Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
NiceDev

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:00:06 PM

If this is true - which it potentially is given the Gavin Adresen evidence (unless it is be an elaborate ploy to confuse in conjunction with Nakamoto), it will not come as a surprise to everybody.

Craig Wright revealed as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto

"Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has publicly identified himself as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto.
His admission ends years of speculation about who came up with the original ideas underlying the digital cash system.

Mr Wright has provided technical proof to back up his claim using coins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator.
Prominent members of the Bitcoin community and its core development team have also confirmed Mr Wright's claim."

Read more:

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36168863

Coindesk and other media are pointing to doubts about the evidence provided however:

http://www.coindesk.com/doubts-cast-craig-wright-bitcoin-proof/

All pretty irrelevant at the end of the day -- It seems like when you light a fire near a rabbit hole so that the rabbit will move and exit another hole where it can be caught. Interesting - but maybe we should all get back to fixing the worlds money creation problem? Exciting things ahead.

Quite convincing, but may be best to remain open minded. I trust that we all have been fooled by the media more than once. I am most interested to learn about potential implications to our industry if this claim turns out to be true.

Interesting that Gavin backed the claim that he believed this to be Satoshi.

Yes but that makes me feel even more confused.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 05:15:27 PM

If this is true - which it potentially is given the Gavin Adresen evidence (unless it is be an elaborate ploy to confuse in conjunction with Nakamoto), it will not come as a surprise to everybody.

"Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright has publicly identified himself as Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto.
His admission ends years of speculation about who came up with the original ideas underlying the digital cash system.

Mr Wright has provided technical proof to back up his claim using coins known to be owned by Bitcoin's creator.
Prominent members of the Bitcoin community and its core development team have also confirmed Mr Wright's claim."

Read more:

Coindesk and other media are pointing to doubts about the evidence provided however:

All pretty irrelevant at the end of the day -- It seems like when you light a fire near a rabbit hole so that the rabbit will move and exit another hole where it can be caught. Interesting - but maybe we should all get back to fixing the worlds money creation problem? Exciting things ahead.

Quite convincing, but may be best to remain open minded. I trust that we all have been fooled by the media more than once. I am most interested to learn about potential implications to our industry if this claim turns out to be true.

Welcome to the DNotes thread, NiceDev!

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:18:22 PM

Read more:

Yes, in my view that is the only piece of information that gives the story any credibility. I may not have touched on that part.

Tinfoil hate goes back on - Gavin is either convinced that Wright is Satoshi, OR, he is also working in collusion with Satoshi to fool the world to Satoshi's benefit, or worst case, he is being coerced by another party against his wishes to back the claim.

We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks - the good thing is, is that this won't affect blockchain as a technology in any way.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 10:23:46 PM

Federal Reserve Bank of New York board member Glenn Hutchins on why bitcoin is also important:

Glenn Hutchins: Blockchain is Good, Bitcoin is Important

http://www.coindesk.com/glenn-hutchins-bitcoin-xxxx/?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2016, 10:46:52 PM

Federal Reserve Bank of New York board member Glenn Hutchins on why bitcoin is also important:

Glenn Hutchins: Blockchain is Good, Bitcoin is Important

http://www.coindesk.com/glenn-hutchins-bitcoin-xxxx/?

Pretty interesting way to look at it "Disconnected from the digital currency, blockchain exists more like an intranet. Intranet was quite important, but the transformative value was only when all those intranets were connected into an Internet."

Hutchins indicated that bitcoins could come to serve as the "boxcars" for finance, comparing distributed ledgers to the new "railroads" in terms of how they could enable economic development.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 01:50:29 PM

Hi i was talking with a friend to mine and send to retirement plan, but im not sure how it run, i mean i start a retirement plan in 1/1/2015 ,,, but all weeks i send 550 extra DNotes from minning to my plan

So i recover all my deposits in plan in 2019 or each deposit has his own expire date ?

haha sorry my english hope you understand the question ?

another one is date to buy alan book, and if is going to be posible buy it with DNotes ?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 02:15:00 PM

Hi i was talking with a friend to mine and send to retirement plan, but im not sure how it run, i mean i start a retirement plan in 1/1/2015 ,,, but all weeks i send 550 extra DNotes from minning to my plan

So i recover all my deposits in plan in 2019 or each deposit has his own expire date ?

another one is date to buy alan book, and if is going to be posible buy it with DNotes ?

Hey infovortice, once you setup an account, you can add to it at any time but the date of release for the total funds of that account won't change.

We don't have a set date as of yet, but the kickstarter should be up at the end of this week. We will have a separate account on the DNotesVault specifically for purchasing a digital copy of the book, and those funds will be set aside for upcoming DNotes projects.

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 02:17:45 PM

Hey infovortice, once you setup an account, you can add to it at any time but the date of release for the total funds of that account won't change.

We don't have a set date as of yet, but the kickstarter should be up at the end of this week. We will have a separate account on the DNotesVault specifically for purchasing a digital copy of the book, and those funds will be set aside for upcoming DNotes projects.

hou hou hou ,,, good to know , thanks for quick response i just tell back to my friend now and suggest come here and say hi to comunitty
can wait 1 week moar for the book Cheesy
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 02:29:33 PM

http://dcebrief.com/applications-for-blockchain-pharmaceutical-industry/

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:49:06 AM

And so the saga continues but I agree that, " if Dr Wright can move one of Satoshi's bitcoins - as promised - that should convince many of the doubters.

But don't expect everybody to be convinced
."

The Bitcoin affair: Craig Wright promises extraordinary proof

Rory Cellan-Jones
Technology correspondent

Craig Wright's spokesman told the BBC that the Australian would "move a coin from an early block" known to belong to the crypto-currency's inventor "in the coming days".

The entrepreneur announced he was behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto on Monday.
Critics have said that the evidence produced to date is unconvincing.

In a new blog - published after I first wrote this article - Dr Wright said it was right that the public was sceptical about his claims, but added that he would soon present "extraordinary" evidence to support his case.

"I will be posting a series of pieces that will lay the foundations for this extraordinary claim, which will include posting independently-verifiable documents and evidence addressing some of the false allegations that have been levelled, and transferring bitcoin from an early block," he wrote.

"For some there is no burden of proof high enough, no evidence that cannot be dismissed as fabrication or manipulation. This is the nature of belief and swimming against this current would be futile.
"I will present what I believe to be 'extraordinary proof' and ask only that it be independently validated. Ultimately, I can do no more than that."

You can read the strongest attack on Dr Wright in this post on Github, where his original post was described as "flimflam and hokum which stands up to a few minutes of cursory scrutiny, and demonstrates a competent sysadmin's level of familiarity with cryptographic tools, but ultimately demonstrates no non-public information about Satoshi."

Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36193006
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 01:11:44 AM

We are extremely busy getting ready to launch the Kickstarter campaign for the book later this week. Any extra efforts to help support this forum will be greatly appreciated. We will be posting more information later in the week. Meanwhile, you can read a fairly comprehensive chapter summation of the book at: https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/book-preview/

I trust that this book will be invaluable to many employers, employees, and anyone interested to start their own business. I have passionately made every effort for it to be a great inspiration and guidance for every entrepreneur. It is my intent to be helpful to anyone I can help. There are too many people struggling just to stay afloat.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:06:13 AM

Perfect timing for the Kickstarter - this week is National Small Business Week!

National Small Business Week Celebrates the American Entrepreneurial Spirit

Read more at http://www.business2community.com/small-business/national-small-business-week-celebrates-american-entrepreneurial-spirit-01531192#lkwz2MbSwwjk6evU.99

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:41:12 AM

Read more at http://www.business2community.com/small-business/national-small-business-week-celebrates-american-entrepreneurial-spirit-01531192#lkwz2MbSwwjk6evU.99

Thanks, Chase. Good to know that SBA has been trying a little harder these days. The book will be a significant help to many small business owners. I am gearing up to give it a big push.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 02:53:19 AM

From CryptoMoms Forum:

Quote from: indiamikezulu on Today at 01:38:26 AM

I'll follow this with interest, Shepherd.

And my thoughts on the Aussie Satoshi? Well, perhaps we could all take turns claiming to be him, and use each opportunity to explain cryptos to the mainstream media:

'Press Release: Farm-House Guy Claims to be Bitcoin's Inventor. Likes gardening and watching emus. Says Bitcoin is good but Dnotes is better. Details at nine.'

Quote From Shepherd Today:

Very funny, Mark. Should I try and see if I have a "Satoshi" looking picture somewhere? You could claim that you met me years ago in the Indonesian Borneo jungle ..bah bah, bah, ... lol.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:41:16 PM

http://dcebrief.com/has-the-industry-finally-solved-cryptocurrencys-main-problem/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:42:21 PM

Awesome! Couldn't be better timing.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 03:15:59 PM

Excellent article, Thomas. Like everything else, it takes time and scale to finally get there. Frictionless acquisition and payment features with great security and in full compliance with regulatory requirements are the ideals. That is our vision but it will take years to get there. In the mean time, there are lots of great ideas being tested and we are keeping a careful watch. I was impressed to learn this morning that one can purchase $5 of "Game" (Game Credits) using Paypal any time. Great job to our friends at GMC.
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:29:27 PM

You know the gender gap in cryptocurrency is shrinking when:

CryptoMoms Twitter follower - Caitlin Long ‏@caitlinflong

"WOW!  There's a line for the women's room at a #bitcoin conference--this may be a first!  Yay!! #Consensus2016"

Grin Grin

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 04:41:29 PM

"WOW!  There's a line for the women's room at a #bitcoin conference--this may be a first!  Yay!! #Consensus2016"

Grin Grin

Very nice! Moving in the right direction!

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 05:02:25 PM

Grin Grin

Very nice! Moving in the right direction!

That is excellent. We will continue to do our part.
Pages: « 1 ... 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: