Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:54:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 08:32:42 PM

Wup yesterday night i dont know how but my ac adaptor of Zeus miner was burned, im out the bussiness for this moment !!

Ill buy new conectors and ac stuff, but preffer  soldering ac cable direct to gridseed blade

please RJF19 i sent pm time ago about how to do it, machine have 3 pins, and i have couple of cables black and yellow ,,, that make a few possible combinations but maybe machine burn trying them, i think i read you have few miners running, if you tell me how to do it, will be cheaper and faster solution.

thanks in advance,.

DNotes in games, DNotes in books, DNotes growing, very promising work Smiley

i need dig DNotes!!!!!!! please help.

Cheesy

Sorry for the delay, busy time of year for me. Here's the pic showing where to solder the wires for the Gridseed Blades.

Don't let the connections get too hot and connect the negative (black, ground) wire to BOTH ground posts on the plug as shown.

thanks for the pic bro ,,,  what frecuency you use for not burn/hot connections?  700 mzh?

I run them at 800MHz  I recommend you bump the input voltage to 14 VDC if you can. That will lower the amp draw but keep the power the same while reducing heat at the connection points. Power factor actually stays constant but the Gridseeds seem to like the higher voltage/less current arrangement.

how i can bump to 14 vdc ?  im using modular ac 1050 watts

joning pool again

Glad to hear you are back up and running infovortice!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 10:02:38 PM

They are getting on board now, San Francisco Fed CEO: Crime Is Easier With Digital Currency

John C. Williams, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Calif., sees fintech as holding great promise for the financial system, but he also believes regulation plays an important role in allowing fintech to fulfill its potential.

Speaking to the LendIt USA 2016 conference in San Francisco, Williams said there are potential risks involved with new advances that regulators have to consider. LendIt USA is an online lending platform.

During his presentation [PDF], he cited the possibility that digital currency can be used to support criminal and terrorist activity.

[L]eft unbridled, the ease and anonymity of some types of fintech, such as digital currencies, have the potential to make criminal and terrorist activity even easier.

As a representative of the Fed District that is home to a technology hub that is considered the center of the tech universe, Williams said he is compelled to consider future obstacles.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:38:25 AM

This is a bit old, but there are some pretty cool startups in this list and the funding for some of them is huge.

39 of the coolest startups founded by women

http://www.businessinsider.com/39-of-the-coolest-startups-founded-by-women-2015-3?op=1

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 07:04:54 AM

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=EA927EA1-E098-4E62-8E61-DF55CBAC1649
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 02:21:20 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 4-15-2016

New Bitcoin Core Sponsorship Program Announced
Coinapult Bitcoin Solution for Telegram Network
New York’s itBit Ends Services to Texas Residents
Bitcoin Conference Prague Begins in May
Genesis Mining Highlights Opportunity for Bitcoin if Remittances to Mexico are Halted

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-4-15-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 02:41:11 PM

This is a bit old, but there are some pretty cool startups in this list and the funding for some of them is huge.

39 of the coolest startups founded by women

http://www.businessinsider.com/39-of-the-coolest-startups-founded-by-women-2015-3?op=1

There are some excellent ideas and very smart businesses in there. Between the Four Pillars of Business Success and CryptoMoms, would it be great if we could help these startups progress.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 03:03:22 PM

Thanks Mark! Reading carefully.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:04:37 PM

Every politician should take this course!

Euro Parliament to Host Blockchain & Virtual Currencies Crash Course

Over the course of next week, the European Parliament will host a four-day conference in an effort to educate members of the European Parliament about distributed ledgers and virtual currencies.

A non-commercial conference organized next week by the European Parliament is being put together to educate Members of European Parliament (MEPs) about the rapidly expanding and publicized fintech space. The conference and exhibition will specifically be focusing on blockchain and virtual currencies.

As reported by Finextra, the conference will see representatives from the likes of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Bank for International Settlements, the United Nations and Europol.

The exhibition will also have industry-experts and employees, from established companies to startups as well as representatives of central banks. Next week’s conference will include presentations and roundtable discussions from several participating attendees.

A representative from popular bitcoin web-wallet provider Blockchain.info will be addressing MEPs.

MEP Syed Kamall, the host of the event said:

I am pleased to be hosting the exhibition on blockchain and virtual currencies in the European Parliament. Legislators internationally are now looking at this area and how to protect the consumer while stimulating innovation.

Serving as a co-organizer, Kamall has collaborated with the European Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology Forum (EDCAB), a Belgian public policy platform.

Speaking about the need for strong, supporting policies by European policymakers toward digital currencies and blockchain innovation, Siân Jones, co-founder of Brussels-based EDCAB stated:

For a strong and comprehensive policy and regulatory framework, collaboration based on in-depth understanding of the technology and open debate is vital.

In Feb 2016, the European Parliament saw a motion issued by its Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) that summarized the risks and opportunities with virtual currencies and distributed ledger technology (DLT). CCN covered the motion in detail, and can be read here.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/euro-parliament-host-blockchain-virtual-currencies-crash-course/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:25:12 PM

Bitcoin Weekly Recap 4-15-2016

New Bitcoin Core Sponsorship Program Announced
Coinapult Bitcoin Solution for Telegram Network
New York’s itBit Ends Services to Texas Residents
Bitcoin Conference Prague Begins in May
Genesis Mining Highlights Opportunity for Bitcoin if Remittances to Mexico are Halted

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-weekly-recap-4-15-2016/

Excellent recap. It has been saving me a lot of time to stay informed and only zero in on articles I need to learn more.

The Texas Domestic MSB Memorandum was of interest. As much as the memorandum by itself did not appear to be too unreasonable, the implications of burdensome and costly regulatory and reporting compliance is obvious.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:34:32 PM

At first glance these recommendations don't appear to be so over the top, I'm sure we all saw this coming. Hopefully the regulations can be drafted in such a way that limits (and clearly defines) scope of authority; as to prevent potential infringement upon innocent people's rights.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:42:54 PM

Every politician should take this course!

Euro Parliament to Host Blockchain & Virtual Currencies Crash Course

Over the course of next week, the European Parliament will host a four-day conference in an effort to educate members of the European Parliament about distributed ledgers and virtual currencies.

A non-commercial conference organized next week by the European Parliament is being put together to educate Members of European Parliament (MEPs) about the rapidly expanding and publicized fintech space. The conference and exhibition will specifically be focusing on blockchain and virtual currencies.

As reported by Finextra, the conference will see representatives from the likes of the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Bank for International Settlements, the United Nations and Europol.

The exhibition will also have industry-experts and employees, from established companies to startups as well as representatives of central banks. Next week’s conference will include presentations and roundtable discussions from several participating attendees.

A representative from popular bitcoin web-wallet provider Blockchain.info will be addressing MEPs.

MEP Syed Kamall, the host of the event said:

I am pleased to be hosting the exhibition on blockchain and virtual currencies in the European Parliament. Legislators internationally are now looking at this area and how to protect the consumer while stimulating innovation.

Serving as a co-organizer, Kamall has collaborated with the European Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology Forum (EDCAB), a Belgian public policy platform.

Speaking about the need for strong, supporting policies by European policymakers toward digital currencies and blockchain innovation, Siân Jones, co-founder of Brussels-based EDCAB stated:

For a strong and comprehensive policy and regulatory framework, collaboration based on in-depth understanding of the technology and open debate is vital.

In Feb 2016, the European Parliament saw a motion issued by its Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON) that summarized the risks and opportunities with virtual currencies and distributed ledger technology (DLT). CCN covered the motion in detail, and can be read here.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/euro-parliament-host-blockchain-virtual-currencies-crash-course/

Education is always a good thing. So far a lot of the opinion expressed about Bitcoin, digital currency, and blockchain technology are often inaccurate or misguided. We will continue to do our part by ways of DCEBrief, DNotes Educational Apps and other means, including CryptoMoms and this forum.  It is easy to criticize, but we believe that it is more constructive to contribute to a viable solution. That is why we have reaching out to the masses by using different mediums.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 04:14:56 PM

Microsoft sues the U.S. over privacy

Microsoft on Thursday sued the U.S. government for the right to tell its customers when the government is looking at their emails, taking the baton from Apple in the battle for privacy.

Video:
http://mobile.reuters.com/video/2016/04/14/microsoft-sues-the-us-over-privacy?videoId=368118514
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 06:08:02 PM

Microsoft sues the U.S. over privacy

Microsoft on Thursday sued the U.S. government for the right to tell its customers when the government is looking at their emails, taking the baton from Apple in the battle for privacy.

Video:
http://mobile.reuters.com/video/2016/04/14/microsoft-sues-the-us-over-privacy?videoId=368118514

That makes a lot of sense. Privacy is a very hot topic in the US and citizens here have a right to privacy, at the very least the citizens should know exactly what is happening and how it impacts them.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 09:51:35 PM

Wup yesterday night i dont know how but my ac adaptor of Zeus miner was burned, im out the bussiness for this moment !!

Ill buy new conectors and ac stuff, but preffer  soldering ac cable direct to gridseed blade

please RJF19 i sent pm time ago about how to do it, machine have 3 pins, and i have couple of cables black and yellow ,,, that make a few possible combinations but maybe machine burn trying them, i think i read you have few miners running, if you tell me how to do it, will be cheaper and faster solution.

thanks in advance,.

DNotes in games, DNotes in books, DNotes growing, very promising work Smiley

i need dig DNotes!!!!!!! please help.

Cheesy

Guess your stuck with it then, no problem. With soldered connections more power will be available to the miner, should work fine...

Sorry for the delay, busy time of year for me. Here's the pic showing where to solder the wires for the Gridseed Blades.

Don't let the connections get too hot and connect the negative (black, ground) wire to BOTH ground posts on the plug as shown.

thanks for the pic bro ,,,  what frecuency you use for not burn/hot connections?  700 mzh?

I run them at 800MHz  I recommend you bump the input voltage to 14 VDC if you can. That will lower the amp draw but keep the power the same while reducing heat at the connection points. Power factor actually stays constant but the Gridseeds seem to like the higher voltage/less current arrangement.

how i can bump to 14 vdc ?  im using modular ac 1050 watts

joning pool again

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:10:41 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 11:52:16 PM by IMZ

Community Announcement

Safecex is down. 'We are interrupting our operations for some time.

We are having issues with our server provider. Servers are constantly crashing and we spent the last two weeks rebooting and fixing wallets. So we'll take some time (a few weeks maybe) to find a new host and redeploy.

In the meantime, you can withdraw your coins. Your withdraws may take up to 24 hours to process but they will all be processed. We havent lost any coin, we just cant run all wallets at once. If you dont withdraw, your coins will still be available when we reopen.'

EDIT: tee hee I had Yobits' link here. But it's: https://safecex.com/site/login

Unaccountably, I have a good feeling about how it will go; but this is the present situation.

Mark
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:46:51 PM

Interesting dispute on "Internet of Money" Trademark.

Bitcoin community disputes the use of 'Internet of Money'

Fintech company's trademark application angers prominent bitcoin figure

Some people in the bitcoin world—the believers still waving the flag for the leading digital currency, which is currently trading at $427—will tell you that the phrase “The Internet of Money” is widely understood as a reference to bitcoin and its underlying technology, the blockchain. But Uphold, a “cloud bank” startup that launched in 2014, will tell you it is their corporate slogan. It applied to register the phrase as its trademark for financial services back in September 2015 with the US Patent & Trademark Office, and is far along in the process.

Andreas Antonopoulos doesn’t like that. The cybersecurity expert and author of "Mastering Bitcoin" has waged a war with Uphold, encouraging his 47,000 Twitter followers to help him find the earliest uses of the words “Internet of money.” Uphold’s adoption of the slogan, he tells Yahoo Finance, “perverts the meaning of the phrase.”

The law is on Uphold’s side; there’s not much Antonopoulos can do to stop Uphold from getting its registration. But of all people, Antonopoulos is a loud enemy for a fintech company to have.

Read More:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-world-disputes-uphold-internet-of-money-andreas-antonopoulos-210907255.html
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:16:29 PM

Community Announcement

Safecex is down. 'We are interrupting our operations for some time.

We are having issues with our server provider. Servers are constantly crashing and we spent the last two weeks rebooting and fixing wallets. So we'll take some time (a few weeks maybe) to find a new host and redeploy.

In the meantime, you can withdraw your coins. Your withdraws may take up to 24 hours to process but they will all be processed. We havent lost any coin, we just cant run all wallets at once. If you dont withdraw, your coins will still be available when we reopen.'

https://yobit.net/en

Unaccountably, I have a good feeling about how it will go; but this is the present situation.

Mark

Sorry to hear about Safecex. I hope you will get your coins back.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 02:21:07 PM

Blockchain Weekly Recap 4-16-2016

R3 CEV Unveils Eight PoCs at New York Conference
TransActive Grid Brings Energy to the Blockchain
EU Parliament to Host Blockchain Tech Conference
Bitcoin/Blockchain Meetup Slated for Belarus
Standards Australia Sends Proposed Blockchain Standards to ISO
Life.SREDA’s Banking on Blockchain Fund Targets Mid-Size Financial Companies
Fed’s Brainard Strikes Positive Note on Blockchain

http://dcebrief.com/blockchain-weekly-recap-4-16-2016/

kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:44:08 PM

Looks like blockchain had a good week. Love the TransActive Grid energy solution idea, decentralize power, make it more competitive and cost effective while allowing everyone to participate.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 04:10:59 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 05:13:46 PM by DNotes

Looks like blockchain had a good week. Love the TransActive Grid energy solution idea, decentralize power, make it more competitive and cost effective while allowing everyone to participate.

Agreed kanus that is a very interesting concept and might help create more green power.

Pages: « 1 ... 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 [495] 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: