Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:48:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AIRcoin  (Read 137220 times)
fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:38:11 PM

Great deal today.
Buyed some Air (16 hours ago) at 0.0019 an now i can sell them at 0.0018.

I getting poor!

Smiley
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:00:04 PM

Great deal today.

I getting poor!

Smiley

Better sell them quick then.......
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:15:58 PM

Yea, KGW is actually too low for response-time... (The speed of adjusting up or down. Not horrible, but not great.)

However, it is still better than not having it at all. (Diff would not react fast enough, letting 4x-20x blocks be over-mined in a day, then force us to mine for days, with /4 and /20 blocks found after the hoppers would have left.)

There are few hoppers. However, there is still one big hopper somewhere, or that is a pool falling out of connection from these attacks, then coming back again.

Actually, the well, you want it to do the opposite. It should fall faster than it rises. Since "luck" can cause false hash-rate illusions when someone hits a lot of blocks. However, if actual hoppers joined, you don't want that instant rise, just enough to boot them off. Since that is not the true "hash-rate", just a swarm of drive-by visitors who will end-up only getting a share-value from only 3.72 coins for that one or two blocks, before they leave. It should nearly instantly go back to being "correct" for the steady miners. Otherwise you are actually favoring hoppers the other way.

Still, the KGW seems off, both ways. Too slow up, and too slow down. However, that does make the transitions a lot less crippling to everyone. Less crippling than day-adjustments. Seems to take about only 10-20 coins to adjust up or down correctly. Actually makes DDOS ineffective to do. Look at that as the big bonus. By the time the DDOS is over, the coin difficulty has only slipped down a hair. They gain nothing by knocking large volumes off the coin.

Just needs some fine-tuning... (That is my opinion)

As for... "It isn't valuable to mine" (Now, as that is what you are implying by the price NOW...) You are a hopper... Hop away. This coin is for investors, mining for FUTURE value. The future value rises with difficulty rise. It is never proportional, never has been on any coin. Stop complaining about how LIFE works, as if it is the issue of the coin to solve. The price NOW is irrelevant, unless you intend to just dump. Which makes you a hopper. Go ahead and dump. Those coins will be a nice bonus for us. Ones that it cost us less to buy, than to mine. If it is not profitable YET for you, then duh, you have to hold them until the reward for what you mined, is there in the price. Sell higher and wait for someone to buy it, like the rest of us. Or get off your ass, and convince someone that this coin is worth the investment. Like I said before, this is not a spectator sport, you have to participate. Driving to the game to watch it (mining), is not "participation". The coin is what you make it. Your value is what you convince others that it is. If you do nothing, you should expect nothing in return. If you see no value here, don't mine it. Lowers the difficulty for those of us who do find it valuable.
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:31:49 PM

<snip>
As for... "It isn't valuable to mine" (Now, as that is what you are implying by the price NOW...) You are a hopper... Hop away. This coin is for investors, mining for FUTURE value. The future value rises with difficulty rise. It is never proportional, never has been on any coin. Stop complaining about how LIFE works, as if it is the issue of the coin to solve. The price NOW is irrelevant, unless you intend to just dump. Which makes you a hopper. Go ahead and dump. Those coins will be a nice bonus for us. Ones that it cost us less to buy, than to mine. If it is not profitable YET for you, then duh, you have to hold them until the reward for what you mined, is there in the price. Sell higher and wait for someone to buy it, like the rest of us. Or get off your ass, and convince someone that this coin is worth the investment. Like I said before, this is not a spectator sport, you have to participate. Driving to the game to watch it (mining), is not "participation". The coin is what you make it. Your value is what you convince others that it is. If you do nothing, you should expect nothing in return. If you see no value here, don't mine it. Lowers the difficulty for those of us who do find it valuable.

You saved me the time to write this.  ^^^
The coins value is what *we* make it ... too many people sitting waiting around for someone else to do the hard work so they can take the reward. This is a joint effort!

^ I am with STUPID!
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:23:26 PM

DEVs need really need to raise price a bit before coinmarketcap hits.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
Turpomann

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:27:37 PM

Like it or not, miners have to find it profitable or they mine something else. That's a FACT. Imagined value based on personal expectations is as important to investors as it is for the miners. That's how LIFE works.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
albertdros

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:31:19 PM

Like it or not, miners have to find it profitable or they mine something else. That's a FACT. Imagined value based on personal expectations is as important to investors as it is for the miners. That's how LIFE works.

this. I am not mining this coin anymore because the profit is EXTREMELY bad at the moment. I still see this coin as a good investment, that's why I am BUYING it for the low price as it is now. I will mine it if/when difficulty drops.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:42:39 PM

Not all people employ the same strategy when mining and there are plenty of examples of less than profitable coins that are still mined.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:00:47 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 02:15:12 AM by adhitthana

That means the pool has 1.8 BTC additional buying power in the market over the last 3 days, which helps explain how the price can rise.
So, does this work by you telling the community that you made some BTC (with no actual proof presented), then the community believes you and buys, which enables you to possibly sell premined coins into the market?

Is there some way people can verify what you are saying?
Just asking.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:01:43 PM

I am not mining this coin anymore because the profit is EXTREMELY bad at the moment. I still see this coin as a good investment, that's why I am BUYING it for the low price as it is now. I will mine it if/when difficulty drops.

I've seen people mention that this coin is currently at a low price. My question is, why would you consider it low? Simply because the devs are making mining difficult based on price? On the plus side, they do have actives devs ...but still...

1 Billion Max coins (maybe more).

vs ... let's say Darkcoin, at:

84 Million Max

And DarkCoin has a very active dev.

Air is currently 1.5x the price of DarkCoin. My question is, is Air overvalued, or Dark simply undervalued? Or both? I don't quite get why Air should be at its current price, simply based on mining difficulty -- unless I am overlooking something that contributes to its perceived value.
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:29:47 PM

I am not mining this coin anymore because the profit is EXTREMELY bad at the moment. I still see this coin as a good investment, that's why I am BUYING it for the low price as it is now. I will mine it if/when difficulty drops.

I've seen people mention that this coin is currently at a low price. My question is, why would you consider it low? Simply because the devs are making mining difficult based on price? On the plus side, they do have actives devs ...but still...

1 Billion Max coins (maybe more).

vs ... let's say Darkcoin, at:

84 Million Max

And DarkCoin has a very active dev.

Air is currently 1.5x the price of DarkCoin. My question is, is Air overvalued, or Dark simply undervalued? Or both? I don't quite get why Air should be at its current price, simply based on mining difficulty -- unless I am overlooking something that contributes to its perceived value.

Darkcoin also has a much higher block reward. 3.72 Aircoin per block compared to 20-22 Darkcoin per block (at diff 285 mind due).
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:47:33 PM

Darkcoin also has a much higher block reward. 3.72 Aircoin per block compared to 20-22 Darkcoin per block (at diff 285 mind due).

I guess I am just asking if the current value of the coin is based almost entirely on mining difficulty? Or is there something intrinsic about it to make it worth more? I am aware of their price fixing/adjustment thingy, but I am a bit skeptical longterm with that.

If just mining, any dev could make a new coin and make it difficult to mine ... and say it's worth $10/coin.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:17:38 PM

Great deal today.

I getting poor!

Smiley

Better sell them quick then.......

hehe yeahhhhh sussex will buy them Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AIRcoin Aether

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:12:10 AM

Hey guys!

Just letting you know, I am making updates to the site, so expect some downtime for the next few hours or so. I will post back and let you guys know when I'm done! Smiley

Best,
Aether
OmarG

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:14:26 AM

Come join us!

• Hosted in Canada
  • Low Latency P2Pool Node
  • 1% Fee
  • Transaction Fees Paid to Miners
  • No Signup Required
  • Payouts Directly to Wallet
  • Unique P2Pool Frontend

Canadian P2Pools: http://omargpools.ca/
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:16:00 AM

At the moment, value is primarily based off what some miner is accepting for the coins they earned. Your coins mined now will not get decent returns until these "easy-mined" coins have all been purchased. The coins they are selling NOW are the coins they/we mined BEFORE the diff-hike. Keeping the value from spiking, will stop those guys from taking what value should be yours, in the future, as they take it now. EG, you raise the price, we will cash-out and take it before you. We have more coins, that cost us less to produce. That makes it harder for you to cash-out later, if the price rises too early. Staying low, forces us to hold, or limits our cash-outs. Transferring value to the ones who purchased those coins now, which will rise later. Then THEY will be YOUR competition, not us, who got them easier. YOU will then be able to sell YOUR cheaper earned coins, faster than those people who purchased them. Thus, at that FUTURE DATE you will be in OUR shoes. They will be complaining just like you are now. Tongue

Allowing it to spike, simply brings TONS of hoppers, who will try to instantly flash-diff through the roof, lowering everyone's reward. They would then pump the hell out of the market, using very few BTC, with little resistance. (Thus a false premature rise/pump.) Then once enough have been "suckered" and there was enough listed volume below... They would dump.

You want to control the market, and stop people from cashing-out... Don't list high volume to buy, which tempts them to cash-out for one lump-sum. Make them pay for it, by listing only a few at each level. If they are that desperate, they will cash-out lower, at a loss to them, and at a gain to you. On the reverse, if you want the price to rise, don't throw walls that stop people from being able to let the price rise. Walls are great, if they are behind a few low-valued coins.

Using walls to try to push a market up or down is just moronic. Someone will swipe-up those easy lump-sum coins, then instantly re-list them on the other side as a wall in the opposite direction. To win, you have to snipe-up coins from unlisted holdings.

Remember, everyone who mined before you, got them with less effort and at a lower production cost. Those who come after you, if you are mining now, will get even less than you. (Unless you leave, then they will be the ones getting more than those who follow in later days.)

This is not a day-trade coin, and these are not day-trade exchanges. You are not a day-trader, stop pretending to be. (Or keep pretending, I like taking your losses and turning them into my gains. Tongue)

P.S. That was to no-one in general. Just my typical rant to the children crying over not getting rich from a scam-coin... Go play with MOON or LOTTO or KITTEH or another one of those fake value coins. They are dropping from the markets anyways. Soon, if you are lucky, they will have to be traded against DEV-COIN in order to have any possible value. I feel sorry for the guys who fell for those scams. It's a hard lesson to learn, but not one that is easy to digest. Those coins were made to pull you off of valuable coins, and manipulated to hell, to take any value you had. Cut your losses and move on or stay and sink with those ships.

P.P.S. If you are having issues comparing this coin to darkcoin... You might want to stop buying and mining, until you figure that out. Just saying... (Not that there is anything wrong with darkcoin. But there is little comparison, other than the fact that they are both just coins.)

You want the price to raise... Buy coins. Also, mine them, to sustain the difficulty, so future listings of coins can not be sold as low. It is just as simple as that. The more it rises, the more miners will come to mine it... So don't come back again and then complain that diff is too high. The price would have to lower, to make the diff fall lower. Diff is supposed to climb, that is what drives the price up. If diff doubles, everyone is getting half as many, and they have to ask for twice as much. If you have not figured this out yet... Again, you should not be mining.
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:18:14 AM

This round of "vicious cycle" seem to be shorter than last time. Net hashrate is slowly rising again. Maybe price will follow sooner this time and we never see under 1Gh/s net hasrate again. Remains to be seen if dumpers have anymore easy coins to dump.

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:20:35 AM

Isawhim, while i disagree with your dictating who should and shouldn't participate in this coin, I find many pearls of wisdom in your rantings :-D

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
AIRcoin Aether

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:24:42 AM

Hey guys!

Just letting you know, I am making updates to the site, so expect some downtime for the next few hours or so. I will post back and let you guys know when I'm done! Smiley

Best,
Aether

All done.

Best,
Aether
CryptoKiller

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:17:59 AM

KGW does seem very slow to react during a drop of hashrate. 675MH/s but diff is still at 22.

Have you guys had a look at digishield from DGB?
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: