Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:11:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched!  (Read 1466307 times)
Sellman

Activity: 406
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2019, 03:43:59 PM

man what u think about halving date?thanks
Temporarily, I think more about halving of price. However, I am an optimistic investor, so I think I will be fine. Price halves, but it will double (or more than double) later, so I will be fine at the end. Be determinant with your decision, during current phase of crazy market, and you will be fine. If you feel like you are not able to do the right things now, please turn off your computers, and come back weeks later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 01:33:36 PM

How does halving even matters for litecoin when charlie lee himself thinks this
https://toshitimes.com/charlie-lee-thinks-about-increasing-litecoins-max-supply/

Would it even be possible for him to make that happen? Wouldn't the large majority of miners have to agree?

If there is even serious discussion of Litecoin or any other Crypto including Bitcoin, getting rid of the 21 million limit, I will cash out to USD ASAP.

I mean, if that is the case, the jig is up and crypto is simply being manipulated like the usd currency by the Federal Reserve.

Again, I'd be so out so fast into USD.

Brad

That doesn't really answer my question, but what fo you think if LTC would increase its supply significantly?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 05:07:33 PM

https://toshitimes.com/charlie-lee-thinks-about-increasing-litecoins-max-supply/

Would it even be possible for him to make that happen? Wouldn't the large majority of miners have to agree?

If there is even serious discussion of Litecoin or any other Crypto including Bitcoin, getting rid of the 21 million limit, I will cash out to USD ASAP.

I mean, if that is the case, the jig is up and crypto is simply being manipulated like the usd currency by the Federal Reserve.

Brad

That doesn't really answer my question, but what fo you think if LTC would increase its supply significantly?

I thought I was kinda obvious my last post. This would be as they say, " A very, very bad thing' Sad

It would be Litecoin's Death, for most folk in HODL mode, it would destroy Litecoin.

Without a 'firm amount of Litecoin' and, by increasing the Litecoin coin capacity firm ceiling on the amount of Litecoin over 21 million, well, Litecoin would be no more!

I'd dump it all on finding such out the same day.

Folks would probably then go back to Bitcoin with a 21 Million Cap on Coin. No one is that stupid to hold a pow coin, where they raise the coin cap after the fact!

This would be bad. Very Bad. Sad

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2019, 06:37:09 PM

Why You Need To Understand Bitcoin And Litecoin Halvings: https://www.publish0x.com/at-scottcbusiness/why-you-need-understand-bitcoin-and-litecoin-halvings-xdnzpd

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 06:54:25 PM

Brad

I thought I was kinda obvious my last post. This would be as they say, " A very, very bad thing' Sad

It would be Litecoin's Death, for most folk in HODL mode, it would destroy Litecoin.

Without a 'firm amount of Litecoin' and, by increasing the Litecoin coin capacity firm ceiling on the amount of Litecoin over 21 million, well, Litecoin would be no more!

Folks would probably then go back to Bitcoin with a 21 Million Cap on Coin. No one is that stupid to hold a pow coin, where they raise the coin cap after the fact!

Brad

Agreed, the whole point of bitcoin and any altcoin is sticking to the coin supply rules it started with. There will never be more than 21 million bitcoins, and most alts have a capped emission. The few that don't made that clear when they launched.
germsite

View Profile
June 30, 2019, 11:03:31 PM

Brad

Brad

I agree with you, but still I thought it is probably impossible to increase the supply because you would have to convince the miners. That's unlikely since they would have to undermine their own business to some degree.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 12:11:23 AM

Brad

Brad

I agree with you, but still I thought it is probably impossible to increase the supply because you would have to convince the miners. That's unlikely since they would have to undermine their own business to some degree.

That would be on top of the other LTC Miner difficulties of well, of course, the hash-rate difficulty that eventually kills their dream and then, of course, the halving..which rips out the

LTC Miner's heart every 4 years.

You add on doubling the amount of coin allowed to exist, there would not be enough microwave towers for the miners to jump off of! (Just saying: This would be a

a bad thing, increasing the amount of coin, 'cheat' changing the rules in the middle of the game after years, folk would beyond freak out!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 01, 2019, 08:47:50 PM

5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND THE LITECOIN SUMMIT

After a successful inaugural event last year in San Francisco, this year’s Litecoin Summit is taking place in Las Vegas on October 28th & 29th. With no shortage of crypto and blockchain events to choose from, here are five reasons why the Litecoin Summit is one you shouldn’t pass up.

Check it out: https://litecoin-foundation.org/5-reasons-why-you-should-attend-the-litecoin-summit-2/

CoinCodex

Activity: 314
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 07:52:18 AM

Despite falling a bit more, Litecoin is near a strong support level! Read more in this short technical analysis:

https://coincodex.com/article/3919/litecoin-price-analysis-ltc-falls-a-further-8-but-finds-strong-support-at-rising-trend-line/
Sellman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 08:44:23 AM

Despite falling a bit more, Litecoin is near a strong support level! Read more in this short technical analysis:

https://coincodex.com/article/3919/litecoin-price-analysis-ltc-falls-a-further-8-but-finds-strong-support-at-rising-trend-line/
Litecoin has a amazing come back after falling to around 0.0095 BTC days ago. Its temporary price, around 0.1156 BTC, means Litecoin actually has rallied around 22 percent from its recent dump. That is an amazing return after just a few days. I am not sure that Litecoin might recover back to the range around 0.019 BTC or not, but it might if bitcoin might rally impressively after its current corrections.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 05:45:32 PM

Litecoin needs to get its act together and get mimblewimble out and also do some PR about such. I mean really, are the Dev's shy or something?

I mean the frigging halving is coming up in about a month! You'd think you'd see more hype on Litetcoin. Deafening Silence Indeed! Sad

Brad

zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 02, 2019, 06:34:21 PM

Litecoin has a amazing come back after falling to around 0.0095 BTC days ago. Its temporary price, around 0.1156 BTC, means Litecoin actually has rallied around 22 percent from its recent dump. That is an amazing return after just a few days. I am not sure that Litecoin might recover back to the range around 0.019 BTC or not, but it might if bitcoin might rally impressively after its current corrections.
0.1156 btc price of litecoin is huge price specially when btc price is more then 10K$. surelly litecoin price will increase more but not that much huge in BTC/LTC pair. looks like in future no altcoin price will even close to BTC.
0.02 btc price of litecoin is the next target by my pint of view.
germsite

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 09:46:04 AM

Brad

Brad

That would be on top of the other LTC Miner difficulties of well, of course, the hash-rate difficulty that eventually kills their dream and then, of course, the halving..which rips out the

You add on doubling the amount of coin allowed to exist, there would not be enough microwave towers for the miners to jump off of! (Just saying: This would be a

a bad thing, increasing the amount of coin, 'cheat' changing the rules in the middle of the game after years, folk would beyond freak out!

Exactly, it is a little bit similar to the Bitcoin rollback that CZ from Binance proposed when they got hacked. However, I saw a video about that and it was said that that rollback would have never been possible in reality.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:02:14 AM

Brad

Brad

Exactly, it is a little bit similar to the Bitcoin rollback that CZ from Binance proposed when they got hacked. However, I saw a video about that and it was said that that rollback would have never been possible in reality.

Honestly, I think this is just a click-bait of toshtimes.com. In the interview Charlie Lee said the following:
It’s hard to say what will happen when it starts reaching the limit. Right now, the coin is working, Bitcoin and Litecoin are working because the mining reward is paying for the security… When you rely on fees and if the fees aren’t enough because the block size is constrained, then what happens? The security will drop. Is it better to have some small inflation every year and have that fixed and have that pay for the security or can transaction fees pay for security?

That is, we are talking about the time when 64 (if I read the LTC sources right) halvings have occured which is when the block reward goes to 0 and is not halved anymore:
https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/blob/master/src/validation.cpp#L1164-L1167:
Code:
    int halvings = nHeight / consensusParams.nSubsidyHalvingInterval;
    // Force block reward to zero when right shift is undefined.
    if (halvings >= 64)
return 0;

As this is only the 3rd halving coming up now, we have 60 to go, which translates roughly to 96 years to until reward is 0.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about that timeframe.

(All assuming my first grade math above are not completely off the rails, feel free to correct me if I made a stupid error in my calculations)

dr.cheema

Activity: 826
Merit: 117

View Profile
July 03, 2019, 11:59:57 AM

Litecoin and other top crypto's stable almost and there is no big dump in market spotted so far.
If market goes up 10% and after pump prices goes back 2% - 3% then definitely market is growing.
I am sure we will see again green sign in near future like last one,  LTC could be cross ATH this year.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2019, 12:24:05 PM

Litecoin and other top crypto's stable almost and there is no big dump in market spotted so far.
If market goes up 10% and after pump prices goes back 2% - 3% then definitely market is growing.
I am sure we will see again green sign in near future like last one,  LTC could be cross ATH this year.

with this high BTC dominance (~62% at the moment of writing) all alts, including LTC as a major alt for me, will have difficulties to reach their ATHs, so the crossing for now is almost impossible

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
MineTheCoinPool

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 05:37:40 PM

New Mining Pool Available
MINETHECOIN.CO

Coin : Litecoin [LTC]
Algorithm : Scrypt / 2% Fees
Stratum :    stratum+tcp://stratum1.minethecoin.co:2921
Minimum Withdraw : 0.01 LTC

Dedicated Servers / 1GBps
No Registration Required
Experienced Devs
Trusted Team

Visit us at : http://minethecoin.co
Discord : https://discord.gg/3PTJK3M
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 04, 2019, 08:26:22 PM

Litecoin is live on Flexa

Flexa is delighted to announce Litecoin (LTC) as the fifth digital asset to be accepted by merchants on the Flexa network, and the first coin added to the network since it launched in the US just just seven weeks ago.

Check this out: https://medium.com/flexa/litecoin-is-live-on-flexa-4b6c38ae37d5

igorttomic
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2019, 10:09:35 PM

My Crypto Journey with Litecoin Lisa: https://www.publish0x.com/mamaecrypto/my-crypto-journey-litecoin-lisa-xqkree

Check out Publish0x BitcoinTalk ANN here. Publish0x is a crypto agnostic publishing platform on which both authors and readers earn crypto. Connect via Telegram - http://t.me/Publish0x
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 05, 2019, 02:34:14 AM

New Mining Pool Available
MINETHECOIN.CO

Coin : Litecoin [LTC]
Algorithm : Scrypt / 2% Fees
Stratum :    stratum+tcp://stratum1.minethecoin.co:2921
Minimum Withdraw : 0.01 LTC

Dedicated Servers / 1GBps
No Registration Required
Experienced Devs
Trusted Team

Visit us at : http://minethecoin.co
Discord : https://discord.gg/3PTJK3M

www.litecoinpool.org is free and pays I think still 101% payback with NO fees.

So why should anyone go with your 2% unknown pool operation? *hey, just saying 'dazzle' me) Smiley

Brad

Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: