientific method has been used to analyze the scalability of blockchain dependant crypto-currencies.

http://www.coindesk.com/researchers-redesign-scaling-decentralized-blockchains/

Thanks, RJF. I just checked it out. Excellent research and very useful to our team. We are always working on something but have purposely been holding back on major project development. Strategic and perfectly timed positioning is one of the best secrets to business success. I am amazed how much resources have been invested in countless projects that quickly became irrelevant and obsolete. Surprising, it includes many VC funded projects.

We are very strategic, disciplined, and systematic. We will only make our move at the right time. DNotes is a long term investment for those who share our long term vision of DNotes being the trusted global digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate. It will be the digital currency to supplement fiat currency in global commerce but not as a replacement for national currencies.

I'm intrigued as well, haven't read through the paper yet, but looks very interesting. Perhaps tonight.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:00:47 PM

The following statement is hard to disagree. That happens to be in line with our thinking as we continue working very hard to put DNotes in the best position.

"But so far block chains have consumed too many resources, including both computation and storage resources, and cannot handle the current transaction volume. We need to wait and see whether this problem can be solved in the future.”

China’s Central Bank Governor Says Digital Currencies Will Replace Cash, Regulated as Legal Tender
February 17, 2016

The governor of the People’s Bank of China, Zhou Xiaochuan, said in an interview that digital currencies will inevitably replace cash, but they will be regulated if used as legal tender.

Zhou noted that the PBOC has been examining digital currencies for some time. He indicated that physical cash is “low-tech” and that rapid development of Internet-based global payment systems necessitates the creation of digital currency, which he believes will improve financial infrastructure and economic quality and efficiency.

The central bank governor confirmed the PBOC’s recently revealed plans to develop its own digital currency and made it clear that a balance will be struck between “protecting people’s privacy and cracking down on illegalities” in the implementation.

According to Zhou, the design of China’s national digital currency will be “fundamentally different” to bitcoin to avoid its security and anonymity issues. Blockchain may also not be utilized as the technology behind the currency but the currency will likely be based on “advanced cryptographic algorithms that will be continually upgraded”.

Zhou explained that the PBOC has reservations about the blockchain because of what they perceive to be large resource requirements and limited transactional volume.  Zhou told Caixin:

“The PBOC has spent a lot of time and energy researching on the application of block chain technology. But so far block chains have consumed too many resources, including both computation and storage resources, and cannot handle the current transaction volume. We need to wait and see whether this problem can be solved in the future.”

The central banker pointed out that the PBOC did not have a timetable yet for a move to a digital currency. He elucidated that, as a very large country, China would take time to transition from physical to digital money, so a digital currency will co-exist with cash for years before it finally replaces cash. The cost for cash transactions will gradually increase in the later stages. For example, banks do not currently charge any fees for counting physical cash, but in the future they may charge their clients for the service. With the transaction costs of paper money rising, people will be motivated to opt more for digital money.

Source: http://blockchain-finance.com/2016/02/17/chinas-central-bank-governor-says-digital-currencies-will-replace-cash/
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 04:20:37 PM

great initiative Chase to promote 2 year DNotes and services, i just tell some friends, hope they be linked to DNotes CRISP plans

Happy Birthday DNotes! and DNotes family !!

like someone says just a bunch of normal people doing amazing things !!

Thanks infovortice!

Happy Birthday DNotes!!

Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 05:33:17 PM

http://dcebrief.com/op-ed-could-a-national-cryptocurrency-like-fedcoin-save-the-establishment-from-economic-self-destruction/

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:17:17 PM

It's hard to believe that it's already been two years since my favorite currency launched, happy second birthday DNotes! Alan and Joe, both of you deserve a serious pat on the back, you're probably the two hardest working people in the entire industry.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:43:04 PM

It's hard to believe that it's already been two years since my favorite currency launched, happy second birthday DNotes! Alan and Joe, both of you deserve a serious pat on the back, you're probably the two hardest working people in the entire industry.

Thank you, CryptoBroker. We may deserve a little bit of the credit, but we would not have done much without the support of our community members, including you. We always have many helpers working quietly behind the scene. So to all of you - A Big Thank You.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 10:43:16 PM

Thank you, CryptoBroker. We may deserve a little bit of the credit, but we would not have done much without the support of our community members, including you. We always have many helpers working quietly behind the scene. So to all of you - A Big Thank You.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thank you, and I second that big thank you to all other members of the DNotes community working hard behind the scenes. Many crypro communities are a collective of individuals, always looking out for themselves. I think of DNotes as a loyal team, with its members asking what they can do for DNotes, instead of asking what DNotes can do for them.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:57:43 PM

Another great year for DNotes, congrats team, and thank you to everyone supporting DNotes. Look forward to what this year will bring.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 12:01:04 AM

This is a great story with some scary potential outcomes:

"...all of the benefits for governments and banks would hurt citizens in the short or long run, making it a win-win when it comes to a national power grab. Every financial transaction can be tracked by banks, government, or both."

"Without physical cash as an option, who would stop banks from negative interest rates? Banks have would have zero checks and balances since banking customers could not execute “a run on the banks” when, not if, they become insolvent. Think ATM fees are high now?"

"Bitcoin is probably the last chance for “The People” to control their own economic sovereignty."

"All of your financial options and information are going to be consolidated into a few corporate options over the next decade or so."

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 12:18:41 AM

Thank you, and I second that big thank you to all other members of the DNotes community working hard behind the scenes. Many crypro communities are a collective of individuals, always looking out for themselves. I think of DNotes as a loyal team, with its members asking what they can do for DNotes, instead of asking what DNotes can do for them.

Another great year for DNotes, congrats team, and thank you to everyone supporting DNotes. Look forward to what this year will bring.

Thank you kanus and CryptoBroker, everyone appreciates your support!

Great insight CryptoBroker, the only way DNotes will reach it's ultimate goal is through cooperation and collaboration. I agree, we are unique in that aspect and the supporters who have been attracted to DNotes, we are all working together for a common greater goal.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:08:23 AM

Thought I already wrote a B'day message... but it seems I must have forgotten to post it yesterday.

Happy birthday DNotes! Been great working with you all, it's a pretty full on, and happening project over here. DNotes is everything that other crypto are not - a happening project with multiple strategic properties that are not directly related to the cryptocurrency itself, but are well integrated to build up an ecosystem that will be very successful in the future. For example, a news website like DCEBrief has nothing to do with DNotes as an instrument, yet it invaluable in terms of the exposure it can provide DNotes and better quality information that it provides those who need it. Too many other crypto are focussed on their financial instrument, and what it can do - when really, the world obviously doesn't care about the instrument at the moment so much as it does the idea. Those focussing on improving their financial instrument have all failed thus far, for the instrument, and technical features are all it has. An overall ecosystem is much more valuable and viable long term - a strategic master-stroke that will soon be realized.

Well done team.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 03:34:47 AM

Thought I already wrote a B'day message... but it seems I must have forgotten to post it yesterday.

Happy birthday DNotes! Been great working with you all, it's a pretty full on, and happening project over here. DNotes is everything that other crypto are not - a happening project with multiple strategic properties that are not directly related to the cryptocurrency itself, but are well integrated to build up an ecosystem that will be very successful in the future. For example, a news website like DCEBrief has nothing to do with DNotes as an instrument, yet it invaluable in terms of the exposure it can provide DNotes and better quality information that it provides those who need it. Too many other crypto are focussed on their financial instrument, and what it can do - when really, the world obviously doesn't care about the instrument at the moment so much as it does the idea. Those focussing on improving their financial instrument have all failed thus far, for the instrument, and technical features are all it has. An overall ecosystem is much more valuable and viable long term - a strategic master-stroke that will soon be realized.

Well done team.

Thanks for the excellent post TeeGee, it has been great working with you as well! Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

grandmama

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:56:20 AM

Well done team.

Thanks for the excellent post TeeGee, it has been great working with you as well! Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

And a Happy Happy Birthday, DNotes!!!!
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:58:15 AM

Wow. Two years! Seems like only yesterday that Alan was trying to educate and convince me where crypto-currency was going. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ENTIRE GANG!! I am very proud of all of you.

Smokey
fortune-gold

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:20:55 AM

Congratulations and best wishes

(A generation plant trees; another takes the shadow)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:46:50 AM

Hello everybody,

I come forth to seek help:

I am looking for the best quotes over time that epitomise the DNotes project from our community members.

I am interested in the following topics:

Strategy;
Eco-system;
Business philosophy;
Vision;
CRISP plan quotes;
Quotes that epitomise our positive attitude when things haven't gone well;
Quotes about any of our other web properties - DCEBrief / CRISP / DNotesVault / Cryptomoms;
Winning [shall I e-mail Trump?];
Quotes that best explain the DNotes difference;
etc...

If you remember making a quote on the various topics above, or something related - or even if you remember something that somebody else has said that sticks in your mind, then could you please post them here, or private message them to me?

Thanks.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:37:19 PM

Congratulations and best wishes

(A generation plant trees; another takes the shadow)

Hello, fortune-gold. Good to see you again. Your saying is very fitting. By strategic choices, we spent the first two years in foundation building (tree planting). This year we are slowly shifting to a revenue model. With revenue and better clarity where the technology and regulatory requirements are going we will be moving onto the next phase - major development and commercialization. It takes time for the "trees" to grow.  Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:03:55 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 2-19-2016

Butterfly Labs Settles FTC Charges.
Arnhem Burger King Now Accepting Bitcoin.
New UN Paper Examines Bitcoin’s Possible Impact on Underdeveloped Nations.
Australian Flux Party Seeks Bitcoin Approach to Politics.
Silbert: Negative Interest Rates and Cash Bans Help Bitcoin Price.

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-2-19-2016/

Pages: « 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: