Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:33:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading or mining?  (Read 4804 times)
znaneswar

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:20:54 PM

There are both advantages and disadvantages with trading and mining.

Mining advantages
No extra fee charged for mining apart from investment.
Risk free in long run
Consistent profits

Mining disadvantages
Long term investment
Can't earn money quickly
Huge time involvement

Trading advantages
Quick profits
No investment in equipment
Easy to manage like sell high buy low

Trading disadvantages
Requires more skills than trading
Impossible to predict prices
Trading fee
Higher risk
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:03:00 PM

If you want to earn profit with less capital, trading will do but it will just require your time to do trading. Mining is different because it's more technical, expensive in terms of purchasing system hardware requirements and maintenance but once established, all you need to do is sit and wait for a profit since the computer will mine cryptos for you.

Besides all these things, even the guy that has the best mining equipment will not earn more than a trader. Some miners get only several dollars a day, it is not enough.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:11:28 PM

If you want to earn profit with less capital, trading will do but it will just require your time to do trading. Mining is different because it's more technical, expensive in terms of purchasing system hardware requirements and maintenance but once established, all you need to do is sit and wait for a profit since the computer will mine cryptos for you.

Besides all these things, even the guy that has the best mining equipment will not earn more than a trader. Some miners get only several dollars a day, it is not enough.

Trading is the best option as compared to mining for me as do not have that much money to spent and buy those costly equipment, do not have that much space to store it and electricity cost in my country and are doe not make it a affordable choice to min any of the coin.
elpape225

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:19:08 PM

https://medium.com/@optitoken.io/hyperdeflationary-monetary-systems-why-they-should-be-owned-and-utilized-1a34bc2a7536
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:53:51 PM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.

To comment today, I think trading is more beneficial because many miners generally close their rigs. At these price levels, unfortunately, it is impossible to cover even the expenses, I think it is profitable as a long term mining process. But as I mentioned in the previous bulletin, it is very difficult to predict how profitable this is in market conditions and I think that it will not be very profitable according to the trading transactions. For that reason, I recommend you apply your trade advice without taking too much risk and stress, and if you want to earn in the long term, apply the mining advice. In the short term, both options will not make much but mining in the long term may be more logical.
dating centre

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:53:36 PM

Trading is the best option as compared to mining for me as do not have that much money to spent and buy those costly equipment, do not have that much space to store it and electricity cost in my country and are doe not make it a affordable choice to min any of the coin.

to me i think that both are good, but my option is also trading and that is only because of my interest and experience that i have already have in trading crypto currencies.
ehiozuwa

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:56:30 PM

Both enterprise are not really spining a lot of cash at the moment, mining difficulty has spiked for most common coins and price has dipped, trading in a bear market should be left to the professionals , not those just starting,maybe your friend should devote more time to research first to better understand cryptos
hardinero007

Activity: 938
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 12:42:01 AM

do mining if you are techie and want to learn hardcore mining Tongue but the path is not easy.  you can always buy hashpower from nicehash to mine any coins with reasonable price.  i suggest to look for some new coin projects with good reputation which means higher probability of growth.

if you just want to earn, go buy coins rather invest in mining rigs. mining may give you roi in 1 year, but investing in coins will give you roi in 1 month.
aryatrals

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:37:13 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2018, 01:12:32 PM by aryatrals

if I have a lot of money that can be spelled free money or more money I better to trade, right now I think investing more attractive than the mining not to mention the cost to be spent on mining is not a bit, electricity is used any not small, will add a lot of cost.
I agree with you, because I have the business spirit of buying and selling seems more attractive, it is seen from a very large risk, but there is nothing in the world of trade that continues to profit, there is a profit and loss, so we must be smart in responding and always making the right decisions . so the risk of losing a large one is proportional to the huge profits too.
Austin143

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

XCH4NGE - Connecting Crypto Users Worldwide!

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:34:40 AM

I would suggest if you are too busy enough to have time for trading because you have your hectic schedule then go for mining, not a hyip site but a legit mining company or build your own mining rig, then if you have enough time to focus on trading then do it. It is more profitable than mining, u can have your profit within the day if you're that skilled enough. Just my opinion.
Manyak

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:00:35 AM

Just had a chat with my friend on setting up mining in my farm house. He advised and suggested more to invest in crypto currencies then investing and spending time in mining. What you guys would suggest me of. Or shall i start with small investment on mining from house with rigs attached to system i have in my house and start a farm house once experienced or do not get into mining? Suggest me dudes.
Well for me the best thing is trading because you can get a amount of profit . a year ago the mining is easy to use you can earn while you sleep . but i choose to trade . it hard but it is profitable .
gayan7788

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:23:37 AM

Ultimately, mining is a long term investment. You pay for your hash rate in your chosen coin, then sit back and watch a small amount come back to you each day. The number fluctuates from day to day but you can be certain that you will earn something every day.
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:13:59 AM

Ultimately, mining is a long term investment. You pay for your hash rate in your chosen coin, then sit back and watch a small amount come back to you each day. The number fluctuates from day to day but you can be certain that you will earn something every day.
It's actually a business, if the price of bitcoin will be stable and miners are profitable with the current price then it will give them a stable profit.
However, bitcoin does not behave like that, we know it's volatile so normally those huge mining company will only survive in the long run

coingrowth

Activity: 416
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:00:56 AM

In the recent trend, mining is not profitable because we have seen the difficulty level has been increased for maturing the coins. So the option we have is trading because for trading it needs only little investment to start trading. Even though we lose it won't affect us much but whereas after buying the equipment it will take more than 3 or 4 months to mature the coins.
TaofenBoy

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:04:34 AM

If you have enough wealth, then mining is a good choice. If you are ordinary, mining may not be suitable, because mining risks are now increasing as the market declines!
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:13:58 AM

I used to try to make a rig in 2013, because the price of bitcoin was still low and maybe because I found it hard to find good coins for mining so I only made a low profits, I suggest you try investing in mining because your friends suggested it, that might be he is arguably an expert and you can ask for advice about the trying pool. At the moment I don't know about the benefits gained from mining and I prefer trading, my experience in handling the tools is a bit complicated because we have to keep monitoring on your rig as often as possible, many obstacles will occur later.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:17:43 AM

I saw the market from last 6 months, there are so many continue down trends are disturbing the whole market and price of all coins in trading goes down, that is why I think the very best option is Mining of good coins, Mining is good work and without any headache of the market situations.
genuin

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:22:21 AM

Everything we do must have risks. Likewise trading and mining. To be honest, I prefer to trade. But if you don't have basic trading, I strongly recommend that you study first. The risk of losing coins when trading like 50: 50, if you can read the market situation then you can make a profit. Minning can actually also be profitable but to get a big profit you have to provide a large amount of electricity. The choice is in your hand.
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:52:23 AM

Well for me I want to trade . for me trading is profitable for me you can earn a lot of money for trading .
Aivaryamal

Activity: 1162
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:39:55 AM

Personally, I prefer first of all to engage in trading and fix profits, as cryptocurrency can grow very quickly and their large numbers and mining them a lot not to cover, and the profitability is already reduced, if the equipment is not so powerful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: