Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 03:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814502 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 02:40:50 PM

Great information being posted on the forum lately!

The book is shaping up nicely it appears. I'd like to order at least 5 - 10. I'll give a copy or two for book chains to analyse, or hopefully we can find a way to sell it over here... Actually, I might just distribute it directly and market it directly if we aren't able to get it stocked on bookshelves in little ol' New Zealand. I don't know how the distribution networks work for book store chains, but hey, it could keep the margins for the DNotes company much higher - i.e. Payment made to DNotes website, and I distribute by post nationally. I'll support the book however I can.

Kickstarter page, and social media presence will be the next step. Also got a couple ideas in the works for DCEbrief articles (to follow) - namely a rework of a letter I wrote about how crypto, and blockchain could affect legal professions like law.

It would make for great information for legal firms to see what the future may look like, and get on board with blockchain early.

I'd also like to write more about "currency", what it is, and why it is better than "barter" - to revisit in plain English some monetary theory, and why cryptocurrencies are better than gold. As an example, many people advocate gold as a reserve currency because it's "function as money" increases the value of gold significantly above its intrinsic value.  When people "consume" gold as jewellery or any other personal use, gold is taken out of the "money market", which further lifts the price of gold. People will of course never do this, if the "price" of gold exceeds that of its intrinsic value (as jewellery, or any other use). Consider golds potential ability to act as a "means of exchange" to add a surplus value to its price.

By this logic, that surplus is what gives crypto-currencies its value - or fiat currency. It's mean of exchange. Crypto does this more efficiently than fiat money does - which is not lost on anybody here. Of course, throw in DNotes plan to give each unit of currency an ownership stake in a profit-generating company, you have a unit of currency that both has intrinsic value from acting as a medium of exchange, and as a ownership claim against a company.

Genius.

Be in touch.

Thanks TeeGee! We will be making every effort to have it published and sold across the globe, eventually translated into many languages, and it will certainly help if you can contact local chains. There is a lot of preparation work going on right now, but will have more details as we get closer to publishing.

That is excellent, we could use a few more of your articles.

The membership site is coming together and we are working to launch it and the kickstarter shortly. This will help us to start getting word out prior to the actual launch of the book. Exciting times just ahead, stay tuned.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 02:44:59 PM

I try to stay neutral in my opinion of other coins, but this one has always looked sketchy. They have been on the radar of numerous authorities, but somehow still operating. Do they have to collapse with everyone's money, before something is finally done?

OneCoin Ponzi Scheme Adjusts Tactics To Recruit More Members

http://themerkle.com/onecoin-ponzi-scheme-adjusts-tactics-to-recruit-more-members/

Though I haven't spent much time researching their model, I steer far away from any MLM type schemes that rely on tiered recruitment.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 02:57:52 PM

http://dcebrief.com/the-need-for-awareness-of-shifting-legislation/

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:57:37 PM

I try to stay neutral in my opinion of other coins, but this one has always looked sketchy. They have been on the radar of numerous authorities, but somehow still operating. Do they have to collapse with everyone's money, before something is finally done?

http://themerkle.com/onecoin-ponzi-scheme-adjusts-tactics-to-recruit-more-members/

I've never heard of them Is OneCoin a kind of "company" or is it an actual digital coin? I wasn't able to get a sense of exactly what they are luring people into from the article.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 05:08:47 PM

I've never heard of them Is OneCoin a kind of "company" or is it an actual digital coin? I wasn't able to get a sense of exactly what they are luring people into from the article.

https://www.onecoin.eu/

I recommend reading some of the claims here:
https://www.onecoin.eu/page/details/opportunity

Disclaimer: Posting these links for informational purposes only and this is by no means a recommendation of any sort.

CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:23:22 PM

Our network currently has a hashrate that is 1/4 of the Litecoin network's! It's been around or over 200 GH/s for the past 6 hours!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2016, 06:07:41 PM

Our network currently has a hashrate that is 1/4 of the Litecoin network's! It's been around or over 200 GH/s for the past 6 hours!

Interesting,
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
That hashrate puts us pretty low on the profitability scale, we'll have to keep an eye on it.

CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:46:26 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2016, 09:18:11 PM by CryptoBroker79

This article underlines the importance of reaching out to lawmakers and regulators with educational material that can help inform them on the benefits of cryptocurrency. That way mutually beneficial legislation can be passed to protect the jurisdiction, while still allowing the industry to flourish. At this point the potential benefits of crypto far outweigh the risks, but thanks to mainstream media misinformation, it's highly unlikely that governing bodies are fully aware of this.
CryptoBroker79

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 08:52:00 PM

Blockchain Tech Enables Utah Republicans to Vote for Candidate

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/blockchain-tech-enables-utah-republicans-vote-candidate/

Registered members of the Republican party in Utah will be able to nominate a candidate for the United States Presidency by placing a vote without having to visit polling stations by submitting them via the internet at the party’s website. The votes will be submitted and secured on a blockchain.

For the first time ever in the United States, a state party has enabled voting via the internet. Members of the Utah Republican party will be able to cast their ballot to vote today for this year’s Republican presidential nominee by registering online at the party’s website.

The online voting infrastructure is secured and powered by Smartmatic, a British firm with experience in online voting solutions around the world.

Smartmatic will use a private blockchain along with end-to-end encryption, enabling registered Republicans in Utah to cast their vote online.

Once registered, users will each obtain a unique cryptographic key that they will need to enter online while casting a vote. Voters will also be able to learn about the candidates and change their ballot before submitting their vote. Once submitted however, the recorded vote is permanent and cannot be changed.

Mike Summers, program manager at Smartmatic and a key developer of its blockchain-based voting technology contends online voting is here to stay for the convenience that it offers and party members young and old are signing up in numbers. Indeed, a Wired report contends that 59,000 Utah Republicans have already registered online for casting their vote onto the blockchain.

Furthermore, Summers adds that the online voting system is secured against vote tampering, due to the implementation of the firm’s cryptographically secure blockchain.

Online voting also brings significant advantages over offline votes submitted toward a physical ballot, even more-so in a state like Utah. A significant majority of the state’s residents are members of the Church of Latter Day Saints, commonly known as Mormons. Mormons often spend several years abroad for missionary work and up till now, had to depend on postal voting which are fundamentally unreliable.

Missionaries, travelers, U.S. military service personnel and citizens abroad the country have had to rely on ballots sent over the mail. With online voting solutions that see votes registered and secured on a blockchain, the democratic voting process just got simpler.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:42:58 PM

Blockchain Tech Enables Utah Republicans to Vote for Candidate

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/blockchain-tech-enables-utah-republicans-vote-candidate/

Registered members of the Republican party in Utah will be able to nominate a candidate for the United States Presidency by placing a vote without having to visit polling stations by submitting them via the internet at the party’s website. The votes will be submitted and secured on a blockchain.

For the first time ever in the United States, a state party has enabled voting via the internet. Members of the Utah Republican party will be able to cast their ballot to vote today for this year’s Republican presidential nominee by registering online at the party’s website.

The online voting infrastructure is secured and powered by Smartmatic, a British firm with experience in online voting solutions around the world.

Smartmatic will use a private blockchain along with end-to-end encryption, enabling registered Republicans in Utah to cast their vote online.

Once registered, users will each obtain a unique cryptographic key that they will need to enter online while casting a vote. Voters will also be able to learn about the candidates and change their ballot before submitting their vote. Once submitted however, the recorded vote is permanent and cannot be changed.

Mike Summers, program manager at Smartmatic and a key developer of its blockchain-based voting technology contends online voting is here to stay for the convenience that it offers and party members young and old are signing up in numbers. Indeed, a Wired report contends that 59,000 Utah Republicans have already registered online for casting their vote onto the blockchain.

Furthermore, Summers adds that the online voting system is secured against vote tampering, due to the implementation of the firm’s cryptographically secure blockchain.

Online voting also brings significant advantages over offline votes submitted toward a physical ballot, even more-so in a state like Utah. A significant majority of the state’s residents are members of the Church of Latter Day Saints, commonly known as Mormons. Mormons often spend several years abroad for missionary work and up till now, had to depend on postal voting which are fundamentally unreliable.

Missionaries, travelers, U.S. military service personnel and citizens abroad the country have had to rely on ballots sent over the mail. With online voting solutions that see votes registered and secured on a blockchain, the democratic voting process just got simpler.

This is historic and a great use case. "Smartmatic will use a private blockchain" In this case, that is the most appropriate arrangement. It is for a specific group "Registered members of the Republican party in Utah" for a specific function "cast a vote". And best of all, one can vote from anywhere worldwide. The owner of one private key owns one vote. Once it is spent, confirmed, and recorded on the ledger, it is verifiable but can not be changed and manipulated or tampered. I can see how this could gain mass acceptance in the not so distance future. It will be great for the industry in terms of generating awareness.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 12:59:27 PM

Though I haven't spent much time researching their model, I steer far away from any MLM type schemes that rely on tiered recruitment.

They should rename it "MadoffCoin"  Grin

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:22:47 PM

It is a shame that we are still seeing a lot of questionable activities going on in our industry.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 02:48:12 PM

http://dcebrief.com/buying-bitcoin-in-canada-has-never-been-easier/

RJF19

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 02:51:27 PM

It is a shame that we are still seeing a lot of questionable activities going on in our industry.

Agreed but, lets take that a step or two further shall we? It's a shame we are still seeing a lot of questionable activities going on in the financial industry. I think we are pretty much following the curve in that regard. It takes a long time, longer than crypto has been in existence to shake out the obvious crooks and scams. And, even having done that, the less obvious and smarter schemes will always remain just under the radar. And this is something we have always lived with and, I fear, will always live with. Human nature is sometimes our worst enemy but, it can also be our best friend. Depends on what side your on...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:39:40 PM

Agreed but, lets take that a step or two further shall we? It's a shame we are still seeing a lot of questionable activities going on in the financial industry. I think we are pretty much following the curve in that regard. It takes a long time, longer than crypto has been in existence to shake out the obvious crooks and scams. And, even having done that, the less obvious and smarter schemes will always remain just under the radar. And this is something we have always lived with and, I fear, will always live with. Human nature is sometimes our worst enemy but, it can also be our best friend. Depends on what side your on...

Just discovered this - Cryptopreneurs Radio has been heavily involved in OneCoin since October. They are currently having a OneCoin-hour show because of the scam headlines.

Tough Talk Radio ‏@TTRNetwork  47m47 minutes ago Katy, TX
http://tobtr.com/s/8547909  #Cryptopreneurs #OneCoin @SusanKherkher @randystrain

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/toughtalkradionetwork/2016/03/23/cryptopreneurs-radio-with-tony-gambone-and-linda-ballesteros

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:07:16 PM

Just discovered this - Cryptopreneurs Radio has been heavily involved in OneCoin since October. They are currently having a OneCoin-hour show because of the scam headlines.

http://tobtr.com/s/8547909  #Cryptopreneurs #OneCoin @SusanKherkher @randystrain

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/toughtalkradionetwork/2016/03/23/cryptopreneurs-radio-with-tony-gambone-and-linda-ballesteros

That should be interesting. I'll put it on in the background.

RJF19

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:18:55 PM

All the signs are there staring these people in the face but they refuse to accept the truth.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/one-coin-much-scam-onecoin-exposed-as-global-mlm-ponzi-scheme

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:36:12 PM

All the signs are there staring these people in the face but they refuse to accept the truth.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/one-coin-much-scam-onecoin-exposed-as-global-mlm-ponzi-scheme

I hear you, RJF. We all live in a very challenging world with the good, the bad, and the ugly in terms of human behaviors. There are many things we are up against that we wish we can change, but will result in vain even if we try.  The best that we can do is to ensure that DNotes will provide a worthy alternative to those who believe that we will protect their best interest before ours.

RJF19

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 04:39:05 PM

I hear you, RJF. We all live in a very challenging world with the good, the bad, and the ugly in terms of human behaviors. There are many things we are up against that we wish we can change, but will result in vain even if we try.  The best that we can do is to ensure that DNotes will provide a worthy alternative to those who believe that we will protect their best interest before ours.

Well, we will see how long they last. This crap attracts lots negative attention to the crypto-currency industry, people are drawn to the bad news and then paint the whole industry with that brush. I wouldn't worry too much though, Bernie Madoff fleeced thousands with his scheme. Last time I checked, Wall Street was still there and prospering!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:49:47 PM

Well, we will see how long they last. This crap attracts lots negative attention to the crypto-currency industry, people are drawn to the bad news and then paint the whole industry with that brush. I wouldn't worry too much though, Bernie Madoff fleeced thousands with his scheme. Last time I checked, Wall Street was still there and prospering!

Absolutely!

By the way, about halfway in to the talk show. I can see why it has attracted them, essentially they want to be early adopters without having to learn exchanges and mining and wallets and security, and all the complexity that comes along with being a digital currency early adopter. They also talk about bitcoin and onecoin as if they are the same thing "bitcoin or onecoin or whatever you call it", I think they are a bit confused. In fact, I think if they knew DNotes like most of us here, they would likely be really interested.

The DNotes team does understand the complexity and confusion issue, and we are taking steps to remove most the complexity and confusion, but it will take some time before we can fully execute that plan.

Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: