Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:03:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466144 times)
CryptoKidd

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:29:20 PM

If you haven't read it already, here's yesterday's Coindesk article on Litecoin and Lightning Networks:

http://www.coindesk.com/cross-blockchain-trades-lightning-gives-new-life-atomic-swaps/

Litecoin is now, potentially, the most technologically advanced coin in the crypto-universe with Core developers working on it to deliver full implementations of Lightning, the game-changing 'atomic cross-chain transactions' and other goodies.

"Another point to note: now that SegWit has activated on litecoin, users can begin sending test cross-chain transactions from litecoin to the bitcoin testnet."

When news of full Lightning implementation breaks it will be too late - the train will have left the station.

Great article giving very nice insight into the potential of Lightning Network. Problem is though that the Devs of SegWit activated coins aren't acting on their opportunity and other technologies are already filling the niche first.

Why this foot dragging and lack of action on the part of the SegWit activated devs? I imagine that it's most likely a combination of converging factors from being overwhelmed, to incorrectly thinking that time is not of the essence, to perhaps even possibly thinking that they have a monopoly on the holy grail. AFAIK they aren't even talking to each other about network integration - either that or they're keeping it top secret. What's it been? 60 days now since activation and we've heard nothing? 60 days in crypto is like 60 weeks in the rest of the world - you wake up to find out that nobody needs you anymore because your technology, even though it's good, is not as good as what's already been put to work. They've got to get on it now. I've got a jump start idea that would guarantee Lightning Network almost instant and universal acceptance that I've offered to the SegWit Devs risk free, and haven't even received a reply. I've no idea what's going through their heads.  

Thanks for posting the link!

Totally agree. If LTC doesn't move (now) with advancements, it'll be left in the dark. The price will leave no room for anything (no paid devs, no usage. no nothing). Where are the updates?  If you can't get lightening and smart contracts going now, others will.  If you can't get others to start switching to LTC now, because of its speed, other will. The window and door is open right now, but only for a very short period of time.

Nice tweet from @SatoshiLite - RSK on Litecoin. SmartLitecoins. 2-way pegs. Atomic swaps. Drivechain.  More details on twitter.

Litecoin taking big steps forward.

Faster, faster, faster! Wink

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoKidd

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 02:11:30 AM

There should be regular updates to the Litecoin Roadmap.  Regular progress postings would keep the Litecoin investors informed (and potential investors). Updates should be more formal than Charlie Lee (@SatoshiLite) tweeting screenshots of conversations. Keep up the great work, just provide regular progress updates Smiley
preshpresh

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:51:04 AM

oh litecoin, you're a wee beastie, ye!

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:14:09 AM

If you haven't read it already, here's yesterday's Coindesk article on Litecoin and Lightning Networks:

http://www.coindesk.com/cross-blockchain-trades-lightning-gives-new-life-atomic-swaps/

Litecoin is now, potentially, the most technologically advanced coin in the crypto-universe with Core developers working on it to deliver full implementations of Lightning, the game-changing 'atomic cross-chain transactions' and other goodies.

"Another point to note: now that SegWit has activated on litecoin, users can begin sending test cross-chain transactions from litecoin to the bitcoin testnet."

When news of full Lightning implementation breaks it will be too late - the train will have left the station.

Great article giving very nice insight into the potential of Lightning Network. Problem is though that the Devs of SegWit activated coins aren't acting on their opportunity and other technologies are already filling the niche first.

Why this foot dragging and lack of action on the part of the SegWit activated devs? I imagine that it's most likely a combination of converging factors from being overwhelmed, to incorrectly thinking that time is not of the essence, to perhaps even possibly thinking that they have a monopoly on the holy grail. AFAIK they aren't even talking to each other about network integration - either that or they're keeping it top secret. What's it been? 60 days now since activation and we've heard nothing? 60 days in crypto is like 60 weeks in the rest of the world - you wake up to find out that nobody needs you anymore because your technology, even though it's good, is not as good as what's already been put to work. They've got to get on it now. I've got a jump start idea that would guarantee Lightning Network almost instant and universal acceptance that I've offered to the SegWit Devs risk free, and haven't even received a reply. I've no idea what's going through their heads.  

Thanks for posting the link!

Totally agree. If LTC doesn't move (now) with advancements, it'll be left in the dark. The price will leave no room for anything (no paid devs, no usage. no nothing). Where are the updates?  If you can't get lightening and smart contracts going now, others will.  If you can't get others to start switching to LTC now, because of its speed, other will. The window and door is open right now, but only for a very short period of time.

Nice tweet from @SatoshiLite - RSK on Litecoin. SmartLitecoins. 2-way pegs. Atomic swaps. Drivechain.  More details on twitter.

Litecoin taking big steps forward.

Faster, faster, faster! Wink

That was then and this is now. Segwit's been activated since April. What's happened since? One hell of a spring break in Florida?

Resting on your laurels will get you killed in this business.

You can bet that someone, somewhere, is busting their butt to take your market away, and we all know just how nasty folks are in this space - the more it hurts you, the more they'll laugh.

a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:21:44 PM

... That was then and this is now. Segwit's been activated since April. What's happened since? One hell of a spring break in Florida?

You can bet that someone, somewhere, is busting their butt to take your market away, and we all know just how nasty folks are in this space - the more it hurts you, the more they'll laugh.

I would agree with you here. Time is of the essence. Investors like to know that their investment continues to be safe. A time line and regular updates on progress helps. For instance, how far away is Lightning Networks and the other things it facilitates? Weeks? Months? A year? The answer is crucial from an investment perspective. Charlie, as you have pointed out, seems to have other distractions. Decred is one. I do understand that the Litecoin team is essentially a handful of volunteers, plus one recent full-timer. Perhaps we shouldn't expect too much.

My personal opinion is that marketing is not where it should be. This combined with some confusing Tweets isn't very reassuring e.g: Xinxi Wang who seems to be the main part-time developer:
https://twitter.com/TheRealXinxi/status/862926287958032384
When I sent a private message to Xinxi for an explanation, I didn't get much of a response.

Full implementation of Lightning Networks looks like it is a long way away and other things are appearing on the horizon like Drivechain. Something needs to be done, or the momentum already achieved will be lost.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:41:06 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 08:06:27 PM by HR

... That was then and this is now. Segwit's been activated since April. What's happened since? One hell of a spring break in Florida?

I would agree with you here. Time is of the essence. Investors like to know that their investment continues to be safe. A time line and regular updates on progress helps. For instance, how far away is Lightning Networks and the other things it facilitates? Weeks? Months? A year? The answer is crucial from an investment perspective. Charlie, as you have pointed out, seems to have other distractions. Decred is one. I do understand that the Litecoin team is essentially a handful of volunteers, plus one recent full-timer. Perhaps we shouldn't expect too much.

My personal opinion is that marketing is not where it should be. This combined with some confusing Tweets isn't very reassuring e.g: Xinxi Wang who seems to be the main part-time developer:
https://twitter.com/TheRealXinxi/status/862926287958032384
When I sent a private message to Xinxi for an explanation, I didn't get much of a response.

Full implementation of Lightning Networks looks like it is a long way away and other things are appearing on the horizon like Drivechain. Something needs to be done, or the momentum already achieved will be lost.

You know what they say, you snooze, you lose. If the devs don't know by now everything you just said and aren't willing and/or able, then we know where this will end. It's not like it's just a couple of us here on BCT saying this - the market doesn't like what it's seeing either, although it has finally started to move. Nevertheless, when everything else is going up and your product is just sitting there flatlined, you'd better take notice. It's easy to brush off one person's opinion, it's quite another to ignore the market. And to think that LTC has its foot already in the door to becoming the real #2 #1 crypto saver AND payment coin! Can you imagine the embarrassment if they don't make that a reality? Can you imagine being asked everywhere you go "what happened?"

CryptoKidd

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:02:26 PM

Found the updates - https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/

Future looks strong for Litecoin!  Smiley
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:27:52 PM

Future looks strong for Litecoin!  Smiley

Very encouraging I will admit.  Grin

But, is it the community's responsibility to search these things out? Is efficient information dissemination too much to ask for? And doesn't that responsibility really lie with the dev team?

Just sayin'. Thanks for the link. Made for a nice lift of spirits.

Assman

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:14:58 PM

But, is it the community's responsibility to search these things out? Is efficient information dissemination too much to ask for? And doesn't that responsibility really lie with the dev team?

There are many means of disseminating information that aren't exclusive to BTCtalk. 

Not only is there Reddit, slack, etc., but Charlie is also incredibly active on twitter, for example.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:31:10 PM

There are many means of disseminating information that aren't exclusive to BTCtalk.  

Not only is there Reddit, slack, etc., but Charlie is also incredibly active on twitter, for example.

Efficient information dissemination for me starts with a little coordination. Is it that hard to cut and paste in the half a dozen places where you've got day to day exposure and participation? The cost is nil these days. Why the reluctance? Is there any justifiable reason whatever for not coordinating inportant releases of information? Any reason at all for not doing the rounds and covering the bases? Forgive me for saying so, but I find comments like yours simply incredible.

I did see Charlie on twitter today BTW. I responded to his hug campaign with a big  Huh  And I do agree that with that kind of stuff, we can safely say that NOT reposting it in every media available is the correct thing to do . . . but this is not about that kind of social interaction - it's about dealing seriously with the serious. We can tell the difference, right?

a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:12:16 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 01:08:33 AM by a_cat_named_joe

For me, Charlie's Tweets can sometimes be confusing, and possibly even counter-productive. Take for instance the recent "Spread the hug and share the love ... " Tweets which created distance after the previous RSK Drivechain Tweet. Drivechain might seem to have been an important development and something for Litecoin in the future. Looking into Drivechain a little further, if Bitcoin implemented it, would there be a real need for Bitcoin to pair up with Litecoin - on Lightning Networks for instance? This was one of Charlie's main visions for Litecoin.

If full Lightning Networks implementation on Litecoin is far away i.e. 2018 and beyond, then I would have to reconsider my position. Bitcoin is looking healthy and currently flying high at $2,710.22 ... $3,000 looks like it's on the cards, ... imminently.

I was under the impression that LN was close. So far I have been one of Litecoin's most consistent supporters, here, on Twitter and on Poloniex. Reddit r/bitcoin too. I would like to hear of an estimate of when we could expect to see a full implementation of Lightning Networks on Litecoin. Again, is the answer to that weeks? ... months? ... a year? ... longer? ... or, indefinitely?

Charlie, over to you.
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:54:06 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 12:17:16 PM by a_cat_named_joe

I was under the impression that LN was close. So far I have been one of Litecoin's most consistent supporters, here, on Twitter and on Poloniex. Reddit r/bitcoin too. I would like to hear of an estimate of when we could expect to see a full implementation of Lightning Networks on Litecoin. Again, is the answer to that weeks? ... months? ... a year? ... longer? ... or, indefinitely?

Most likely months. But LN has to be refined more and more to make it simpler for the average person to use, so it might take a while.
An early implementation of LN on Litecoin main net will likely be available for alpha testing though (use at your own risk)!

Thank you for your prompt response. I hope all who read this thread will find it useful.
diykid

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:56:29 AM

I lost a lot money on litecoin,heart blooding Undecided
yadan86

Activity: 598
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:25:59 AM

i think eth is better than litecoin ,pls work hard then i can buy some litecoin
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:35:24 PM

I lost a lot money on litecoin,heart blooding Undecided

I lost a lot of money on a lot of things but not LiteCoin. Guess that kinda makes us even eh?  Grin

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:08:03 PM

i think eth is better than litecoin ,pls work hard then i can buy some litecoin
ETH and LTC are different coins with different architecture and different tasks. We can not compare this two coins like you did. LTC feels nice now, so i expect price moving soon.
melea

Activity: 115

Not B troll & do something!

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 06:02:48 PM

Litecoin Comunity

Here i m, my firts post on LTC thread .  Shocked

Just for be clear, Ltc and me; we are redy!  Roll Eyes

last picture at low prices maybe, its better recorder for history so.

Litecoin (LTC)
$29.90 (-0.77%)
0.01080840 BTC (-6.34%)

Market Cap
$1,538,094,294
555,981 BTC
Volume (24h)
$362,026,000
130,863 BTC
Circulating Supply
51,439,732 LTC
Max Supply
84,000,000 LTC

Today 28.50 - 30.00 USD

And yes that prices its today and the coin has done segwit!
and yes LTC is go in to Bitstamp.com and people can change Ltc for gold there soon, buy whit credit cards, dollar and euros, and yes Bitstamp like a lot volume xrp and BTC big big volumen.
No wonder LTC return to other exchanges cex.io that have disabled for segwit.
Yes i do my research before investing,

And it's the best thing you can do, do not buy it by reading this, buy it for what you've investigated. And do not expect pump messages from groups that pray and hope but for clear for  steals your btc

Priceless.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 06:26:21 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 06:49:36 PM by HR

^^
Hope you're right melea!

The market doesn't look too convinced, just yet anyway).

https://i.imgur.com/zfX9XF9.jpg

Euro1000

Activity: 209
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 10:01:10 AM

And it's the best thing you can do, do not buy it by reading this, buy it for what you've investigated. And do not expect pump messages from groups that pray and hope but for clear for  steals your btc

One of the bets quotes so far ... Thank you for this.

Sometimes here are people around try to pump (or dump) coins - but this quote brings it to the point!
melea

Activity: 115

Not B troll & do something!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 01:39:20 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 02:31:36 PM by melea

One of the bets quotes so far ... Thank you for this.

Sometimes here are people around try to pump (or dump) coins - but this quote brings it to the point!

So now new people on trading fell like a whale:

What they are looking for is to take advantage of cheating and rob the newbies, there are no friends who give away money, if they are your friends to steal, that's the way it is, I'm old and I've lived in countries that by their habitants are scammers their countries are ruined more and more every day, Look at Venezuela, they only blame the politicians but it is the country with the most deaths of the world's top ten scammers and kidnappers. Those false groups come from those countries. That's why I write this because I do not want them to ruin my crypto world that I love so much. They ruin it and they go for something to ruin, money at the moment is what interests them.

The new ones are believed to chat with whales who tell them to buy xcoins that are going to fly and they just accumulated them last year to sell you the new ones today at interplanetary prices.
Today is no troll box  Cool, and they have them all caught in those groups of pump lol , I do not buy a message ever, or that my mother sends me, I do not rely on anyone, only my instincts and my experience, when I talk about a currency usually trolls do not talk about her but if the They are buying, let's finish this topic and be sure that litecoin is going to moon and I with him. And remember when litecoin costs more than xx0 dollars, everyone will tell you that there is the best time to buy, I do not never post when it is on the moon, because I know that although I recommend not to buy some buy at the moment  and so I never post in Moons.

be real, the scamers not alowed.

Patience that if it is a whale, that's where you can start practicing.

"Also whales do not hunt with friends, hunt to feed their children"-melea-

Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: