Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:37:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:28:11 PM

Wow this book looks like great !! Congrats Alan  Wink  remember plant a tree too.

yesterday mining get burned jack conectors of gridseed blade :S just working at 750 mhz can go to 850 with no problems . so strange. But i got another 2 burned time ago.. i buy 4 at same time, maybe is the quality of conectors i dont know but dig for months without problems, so i need to buy new ac conectors
just keep mining at 1.4 mhash for the while with other asic.

The Gridseed connectors are VERY problematic especially if your talking about the 5 MH/s black units. The connectors are small for the 2 to 3 amps each is expected to handle and, over time, they get brittle and shrink creating a poor connection which, produces ever more heat during operation. More heat makes the plastic shrink and get even more brittle until the whole assemble fails which can cause a real fire. I have 30 of these units and I finally resorted to soldering the power wires directly to the circuit boards.

Also, don't buy the cheap connectors from China offered on eBay, they don't fit well. If you plug in the power connector and it moves around or feels loose, it will burn out after a while. Remember, you are passing upward of 25 watts or more through this little connector originally made for an audio connection or a very low voltage, low current power connection.

SO, if you can solder, do so. If not make sure you have the correct size connector and it fits tightly. Check them often in operation for excessive heat and if you smell smoke, go directly to the Gridseeds for the source!  Shocked

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
RJF19

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:30:22 PM

If it goes as well as we plan for, we'll have to plant a forest.

Strange you should mention this, a while back I had the idea of planting trees to offset the carbon emissions of our blockchain. I guess great minds think alike!

I seem to remember there was an altcoin that tried that, don't think it worked out in the long run...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
RJF19

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:36:40 PM

Alan,

Contrats on the book so far! When, and where, will it be available for purchase?

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 01:30:41 PM

Alan,

Contrats on the book so far! When, and where, will it be available for purchase?

Thank you, RJF. We will be launching it through KickStarter to drum up initial support for the project with a small pre-sell target. Anyone who can support me with a small pledge to buy a copy of the book will be greatly appreciated. The other most helpful thing is an objective book review. We will be releasing more details in the coming days. It may not start out that way, but we intent to have the book available everywhere in paper bag, hard cover, and Ebook format. We believe that the book has mass appeal and will be very heavily promoted.

The book is a key foundation block of our ecosystem. This is the first time we have a serious tool to work with many women business organizations to promote opportunities for women using CryptoMoms and the first time that we have the opportunity to work with many small business owners and their employees - a nice tie in for CRISP For Employee Benefits and CRISP For Retirement. The book is expected to be a significant revenue generator as well as a great PR tool, build great awareness, and credibility for DNotes.

We are working on a new site for the book dedicated to small business owners and other entrepreneurs. It will eventually be a membership subscription site with a variety of resources and contents.

I am a very strong believer of developing and executing great strategies that give us the best chances of accomplishing our missions and strategic vision. It is not always easy for others to understand. We build a solid foundation with a trusted brand, cast a very wide net, develop equal to or better technologies, build momentum, and eventually dominate. This is a long term multi-years strategy. Every thing that we do and much more is mentioned in the book. It is getting very exciting!  
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 01:57:09 PM

Wow this book looks like great !! Congrats Alan  Wink  remember plant a tree too.

yesterday mining get burned jack conectors of gridseed blade :S just working at 750 mhz can go to 850 with no problems . so strange. But i got another 2 burned time ago.. i buy 4 at same time, maybe is the quality of conectors i dont know but dig for months without problems, so i need to buy new ac conectors

The Gridseed connectors are VERY problematic especially if your talking about the 5 MH/s black units. The connectors are small for the 2 to 3 amps each is expected to handle and, over time, they get brittle and shrink creating a poor connection which, produces ever more heat during operation. More heat makes the plastic shrink and get even more brittle until the whole assemble fails which can cause a real fire. I have 30 of these units and I finally resorted to soldering the power wires directly to the circuit boards.

Also, don't buy the cheap connectors from China offered on eBay, they don't fit well. If you plug in the power connector and it moves around or feels loose, it will burn out after a while. Remember, you are passing upward of 25 watts or more through this little connector originally made for an audio connection or a very low voltage, low current power connection.

SO, if you can solder, do so. If not make sure you have the correct size connector and it fits tightly. Check them often in operation for excessive heat and if you smell smoke, go directly to the Gridseeds for the source!  Shocked

Yeah conectors fits perfect, in the beggining i use 2 miners at 800 850 frequenzy ,, and burn 2 really fast so i low the frequenzy to 700-750 and keep diging few months until other day.

i had found this ones that look like stronger http://www.ebay.es/itm/10-X-DC-POWER-PLUG-12V-VOLT-CCTV-ADAPTOR-CONNECTOR-MALE-2-1MM-X-5-5MM-X-10MM-/221992869398?hash=item33afce5e16:g:aPMAAOSwLN5WlOcU

But really had thought about soldering cables direct to ac conectors but whos yellow and black, if you can link a pic to see how you do it will be great. This is faster way to start run them again.

i had conected by molex conectors, but thinking to use pcie better

[/quote]

Thank you, RJF. We will be launching it through KickStarter to drum up initial support for the project with a small pre-sell target. Anyone who can support me with a small pledge to buy a copy of the book will be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

waiting to buy it or colaborate.
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 02:01:42 PM

The disappearing wealth of the American middle-class:

1 chart every middle-class American needs to see

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2016/03/18/1-chart-every-middle-class-american-needs-see/81966418/

i just can speak about spain this is very much true but you will not see on TV, can add at side of this that are growing moar incopetentent stupid millonaires than ever....

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 02:11:43 PM

http://dcebrief.com/change-to-eu-law-could-have-a-big-impact-on-cryptocurrency/

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:10:34 PM

Thank you, Wiser, for an exceptional post and your kind words. We take it as a privilege that our community has been very supportive of our efforts and will likely be very supportive of major technical  improvement to DNotes in the future. However, we are mindful that to preserve the great value of a totally decentralized system we should not take any thing for granted. Ideally, we want to make one major change with a long wish list, to be equal to or better than anyone else. We are committed to be best in class. Our community may start coming up with a wish list. We expect to kick into high gear in development the second half of this year.

If I could have a wish about one thing to change about DNotes, I would want it to be a minting coin, and I would also want there to be opportunities to mint it online via a trusted third party (something like Coinwallet.co) but also have a very well functioning desktop wallet that can also mint it. The DNotes vault currently functions a bit like a minting wallet in the sense that you can gain "interest" on a deposit, but you have to tie up your funds for a long time in order to do that. I would like to see an option where your coins can work for you but with no other strings attached (such as needing to tie them up). I think in this way, even a very small holder can have a stash that grows. Of all the minting coins I have worked with I have to say that Diamond coin does it the best, so if this idea is ever seriously considered I would recommend studying up on how Diamond does it. I can put anyone in touch with the lead developer.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:25:09 PM

Yeah conectors fits perfect, in the beggining i use 2 miners at 800 850 frequenzy ,, and burn 2 really fast so i low the frequenzy to 700-750 and keep diging few months until other day.

i had found this ones that look like stronger http://www.ebay.es/itm/10-X-DC-POWER-PLUG-12V-VOLT-CCTV-ADAPTOR-CONNECTOR-MALE-2-1MM-X-5-5MM-X-10MM-/221992869398?hash=item33afce5e16:g:aPMAAOSwLN5WlOcU

But really had thought about soldering cables direct to ac conectors but whos yellow and black, if you can link a pic to see how you do it will be great. This is faster way to start run them again.

i had conected by molex conectors, but thinking to use pcie better

Thank you, RJF. We will be launching it through KickStarter to drum up initial support for the project with a small pre-sell target. Anyone who can support me with a small pledge to buy a copy of the book will be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

waiting to buy it or colaborate.
[/quote]

Thank you, infovortice2013. It is greatly appreciated. The book is actually very helpful to anyone interested to develop better people skill. Employers hire employees they believe will be the best fit in their work environment and culture. Once hired the leadership focus to inspire and coach the new employees to have the best career path. Together they work to accomplish a common goal - the success of the company. Employees are best taken care of in successful companies; not failing companies. Employees are also happiest when they feel confident of a good career path with the company and that their contributions are acknowledged and appreciated.

By the same token we are free to decide whom we want to be associated. A healthy professional relationship as mentioned in the book is also applicable here. It's all about working well together for the mutual benefit of everyone.  
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 03:27:11 PM

Thank you, Wiser, for an exceptional post and your kind words. We take it as a privilege that our community has been very supportive of our efforts and will likely be very supportive of major technical  improvement to DNotes in the future. However, we are mindful that to preserve the great value of a totally decentralized system we should not take any thing for granted. Ideally, we want to make one major change with a long wish list, to be equal to or better than anyone else. We are committed to be best in class. Our community may start coming up with a wish list. We expect to kick into high gear in development the second half of this year.

If I could have a wish about one thing to change about DNotes, I would want it to be a minting coin, and I would also want there to be opportunities to mint it online via a trusted third party (something like Coinwallet.co) but also have a very well functioning desktop wallet that can also mint it. The DNotes vault currently functions a bit like a minting wallet in the sense that you can gain "interest" on a deposit, but you have to tie up your funds for a long time in order to do that. I would like to see an option where your coins can work for you but with no other strings attached (such as needing to tie them up). I think in this way, even a very small holder can have a stash that grows. Of all the minting coins I have worked with I have to say that Diamond coin does it the best, so if this idea is ever seriously considered I would recommend studying up on how Diamond does it. I can put anyone in touch with the lead developer.

Thank you Wiser, a hybrid of sorts is a serious future consideration. Staking in a way, helps with the node reward issue, as well as a number of other issues.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:43:30 PM

Excellent, Wiser. Joe will start start building a wish list. I strongly encourage everyone to post their  suggestions on what they like to see in a new version of DNotes. You can also PM Joe. We already have a few great ideas but some of them may not be shared until a relaunched. Please be reminded that we normally take our time to do things right. We are allocating the next two years to work on major development. Various feature will be made available along the way. We have a lot of things to get excited about.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 04:02:23 PM

Excellent, Wiser. Joe will start start building a wish list. I strongly encourage everyone to post their  suggestions on what they like to see in a new version of DNotes. You can also PM Joe. We already have a few great ideas but some of them may not be shared until a relaunched. Please be reminded that we normally take our time to do things right. We are allocating the next two years to work on major development. Various feature will be made available along the way. We have a lot of things to get excited about.

Sounds good, I will create a Google doc spreadsheet for everyone to view.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TxIutmIeSafoe1bg5QIlZFSlhh_T3i_3oFqAMkl4gCA/edit?usp=sharing

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:10:58 PM

You can count me in for a copy, can I pay with Bitcoin? I really don't want to spend any DNotes because the future of DNotes is looking very bright!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2016, 10:08:26 PM

You can count me in for a copy, can I pay with Bitcoin? I really don't want to spend any DNotes because the future of DNotes is looking very bright!

Well, for the kickstarter portion, we will only be able to use what kickstarter accepts. Which at the moment is only debit/credit cards. Other forms of payments will be available after the launch, kickstarter will begin prior to launch.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 01:57:31 AM

Quote from: indiamikezulu on March 21, 2016, 11:53:32 PM

Ian and I are trying to arrange a meeting with the head of the Commerce and IT Department of our local college. WTS.

Hmmm . . . while trying to figure out if Connecticut is going ‘bankupt’ as well as Puerto Rico and Illinois, I found this:

“Many more [nations], from Senegal to Laos, lie in a debt danger zone, where an economic downturn or a sudden jump in interest rates on world debt markets could lead to disaster.”

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jul/11/beyond-greece-world-filled-debt-crises [My italics]

The report is already dated – mid-2015 -- but more interesting is that other lists of the same type list other nations: that is, the list is longer.

All these nations are candidates for crypto adoption.

Quote From Shepherd Today:

Illinois is not exactly out of the woods yet, but it is getting a little better. As long as nothing major blows up anytime soon I think we can manage to get by.

If we look at the world as a whole, we are getting progressively worse. But no one wants to see the whole system collapse; so collectively our political leaders will always make a last minute bailout attempt and just create more money out of thin air. Eventually, there may be no more place to hide.  In the mean time, we need to build trust and awareness so that digital currency like DNotes and others can be a viable investment alternative, just in case.
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:25:37 AM

Well, for the kickstarter portion, we will only be able to use what kickstarter accepts. Which at the moment is only debit/credit cards. Other forms of payments will be available after the launch, kickstarter will begin prior to launch.

Wow - lot's of interesting info on the DNotes' thread today!

I'll take 3 or 4 books.  Smiley Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 03:57:08 AM

I'll take 3 or 4 books.  Smiley Smiley

As always, appreciate your support Chase! Smiley

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:10:44 AM

Great information being posted on the forum lately!

The book is shaping up nicely it appears. I'd like to order at least 5 - 10. I'll give a copy or two for book chains to analyse, or hopefully we can find a way to sell it over here... Actually, I might just distribute it directly and market it directly if we aren't able to get it stocked on bookshelves in little ol' New Zealand. I don't know how the distribution networks work for book store chains, but hey, it could keep the margins for the DNotes company much higher - i.e. Payment made to DNotes website, and I distribute by post nationally. I'll support the book however I can.

Kickstarter page, and social media presence will be the next step. Also got a couple ideas in the works for DCEbrief articles (to follow) - namely a rework of a letter I wrote about how crypto, and blockchain could affect legal professions like law.

It would make for great information for legal firms to see what the future may look like, and get on board with blockchain early.

I'd also like to write more about "currency", what it is, and why it is better than "barter" - to revisit in plain English some monetary theory, and why cryptocurrencies are better than gold. As an example, many people advocate gold as a reserve currency because it's "function as money" increases the value of gold significantly above its intrinsic value.  When people "consume" gold as jewellery or any other personal use, gold is taken out of the "money market", which further lifts the price of gold. People will of course never do this, if the "price" of gold exceeds that of its intrinsic value (as jewellery, or any other use). Consider golds potential ability to act as a "means of exchange" to add a surplus value to its price.

By this logic, that surplus is what gives crypto-currencies its value - or fiat currency. It's mean of exchange. Crypto does this more efficiently than fiat money does - which is not lost on anybody here. Of course, throw in DNotes plan to give each unit of currency an ownership stake in a profit-generating company, you have a unit of currency that both has intrinsic value from acting as a medium of exchange, and as a ownership claim against a company.

Genius.

Be in touch.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:52:35 PM

I try to stay neutral in my opinion of other coins, but this one has always looked sketchy. They have been on the radar of numerous authorities, but somehow still operating. Do they have to collapse with everyone's money, before something is finally done?

OneCoin Ponzi Scheme Adjusts Tactics To Recruit More Members

http://themerkle.com/onecoin-ponzi-scheme-adjusts-tactics-to-recruit-more-members/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:35:09 PM

I'll take 3 or 4 books.  Smiley Smiley

That is very much appreciated. Thank you very much, Chase.

The Kickstarter campaign is a great opportunity for us to promote pre-sale of the book. Anyone who is in the position to support us will be greatly appreciated. However, do not feel obligated though. We are thinking of offering a limited number of E-books over a limited time to be given away free for those who can not afford it. We will be posting details here, should we decide to do that. Additionally, anyone who can give the book an objective review will be very much appreciated.

This book means a lot to me but most importantly it could be invaluable to a lot of business owners and those who are contemplating in starting a new business. I am challenged to help reduce the high rate of business failures currently in excess of 60% of startups in the first five years. There are many reasons for the high rate of failures. It must start with you the owner, the leader, and the coach. Among others, creating a favorable culture for the benefits of everyone is a great starting point. Your company can enjoy greater inspiration at every level when mutual dependence, mutual cooperation, and mutual benefits are emphasized by everyone at all levels.

Quote of the day, "When you can inspire those who follow you to not only appreciate great leadership skills but also strive to develop them in themselves, you will find that they become even better followers too."

This book is a key foundation block of our ecosystem. It is a pathway of DNotes towards mass acceptance on a global scale. Those who read the book carefully will come to understand that everything DNotes has been doing is reflected in the book. It is about coming up with a very long term vision, develop a whole series of winning strategies, and execute them flawlessly over a period of time. It is about developing and launching a whole series of highly scalable building blocks that are all strategically linked. DNotes is a very large scale work in progress project that is not easy to understand when one just look only one or two things like DNotes the currency (that is just 1 among 1000 and nothing special by itself now or CryptoMoms for the matter) For now that is a correct assessment.

DNotes goes way beyond that. As a system, each piece is like a gear or a component. When we completed building all the parts and assembled them into a system - it becomes a very powerful machine.

In essence, that is what we have been doing. Hope you will enjoy reading the book. It is uniquely different and refreshing. There may not be another business book like it. If I am wrong, let me know. I am always looking forward to read more good books.

Pages: « 1 ... 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: