Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOTE]DNotes - Celebrating DNotes 3rd Birthday - Forum Now Open  (Read 814498 times)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 07:23:59 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2016, 07:45:36 PM by DNotes

Here are some Banners I am working on. Feel free to comment / make suggestions. If you have a site you would like to advertise them on, feel free to use them and pick your favorite.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:40:58 PM

Our efforts and focus at the moment is to promote The Four Pillars of Business Success to make this KickStarter a success. If you enjoy the book and want to help promote it, here is a list of things you can do over the next 25 days.

-Share your thoughts about the book, whether it is on social media or email, when talking with your friends, or in casual conversation. If you haven't already received the unedited copy of the book, I will offer at least a couple chapters for you to read over, just email me.

-Like and share content on the Four Pillars of Business Success facebook page for the website. As well as the page itself. Watch for new content.
https://www.facebook.com/Four-Pillars-of-Business-Success-774136606020431/

-Like and share content on Alan's Author facebook page for the website. As well as the page itself. Watch for new content.
https://www.facebook.com/alanyongfourpillars/

-Use the share buttons on the kickstarter and support the kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124571891/the-four-pillars-of-business-success-book-by-alan

-I will also be creating a twitter account, having a bit of trouble with that at the moment. But I will keep you updated. For now you re-tweet and favorite related posts:
https://twitter.com/search?q=Four%20Pillars%20of%20Business%20Success%20since%3A2016-04-01&src=typd

-Follow Alan on LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alan-yong-9b2707a5
You can watch for his posts, comment like and share.
https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/0_1L6kZZmlo4-zyudRcVo58w?trk=prof-sm

These are great ways for everyone to pitch in, help out, and contribute to the success of DNotes! Would you like me to message this list to our DNotes stakeholders that haven't posted in a while - they may not even be aware of what is going on?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:04:34 PM

Here are some Banners I am working on. Feel free to comment / make suggestions. If you have a site you would like to advertise them on, feel free to use them and pick your favorite.

They are all great, but my favorites are the ones with a book quote.

Is The Four Pillars of Business Success website ready for members? If it is, can we also share information about it along with the book? Just to let people know that they are getting more than just a fantastic book.  Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 08:39:26 PM

Our efforts and focus at the moment is to promote The Four Pillars of Business Success to make this KickStarter a success. If you enjoy the book and want to help promote it, here is a list of things you can do over the next 25 days.

-Share your thoughts about the book, whether it is on social media or email, when talking with your friends, or in casual conversation. If you haven't already received the unedited copy of the book, I will offer at least a couple chapters for you to read over, just email me.

-Like and share content on the Four Pillars of Business Success facebook page for the website. As well as the page itself. Watch for new content.

-Like and share content on Alan's Author facebook page for the website. As well as the page itself. Watch for new content.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124571891/the-four-pillars-of-business-success-book-by-alan

-I will also be creating a twitter account, having a bit of trouble with that at the moment. But I will keep you updated. For now you re-tweet and favorite related posts:
https://twitter.com/search?q=Four%20Pillars%20of%20Business%20Success%20since%3A2016-04-01&src=typd

-Follow Alan on LinkedIn

These are great ways for everyone to pitch in, help out, and contribute to the success of DNotes! Would you like me to message this list to our DNotes stakeholders that haven't posted in a while - they may not even be aware of what is going on?

Sounds like a great idea Chase!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2016, 08:40:56 PM

Is The Four Pillars of Business Success website ready for members? If it is, can we also share information about it along with the book? Just to let people know that they are getting more than just a fantastic book.  Grin

The membership site is all setup and ready for people to join, there just isn't much in terms of content as of yet so we haven't really started promoting it.

TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 11:01:15 PM

The membership site is all setup and ready for people to join, there just isn't much in terms of content as of yet so we haven't really started promoting it.

Other way people can help:

Write an article about their skill sets and how they could apply to making a business successful!

IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:00:51 AM

Coupla years ago, spoke to an Australian student: works at McDoo Burger to pay the rent; uncritically regurgitates whatever is said in lectures; sleeps on the bus between McDoo and McUniversity.

Brave new nation!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:10:19 AM

Us IndiaMikeZulu guys are presently engaged in a discourse about cryptos' buy-sell splits*, which tell you a great deal about the general health of a coin. Time and again I've noted how tight Dnotes' always is. At this second: 1310-1277, 1299-1111, 1284-1192.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

*Tee hee: and I feel rotten 'cause I actually need to sell a teaspoon of NOTE, on C-CEX, to 'prime the pump.' Gotta organise some Bitcoin for the inbox!
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 05:00:49 AM

Us IndiaMikeZulu guys are presently engaged in a discourse about cryptos' buy-sell splits*, which tell you a great deal about the general health of a coin. Time and again I've noted how tight Dnotes' always is. At this second: 1310-1277, 1299-1111, 1284-1192.

*Tee hee: and I feel rotten 'cause I actually need to sell a teaspoon of NOTE, on C-CEX, to 'prime the pump.' Gotta organise some Bitcoin for the inbox!

DNotes has been holding quite steady for a while, which is a good thing.

Mark, we know that you have been trying very hard to support DNotes. To trade; you buy and sell at times. So it's no problem. I am looking forward to the day when there is great liquidity for DNotes. Thank you all for your support in the mean time.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:00:07 AM

DNotes has been holding quite steady for a while, which is a good thing.

Mark, we know that you have been trying very hard to support DNotes. To trade; you buy and sell at times. So it's no problem. I am looking forward to the day when there is great liquidity for DNotes. Thank you all for your support in the mean time.

I'll buy it if you want Mark.

Got a little bit of Bitcoin I found checking a wallet from more than a year ago that I thought was empty. Smiley

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 01:43:48 PM

So... is he, or isn't he? The saga makes for interesting reading for the masses.  Wink

Satoshi Nakamoto Outs Himself As Craig Steven Wright

"He knew he wanted nothing to do with that which he created – his Frankenstein – the minute Gavin visited the CIA. Not long before that, when WikiLeaks turned to Bitcoin after Visa and Mastercard shut off their account, he knew the “stampede” was coming. He knew that if he stuck around the questions would be unending and he might lose his freedom over it."

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/satoshi-nakamoto-craig-steven-wright/

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:07:02 PM

So... is he, or isn't he? The saga makes for interesting reading for the masses.  Wink

Satoshi Nakamoto Outs Himself As Craig Steven Wright

"He knew he wanted nothing to do with that which he created – his Frankenstein – the minute Gavin visited the CIA. Not long before that, when WikiLeaks turned to Bitcoin after Visa and Mastercard shut off their account, he knew the “stampede” was coming. He knew that if he stuck around the questions would be unending and he might lose his freedom over it."

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/satoshi-nakamoto-craig-steven-wright/

The author of the article is a good writer. I am withholding all other credits. It is not difficult to verify the truth, but consistently complicated, confusing, perhaps even mind draining to manufacture truth out of something else.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 03:37:17 PM

http://dcebrief.com/an-integrated-network-for-digital-currency/

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 07:05:17 PM

The former commissioner on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission Bart Chilton, can see the potential of bitcoin and blockchain technology and has a message for Obama:

Obama needs to make a move on bitcoin now

Since the digital currency bitcoin and blockchain (the underlying technology) burst onto the scene in 2009, serious skepticism and palpable passion have played equal roles. Many bitcoin devotees wanted little to do with government legislators or regulators and regulators were dubious of this new currency.

Since 2014, however, we've seen a serious and significant shift among government officials and within the bitcoin/blockchain community. The Securities and Exchange Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission have approved certain bitcoin/blockchain-related activities under their jurisdictions. The Internal Revenue Service has opined that digital currencies such as bitcoin are taxed as "property." The Chamber of Digital Commerce opened its doors in Washington, DC, about two years ago and has made huge strides in helping public policy makers understand the potential promise of blockchain technology. While these are all affirmative steps for the disruptive industry and for consumers/investors, more needs to be done.

When the internet was being developed, an effort and initiative by the Clinton administration to ensure that the fledgling idea would not be overly regulated was put in place — the 1997 Framework for Global Electronic Commerce. The point: to ensure laws and regulation would not negatively impact innovation. Current CFTC Commissioner Chris Giancarlo recently (and rightly) called for such protection for digital currency. President Obama should heed the call. 

To make matters more complicated, many regulations in the U.S. are actually state-level guidelines as they relate to what are termed "money transmitters." Without some proactive step(s), such as a self-regulatory organization (SRO) and/or word from on high by the president, the U.S. could lose out on what are potentially enormous economic benefits.

With an available supply of more than 15.5 million bitcoins, the digital currency now has a market capitalization of nearly US$7 billion, according an estimate by market-data site CoinCap. That's to say nothing of the colossal commercial value of blockchain endeavors which could help fuel-inject the economic engine of our democracy.

The blockchain itself holds untold promise and potential for revolutionizing everything from banking and trading exchanges to real estate — even electronic voting.

The European Union has developed a business-friendly regulatory regime for e-money and authorized payment institutions, which can operate across EU member states under the so-called "passport" system. This approach stands in clear contrast with our fragmented state-by-state regulation of equivalent U.S. institutions.

There is a huge opportunity that can be tapped into if U.S. government officials and industry thought-leaders establish an appropriate balance between basic consumer protection regulation and an openness which not only permits, but fosters and promotes, innovation. We did it with the internet — and we need to do it now with virtual currencies like bitcoin.
Commentary by Bart Chilton, former commissioner on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. He is currently a senior policy advisor at the global law firm DLA Piper. He is also the author of "Ponzimonium: How Scam Artists Are Ripping Off America."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/11/obama-needs-to-make-a-move-on-bitcoin-now-bart-chilton-commentary.html

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2016, 07:50:19 PM

The former commissioner on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission Bart Chilton, can see the potential of bitcoin and blockchain technology and has a message for Obama:

Obama needs to make a move on bitcoin now

Since the digital currency bitcoin and blockchain (the underlying technology) burst onto the scene in 2009, serious skepticism and palpable passion have played equal roles. Many bitcoin devotees wanted little to do with government legislators or regulators and regulators were dubious of this new currency.

Since 2014, however, we've seen a serious and significant shift among government officials and within the bitcoin/blockchain community. The Securities and Exchange Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission have approved certain bitcoin/blockchain-related activities under their jurisdictions. The Internal Revenue Service has opined that digital currencies such as bitcoin are taxed as "property." The Chamber of Digital Commerce opened its doors in Washington, DC, about two years ago and has made huge strides in helping public policy makers understand the potential promise of blockchain technology. While these are all affirmative steps for the disruptive industry and for consumers/investors, more needs to be done.

When the internet was being developed, an effort and initiative by the Clinton administration to ensure that the fledgling idea would not be overly regulated was put in place — the 1997 Framework for Global Electronic Commerce. The point: to ensure laws and regulation would not negatively impact innovation. Current CFTC Commissioner Chris Giancarlo recently (and rightly) called for such protection for digital currency. President Obama should heed the call. 

To make matters more complicated, many regulations in the U.S. are actually state-level guidelines as they relate to what are termed "money transmitters." Without some proactive step(s), such as a self-regulatory organization (SRO) and/or word from on high by the president, the U.S. could lose out on what are potentially enormous economic benefits.

With an available supply of more than 15.5 million bitcoins, the digital currency now has a market capitalization of nearly US$7 billion, according an estimate by market-data site CoinCap. That's to say nothing of the colossal commercial value of blockchain endeavors which could help fuel-inject the economic engine of our democracy.

The blockchain itself holds untold promise and potential for revolutionizing everything from banking and trading exchanges to real estate — even electronic voting.

The European Union has developed a business-friendly regulatory regime for e-money and authorized payment institutions, which can operate across EU member states under the so-called "passport" system. This approach stands in clear contrast with our fragmented state-by-state regulation of equivalent U.S. institutions.

There is a huge opportunity that can be tapped into if U.S. government officials and industry thought-leaders establish an appropriate balance between basic consumer protection regulation and an openness which not only permits, but fosters and promotes, innovation. We did it with the internet — and we need to do it now with virtual currencies like bitcoin.
Commentary by Bart Chilton, former commissioner on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. He is currently a senior policy advisor at the global law firm DLA Piper. He is also the author of "Ponzimonium: How Scam Artists Are Ripping Off America."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/11/obama-needs-to-make-a-move-on-bitcoin-now-bart-chilton-commentary.html

I'm not sure a move from Obama now would result in favorable action for the growth of the industry but I remain cautiously optimistic.

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:05:12 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 01:25:04 AM by Dyna

We all can use a helping hand sometime:

As we continue to strive for a better life, at times in frustration and a feeling of helplessness, let us agree on one simple truth: where you are right now matters far less than where you are going from here. There is little that can be done to regain missed opportunities or retroactively correct the mistakes made in the past.

However, with an awareness of our shortcomings, willingness, and commitment to change, we can learn from history and the mistakes of the past. We can also gain deep knowledge and wisdom from others who have gone down the same path and beyond. This book honors those who have already achieved everything that they desire in life and in business, but is specifically written for those whose aspirations remain just beyond their grasp.

I do not believe that long term business success is an accident or the result of good fortune. If you have already achieved great success, then you and your employees must have done many things right. I deeply respect you for your accomplishment.

However, for those who have yet to achieve their objectives, including anyone whose business still has room for dramatic improvement, this book should prove thoughtful, insightful, and helpful. This is a book written specifically for startups, small business owners and their management teams (companies ranging in size from new startups to 500 employees), and can provide them with the help and guidance they need to gain the success for which they strive. If that sounds like you - if you’re passionate about what you are doing and desire nothing more than to obtain the type of business mastery that will help you be the true architect of your company’s success, then read on.

Furthermore, since employees are one of the key pillars of business success, this book is also written with them in mind. They will find helpful information, meaningful insights, and inspiration; all of which can help them to become better employees with a deeper understanding and appreciation of what it will take for the business to succeed. As a result, they will have ample opportunities to contribute to the success of the business, thereby, making it easier for them to align themselves with the company's missions, goals, and objectives. Ultimately, this will help employees enjoy greater success in their career.

Additionally, I have made a persuasive case to replace the much disliked traditional “Employee Performance Review” with “Mutual Goals Review” that is significantly more rewarding and collaborative in promoting employees’ career advancement than the subjective grading of employee weaknesses. It serves the mutual interest of both the company and the employees with a unified purpose of fulfilling the company’s goals, missions, and the ultimate vision.

I want you to take a moment and envision yourself either designing or redesigning your company. As you do so, imagine that you are creating a complete and functioning system with a multitude of subsystems and component parts. Now imagine that this system you’re creating is somehow disordered to the point where some of those components are not working properly, causing those subsystems to fail to work in harmony with one another. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, doesn’t it? Unfortunately, that lack of harmony and disordered component parts is a common feature of many new business enterprises. All too often, even the most energetic entrepreneurs fail to give enough attention to the finer details of the company’s design before they launch their business ventures.

In order for that imagined system to operate as it should every component has to work as designed, in unison with every other component, each fulfilling its essential role within the various subsystems that make up the whole of your operation. They must be unified in purpose, efficient, and capable of performing at optimal levels on a consistent basis. When you have a company that can achieve those standards, then you have a company that can achieve almost any goal.

Stay tuned for more ....
Meanwhile, support my Kickstarter campaign and pledge as little as $5. Many small business owners are struggling and need help. Please join me in my quest to get the word out.

Visit:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/124571891/the-four-pillars-of-business-success-book-by-alan

For more about the book including chapter summation visit:https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:29:45 PM

This is a good report describing the state of our industry. None of the data and conclusions surprised me.

As in any business, it always takes longer, has more problems, and cost more. My most common advice is: 1) Don't just jump in to be a "me too" 2) Learn all you can about the industry including its strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats. (SWOT)  3) Identify others' mistakes and decide how you would do it differently. When is the most opportune time to do ... what you are working on. Trails and errors are very expensive and 60% of the time during the first five years of startups are crippling and fatal.

The report centers on 1) Bitcoin (Currency/Payments), 2) Blockchain (Non-currency). and 3) Hybrid (both)

Fair enough. Then DNotes is a Hybrid ... and a bit more. Have we confused you with DNotes Global, Inc, and the book yet? If you are don't worry, you are probably not alone. When things are done outside the box, it is harder to understand unless you follow us closely. If you read the book or at least read about the DNotes Story and the chapter summation of the book, you will get a much better idea.

We absolutely believe that the only Killer App potential is the digital currency. Why "POTENTIAL"? By itself, it is not enough to make it a Killer App. It takes years and an enormous amount investment, branding, good will, and infrastructure to gain mass acceptance for it to become a KILLER APP.

Well, meanwhile blockchain has been branded as a large offering of snake oils with blue sky potentials. However, at this time I can not use up each of my fingers to represent each use case that I would give my lunch money to invest.  May be the bankers know a little more about the blockchain technology than I do. Remote, but possible.

http://dcebrief.com/?s=DNotes+Story

https://fourpillarsofbusinesssuccess.com/

“Splitting industry observers is a key question – Are we just short distance (1-2 years) away from witnessing the radical, transformative effects of blockchain technology? Or is five to 10 years a more realistic timeframe before blockchain technology fully matures and achieves wide adoption?”

“As of Q1 2016, total venture capital investment in bitcoin and blockchain startups now exceeds $1.1bn."

"Perhaps more importantly, Q1 saw a sharp reversal in the multi-quarter downward investment trend, with both total investment and average deal size rebounding in the early months of the new year.”

State of Blockchain Q1 2016: Blockchain Funding Overtakes Bitcoin

Garrick Hileman (@garrickhileman) | Published on May 11, 2016 at 15:15 BST

CoinDesk’s Q1 2016 State of Blockchain report summarizes key trends, data and events from the first quarter of 2016.

As blockchain hype begins to subside and entrepreneurs and organizations get down to the business of implementation and execution, a new debate has emerged over timing.

Splitting industry observers is a key question – Are we just short distance (1-2 years) away from witnessing the radical, transformative effects of blockchain technology? Or is five to 10 years a more realistic timeframe before blockchain technology fully matures and achieves wide adoption?

Nearly two-and-a-half years have now passed since Marc Andreessen penned a widely referencedNew York Times op-ed about how bitcoin reminded him of the Internet circa 1993. His forecast suggested that it would be only a few short years before the blockchain-equivalent of Web 1.0 world-beating companies like Cisco would emerge.

In contrast, a string of voices, ranging from author and consultant Chris Skinner to financial institutions such as Morgan Stanley, have suggested that blockchain maturity and adoption is likely to take much longer than Andreessen's forecast.

In other words (and to stay with the Internet analogy), the skeptics would say blockchain adoption is actually closer to 1970s-80s Internet time, when foundational protocols like TCP/IP were invented, rather early-1990s Internet time.

Who's correct in this debate remains to be seen, but the stakes are incredibly high for an industry with over $1bn in venture capital investment.

Amidst this backdrop, we review some key trends from the quarter that was:
Venture bounce back

As of Q1 2016, total venture capital investment in bitcoin and blockchain startups now exceeds $1.1bn.
Perhaps more importantly, Q1 saw a sharp reversal in the multi-quarter downward investment trend, with both total investment and average deal size rebounding in the early months of the new year. ..
the ongoing softening observed in overall venture investment. The strong investment interest that is being shown in blockchain tech is largely responsible for the industry bucking this trend.
Investors go blockchain

The major industry story for 2015 was the increasing focus on the underlying technology of the bitcoin currency, which is commonly referred to as blockchain or distributed ledger technology (DLT).
This trend carried over into the first quarter of 2016 with a further increase in the number of traditional institutions that announced some form of blockchain initiative

As we have noted, however, there is much confusion over the term "blockchain", and this confusion has led to frustration for both those new to the technology as well as amongst more fluent observers who will often see different terms used to express the same basic idea or principle.

Read More:
http://www.coindesk.com/state-of-blockchain-q1-2016/
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 03:00:50 PM

http://dcebrief.com/bitcoin-payment-card-for-the-us/

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2016, 04:44:34 PM

-Follow Alan on LinkedIn

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TFPOBS

Also I will be creating social graphics if anyone needs for sharing.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:44:33 PM

-Follow Alan on LinkedIn

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TFPOBS

Also I will be creating social graphics if anyone needs for sharing.

These are awesome! Are we free to share these now? (I probably should have asked before I posted it on Twitter - lol)  Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 [507] 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: