Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] YACMiner - AMD GPU miner for Scrypt-Chacha, N-Scrypt, and Scrypt coins  (Read 47337 times)
Thirtybird (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:27:33 PM

Yes, I'm familiar with the readme

The config suggests 824 with 2 threads. I seem to have 1 of 4 270x's that don't mine properly with the config; its finicky (Getting like 50 hs) so I tried to let yacminer decide the buffer and it decided on 446 MB. Didn't help too much. Using -g 1 crashes the miner as well. If i restart it enough, sometimes it will start mining but it didn't make it through the night last night.

timeout /t 30
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
del *bin
yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://xxxxxxxxx -u xxxxxx -p x --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1402845776 --worksize 128 --lookup-gap 8 -g 2 --buffer-size 824 -R 1600

Furthermore, I cannot get past 2 khs, and it seems to be more stable on 1.8 khs. Is this all I can squeeze out of 270xs?

If you haven't run GPUz, I highly recommend it for troubleshooting.  YACMiner is looking at how much memory it sees, and allocates 90% of it if you do not specify (512 * .9 = 460), so you're having trouble where you cannot allocate all of the cards memory.  It will also show you how much memory is allocated to dedicated memory vs dynamic memory.  If your hashing buffer winds up spilling into dynamic memory, your hashrate is going to be dismal. 

My notes for NF=14 had my 2GB R7 250's hashing at 2.7 KH/sec, so you should be able to at least match that once you get your problems sorted out.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lmaonade80

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:14:44 PM

Yes, I'm familiar with the readme

The config suggests 824 with 2 threads. I seem to have 1 of 4 270x's that don't mine properly with the config; its finicky (Getting like 50 hs) so I tried to let yacminer decide the buffer and it decided on 446 MB. Didn't help too much. Using -g 1 crashes the miner as well. If i restart it enough, sometimes it will start mining but it didn't make it through the night last night.

timeout /t 30
del *bin
yacminer --scrypt-chacha -o stratum+tcp://xxxxxxxxx -u xxxxxx -p x --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1402845776 --worksize 128 --lookup-gap 8 -g 2 --buffer-size 824 -R 1600

Furthermore, I cannot get past 2 khs, and it seems to be more stable on 1.8 khs. Is this all I can squeeze out of 270xs?

If you haven't run GPUz, I highly recommend it for troubleshooting.  YACMiner is looking at how much memory it sees, and allocates 90% of it if you do not specify (512 * .9 = 460), so you're having trouble where you cannot allocate all of the cards memory.  It will also show you how much memory is allocated to dedicated memory vs dynamic memory.  If your hashing buffer winds up spilling into dynamic memory, your hashrate is going to be dismal. 

My notes for NF=14 had my 2GB R7 250's hashing at 2.7 KH/sec, so you should be able to at least match that once you get your problems sorted out.

2.7?! I barely get that outta my 280x's.. What AMD driver do you recommend? 14.6 is the one I'm using.

GPUz is a cool tool, but it is showing me everything is correct as far as I can tell. Each card has 2 GB, memclock at 1400, gpu-engine at 955. I'm starting to mess with the lookup-gap, but I thought that was just set by the NF number. ..
Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:22:13 PM

2.7?! I barely get that outta my 280x's.. What AMD driver do you recommend? 14.6 is the one I'm using.

GPUz is a cool tool, but it is showing me everything is correct as far as I can tell. Each card has 2 GB, memclock at 1400, gpu-engine at 955. I'm starting to mess with the lookup-gap, but I thought that was just set by the NF number. ..

My R7 240 4GB cards NF=14 at 2.8-2.9 KH/sec (depending on the card) even though they have fewer shaders.  It's all a matter of allocating the largest buffer-size you can and then testing each of the lookup-gaps with the corresponding max R for each one to see which one to settle on.  The 4GB card can run a lookup-gap of 2, whereas I had to go with LG=3 on the 2GB card.  It's all in the tuning guide I linked you to

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
lmaonade80

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:53:25 PM

13.12? Why such an old driver?

I'll continue to play.
Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:55:30 PM

I'll continue to play.

It's what was out when I started this experiment and the 14.x drivers gave HW errors mining scrypt-chacha when I tried them.  Now at this point, I don't feel like tinkering with them because "they just work"

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:27:15 AM

@ Thirtybird

Don't laugh at me. I get bored (and sometimes I am dangerous).

I am playing with Windows 10 and trying a 750ti with your miner. Long story short, new Nvidia driver supports OpenCL so I am playing with it to see if this will work.

When running the miner I have just a basic setting, besides the nfMin = 4 nfMax = 30 nTimeStamp = 1388949883, I just run the -I and change it higher until I get a HW error.

It does find the card and mines but it does not connect to the pool. The miner shows it and running but the pool does not show the miner active and I do not get hash rate at the pool.

Is there some setting I might try that might be specific.

Again, I am just experimenting to kill time and see if it works.

EDIT: Under Windows 7 with the exact same bat and Nvidia driver it does not find the card. Says no OpenCL device found or something like that.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:58:38 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 04:12:01 AM by antonio8

@ Thirtybird

I am playing with Windows 10 and trying a 750ti with your miner. Long story short, new Nvidia driver supports OpenCL so I am playing with it to see if this will work.

When running the miner I have just a basic setting, besides the nfMin = 4 nfMax = 30 nTimeStamp = 1388949883, I just run the -I and change it higher until I get a HW error.

It does find the card and mines but it does not connect to the pool. The miner shows it and running but the pool does not show the miner active and I do not get hash rate at the pool.

EDIT: Under Windows 7 with the exact same bat and Nvidia driver it does not find the card. Says no OpenCL device found or something like that.

Show me the output of yacminer -n, would you? Also, for Win 7, try diff OCL platforms.

Wolf0

Here is what I think you mean. Again I only have a setting of -I 8

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:01:44 PM

@ Thirtybird

Is it possible that it just was minign so slow that it never found any shares for submitting?  I seem to remember something about the nVidia cards supporting OpenCL (Even from the beginning), but they were horribly slow at it.  Post a screenshot of the thing mining?  That will show connection status and mining speeds and the like

antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 01:44:03 AM

@ Thirtybird

Is it possible that it just was minign so slow that it never found any shares for submitting?  I seem to remember something about the nVidia cards supporting OpenCL (Even from the beginning), but they were horribly slow at it.  Post a screenshot of the thing mining?  That will show connection status and mining speeds and the like

Here is a screen shot but something I did not notice until I put the log in the bat (thanks Wolf0). The miner shows that it is at a N-Factor 17 but here is my exact bat that I run for N-Factor 16:

yacminer --scrypt-chacha --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883 -d 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -O xxxxxxx:x -D -l 5

Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:02:15 AM

@ Thirtybird

Is it possible that it just was minign so slow that it never found any shares for submitting?  I seem to remember something about the nVidia cards supporting OpenCL (Even from the beginning), but they were horribly slow at it.  Post a screenshot of the thing mining?  That will show connection status and mining speeds and the like

Here is a screen shot but something I did not notice until I put the log in the bat (thanks Wolf0). The miner shows that it is at a N-Factor 17 but here is my exact bat that I run for N-Factor 16:

yacminer --scrypt-chacha --nfmin 4 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1388949883 -d 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -O xxxxxxx:x -D -l 5

That's kind of interesting.  If you look at the pool line it is showing "diff 2 NF 16" but your debug output shows NFactor 17.  My miner on my system (that I know submits shares) actually shows "Nfactor: 17" in the debug output too, so that's likely inaccurate, or based on 2^NF instead of the scrypt-chacha funky math of 2^(NF+1) or something like that - it's been a while, but it's always been confusing (thanks pocopoco!).  I think you've got it working, but at that hash rate, you're likely not submitting shares, or are hitting HW errors instead of accepted shares.  

Since you did not specify buffer_size or lookup gap on the command line, the default values are going to pick ~90% of the GPU VRam it can see and a lookup-gap of 4, which is not ideal for NF=16, and is probably giving you HW errors.  What buffer size does it tell you it's allocating for the card when it starts up?  (likely need to turn debug off first)

antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:23:56 AM

@ Thirtybird

That's kind of interesting.  If you look at the pool line it is showing "diff 2 NF 16" but your debug output shows NFactor 17.  My miner on my system (that I know submits shares) actually shows "Nfactor: 17" in the debug output too, so that's likely inaccurate, or based on 2^NF instead of the scrypt-chacha funky math of 2^(NF+1) or something like that - it's been a while, but it's always been confusing (thanks pocopoco!).  I think you've got it working, but at that hash rate, you're likely not submitting shares, or are hitting HW errors instead of accepted shares.  

Since you did not specify buffer_size or lookup gap on the command line, the default values are going to pick ~90% of the GPU VRam it can see and a lookup-gap of 4, which is not ideal for NF=16, and is probably giving you HW errors.  What buffer size does it tell you it's allocating for the card when it starts up?  (likely need to turn debug off first)

You are correct on the look-up gap of 4 and the buffer is being set at 448. After a while of mining I do get a HW error.

If I change the starttime I get a high hash rate but all rejects.

lmaonade80

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 06:44:25 AM

I'll continue to play.

It's what was out when I started this experiment and the 14.x drivers gave HW errors mining scrypt-chacha when I tried them.  Now at this point, I don't feel like tinkering with them because "they just work"

My 270x max out at 2.2 khs on Nfactor 14...

del *bin
yacminer --scrypt-chacha  --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 -R 3200 --buffer-size 1696 --gpu-memclock 1400 --gpu-engine 1000

I've tried 13.12, 14.6, and 15.3 drivers, no noticeable changes. The buffersize is the largest I can make it. Is there anything else I can play with to get more juice outta these cards? Thanks in advance.
Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:12:29 PM

You are correct on the look-up gap of 4 and the buffer is being set at 448. After a while of mining I do get a HW error.

If I change the starttime I get a high hash rate but all rejects.

Do not play with starttime - that is specific to the coin!  You need to work on setting the highest buffer-size you can and get a higher lookup gap going.  Stop using Intensity and use rawintensity instead I=8 is equivilent to R=256, at that lookup gap and nFactor, your -rI should be 112, so no wonder you're getting HW errors.

You really need to read the tuning guide if you want any chance at being successful
https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner/blob/master/SCRYPT-README

Thirtybird (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:19:52 PM

I'll continue to play.

del *bin
yacminer --scrypt-chacha  --worksize 128 -g 1 --lookup-gap 8 -R 3200 --buffer-size 1696 --gpu-memclock 1400 --gpu-engine 1000

I've tried 13.12, 14.6, and 15.3 drivers, no noticeable changes. The buffersize is the largest I can make it. Is there anything else I can play with to get more juice outta these cards? Thanks in advance.

Uncertain - I would try every lookup gap and the corresponding Raw Intensity and see which nets you the biggest hashrate.  There is a way to calculate your maximum R given buffer size and lookup gap, but I'll leave that for you to find Smiley  (it's published in at least 2 separate places in 2 different programming languages)

Your target to beat is 2.7 KH/sec, which my $100 R7 250 2GB card did at NF=14

lmaonade80

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 03:26:03 PM

I'll continue to play.

del *bin

Uncertain - I would try every lookup gap and the corresponding Raw Intensity and see which nets you the biggest hashrate.  There is a way to calculate your maximum R given buffer size and lookup gap, but I'll leave that for you to find Smiley  (it's published in at least 2 separate places in 2 different programming languages)

Your target to beat is 2.7 KH/sec, which my $100 R7 250 2GB card did at NF=14

I understand the -R flag is multiplicatives of the worksize. I have it at 3328. I can get the miner at 3 khs, but it crashes the driver (13.12) after a few minutes. I'll probably need to dial down the engine.
hoper

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 08:43:50 AM

I understand the -R flag is multiplicatives of the worksize. I have it at 3328. I can get the miner at 3 khs, but it crashes the driver (13.12) after a few minutes. I'll probably need to dial down the engine.

Nfactor 14 = 4Mb per hash if lookup-gap=1   and 0,5Mb if lookup-gap=8

if buffersize=1696 and lookup-gap=8 rawintensity must be = 1696/(4/8)-1 = 3391

try maximum increase buffer size first
then calculate rawintensity for selected lookup-gap

try another lookup-gap

and try this
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1

example --lookup-gap 4 -R 1695 -B 1696
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

Tested yacminer with latest win 10 preview + amd driver from windows update 15.5 beta and it works just alocating memory is low 2800MB for 4GB card ... in win 8.1 no go with new drivers

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
homeplus

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:25:42 PM

I would like to mine scrypt jane N Factor and I want to know what downloads I need?  Also, what I need to use?  Like a Graphics card or a Miner like Titan?  Let me know...I Mine for a Hobbie and Haven't seen anyone mine scrypt jane N Factor as Good as you...Thanks
bankmyrik10

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:57:44 PM

I have ASUS R 9 290 4Gb. This is my bat file
yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --buffer-size 2656 -R 6411  -o stratum+tcp://wk10.botpool.net:4339 -u bankmyrik.bankmyrik -p x --nfmin 16 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1375817223
Bat i have HW errors. What my problem?
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:38:33 PM

I have ASUS R 9 290 4Gb. This is my bat file
yacminer --scrypt-chacha --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --buffer-size 2656 -R 6411  -o stratum+tcp://wk10.botpool.net:4339 -u bankmyrik.bankmyrik -p x --nfmin 16 --nfmax 30 --starttime 1375817223
Bat i have HW errors. What my problem?

Go with lookup-gap 6 or 7
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: