Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:12:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814496 times)
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:07:41 PM

This is quite entertaining. And here are three of my favorites: 

Trumpchain ‎@trumpchain

I will end 1MB blocks and protect our borders! We need to MAKE THE BLOCKCHAIN SAFE & GREAT AGAIN! #Trump2016
5:15 PM - 18 Feb 2016”

Trumpchain‏@trumpchain

"Bitcoin Classic. Oh, Bitcoin Classic, Bitcoin Classic. Everything is Bitcoin Classic. What happens? Nothing."

Trumpchain ‏@trumpchain  Feb 16

"Nothing ever happens; nothing ever happens. You look at Bitcoin Classic. It is going to be a disaster. People are closing up shops."

With Satirical Trumpchain, Donald Trump Meets Bitcoin
Stan Higgins | Published on February 21, 2016 at 16:37 GMT

Can real estate mogul and United States presidential contender Donald Trump make bitcoin great again?

A satirical Twitter account called Trumpchain doesn’t quite answer that question, but it does offer an amusing take on the controversial figure's bid for the White House.

The profile, described as a bot “that mixes Donald Trump speeches and tweets with comments from /r/bitcoin”, has undoubtedly become a vehicle for a bizarre mix of comedy and humor as it relates to the bitcoin space.

Read More:  http://www.coindesk.com/with-satirical-trumpchain-donald-trump-meets-bitcoin/

https://twitter.com/trumpchain
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:32:07 PM

This is quite entertaining. And here are three of my favorites: 

Trumpchain ‎@trumpchain

I will end 1MB blocks and protect our borders! We need to MAKE THE BLOCKCHAIN SAFE & GREAT AGAIN! #Trump2016
5:15 PM - 18 Feb 2016”

Trumpchain‏@trumpchain

"Bitcoin Classic. Oh, Bitcoin Classic, Bitcoin Classic. Everything is Bitcoin Classic. What happens? Nothing."

Trumpchain ‏@trumpchain  Feb 16

"Nothing ever happens; nothing ever happens. You look at Bitcoin Classic. It is going to be a disaster. People are closing up shops."

With Satirical Trumpchain, Donald Trump Meets Bitcoin
Stan Higgins | Published on February 21, 2016 at 16:37 GMT

Can real estate mogul and United States presidential contender Donald Trump make bitcoin great again?

A satirical Twitter account called Trumpchain doesn’t quite answer that question, but it does offer an amusing take on the controversial figure's bid for the White House.

The profile, described as a bot “that mixes Donald Trump speeches and tweets with comments from /r/bitcoin”, has undoubtedly become a vehicle for a bizarre mix of comedy and humor as it relates to the bitcoin space.

Read More:  http://www.coindesk.com/with-satirical-trumpchain-donald-trump-meets-bitcoin/

https://twitter.com/trumpchain

Hah, ok. Just for fun...

China, you go there now, sidechains, blockchains, you never saw anything like it. And they’re all over the place.

And remember the $5 billion sidechain? $5 billion we spent on a sidechain, and to this day it doesn’t work. A $5 billion sidechain.

Bitcoin Classic. Oh, Bitcoin Classic, Bitcoin Classic. Everything is Bitcoin Classic. What happens?  Nothing.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 09:48:15 PM

Did another couple of updates on the Accumulator bot, same download link. However, after observing it in action, I plan to revamp the coding.

yavuzc78

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:58:17 PM

Get Dnote Per minute

Our Faucet Live Thanks for Donations
http://altcoinix.com/dnotes-faucet/

Thanks yavuzc78. Do you plan to expand your services beyond faucet?

preparing block crawler for Dnotes and we can publish your content about Dnotes. (Free)

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:58:11 AM

This is turning out to be a really sad situation.

How a Peaceful Bitcoin Community Turned to Savage War
Read More:

http://www.blockcy.com/how-bitcoin-community-turned-to-war

That brings us to the present where the atmosphere in the community is riddled with conspiracy theories, allegations and counter allegations, accusations and counteraccusations, everyone constantly at everyone’s throat.

More worryingly, mechanisms have been put in place to take full control of the narrative in regards to bitcoin development. The bitcoin mailing list is heavily moderated. The bitcoin IRC channels where much bitcoin development discussion takes place are likewise under tight control. The biggest bitcoin forums engage in open censorship. Rumors are that extremists elements of bitcoin are moving to shun all reasonable voices and drive them away, with Luke-Jr, a bitcoin developer and blockstream contractor recently commenting that he could not see how “they” could work with Gavin Andresen or Jeff Garzik moving forward.

What was once a dream of liberation has turned into a nightmare of control, with bitcoin staring at the abyss, for what once was bitcoin, some argue, is no more
.”
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:02:03 AM

This is turning out to be a really sad situation.

How a Peaceful Bitcoin Community Turned to Savage War
Read More:

http://www.blockcy.com/how-bitcoin-community-turned-to-war

That brings us to the present where the atmosphere in the community is riddled with conspiracy theories, allegations and counter allegations, accusations and counteraccusations, everyone constantly at everyone’s throat.

More worryingly, mechanisms have been put in place to take full control of the narrative in regards to bitcoin development. The bitcoin mailing list is heavily moderated. The bitcoin IRC channels where much bitcoin development discussion takes place are likewise under tight control. The biggest bitcoin forums engage in open censorship. Rumors are that extremists elements of bitcoin are moving to shun all reasonable voices and drive them away, with Luke-Jr, a bitcoin developer and blockstream contractor recently commenting that he could not see how “they” could work with Gavin Andresen or Jeff Garzik moving forward.

What was once a dream of liberation has turned into a nightmare of control, with bitcoin staring at the abyss, for what once was bitcoin, some argue, is no more
.”

Alternate title: How NOT to conduct business if you want it to succeed.  Sad

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:10:17 AM

This is interesting - I knew small business was the 'engine of job creation' in US, but I wasn't aware (or never thought about it?) the biggest impact was from new businesses: 

‘The Looming Entrepreneurial Boom’: Kauffman Weighs In

"In any given year, new and young businesses create nearly all net new jobs in the U.S. economy. Put more starkly: If you want new jobs, then you want new and young firms. Older, established companies tend, on balance, to be net destroyers of jobs."

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/02/entrepreneurship-and-making-across-the-country/470385/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:52:06 AM

This is interesting - I knew small business was the 'engine of job creation' in US, but I wasn't aware (or never thought about it?) the biggest impact was from new businesses: 

‘The Looming Entrepreneurial Boom’: Kauffman Weighs In

"In any given year, new and young businesses create nearly all net new jobs in the U.S. economy. Put more starkly: If you want new jobs, then you want new and young firms. Older, established companies tend, on balance, to be net destroyers of jobs."

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/02/entrepreneurship-and-making-across-the-country/470385/

New business formation is of critical importance because of new job creation. Every new job added is a new job created.

Unfortunately, we are losing 470,000 companies a year while creating 400,000 new companies. That is a net loss of 70,000 companies per year. We used to have a net positive of 100 K.

Below is what I posted on February 16, 2016:

In order to gain a better understanding why I became so passionate in writing a book for small business owners let us examine some hard facts:

According to the latest data from the U.S. Census Bureau:

There 6 million operating (active) businesses in the United States with the following employment breakdown:

3,791,000     4 or less employees
1,000,000     5 to 9 employees
600,000        19 to 19 employees
500,000        20 to 99 employees
90,000      100 to 499 employees
18,000      500 to 10,000 employees
1,000      10,000 or more employees

"America’s small businesses are the engines of job creation. Small businesses create seven of every ten new jobs and they employ just over half of the country’s private sector workforce. (SBA Office of Advocacy)"
Source: http://smallbusiness.house.gov/uploadedfiles/april_recess_small_biz_talking_pts.pdf

“The U.S. Census Bureau reports that the total number of new business startups and business closures per year -- the birth and death rates of American companies -- have crossed for the first time since the measurement began. I am referring to employer businesses, those with one or more employees, the real engines of economic growth. Four hundred thousand new businesses are being born annually nationwide, while 470,000 per year are dying.

“Because we have misdiagnosed the cause and effect of economic growth, we have misdiagnosed the cause and effect of job creation. To get back on track, we need to quit pinning everything on innovation, and we need to start focusing on the almighty entrepreneurs and business builders. And that means we have to find them,” according to Jim Clifton is Chairman and CEO of Gallup. He is the author of The Coming Jobs Wa rand coauthor of Entrepreneurial StrengthsFinder

Source: http://www.gallup.com/businessjournal/180431/american-entrepreneurship-dead-alive.aspx

Improve Your Odds

The Four Pillars Of Business Success

By Alan Yong

"As we continue to strive for a better life, at times in frustration and a feeling of helplessness, let us agree on one simple truth: where you are right now is of less consequence than where you are going from here. There is little that can be done to regain missed opportunities or retroactively correct the mistakes made in the past.

However, with an awareness of our shortcomings, willingness and commitment to change, we can learn from history and our past mistakes. We can also gain deep knowledge and wisdom from others, who have gone down the same path and beyond. This book honors those who have already achieved everything that they desire in life and in business, but specifically written for those whose aspirations remain just beyond their grasp.

We do not believe that long term business success is an accident or the result of good fortune. Those who have achieved great success, you and your employees must have done many things right and we deeply respect you for your accomplishment.

However, for those who have yet to achieve their objectives, including anyone whose business still has room for dramatic improvements, this book should prove thoughtful, insightful, and helpful. This is a book written specifically for startups, small business owners and their management teams (companies ranging in size from new startups to 500 employees), and can provide them with the help and guidance they need to gain the success for which they strive. If that sounds like you - if you’re passionate about what you are doing and desire nothing more than to obtain the type of business mastery that will help you be the true architect of your company’s success, then read on.

I trust that this book will also be helpful and inspirational to many employees since they are one of the key pillars of business success. Additionally, I have made a persuasive case to replace the much disliked traditional employee performance review with “Mutual Goals Review” that is significantly more rewarding and collaborative in promoting employees career advancement with a unified purpose well aligned in the fulfillment of the company’s goals, missions, and ultimate vision.”

RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:45:29 PM

http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-0-public-beta-now-available/

I've been following theses guys since they started out, bought into the "pre-sale" and stuck with them through getting screwed by Moolah. Now, they have released the public beta (on test net) of their new protocol for decentralized marketplace, "Shade"

Shade will allow anyone to sell anything, to anyone and trade, coins included, through a "decentralized" system. It's worth taking a look at their technology, it may well be the next marketing/trading killer app. Perhaps some of these concepts could be incorporated into DNotes in the future.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:52:07 PM

http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-0-public-beta-now-available/

I've been following theses guys since they started out, bought into the "pre-sale" and stuck with them through getting screwed by Moolah. Now, they have released the public beta (on test net) of their new protocol for decentralized marketplace, "Shade"

Shade will allow anyone to sell anything, to anyone and trade, coins included, through a "decentralized" system. It's worth taking a look at their technology, it may well be the next marketing/trading killer app. Perhaps some of these concepts could be incorporated into DNotes in the future.

Thanks RJF, we'll take a look, sounds interesting.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 04:01:29 PM

http://dcebrief.com/will-bitcoin-ever-become-true-currency-its-already-halfway-there/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:57:06 PM

Great article TeeGee!

One of things I'm noticing about DCEBrief is that we run more articles than any other news outlet that can be understood and appreciated by people not in the cryptocurrency industry. Isn't that what it's all about - reaching out to new people and educating them (and getting them to stick around  Wink)? We seem to have a better knack at building the knowledge bridge between the present world of fiat and the future world of cryptocurrency. 

I am also grateful that DCEBrief doesn't use daily bitcoin price swings as 'filler' news EVERY day - it gets old very fast.

RJF19

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:06:23 PM

- SNIP -

I am also grateful that DCEBrief doesn't use daily bitcoin price swings as 'filler' news EVERY day - it gets old very fast.

I so agree with you on that! I think it's immature at best when the others do that, I really hate it! The price is not the most important thing and to keep throwing it in our face creates a circus atmosphere that only catches the interest of the casual observer or the week minded "investor"

DCEBrief is THE professional news and opinion publication for our industry at the moment. Lets keep it that way!

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:56:18 PM

- SNIP -

I so agree with you on that! I think it's immature at best when the others do that, I really hate it! The price is not the most important thing and to keep throwing it in our face creates a circus atmosphere that only catches the interest of the casual observer or the week minded "investor"

DCEBrief is THE professional news and opinion publication for our industry at the moment. Lets keep it that way!

DCEBrief target audience goes beyond our industry. If mass acceptance of digital currency were to take place, a medium to bridge the knowledge gap is vital. Most people outside of our industry have no idea what is a good price of Bitcoin or other altcoins; neither are they interested in all that nasty infightings. The vast majority of them need to feel comfortable with a name they can trust. Building a trusted brand has been our job one.

We also believe in building a purposeful digital currency for everyone worldwide to participate, and we have been approaching it systematically by using many building blocks that are strategically linked. 
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 07:19:08 PM

Thanks Chase and RJF. TeeGee did a great job on the article.

That does get a bit old, but at the same time when you look at the popularity of Coindesk's or CoinTelegraph's social media posts you'd see they are some of the most popular on a regular basis. I've been thinking about how we can draw from the popularity of the price posts to draw people in to DCEBrief with something of substance. May not be feasible, but worth giving it some thought.

RJF19

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:33:33 PM

That does get a bit old, but at the same time when you look at the popularity of Coindesk's or CoinTelegraph's social media posts you'd see they are some of the most popular on a regular basis. I've been thinking about how we can draw from the popularity of the price posts to draw people in to DCEBrief with something of substance. May not be feasible, but worth giving it some thought.

Perhaps a REAL financial analysis updated at regular intervals from someone who has a good handle on what makes Bitcoin value move...

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:37:01 PM

Posting price update charts on social media isn't the problem, it's creating a front page story about every 'corrective' 'charting' move bitcoin makes, that is annoying.

CoinDesk posts their price update every 4 hours on Twitter, is that what you had in mind? Or did you want a link back to DCEBrief with the price info there?

Is there anyway to get a live-feed of several currencies on the site with an automated social media post that links it there? Perhaps with the latest article links as well on the automated post??

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 09:08:40 PM

Sort of, when Coindesk posts the 4 hour update it's nice, but may have limited draw back to the site to get people to read our articles. I like the idea of adding articles to it or call to action that they may be interested in.

I like RJF's idea of having a legitimate financial analysis every so often. The challenge of course is finding the right person for it.

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 11:26:00 PM

Posting price update charts on social media isn't the problem, it's creating a front page story about every 'corrective' 'charting' move bitcoin makes, that is annoying.

CoinDesk posts their price update every 4 hours on Twitter, is that what you had in mind? Or did you want a link back to DCEBrief with the price info there?

Is there anyway to get a live-feed of several currencies on the site with an automated social media post that links it there? Perhaps with the latest article links as well on the automated post??

Gee, I like the line of thinking in the posts above! And DCEBrief really does impress me.

Down the track, of course, we shall graduate from Bitcointalk to our own site; but the idea of one community making its currency the hub of a range of activities is one Ian and I have pushed for ages. (IndiaMikeZulu has intergalaticplatypus, but that's different, more like a 'conference room' for long-timer geeks.)

And Happy Spring, you N. Hemisphere folks! (Autumn here now, and Felicity Emu is keeping at bay the wild emus bent on sneaking out of the bush to eat 'her' figs.)
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:58:28 PM

Transaction Fees Increase as Bitcoin Blocks Get Full

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/03/01/transaction-fees-increase-bitcoin-blocks-get-full/

By the look of things, there is no improvement in sight anytime soon. The Bitcoin memory pool is full of transactions waiting for network confirmations, and the numbers only keep going up over time. Some people might see this as a sign of how Bitcoin is gaining a lot of popularity, but these confirmation delays are not doing anyone any favors right now.

Bitcoin Transaction Gets Stuck For Hours

Whenever somebody sends a Bitcoin transaction with a lower than normal fee, it only makes sense to face a slight delay. The way Bitcoin mining works is by prioritizing transactions based on the transaction fees paid. Low to no transaction fees will usually lead to a delay when waiting for network confirmations, although things never got out of hand as much as they do now.

These days, it is not just the low fee transactions which are faced with network confirmation delays, but the regular fee is no longer sufficient either. This creates a very awkward situation in the Bitcoin world, as the 0.001 BTC fee – worth US$0.43 at the time of writing – is no longer sufficient to get guaranteed confirmations from the next few blocks on the Bitcoin network.

But it is not just the transaction fees that are creating this backlog, as the network blocks mined on February 29th could not take in more transactions. All of the mined blocks were completely full, a strong indication as to how the block size needs to be increased much sooner than people anticipated. As a result, only high priority fees will get transactions confirmed these days, a cost currently sitting at 0.0044 BTC or US$1.90.

With the transaction fees increasing spectacularly to move funds across the Bitcoin network in a quick manner, it becomes even more apparent as to how much the block size debate is hurting the ecosystem right now. Paying close to US$2 per transaction for a money transfer solution supposedly much cheaper than traditional solutions is not acceptable.

By the look of things, there is no improvement in sight anytime soon. The Bitcoin memory pool is full of transactions waiting for network confirmations, and the numbers only keep going up over time. Some people might see this as a sign of how Bitcoin is gaining a lot of popularity, but these confirmation delays are not doing anyone any favors right now.

There is no indication any Bitcoin network stress test is going, like what happened when the Bitcoin XT client started gaining popularity last year. Some people mention how they got lucky and had a transaction confirmed by the next network block while paying regular fees. Others might find themselves waiting for hours, if not days, until the transaction is confirmed.

Will A Block Size Increase Fix The Problem?

Unfortunately, there is no right or wrong answer to this question right now. Yes, a bigger Bitcoin block size would allow for more transactions to be included in every block, and could result in lower transaction fees in the long run. However, it is impossible to confirm whether or not this would be the case, as there is no reason for the sudden flood of Bitcoin transactions hitting the network.

While it is true the block size debate has gone on far too long, a rushed solution might not be the preferable answer right now. The latest Bitcoin Core release includes an option to resend transactions with a higher fee if the user decided to do so, partially solving the problem of delayed network confirmations. But at the same time, a more permanent solution needs to be made available to all Bitcoin users, and it will be up to the developers to do exactly that.
Pages: « 1 ... 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: