Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:21:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2016, 09:42:06 PM

Great article from blockchain.info's co-founder. Blockchain Co-Founder Nicolas Cary: You Can Be Your Own Bank

This is a particularly important topic:
"We are looking forward into the future and we think we are going to continue to be able to provide financial services for a millions of people around the world and there is no financial system on the planet that can compete with that today. The use-cases for a Bitcoin continue to evolve. Right now we see cross border payments as having a great potential, as well as digital payments for digital goods being very popular - people buying songs online, people buying digital content  and games, things like that".

He sees microtransactions as an interesting and evolving use-case of Bitcoin. However, it is still rare, because of the underdevelopment in fee-structures and scaling protocols.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 12:50:20 AM

Great article from blockchain.info's co-founder. Blockchain Co-Founder Nicolas Cary: You Can Be Your Own Bank

This is a particularly important topic:
"We are looking forward into the future and we think we are going to continue to be able to provide financial services for a millions of people around the world and there is no financial system on the planet that can compete with that today. The use-cases for a Bitcoin continue to evolve. Right now we see cross border payments as having a great potential, as well as digital payments for digital goods being very popular - people buying songs online, people buying digital content  and games, things like that".

He sees microtransactions as an interesting and evolving use-case of Bitcoin. However, it is still rare, because of the underdevelopment in fee-structures and scaling protocols.

Very good article,  the world needs a low cost vehicle for micro transactions that is fast and low cost and there is significant opportunity for a crypto that makes these transactions easy, coupled with wide spread adaption. 
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:14:41 AM

I'm sure I heard the phrase "internet of money" when referring to bitcoin in 2013, but I could be wrong. Does anyone else remember?

Bitcoin community disputes the use of 'Internet of Money'

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-world-disputes-uphold-internet-of-money-andreas-antonopoulos-210907255.html

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 02:19:57 AM

Community Announcement

Safecex is down. 'We are interrupting our operations for some time.

We are having issues with our server provider. Servers are constantly crashing and we spent the last two weeks rebooting and fixing wallets. So we'll take some time (a few weeks maybe) to find a new host and redeploy.

In the meantime, you can withdraw your coins. Your withdraws may take up to 24 hours to process but they will all be processed. We havent lost any coin, we just cant run all wallets at once. If you dont withdraw, your coins will still be available when we reopen.'

EDIT: tee hee I had Yobits' link here. But it's: https://safecex.com/site/login

Unaccountably, I have a good feeling about how it will go; but this is the present situation.

Mark

Bump: my withdrawal came through. Good sign.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 01:15:55 PM

Good morning. I am just dropping in to say hello to everyone. The book will be completed by next week and be ready for the final round of editing before publication. It is an amazing book for anyone in business, as well as employees interested in a successful career path.

Be sure to read the DNotes Story at DCEBrief or LinkedIn if you have not done so. http://dcebrief.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dnotes-story-unfolding-big-bold-idea-global-scale-part-alan-yong

On the technology side, I am already on the look-out for talents and potential partnership. There is some very interesting discussion going on. We have a very clear vision for DNotes. Our missions, goals and objectives are clearly defined. We are now fine-tuning our strategies and will continue to execute them effectively. We are always about aiming to be the best in class and doing the right thing at the right time. Our next phase is about identifying technology problems, challenges, and limitations and develop viable solutions to overcome them. The next few years will be immensely exciting. Stay tuned.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 03:19:39 PM

Digital Currency Weekly Recap 4-17-2016

Treacher to Join Ripple Team
ADCCA Prepares for May Unveiling of Industry Code of Conduct
NetCents Reveals New Multi-Currency Cryptocurrency Wallet
Crypto Exchange ShapeShift Claims Inside Job

http://dcebrief.com/digital-currency-weekly-recap-4-17-2016/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 03:48:45 PM

I'm sure I heard the phrase "internet of money" when referring to bitcoin in 2013, but I could be wrong. Does anyone else remember?

Bitcoin community disputes the use of 'Internet of Money'

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-world-disputes-uphold-internet-of-money-andreas-antonopoulos-210907255.html

Apparently so. Here is one I found.

https://startupboy.com/2013/11/07/bitcoin-the-internet-of-money/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2016, 03:49:06 PM

Community Announcement

Safecex is down. 'We are interrupting our operations for some time.

We are having issues with our server provider. Servers are constantly crashing and we spent the last two weeks rebooting and fixing wallets. So we'll take some time (a few weeks maybe) to find a new host and redeploy.

In the meantime, you can withdraw your coins. Your withdraws may take up to 24 hours to process but they will all be processed. We havent lost any coin, we just cant run all wallets at once. If you dont withdraw, your coins will still be available when we reopen.'

EDIT: tee hee I had Yobits' link here. But it's: https://safecex.com/site/login

Unaccountably, I have a good feeling about how it will go; but this is the present situation.

Mark

Bump: my withdrawal came through. Good sign.

Excellent, glad to hear it Mark.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:39:50 AM

Good morning. I am just dropping in to say hello to everyone. The book will be completed by next week and be ready for the final round of editing before publication. It is an amazing book for anyone in business, as well as employees interested in a successful career path.

Be sure to read the DNotes Story at DCEBrief or LinkedIn if you have not done so. http://dcebrief.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dnotes-story-unfolding-big-bold-idea-global-scale-part-alan-yong

On the technology side, I am already on the look-out for talents and potential partnership. There is some very interesting discussion going on. We have a very clear vision for DNotes. Our missions, goals and objectives are clearly defined. We are now fine-tuning our strategies and will continue to execute them effectively. We are always about aiming to be the best in class and doing the right thing at the right time. Our next phase is about identifying technology problems, challenges, and limitations and develop viable solutions to overcome them. The next few years will be immensely exciting. Stay tuned.

After reading the DNotes story I'm sure the book will draw in the right people to get more involved.  Looking forward to reading the ready I'd the book as well. 
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 04:05:03 AM

After reading the DNotes story I'm sure the book will draw in the right people to get more involved.  Looking forward to reading the ready I'd the book as well. 

It most certainly will,

We previously had a big list of potential upgrades didn't we? Some of them will have been technical in nature - or upgrades to the DNotes blockchain.

That is perhaps a conversation we should resume to on this forum - what do we think will be the most vital technical upgrades to the DNotes ecosystem / blockchain?

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 12:41:21 PM

It most certainly will,

We previously had a big list of potential upgrades didn't we? Some of them will have been technical in nature - or upgrades to the DNotes blockchain.

That is perhaps a conversation we should resume to on this forum - what do we think will be the most vital technical upgrades to the DNotes ecosystem / blockchain?

Thanks, TeeGee. That is a great idea. In the DNotes Story, you included a great quote from, "{Arnold H. Glasow probably said it best when he said “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.”}"

Now is the right time to develop a wish list for technology upgrades. Beginning the 2nd half of this year our major focus is on technology upgrades with strong emphasis on R&D related to our industry. We will examine known industry technical issues and limitations with an open mind and address the most appropriate ones with viable solutions.

Remember, we have very clear visions going forward. DNotes is being positioned to be the trusted digital currency for everyone world to participate with no barriers to small savers. DNotes will supplement, not replace, global fiat currencies. We will focus on the three main components: the currency, the global payment network system, and the under-pining blockchain technology, including smart contracts.

Wish List For Technology Upgrade:

1) Resolve scaling problems

2) Advanced Global Payment Network Systems with full security Suite and Mobile Applications.

3) Instant confirmation at checkout.

..........   You are encouraged to add to this list.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-moves-closer-to-mainstream-finance/

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:55:17 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 04:20:03 PM by RJF19

After reading the DNotes story I'm sure the book will draw in the right people to get more involved.  Looking forward to reading the ready I'd the book as well.  

It most certainly will,

Thanks, TeeGee. That is a great idea. In the DNotes Story, you included a great quote from, "{Arnold H. Glasow probably said it best when he said “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.”}"

Now is the right time to develop a wish list for technology upgrades. Beginning the 2nd half of this year our major focus is on technology upgrades with strong emphasis on R&D related to our industry. We will examine known industry technical issues and limitations with an open mind and address the most appropriate ones with viable solutions.

Remember, we have very clear visions going forward. DNotes is being positioned to be the trusted digital currency for everyone world to participate with no barriers to small savers. DNotes will supplement, not replace, global fiat currencies. We will focus on the three main components: the currency, the global payment network system, and the under-pining blockchain technology, including smart contracts.

2) Advanced Global Payment Network Systems with full security Suite and Mobile Applications.

..........   You are encouraged to add to this list.

1. A super simple, anyone can use it, wallet. A totally new design without all the more or less un-needed functions in the standard one.

2 .An API or hook that allows DNotes to be integrated with many/any software such as QuickBooks and payment systems.

3. Also integration with Chrome, Firefox and IE (Edge)

4. Direct conversion to other cryptos and fiat. I know the goal is to do away with these eventually but, for right now, it's still needed.

Oh, and one more, a Help Desk with a person at the other end. Novel idea in crypto but needed in finance.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 06:47:04 PM

After reading the DNotes story I'm sure the book will draw in the right people to get more involved.  Looking forward to reading the ready I'd the book as well.  

It most certainly will,

1. A super simple, anyone can use it, wallet. A totally new design without all the more or less un-needed functions in the standard one.

2 .An API or hook that allows DNotes to be integrated with many/any software such as QuickBooks and payment systems.

4. Direct conversion to other cryptos and fiat. I know the goal is to do away with these eventually but, for right now, it's still needed.

Oh, and one more, a Help Desk with a person at the other end. Novel idea in crypto but needed in finance.

Thank, you RJF. Nice additions. May have to sell a lot of books before adding a help desk, lol. 
Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:58:29 PM

It most certainly will,

Thank, you RJF. Nice additions. May have to sell a lot of books before adding a help desk, lol. 

I have read in several different places that the bitcoin conversion to fiat at point of sale is still an obstacle for many merchants. Just curious - who offers the best conversion system(?) and what could we do to beat it?

DNotes Vault - multi-signature account/wallet for charities and business

- is it possible to have a "DNotes accepted here" button as a selection through the vault? A certain address could be set up at your account that could be used for charity and fundraising (even small scale like kids sports teams), content tipping, etc, as well as advertising for DNotes. The button could be (one-step) copied to your blog, website, social media, etc. It could also be a good way for some people to also build their retirement account (fundraising for retirement not allowed - lol).

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 10:58:59 PM

It most certainly will,

I have read in several different places that the bitcoin conversion to fiat at point of sale is still an obstacle for many merchants. Just curious - who offers the best conversion system(?) and what could we do to beat it?

- is it possible to have a "DNotes accepted here" button as a selection through the vault? A certain address could be set up at your account that could be used for charity and fundraising (even small scale like kids sports teams), content tipping, etc, as well as advertising for DNotes. The button could be (one-step) copied to your blog, website, social media, etc. It could also be a good way for some people to also build their retirement account (fundraising for retirement not allowed - lol).

That's a really good idea Chase - it seems relatively simple to put together, and kinda ties into RJF's point about integrating it into Chrome / Firefox etc. I wonder if it would be difficult to have it so that each session of Firefox can be tied to a DNotesVault account or whatever. It is not a bad intermediary step towards the end goals of a massive upgrade. It could be geared for more near term.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 02:44:50 AM

It most certainly will,

That's a really good idea Chase - it seems relatively simple to put together, and kinda ties into RJF's point about integrating it into Chrome / Firefox etc. I wonder if it would be difficult to have it so that each session of Firefox can be tied to a DNotesVault account or whatever. It is not a bad intermediary step towards the end goals of a massive upgrade. It could be geared for more near term.

Excellent suggestions everyone! I will keep track of these.

RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:59:08 PM

It most certainly will,

Shoot for the Moon they used to say...   Cheesy

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:52:46 PM

It most certainly will,

Shoot for the Moon they used to say...   Cheesy

I trust that you are referring to the book. It has a good shot at it. The book is written with deep  passion to be helpful to entrepreneurs, as well as any employees; in short very broad-based audience.  It is expected to bring about great awareness and credibility for DNotes. That is what we need to gain mass acceptance. You will be one of the first few to get a finished copy, pending final editing. Give us your honest review after you have a chance to go through it. Anyone else interested to get a sneak peek version may pm me with your email. Check out the book summary and name two chapters you are most interested in:  https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/
infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 01:58:15 PM

mmm maybe a cloud mining platform owned by DNotes for vault users.

or more radical protocol/algo change to DPOS like protoshares its ecologic and i think match perfectly with DNotes market sector, always can be mined in multipools, and can deal delegates with potencial parthners.

own exchange just for trade it for another moar popular coins, just simple one to keep integrated with other alts comunities

Some kind mechanism to give rights to other person just the case a fatality not loose coins

predefined models or assesoration department to help bussiness adding/use DNotes features

some kind of vote to heard customers/comunity/holders thinking

DNotes raspi plug and play, so people if wanna  help decentralice network, and maybe a special private pool just for them with bonuses

i got this error in web book
Conexión segura fallida

Ha ocurrido un error durante una conexión a fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com. El servidor OCSP sugiere que lo intente de nuevo más tarde. Código de error: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_TRY_SERVER_LATER

Pages: « 1 ... 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 [496] 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: