Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:02:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 12:30:03 AM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 3-6-2016

247Exchange Now Serving Canada
Ledger TrustZone: Turn Your Smartphone into Bitcoin Wallet
New Ethereum Platform Launches: Homestead
End of World at Hand; Mass Panic Erupts

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-3-6-2016/

247Exchange Now Serving Canada Very impressive! I haven't tried this exchange yet, but I like the fact that they use INTERAC Online, which means I can pay the same way I would using online banking, except the exchange is never given access to my bank info. Coinbase requires bank branch, account #, and if you want to increase your daily limits you have to supply your credit card # (unless it has changed??).

Very nice. I think coinbase does require a credit card to raise your limits still.
https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2108820-coinbase-account-limits

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:52:50 AM

Going to have a designer work on the cover for the book. For your reference, here is the mock design. We have changed a few things since, like the title Improve Your Odds: The Four Pillars of Business Success. If anyone has any ideas, or is interested in participating in the design, now would be a good time. We are getting closer by the day, so we want to get everything ready.

A local DNotes stakeholder has shown some interest in the book and had a couple questions: Will physical copies be available or is it an e-book, and what retailers might we expect to carry it?

The current plan is to have it available in all formats, Paperback, Hardcover, Ebook, Kindle, and the apple format. Available everywhere. We are planning to have it available in all the major book stores, Barnes & Nobles, etc... We can't say for sure before we actually work through the publishing process, as I'm sure there will be a lot of hurdles along the way. There will be a lot of work involved, as we intend to self publish and self promote for the most part, and we are doing everything we can to prepare for it. We are considering launching a kickstarter project prior to it's release to help the marketing process and get the word out.

It may take a while, but Joe is correct that the book will be "available everywhere". My most important personal objective is to ensure that the book will go a long way as a source of inspiration and words of wisdom to many; especially small business owners and their employees.

Thanks guys, they were very happy to hear this. I'm really looking forward to this book for the valuable business wisdom Alan's experience can provide. I'm going to take what I learn and use it to benefit worthy non profit initiatives.
SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:03:42 AM

Going to have a designer work on the cover for the book. For your reference, here is the mock design. We have changed a few things since, like the title Improve Your Odds: The Four Pillars of Business Success. If anyone has any ideas, or is interested in participating in the design, now would be a good time. We are getting closer by the day, so we want to get everything ready.

A local DNotes stakeholder has shown some interest in the book and had a couple questions: Will physical copies be available or is it an e-book, and what retailers might we expect to carry it?

The current plan is to have it available in all formats, Paperback, Hardcover, Ebook, Kindle, and the apple format. Available everywhere. We are planning to have it available in all the major book stores, Barnes & Nobles, etc... We can't say for sure before we actually work through the publishing process, as I'm sure there will be a lot of hurdles along the way. There will be a lot of work involved, as we intend to self publish and self promote for the most part, and we are doing everything we can to prepare for it. We are considering launching a kickstarter project prior to it's release to help the marketing process and get the word out.

It may take a while, but Joe is correct that the book will be "available everywhere". My most important personal objective is to ensure that the book will go a long way as a source of inspiration and words of wisdom to many; especially small business owners and their employees.

Thanks guys, they were very happy to hear this. I'm really looking forward to this book for the valuable business wisdom Alan's experience can provide. I'm going to take what I learn and use it to benefit worthy non profit initiatives.

I have been harping on Alan for over ten years to write a book! He has been preaching this sermon for many many years. It is not some "pie in the sky" theory. These concepts have been proven in the real world. They way the book pulls all these inter-related concepts together is even better than I imagined!

Kudos, Yoda......

Smokey
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:04:11 AM

Marked for delisting on c-cex!

Wargo, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I received an email noticed too. Our volume on Ce-Cex has always been quite low, but it is good to maintain our listing, if possible.

Based on Ce-Cex's email it will be delisted if an "average trading volume for the last month has not exceeded 0.2 BTC/day (or 6 BTC for last 30 days): ......  We will not remove those coins if they reach minimum trading volume requirement."

I will do my best to increase my trading at Ce-Cex. Any help from our community will be very much appreciated.

The book is still on track to be completed this month. We are hopeful that it will be published in early April with a dedicated website. This is the largest project we have embarked in our history and expected to be a very significant foundation block to help propel DNotes forward. Although, it has been extremely demanding for me, I believe that it is well worth it. We will be posting more details later. And again, my sincere thanks to those of you who have been working hard to support me on this project. It is an awesome book, accomplished with great team efforts.  

Update: DNotes will retain its listing at C-Cex. Thanks for increased community support.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:10:25 AM

I have been harping on Alan for over ten years to write a book! He has been preaching this sermon for many many years. It is not some "pie in the sky" theory. These concepts have been proven in the real world. They way the book pulls all these inter-related concepts together is even better than I imagined!

Kudos, Yoda......

Smokey

Thanks, Kevin.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 03:08:54 PM

http://dcebrief.com/as-a-financial-advisor-can-you-explain-cryptocurrency-to-your-clients/

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:16:27 PM

This article raises some important points, good work Chase.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 03:29:34 PM

I wholeheartedly agree, excellent article and thank you Chase!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 05:13:16 PM

Very helpful article. Excellent work and thank you for your valuable contributions, Chase.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:03:36 PM

As a Financial Advisor, Can You Explain Cryptocurrency to Your Clients?

http://dcebrief.com/as-a-financial-advisor-can-you-explain-cryptocurrency-to-your-clients/

This article raises some important points, good work Chase.

I wholeheartedly agree, excellent article and thank you Chase!

Very helpful article. Excellent work and thank you for your valuable contributions, Chase.

Thank you everyone! The picture is perfect - thanks Joe.  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:52:25 PM

Check this out, physical cryptocurrency in the form of polymer banknotes. I think this is a very cool idea that could help bridge the "fintech generation gap".

http://www.polymerbit.com/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 07:19:58 PM

Check this out, physical cryptocurrency in the form of polymer banknotes. I think this is a very cool idea that could help bridge the "fintech generation gap".

Pretty interesting, I wonder how they are preventing fraud.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:44:22 PM

My guess is they'll be keeping the private address to themselves, while displaying the public address on their bills so the balance can be verified. This would require trusting the company issuing the bills and anyone else with access to the private keys (staff, etc).
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:18:32 PM

Genesis Mining's 'Bitcoin Mining Fund' has been named as one of the top new portfolio products by Think Advisor.

Top Portfolio Products: Funds Target the Environment, Bitcoin and Dividends

2) Genesis Mining Launches Bitcoin Mining Fund

Bitcoin cloud mining provider Genesis Mining has filed with the SEC to launch the Logos Fund, a Bitcoin mining fund that will cater exclusively to high-net-worth individuals, investment funds and accredited investors looking to take part in the Bitcoin ecosystem.

The fund is aimed at investors who would rather not purchase and manage their own hardware to mine bitcoin.

http://www.thinkadvisor.com/2016/03/04/top-portfolio-products-funds-target-the-environmen

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 09:13:54 PM

My guess is they'll be keeping the private address to themselves, while displaying the public address on their bills so the balance can be verified. This would require trusting the company issuing the bills and anyone else with access to the private keys (staff, etc).

Yeah, like a closed system that uses digital currency, I just wonder if someone get's your ID number or whatever QR code represents if they can just print a copy of your bill. Sort of like how registers and atms need to ask for a pin, because the card number isn't very well protected.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 11:09:17 PM

Yeah, like a closed system that uses digital currency, I just wonder if someone get's your ID number or whatever QR code represents if they can just print a copy of your bill. Sort of like how registers and atms need to ask for a pin, because the card number isn't very well protected.

That's a good point. It will be interesting to see what safeguards they can put in place to prevent QR forgery. I'd assume the forger would need sophisticated counterfeiting equipment in order to replicate the UV watermarks. This may not be economically viable for isolated thefts, however if they had means to obtain QR codes for numerous bills, it could be worthwhile.

To correct what I said earlier, here is how the public/private keys work:

"The private key can be used to take the balance from the banknote, Please note that the note becomes void if the key is exposed (you need to peel the public key off to see this key)."
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 11:19:17 PM

That's a good point. It will be interesting to see what safeguards they can put in place to prevent QR forgery. I'd assume the forger would need sophisticated counterfeiting equipment in order to replicate the UV watermarks. This may not be economically viable for isolated thefts, however if they had means to obtain QR codes for numerous bills, it could be worthwhile.

"The private key can be used to take the balance from the banknote, Please note that the note becomes void if the key is exposed (you need to peel the public key off to see this key)."

Ahh, that makes sense. So in that regard, it's more like those digital coins and such (a paper wallet), it just looks like a bill.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:07:06 AM

Ahh, that makes sense. So in that regard, it's more like those digital coins and such (a paper wallet), it just looks like a bill.

Looks cool. But is it practical and would there be legal and compliance issues? Additionally, trust will remain a huge issue for larger amount.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:19:52 PM

Will Bitcoin face extinction without core development competition? Personally, I do not think so. But it will not benefit from its full potential unless, at a minimum, it has managed rules for competition. Competing fairly is a good thing. Competing destructively is chaotic and will retard mass acceptance of Bitcoin.

Successful businesses compete for winning technology standards all the time.
In most of these battles, one standard eventually emerges victorious. The winning standard succeeds because it becomes best option after a hard-fought battle.
Having a backlog of transactions kills the ability for bitcoin to be useful as a transactional tool and forces additional costs on businesses.

Creating a task force
When it comes to the Internet, its technology is mature and thus debate is normal. Imagine if there were no task forces developing standards governing the internet.
We would be dealing with an internet that was not capable of scaling and rife with technical problems. Instead, proper bodies shape the internet. It has created one of the largest wealth generators of our time.”

Bitcoin Faces Extinction Without Core Development Competition

Daniel Cawrey (@danielcawrey) | Published on March 7, 2016 at 18:45 GMT

The former COO of bitcoin social network ZapChain, Dan Cawrey is a Silicon Valley-based writer specializing in emerging technologies such as bitcoin and virtual reality.
Here, Cawrey argues that the bitcoin ecosystem should embrace competition, but create a standards body so that such competition can be properly encouraged and managed.

Read More:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-extinction-core-development-competition/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 03:12:12 PM

http://dcebrief.com/is-digital-currency-a-risk-to-the-banking-industry/

Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: