Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:46:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - Update: dead HYIP, Refund progress: BTC-arbs still doing refunds  (Read 276778 times)
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:22:54 AM

---snip---

From   administrator
Sent on   April 02nd 2014
I believe the forgot password function does work, just some people have email accounts that send our messages to their spam folder.

Regardless... this is the Bitcoin industry, if people aren't bright enough to remember their passwords, Bitcoin is something they should probably stay away from.

---snip---

Is that a new letter you got back?  Kind of confusing when you just edit a quote without any other information...

Yes, that is the new info.

Even though there is some truth to it, it was very rude and uncalled for.   I recommend using a password safe.

Anyway, this makes me wonder if they bought some software and don't really know how to fix it.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Qwiner (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:12:48 AM

---snip---

From   administrator
I believe the forgot password function does work, just some people have email accounts that send our messages to their spam folder.

Regardless... this is the Bitcoin industry, if people aren't bright enough to remember their passwords, Bitcoin is something they should probably stay away from.

---snip---

Is that a new letter you got back?  Kind of confusing when you just edit a quote without any other information...

Even though there is some truth to it, it was very rude and uncalled for.   I recommend using a password safe.

Anyway, this makes me wonder if they bought some software and don't really know how to fix it.  

1. What is a password safe? I never heard or aware of its existence. But I do create my own password safe
2. Well true, for all the support tickets that I ask them >> they always ended with some rude comment

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:59:41 AM

Well true, for all the support tickets that I ask them >> they always ended with some rude comment

Typical for the HYIP industry. All they want is your deposits, after you can f**k off.

If I were in here I would take all my coins out after an insult like this to a fellow investor:

How can you trust somebody telling you that you are not bright enough  Huh
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:17:19 AM

Typical for the HYIP industry. All they want is your deposits, after you can f**k off.

If I were in here I would take all my coins out after an insult like this to a fellow investor:

How can you trust somebody telling you that you are not bright enough  Huh

I'm hardly surprised - a real business would be appalled at that kind of behaviour as it would deter customers. But for a scam simply preying on people's deposits I doubt they would bother to have proper customer support that would be willing to actually deal with problems. In reality, everything points this site being a HYIP that is looking to disappear at any minute.
pipets

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:40:13 AM

"businesses do these all the time, there are probably 2-3 guys behind btc-arbs and I am sure they don't have time to deal with individual problems. Calling a guy not bright enough, whats the big deal...? it doesn't mean they're hyip, they never said I am not bright enough"

FreeJack2k2
dyask

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:24:27 AM

---snip---

From   administrator

---snip---

Even though there is some truth to it, it was very rude and uncalled for.   I recommend using a password safe.

1. What is a password safe? I never heard or aware of its existence. But I do create my own password safe
2. Well true, for all the support tickets that I ask them >> they always ended with some rude comment

1. "Password safe" is an opensource password database, it works well enough, but there are many of these types of programs.   I don't know what you mean by creating your own, but it didn't work for you this time?    I use the password database program when I create an account.   Then I make sure I can cleanly log in.   Since I use generated passwords, there is nothing I can remember.   All I have to remember is the password used to encrypt the database.   Also after adding a new account it is best to backup the database.   I did have one get messed up once, which is scary.

2. The one support ticket I submitted receive a canned response that seemed a condescending.   Maybe it is their culture or something, but yea that is a big strike against them.   Probably might have invest 5x as much if it weren't for little things like that.
sunny1

Activity: 276

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:34:30 AM

"businesses do these all the time, there are probably 2-3 guys behind btc-arbs and I am sure they don't have time to deal with individual problems. Calling a guy not bright enough, whats the big deal...? it doesn't mean they're hyip, they never said I am not bright enough"

FreeJack2k2

They are not calling "a guy" not bright enough, they are calling one of their customers not bright enough. For me that is ridiculous!
dyask

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 10:55:46 AM

FreeJack2k2

They are not calling "a guy" not bright enough, they are calling one of their customers not bright enough. For me that is ridiculous!

pipets is stalking FreeJack2k2.   At least they aren't pushing a referral. 
Qwiner (OP)

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:21:40 AM

From   administrator
I believe[/b] the forgot password function does work, just some people have email accounts that send our messages to their spam folder.

[/quote]

Also if you analyse that statement, "I believe" >> it is not a definite answer. >> I think I am sure that the password function is not working. >> Can anyone confirm whether that function is really working? Anyone who have lost/forgot their password? Who can recover their account? please share your experience.

Moreover, it is just fair that users who lost their account should be able to recover their lost account, provided that they are the genuine owner, eg by providing sufficient proof.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            █     ███           ███   ▄▄▄          █          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄███████████▄         ███     ███         ███    ███         ███         ██████████████▄
 ▄███▀       ▀█▀        █████     ███       ███     ███        █████        ███        ▀▀███
▄██▀                   ███ ███     ███     ███      ███       ███ ███       ███          ███
███                   ███   ███     ███   ███       ███      ███   ███      ███        ▄▄███
███                  ███     ███     ███ ███        ███     ███     ███     ██████████████▀
▀██▄                ███       ███     █████         ███    ███       ███    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
 ▀███▄       ▄█▄   ███         ███     ███          ███   ███         ███   ███      ▀███▄
   ▀███████████▀  ███           ███     █           ███  ███           ███  ███        ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███
                ███
▌  .
dyask

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:58:41 AM

From   administrator
I believe[/b] the forgot password function does work, just some people have email accounts that send our messages to their spam folder.

Also if you analyse that statement, "I believe" >> it is not a definite answer. >> I think I am sure that the password function is not working. >> Can anyone confirm whether that function is really working? Anyone who have lost/forgot their password? Who can recover their account? please share your experience.

Moreover, it is just fair that users who lost their account should be able to recover their lost account, provided that they are the genuine owner, eg by providing sufficient proof.
[/quote]

Actually I think it is better for users if it is very difficult to reset the password.   There seems to be a lot of coin thefts based on:
1) Hack into an email account
2) Reset their passwords
3) steal from them

That doesn't help you, but email is often the weak link. 
unhooked

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:56:51 PM

I sent 0.2 BTC yesterday and it still hasn't shown up in my account. Sad

Opened a support ticket so lets see.

Freefallr

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:36:57 PM

I also sent them 0.099 BTC today. Let's see if this site is just a scam.
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 04:51:25 PM

List update.

-> I wanted to start deposit of 500$ via bank wire. That was on  03-30-2014. I clicked on bank wire, got message "We will contact ya within 24 hours with further information" (or similar message, cant remember). No answer till today.
-> No correct caclulations. I have "earned" more coins than calculated. Not much more, but theres a deviation. (Other user reports correct working calculations) And i really did correct calculations, even with trunc past 4th digits.
-> No presence on social networks or forums.
-> Squishy, vague answers when you ask "are you ponzi, explain why not" on support-site.
-> Some little issues with percentage table on results-site, percentage on wrong day. Page 14
-> Possible issues with 2FA. (To be verfied) Page 14
-> An issue with wrong withdrawal, but turned out well after a new try. Page 15
-> No reports on VIP-partys in Geneva
-> Anonymous whois
-> Neither logical explanation for necessity of 10 employees nor how to pay them
-> No marketing, rather sitting in the background.
-> Some vague statements on future plans or tasks requested by community
-> Questionable meetings with leaders of bitcoin industry (lol)
-> Bear a likeness to another ponzi site.
-> "Bank wire" appears only on deposit-site, not on mainpage. Page 16
-> Rude answers, page 16+17

yonce

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:04:24 PM

This site is a HYIP, run by a known repeat admin, nothing more. Don't waste your time discussing the possible legitimacy of the program. The admin is simply looking to take advantage of a new HYIP community in the bitcoin world which has already been done successfully by some scammy admin types like the former Leancy.com

Btc-arbs is nothing but the same, play it as an HYIP and get your money out while you can as its highly unlikely to become one of the better HYIP's.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
wdl1908

Activity: 411

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:31:53 PM

This site is a HYIP, run by a known repeat admin, nothing more.

Just curious do you have any proof?
yonce

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:02:19 PM

Not too difficult to figure out which admin is which when you play them long enough. They are all basically repeat admins in HYIP's. In some cases its good, because they have experience, in other cases its bad, because some don't ever intend on going the distance.

STAY AWAY: rockwell,btc-arbs,bitcoin-trader - I've been playing HYIP's and have a near flawless record over the last year. Made over 1000% return last year. Play HYIP's safely and smart! Stay away from the referral whores on this forum, especially from those putting out their referral links in their signatures. They have no other interest but to profit from you.
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:04:27 PM

Not too difficult to figure out which admin is which when you play them long enough. They are all basically repeat admins in HYIP's. In some cases its good, because they have experience, in other cases its bad, because some don't ever intend on going the distance.

So.... you can't cite a specific HYIP that this guy is associated with, or can you... ?
wdl1908

Activity: 411

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:12:10 PM

Well explained it like i'm 5 years old then.
howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:16:11 PM

Start to be careful, users of this site. It seems it is going in a downward spiral. Don't let yourself down over some quick profits,  play it safe Smiley
yonce

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:20:28 PM

So.... you can't cite a specific HYIP that this guy is associated with, or can you... ?

arigofund.com was one of his feeder programs. For those who don't know, feeder programs are sites admins set up to feed their main program to help extend the life and have more time to bring in more funds before closing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: